Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Greeting is successfully talking me out of MND and onto Greeting.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how so?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 724, Nero Cain wrote:at least you answered the q unlike Delta.
what question did i not answer?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 481, Frogsterking wrote:Rate each descriptive statement on how well it describes you using the Likert scale (1 = strongly disagree to 5 = strongly agree).

"Get angry easily" = 1

"Take charge" = 3

"Make people feel welcome" = 2

"Like music" = 4

"Like to tidy up" = 2

"Like to visit new places" = 2

"Feel comfortable around people" = 5

"Interested in many things" = 4

"Love order and regularity" = 3

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 2

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 4

"Cheer people up" = 5

"Lose my temper" = 1

"Enjoy the beauty of nature" = 2

"Enjoy thinking about things" = 5

"Cheat to get ahead" = 2

"Feel desperate" = 1

"Rarely overindulge" = 1

"Easily resist temptations" = 2

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 3

"Waste my time" = 3

"Need a push to get started" = 2

"Have little to contribute" = 1

"Keep my cool" = 4

"Avoid crowds" = 2

"Turn my back on others" = 1
Sure lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

why you town reading MND and Gandhi. I think you were asked both.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:47 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 620, Ausuka wrote:
In post 617, hutmeil wrote:
In post 613, Ausuka wrote:If Frog is opportunistic scum, wouldn't it make sense for him to pivot out of your wagon once it became clear it didn't have much traction?
Yes that makes sense too. I'm keeping both Frog!Town and Frog!Scum points in mind.
I guess I was wanting to know why you think it's townie of frog with that in mind
Given both points, his action is both townie and scummy at the same time.

However, right now he's been wagon-hopping so I'm scum leaning him at the moment. I know that's NAI (I've seen this in another game and the slot turned out Town) but that's how it feels to me right now.
In post 663, Nero Cain wrote:admittedly, there was some skimming involved but I was able to read the whole game last night,

My worry here is that Gandhi is "perpetually behind" as a scum tactic rather than actually just being too lazy/busy to catch up.
^This. I actually feel the same way. The way he formats his replies bugs me too (sorry Gandhi!). It's a pain to see because of the spacing (or the lack thereof) and I'm wondering if this is a scum tactic to simply look "helpful" with loads of info but is simply buying time.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 707, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
In post 404, hutmeil wrote:
In post 403, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: juice
Nice. I guess townie points for you. I'm still waiting for your survey though.
hutmeil votes Juice, then gives Frogster townpoints for unvoting juice
I don't think anyone wants to read this level 0 analysis bullshit. Hutmeil townread my unvote in 403 because it took juice off e-1. Realizing that is like...not even an original take on its own and you missed that point completely. Why bother catching up post-by-post if the given analysis is LESS detailed than someone can muster by skimming the thread and blurting out obvious things?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:52 am

In post 525, hutmeil wrote:
In post 414, inutile wrote:
In post 401, hutmeil wrote:Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

VOTE: Juice

As for the other slots, I'm willing to give a pass since it's still D1.

This is E-1 (if I counted correctly).
at least you counted correctly

this sort of thing a large part of why i vote the way i do
How do you vote?
In post 502, Juice wrote:
not really a read list.

more like - you jsut point out four players that have been more active.

then just everyone else.
then the person you want lynched.

quite an embarrassing list really. Also you've nearly had as many posts as me. so i'd ask how come you have a read list - but have nothing to show for it? youn sounds like mafia - looking for an easy day 1 push on someone who has been a bit AFK
Not sure if I respond to this since Juice will be replaced. Anyway, sure you are an easy day 1 push but that is all on you. You pop up on page 8 and claim it's RVS and you're not contributing anything to the game state. Last I checked, the game is about looking for scum and I find you the scummiest hence the vote.
Gandhi wrote:- 132 hutmeil what does this mean? townread whom? the person you vote? For asking "Why are you scumreading Ghandhi? Bit of a non-sequitur I know but I don't want to get into your improv stuff." ?
Oh boy, that's a few pages back already. Let me check... Ah yes, I townread Furtive because he had the same question I had in mind for Frog. Basically what I'm saying is he had the same mindset as mine (trying to solve an inconsistency). Frog was voting you but townread you at the same time. See post

Spoiler: Frog Survey
In post 481, Frogsterking wrote:Rate each descriptive statement on how well it describes you using the Likert scale (1 = strongly disagree to 5 = strongly agree).

"Get angry easily" = 3

"Take charge" = 3

"Make people feel welcome" = 4

"Like music" = 5

"Like to tidy up" = 4

"Like to visit new places" = 5

"Feel comfortable around people" = 4

"Interested in many things" = 5

"Love order and regularity" = 5

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 3

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 3

"Cheer people up" = 3

"Lose my temper" = 3

"Enjoy the beauty of nature" = 5

"Enjoy thinking about things" = 5

"Cheat to get ahead" = 1

"Feel desperate" = 2

"Rarely overindulge" = 3

"Easily resist temptations" = 3

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 3

"Waste my time" = 3

"Need a push to get started" = 3

"Have little to contribute" = 3

"Keep my cool" = 4

"Avoid crowds" = 5

"Turn my back on others" = 1
Really scummy post - hutmeil tells juice that it’s on them for being scummy and basically just keeps pushing the angle of scum juice
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:53 am

In post 731, Frogsterking wrote:
I don't think anyone wants to read this level 0 analysis bullshit. Hutmeil townread my unvote in 403 because it took juice off e-1. Realizing that is like...not even an original take on its own and you missed that point completely. Why bother catching up post-by-post if the given analysis is LESS detailed than someone can muster by skimming the thread and blurting out obvious things?
I do get that hutmeil townreads you for taking Juice off E-1. I still think that’s scummy on hutmeil’s side.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:54 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 716, Greeting wrote:I honestly don’t remember why I did this. I played one game with him where I was scum, and felt threatened enough that I killed him (Newbie 2095). I probably saw the same tone as in that game and just put him into the townbin for that. I will have to check to make sure though.
I remember that game. BBT came in strong and scum killed him for that (as you said).

But I also remembered how you played scum in that game is similar to how you are playing now. You we're posting as needed ( I guess so as not to get prodded ) and flying under the radar and acting helpful to newbies which of course makes you look townie to them.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:55 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 732, Mapuche Never Die wrote:Really scummy post - hutmeil tells juice that it’s on them for being scummy and basically just keeps pushing the angle of scum juice
Am I not allowed to push slots who I think is scummy?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I imagine that scum juice would taste like clam juice.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mohab500 and BlueBloodedToffee are being prodded.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 am

In post 566, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8, Ausuka wrote:This is a pretty standard game opener for this site
At first, I thought this was pretty scummy it's like
oh this is standard, nothing to see here!
but rereading it it's maybe not really scummy but then I felt like she comes off a bit conscious with the lite OMGUS is .

I know I'm tunneling a bit but the Frog/Ausuka back and forth on p.3 felt like theatre and his deceleration that Ausuka/inutile are both town made me worry that he knew I was town and Ausuka/inutile both being town was a false dilemma.
In post 87, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Shading can only be done by wolves?
I mentioned this in another game and you are correct but ppl nowadays throw out the shade word for anyone that disagrees/criticizes them.
In post 99, Frogsterking wrote:I believe Inutile is Town because of their fight with Asuka. Scum are rarely going to square off like that at the beginning of the game.
The last time I played with someone that used this as justification for reading a slot they were scum. Not to mention that it's just poor reasoning.
In post 130, Frogsterking wrote:Once I saw Eir and Greeting both voted Ghandi
silly take

I would like to see frogs case on Gandhi.
Nero makes some really weird points that I’m not seeing at all, but his self-awareness that he is tunneling is towny.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 721, Greeting wrote:While making reads I prioritise intent over tone. MND’s gamesolving intent is evident and sounds genuine. Even though he’s scumreading me.

Like, the fact that I wanted hammer half-way into Day 1, could be, objectively speaking, taken as a scumtell, but its importance is hugely overrated. It’s being talked about as if it was the most important thing I ever did in this game, when in reality nothing happened, and it wouldn’t have happened anyway while the slot was being replaced.
I mean, I think why you were willing to end the day early with a wagon on someone with like 3 posts is a question worth asking.

Anyway, I'm trying to ask where his gamesolving intent is evident? I haven't gotten much of a read out of MND so far.

Also where is mohab lol
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 733, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
I do get that hutmeil townreads you for taking Juice off E-1. I still think that’s scummy on hutmeil’s side.
So in you're stating that in you intentionally withheld information you were aware of in order to make hutmeil look worse?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 735, hutmeil wrote:
In post 732, Mapuche Never Die wrote:Really scummy post - hutmeil tells juice that it’s on them for being scummy and basically just keeps pushing the angle of scum juice
Am I not allowed to push slots who I think is scummy?
I can ask you the same question regarding your comments about my play in .
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 740, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 733, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
So in you're stating that in you intentionally withheld information you were aware of in order to make hutmeil look worse?
EBWOP; post link for 707 linked to 703.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@Ausuka

Are you open to the idea that hutmeil's townplay has qualities of people pleasing which is the cause of their scummy appearance in this game?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:14 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Shit I'm way behind on this game, apologies for not being more active.

Will get into this properly tomorrow
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 743, Frogsterking wrote:@Ausuka

Are you open to the idea that hutmeil's townplay has qualities of people pleasing which is the cause of their scummy appearance in this game?
I'd be willing to consider it. I've read his other games to compare, and I don't think his playstyle explains his play here, though. I also think, while people pleasing could explain some of his scummy behaviour, there are other things I scumread that would not be explained by that.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

Also if Hutmeil is town playing scummy I would be very surprised at the lack of momentum that has built on them

They were playing almost exactly the same way as Juice except like slightly less blatant about it and when Juice was at E 1 no one was even talking about hutmeil

I'm not saying that any particular individual is scum with Hutmeil or something - part of the reason this happened is because Juice was blatant, as I said - but as an overall trend it's concerning that so few people have called him out.

Is hutmeil guaranteed to be scum? No. Is he the most likely to be mafia right now? Imo, definitely.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 704, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
In post 320, Greeting wrote:Sorting.

Greeting

inutile

Ausuka

furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee
Frogsterking

DeltaWave

PoE:

Juice
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi
This read list is odd in that Greeting decides that BBT should be out of the PoE despite BBT only having made two posts of substantive content
Agree with this, I am fanning these flames
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

You read this wrong, the townie points were sarcastic.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

Furtive what are your reads

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”