Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@ mod, talking of bbt, he needs a prod.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:05 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm here, sorry for inactivity.

Will catch up on this tomorrow.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Kop »

Sorry for inactivity, work has been crazy this week. I will intend to read this over the next day or two. I've seem to have a lot to catch up on.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

@mod
v/La this weekend.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1958, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 366, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 342, Somnus wrote:And Penguin, besides noting that Not_Mafia is playing a very different style than I think we were all expecting, where are you at with regards to some of the other players in the game?
absolutely nowhere except gamma seems too stiff, but that's probably town indicative.
So far in this game, you've basically said nothing. Or said stuff that sounds like it's saying something, but on closer inspection it's just as meaningless.
Welcome to every game ever with me if that’s your conclusion.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1953, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If there was late scum in Jake wagon it's probably Penguinpower.
:yawn:

Nope. Already said why not. Pay attention.

VOTE: kop
<(") | (")>
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

I just spent a sizeable chunk of my Friday night re-reading all of Day 2 of a forum mafia game like any normal adult. I'm still not seeing scum!Enchant. Someone help me out here. Unhelpful!Enchant? Sure. Jake had other options and never even tried to pursue them. I had forgotten how much Nancy/whoever their last partner was had been town-reading Enchant by late Day 2. These wall quotes are going to look messy as fuck.
In post 1372, Jake The Wolfie wrote:VOTE: Enchant

Hello, Enchant! Welcome to Mafia, would you like to come play instead of acting rather foolish? You don't seem to be quite a talker, so I am taking this opportunity to light your feet on fire.
In post 1375, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Jake, why Enchant and why not BB or the hydra?
In post 1376, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Enchant is right here with (at least) 3 votes including mine, wheras other candidates do not have much momentum. Also, Enchant is flailing about and I want to know why.
In post 1442, Jake The Wolfie wrote:On the whole I'm feeling better about Nancy and Friends. I'll still advocate for pushing Enchant up, though.
In post 1534, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1532, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The chatter on Enchan't role seemed to be useless, but apparently it showed that they actually were claiming to be a cop??
In post 1518, Enchant wrote:2. I fakeclaimed. You all probably *GASP* now.

I'll count that as calling it.
Unfortunately that’s not ai for him. His play here is definitely antitown but he does this shit as either alignment.
In post 1535, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The chatter on Enchan't role seemed to be useless, but apparently it showed that they actually were claiming to be a cop??

Unfortunately that’s not ai for him. His play here is definitely antitown but he does this shit as either alignment.
Do you think that Enchant would be a good axe today?
In post 1536, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1535, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Do you think that Enchant would be a good axe today?
Based on his play so far, it wouldn’t exactly be a tragedy but as I said, the “99% I’m wrong” makes me think he could be town.
In post 1584, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1582, Enchant wrote:
In post 1579, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1575, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1574, Enchant wrote:Explained why killing Goldfish is bad idea, therefore cutting POE to 8 people.

You?
Where did you explain this?
@Enchant I still would like this answered.
Oh goddamn just open my iso.
I have, but I could not find anything that explained it. Could you either show me where it is?
In post 1585, Enchant wrote:Aw shit. Here we go again.

Look, likelyhood of Somnus being town is already high.
No one scumread Goldfish for real, and only idea is "Let's kill Goldfish because null, if we are wrong, we get conftown anyway and can protect him!". Conftowning person who is already town is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda dumb, especially because with idea "Why not, we can protect him!".

It's just not worth it mechanically, unless there's like 80%+ chance of goldfish being mafia, and i am pretty confident that Goldfish is Town than not, but that's me (i can't provide reasonable explainings).
Even if Goldfish is mafia (which can be possible, like anything possible), it may be even benefiting to ignore him for a moment, where we are unsure. I strongly believe that he turns obvious lategame, and this way Somnus will be alive as well, which easies game a bit.

In unpredicted case, where Somnus and Goldfish both mafs (Which i am 99% sure NOT a case, but still), i still belive it's worth to watch them, not risk likelytowns just for sake of risk.
In post 1587, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1585, Enchant wrote:Aw shit. Here we go again.

Look, likelyhood of Somnus being town is already high.
No one scumread Goldfish for real, and only idea is "Let's kill Goldfish because null, if we are wrong, we get conftown anyway and can protect him!". Conftowning person who is already town is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda dumb, especially because with idea "Why not, we can protect him!".

It's just not worth it mechanically, unless there's like 80%+ chance of goldfish being mafia, and i am pretty confident that Goldfish is Town than not, but that's me (i can't provide reasonable explainings).
Even if Goldfish is mafia (which can be possible, like anything possible), it may be even benefiting to ignore him for a moment, where we are unsure. I strongly believe that he turns obvious lategame, and this way Somnus will be alive as well, which easies game a bit.

In unpredicted case, where Somnus and Goldfish both mafs (Which i am 99% sure NOT a case, but still), i still belive it's worth to watch them, not risk likelytowns just for sake of risk.
There we go, now it's in your ISO.

Although, I don't think that most people were seriously pushing for Goldfish to be axed anyway, because they are currently absent. This was a rather easy thing to argue for is what I'm saying.

What else is on your resumè?
In post 1588, Enchant wrote:You forgot to answer mine.
In post 1589, Jake The Wolfie wrote:We are currently playing Questions and Answers, wherin I ask you a series of related questions, to not lose the focus, and you provide satisfactory answers. Once I'm satisfied, it can be your turn.
In post 1590, Enchant wrote:Too bad. I am above rules.
In post 1591, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If you would like to play footsies, play it with someone else. If you want your questions answered, please answer mine first.

What else have you done to contribute?
In post 1592, Enchant wrote:You are not in right to answer me questions like these, nor they gonna help.

I don't care, how much or how less you contributed (this question i ask you is actually irony), nor you should care how much i did, you need to think if i am town or not and ask questions about ppl. I can as well look whole game, say "oh yes, it's scummy and this is not", make readlist, many things. They are easily fakeble. Ironically, in every game where i was maf, i could just made readlist and turn townread for everyone, just because. Idk why, i never understand this, probably people just like these things.

Your work also meaningless, because if you are town, then you wasted all time to push me, another town. So while you of course wasted more time on this, you achieved same thing as me. Nothing. Maybe even negative. So ironically, i have more BPP (Benefit Per Post), wasting less effort and achieved same results.

Science. You can think about purpose of life of something, i am busy.
In post 1593, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1591, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If you would like to play footsies, play it with someone else. If you want your questions answered, please answer mine first.

What else have you done to contribute?
In post 1594, Enchant wrote:Nothing.
Like you.
In post 1595, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Good, I'm satisfied, now it's your turn to ask questions if you so desire.
In post 1596, Enchant wrote:What your scumread on me even based off
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1201, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1054, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Haven't read much past page 10, all I can conclude is that my slot had many opinions and not facts.
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I have just finished Page 6-
Probably not something Jake's partner points out? Like, I don't think this was necessarily some huge "Gotcha!" moment, but I dunno that his partner points this out.

To me, scum!Penguin/Enchant only makes sense if the plan as soon as Jake replaced in was, "Ok, we're bussing the ever-loving shit out of you immediately." I don't like the timing of Penguin's unvote of Jake late in Day 2, but he did switch back to Jake to put him at E-1 when we were somehow nearing the deadline. Thoughts, I guess?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m not letting Enchant go until he starts seeing sense
I don’t really scumread him that strongly anymore but he is not playing anywhere close to rationally
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1983, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m not letting Enchant go until he starts seeing sense
I don’t really scumread him that strongly anymore but he is not playing anywhere close to rationally
I don't necessarily disagree. I don't think he's mafia but I think he's been largely unhelpful.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 1982, Somnus wrote:
In post 1054, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Haven't read much past page 10, all I can conclude is that my slot had many opinions and not facts.
Probably not something Jake's partner points out? Like, I don't think this was necessarily some huge "Gotcha!" moment, but I dunno that his partner points this out.

To me, scum!Penguin/Enchant only makes sense if the plan as soon as Jake replaced in was, "Ok, we're bussing the ever-loving shit out of you immediately." I don't like the timing of Penguin's unvote of Jake late in Day 2, but he did switch back to Jake to put him at E-1 when we were somehow nearing the deadline. Thoughts, I guess?
I'm not buying that switch back. That could easily be interpreted as trying to buy credit, because realizing that Jake was eventually going to be eliminated he didn't want to look suspicious with the unvote. Personally thinking.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Post by Kop »

I see that Penguin was fairly on at Jake throughout half a dozen posts that I read, but that doesn't rule out that there was a bus, and the whole change to Enchant before switching back to Jake doesn't feel right in my mind, it felt like he switched to Enchant hoping that it would take off, then as deadline got closer decided to switch back to Jake possibly knowing that he would flip scum, therefore it feels like he would gain some town cred for doing so (hiding behind I could have coasted to a no elim excuse if I was scum).

It doesn't feel right, but once I'm over my tiredness I will read into it all a lot more.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by Enchant »

Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m not letting Enchant go until he starts seeing sense
Also Enchant: Two right guesses in a row.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Does "guesses" imply that you just threw darts to decide what your reads are? Because that’s what it looks like.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

Wdm darts?

I am just good at mafia. Bad players won't understand.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Having no convincing ability is like being 50% good at mafia.
You cannot be considered above the level of average unless you also make other players believe you are right.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1985, Kop wrote:
In post 1982, Somnus wrote:

I'm not buying that switch back. That could easily be interpreted as trying to buy credit, because realizing that Jake was eventually going to be eliminated he didn't want to look suspicious with the unvote. Personally thinking.
In post 1986, Kop wrote:I see that Penguin was fairly on at Jake throughout half a dozen posts that I read, but that doesn't rule out that there was a bus, and the whole change to Enchant before switching back to Jake doesn't feel right in my mind, it felt like he switched to Enchant hoping that it would take off, then as deadline got closer decided to switch back to Jake possibly knowing that he would flip scum, therefore it feels like he would gain some town cred for doing so (hiding behind I could have coasted to a no elim excuse if I was scum).

It doesn't feel right, but once I'm over my tiredness I will read into it all a lot more.
Why is this what you focus on of everything on your return :?: :shifty: :cop:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:19 pm

Somnus' posting is good, doubt Penguin is scum after Jake flip.

I'm going to try and read this game properly at some point today, but I just slimmed and that post stood out to me.

Kop and Gamma pushing back has drawn my interest too, will look at those a little closer.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1992, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:doubt Penguin is scum after Jake flip.
Why?
Also do you believe Jake wagon was entirely pure?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When i’m asking why i want to know the exact rationale behind your thinking btw.
Was there a post in particular that stood out for you as evidence that Penguin can’t be Jake partnered?

- Bunno
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:21 am

1982 from Somnus
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1995, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:1982 from Somnus
I don’t really agree with the rationale behind Somnus’s posts because it is way too surface level thinking to assume that just because Penguin posted shade on Jake during their catch-up that they could not be scum partners.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’ve already explained my view on early bussing being likely, referring to my post if in doubt.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Penguin actually fits to an T how i think scum would interact with Jake wagon from the way it played out yesterday.
Early shade and scumread on Jake’s efforts to distance. "Reluctant vote" on Enchant when it seemed a bit unclear which way things were going. Then an late vote on Jake to make sure they are in the right side of history because they knew it would flip scum and had to hurry to vote back.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@BBT
You didn’t respond to my first question.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”