Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1046, Ausuka wrote:town would genuinely decide that the best way to get information is to be intentionally scummy and then get irritated when people scumread you for being scummy
this is how everytown player is that thinks slayers gambit is a good idea.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

I have never heard of slayer's gambit and while I have seen something similar to this in the past - albeit very rarely - I don't really get the sense that this from Hutmeil is genuine, personally.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:44 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 1045, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1039, hutmeil wrote: If eliminating me will push the game state forward then by all means elim me (miselim).

But of course, since I'm VT, I feel conflicted about this since the game is about hunting/eliminating scum, not eliminating Town.
Ok great but you said "I agree with my elimination" and discussed self hammering earlier. That's a much harder stance than "if eliminating me will push the gamestate forward then fine." I'd be more willing to chalk it up to a mistake in wording if this was only one line but you seem to have gone repeatedly back and forth on this issue
Why do I get the feeling that you're pushing me to hammer myself?
In post 1046, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1043, hutmeil wrote:
In post 1034, Ausuka wrote:I don't really think you adequately explained what on earth would drive you to make a terrible readslist on purpose.
I don't think you read my recent post but I made it to get information on D1. It's D1 so getting info by any means possible is good (at least for me).
I read your post but I just do not think this explanation makes sense. Like I guess it's not impossible, but I really don't understand why town would genuinely decide that the best way to get information is to be intentionally scummy and then get irritated when people scumread you for being scummy
I'm not saying it's the best way. It is A way. Basically we don't have any info on D1 so generating reactions is a way to get info on the day with the least info.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1052, hutmeil wrote:Why do I get the feeling that you're pushing me to hammer myself?
I mean you explicitly asked me what I found scummy about your post

And ok but like surely you realise there are other ways to get reactions than just playing like scum
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:48 am

Post by hutmeil »

I have to go now. It's almost 3am here.

Pedit:Sure there are other ways. Don't I have the freedom to choose the way I want?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

W/e I will stop spamming the thread up and let over people give responses to this because it is possible I have some bias at this point
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Slayer's gambit is essentially playing "scummy" with the assumption that scum will try to push you and you find scum that way. Like I'm not saying that's what Hut was doing but I do feel like thats what alot of new players do. And sometimes they get MAD for being scum read and I think it's hilarious and your made me think of that.

It's like smoking 2 packs a day and then getting mad at the cig company when you get lung cancer. If you partake in risky behavior don't get mad at the consequences.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why hasn't Greeting claimed? or has he?

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Crescent »

He didn't claim that I can remember. I'll occasionally peek in at work but I generally can't do much when I'm not on break. I want an answer to how 1019 and 1024 don't blatantly contradict.

I've gotta get my stuff started but I was hoping for an answer before this.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I have 2ish hours before I leave. If I need to switch to Greeting I can but I'll wait for a hard claim and I'd also like to see an explanation for

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count 1.11hutmeil (6): Ausuka, DeltaWave, Greeting, Frogsterking, Nero Cain, BlueBloodedToffee
Greeting (6): Eiralox, Nuclear Gandhi, furtiveglance, Crescent, Mapuche Never Die, hutmeil
Mapuche Never Die (1): hoppip

Not Voting:

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 20:45:00)

Mod notes:
Your mod may be at EPCOT when deadline comes so you may get extended twilight
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: unvote

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Greeting »

Oh, I didn't get hammered. I really thought I did, and was just kinda ready to forget about this game.

Fine, I'll claim if you guys really want me to. I'm a gated Town Cop who can only uncover Mafia Goons (full role is
Town Disloyal Simple Cop
).

It's a shame I probably won't even get to use the role now. I am, however, still planning on checking someone from my PoE Night 1. My current thoughts are to check out Mohab/
Crescent
's slot.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hrmmm...

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:56 am

Post by Ausuka »

Hmm

I kind of believe the role and don't think it would be a fake claim, but is possible greeting has a similar mafia role

Why did you want to be hammered if you're a gooncop
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What makes it such a believable claim?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

don't think mafia claim roles like disloyal simple cop in practice and it's the sort of thing that's in vogue in the normal queue at the minute
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1066, Ausuka wrote:don't think mafia claim roles like disloyal simple cop in practice and it's the sort of thing that's in vogue in the normal queue at the minute
to be clear, if greeting is like, mafia disloyal simple cop or even something like mafia disloyal complex gunsmith I think I could see it
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Greeting »

I'd much rather be just a Town Cop, but yeah, for some reason that's hard to come by in the Normal queue.

I consider myself to be a rather intelligent person, but I'm not smart enough to make such a sophisticated fake claim, honestly. I would need to have someone from my team invent it for me (10% effort) and then successfully convince me to use it (90% effort), which overall makes it highly improbable.

I'm annoyed that I was forced to claim over absolute bs on Day 1, because the only way for my role to be potentially useful would be me checking out at least like 3 scummy people and hoping I uncover an actual Goon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Greeting »

Anyway, question time is over, because I think the questions being asked are bullshit and my cooperation changes absolutely nothing. If you don't believe my claim, just hammer me so I can bitch about this game in the Dead Thread.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Ausuka »

-.-
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

I literally say I'm inclined to believe your claim but no apparently me asking literally anything is bullshit??? Like genuinely what did I even do, not townlock you? Like I'm sorry but you just have not been that towny
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1028, Greeting wrote:nyway, if I was hammered then town just shot itself in the foot.
I mean it was obvious that greeting was soft claiming pr here. I was sorta thinking this was scum
ATE
so we didn't hammer him for real.

I was also sorta thinking that Hut could be town b/c I really think that scum would be far more likely to claim PR like ^^^

Another thought I had was that Hut actually was a VT and the Greeting wagon was about getting another claim. But that would mean they were both town and scum is something like BBT, Cresent, ???

or maybe there's just scum in hut/greeting and I'm overthinking things

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

what should I do, Ausuka?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean all those things are obviously possibilities

The vt thing does cross my mind but the amount of stress he put on how he's ok with being elimmed cos he's just a simple VT kind of cancelled that out for me

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”