Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 242, MegAzumarill wrote:Interested if these change at all. If they do can you state what you were thinking beforehand?
Yup sure. I'll try to give some reasoning for my current reads shortly after I reread (or as I'm rereading, we'll see) and if I draw different conclusions I'll try to pick out why.
In post 244, BS2000 wrote:Welcome Rad and Bellaphant!

@Rad: do you think Juice was just disengaged/uninterested in this game?
Thanks!

Well, knowing this slot is town, this is probably just legit:
In post 127, Juice wrote:forgot about this game ooops.
In post 146, Juice wrote:
In post 145, petapan wrote:VOTE: juice
UNVOTE:
VOTE: petapan OMGUS for the fun of it
^ This is probably Juice not being all that interested in the game.
In post 187, Juice wrote:peta is squeaking like scum. if they were town, they would of just kept their vote on me,
In post 218, Juice wrote:petagan is just vote spreading to seem town - we caught mafia already
^ I can't tell how serious these are and I read peta as town on my first read through. I'm going to keep the idea in mind in my reread in case Juice was onto something that I missed. I know the first time I read it before I knew this slot's alignment for sure, I thought he was just wrong on peta.

Off to reread and make notes this time, but let me know if anyone has any questions in the meantime. I'll be up for another hour or two.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Rad »

Sorry, I don't plan on asking a ton of questions from early game, but when I find something that I want clarification for I'm just going to have to ask.
In post 15, FancyPants wrote:VOTE: esires

Wagon or scum.

FurtiveGlance and BS2000 already town.

Looks like an easy game.
@Fancy can you explain why you had the town read on Furtive and BS2000 early? Was it serious or a joke? Was Meg wrong in or were you confirming they were correct in and that you town read them for "moving the game along"?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by petapan »

UNVOTE:

i think as of right now there is probable scum in bbt/esires/fp and i don't think bbt and esires are aligned. bbt/f is like the level 0 solve but i dunno if fancypants is careless with his partner like that. bbt needs to get in here and post. realize the game was in a lull over the weekend but hasnt felt like he had the urgency to do anything after being run up
free crypto
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by Rad »

Alright so I was rereading through things and decided to make notes on anything that stuck out. This isn't something I normally do. In my skim through I just had a list of people and moved them as my gut told me to. Here, I've focused on specific posts that I felt could use an explanation. I only made it 4 pages in close to 2 hours. I don't think I'll continue like this but I figured I'd throw this out there anyway since I spent the time on it. I grouped posts by people rather than by order they happened, which is probably much more useful for me than anyone else who might read this.

Some symbols I used:

^ for pushing me towards town read, ... for pushing me towards scum read, nothing extra for null but still significant enough to talk about it (I didn't write about nulls that I didn't feel were significant, for the most part)

After 4 pages I had no super strong town or scum reads. Just some leans and nulls. I'll continue on here but I'm going to shift back to my regular method of just moving people as I get reads on them. Hopefully I can catch up completely tomorrow because I play best when I can have active conversations.

Though I do often order my reads list, these are not ordered. I just kept updating people and moving them to the right sections.

TOWN LEAN

MegAzumarill (SE)

- ^ feels like a townie suspicion, one that's not super obvious but also makes me go "huh yeah maybe, not sure I agree but I can see that"
- ^ this response to BS2000's town read of furtive is probably exactly what I was thinking during the initial skim because it's exactly what I'm thinking during the reread, which helps me understand where my intitial BS2000 scum read started coming from.
- ^ yup agree if that's what fancy meant
- probably a good read, could be TMI, could just be a good read, so NAI for me
- ^ feels easier to say as town so >randtown
- ... this is a weird one for Meg because I don't see why they'd say they didn't like someone's entry if they didn't mean that it was alignment indicative.

furtiveglance (SE)

- ^ response to Meg's 32 in an openly townie sort of way
- no thoughts on furtive's move here, I dunno if this is townie or scummy so just NAI for me
- yeah exactly what I was thinking here.

petapan

- ^ votes Juice with a reasonable vote, cause Juice isn't interacting which is scummy, and pushing him to be more active is pro-town. Rest of the post is NAI cause an experienced player is supposed to make the newbies fun regardless of if they're town or scum, so really it'll be whether they follow through with it or not.
- agrees with my thoughts on 31/32 so we're thinking the same sort of thing
- ^ pushing furtive for more info was good but not hard to do as scum, the "no reason to distrust me" I think is >randtown
- ^ reads as townie to me (tone)
- agree with first point about esires. "fastest townread not warranted" part is prob nai for an experienced player. Kinda scummy to throw out there the idea that they'll town read people if those people town read peta but probably nai also.
- ^ agree and it feels like a townie perspective
- and good questions but also easy from scum so nai
- ^ feels like a mix of honesty (nai) and more importantly, pointing out that he doesn't necessarily feel like anyone's reads are coming from an informed pov, which is a townie thing to think about in response to BS2000's pressure.
- all feel fine and nai vs BBT
- i agree mostly and don't hate his list here. Maybe we just read town in a similar way.

NULL

BlueBloodedToffee

- Standard BBT entrance is nai

esires

- ^ agree with this post so feels town
- ... ehh has Meg really displayed a high level of activity and scumhunting by post 91? I just looked back through to see if that makes any sense at all and as far as scumhunting, we've got and that's about it. Everything else is nai banter or giving reads or explaining reads. Nope if Meg is town it's not because they're scum hunting at this stage. I didn't catch this one first time through. Follow up to furtive is really weak.

FancyPants (SE)

- this is weird from Fancy and I need him to clarify some things (asked question in ).
- yeah could be thin, depending on what fancy was actually thinking

SCUM LEAN

BS2000

- ... this post is definitely where I started questioning the slot on my first read. On second read a few things jump out. 1. Shading Meg which I was town reading, but on reread Meg's really only said 1 thing of importance so far so maybe not a bad shade. 2. The fumbling of "I thought it was E-1 but it's E-2!" feels staged but could just be sincere. 3. Furtive being a strong town read feels super weird at this stage and I don't get the confidence here. Peta town read sort of feels like a way to buddy with them. See my point under Meg's 53 post for more info.
- ... I know people end up having problems with the "Lol a Newbie game with no true newbs in it now.", but I just don't. It's just truth at this point and nai. I kinda have problems with the "need to see more from Juice/Bulba/BBT. There's scum somewhere in there." part. I just get scum vibes when people say that, even if the Bulba and BBT slots end up reading scum to me. It's page 3 at this point and they've narrowed it down to 3 which feels scummy to me. Furtive's 68 post I think agrees.
- ... another post where I just get scum vibes. The "maaaaan this feels performative" part feels, lol, performative to me. Could easily be newbie reaching or scum trying to look sincere. The part about Meg being loose and specifying that BS2000 is ok with Meg correcting people's language, also feels fake.

Bellaphant

- (Bulba) probably sincere but nai because scum!Bulba knows this fact about town!Bulba
- (Bulba) furtive's just null at this point IMO so I find the scum leaning read on him weird. Reasonable to need to see more from Juice slot.
- ... (Bulba) I don't believe this coming from him. Also, esires wasn't offering themself up to be flipped, they were just ok with being the first wagon, which isn't necessarily a flip. Reasoning here feels fabricated.
- ^ and (Bulba) are reasonable.
- (Bulba) misread on furtive's style i think

Please let me know if there are any follow ups or clarifications you wish for me to make.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 252, petapan wrote:UNVOTE:

i think as of right now there is probable scum in bbt/esires/fp and i don't think bbt and esires are aligned. bbt/f is like the level 0 solve but i dunno if fancypants is careless with his partner like that. bbt needs to get in here and post. realize the game was in a lull over the weekend but hasnt felt like he had the urgency to do anything after being run up
I don't hate your bbt/esires/fp PoE here but can you tell me why you're reading BS2000 town? I still have to reread the past 6 pages so if you've already explained this please just reference your post on it.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 254, Rad wrote:
In post 252, petapan wrote:UNVOTE:

I don't hate your bbt/esires/fp PoE here but can you tell me why you're reading BS2000 town? I still have to reread the past 6 pages so if you've already explained this please just reference your post on it.
Or let me clarify, if you're not reading them town, why are they not in your PoE?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Rad »

Derr that came across wrong twice. Let's try again.

Why is BS2000 not in your list of probable scum? Are you reading them town? If so, help me out please, why?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 152, BS2000 wrote:Furtive....ya know I do get a weird vibe from their iso. Like, and I know some people get really peeved at looking for pairs in D1, but if Juice flipped scum, I feel like FG would be a decent target. But that's a small hunch i'm not gonna push.
Why are you drawing that scum team conclusion exactly?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Rad »

Ok I'm up to beginning of page 8.

Peta has gone way up to town:

- ^ 132 and 133 finally boost them to town for me
- ^ 150 could push Juice slot easily but doesn't
- ^ 166 yeah peta notices the same thing about fancy's questions in 154 that I did
- ^ 168 and 169 are good progressions for the vote on Fancy

esires has gone up:

- ^ 129 really strong connection with my own thoughts and gives me townie reads
- ^ 149 giving Juice slot some leeway instead of pushing a LHF vote on them

Meg has remained town lean:

- 170 i agree with this post
- 172 i disagree here and think peta has a good point

Bulba is tanking:

- ... 156 asks Fancy about a BBT post that Fancy already replied to, fancy doesn't point this out at all and just re-explains his thoughts on BBT's 114
- ... 173 is so weak and the "if you don't do this i'll vote you" is bleehhh
- ... 174 still bleeehhh

BS2000 about the same:

- 152 ok with BBT or Juice. I know Juice is LHF but I don't disagree with the slot being voted at that point. But he says he's null on Fancy cause they seem not too interested, which is the same for Juice at that point. Weird scum combo with Juice and Furtive which I know isn't true, but also he offers no explanation.

Fancy tanking:

- ... 154 is boring and lacks real thought.
- ... 157 re-answers a read he already explained without push back

Furtive no movement that I noted, which makes sense why he ended up at null.

BBT has revolved around 114:

Ok so I hated this post from BBT. I think it's bad reasoning and I know BBT is a smart player, so I just hate it.
In post 114, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright.

BS made a post saying something along the lines of 'A newbie game with no newbies in' and this came across to me like scum complaining that they have no newbies and as such are at a disadvantage.
I remember others hated it too. Let's see...

- peta wondering wtf
- Bulba wondering wtf
- BS2000 wondering wtf and voting for BBT
- esires wondering wtf
- Fancy reads this as townie
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Rad »

sorry I didn't link a bunch of those post #s, they were just normal notes that I'd have turned into links but it's late and I'm going to sleep now
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by Rad »

I'll come up with a vote tomorrow, not voting BBT here, need to reread last couple pages and I want to see what comes of my recent content + whatever bella can produce.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Rad »

To clarify, I'm not voting bbt right this second. Maybe I do tomorrow when I'm caught up. So far my only issue is 114 and I will not hammer for that at this point. Gnight!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 114, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright.

BS made a post saying something along the lines of 'A newbie game with no newbies in' and this came across to me like scum complaining that they have no newbies and as such are at a disadvantage.
I don't think this is towny Rad. I feel like this is one of those votes that just happens to be mafia and we lucked out on this one.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 256, Rad wrote:Derr that came across wrong twice. Let's try again.

Why is BS2000 not in your list of probable scum? Are you reading them town? If so, help me out please, why?
i had thought him having a "small hunch" was towny although admittedly it's a micro moment and the overall body of work is inconclusive
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:09 am

Post by petapan »

if this weren't a newbie game i'd have hammered bbt into the ground already
free crypto
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:31 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@meg, I get that the bbt wagon came off off a shit post, but I don't think it's been the worst post this game! I don't think it's like, lock scum, which the wagon suggests.

@peta, Tell about ym read on you? I just don't see lock!town in the way other people seem to. I don't think you are scummy, just not town. I don't think I implied it's due to activity, the read on you from others, as hard as furtive thinks but I do think it's part of it.

@bs, bulb was a weird one to read because his posts were kind of all over the place. I have meg as nully.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:33 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Rad, why am I null?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:47 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Prodding BlueBloodedToffee.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 265, Bellaphant wrote:@meg, I get that the bbt wagon came off off a shit post, but I don't think it's been the worst post this game! I don't think it's like, lock scum, which the wagon suggests.

@peta, Tell about ym read on you? I just don't see lock!town in the way other people seem to. I don't think you are scummy, just not town. I don't think I implied it's due to activity, the read on you from others, as hard as furtive thinks but I do think it's part of it.

@bs, bulb was a weird one to read because his posts were kind of all over the place. I have meg as nully.
Well do you think BBT is town?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:52 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Had to double check this was the right game before I posted after seeing Rad and Bella posts.

I'm really struggling to find the time for Mafia at the moment and I honestly don't mind being hammered.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:05 am

Post by petapan »

In post 265, Bellaphant wrote:@meg, I get that the bbt wagon came off off a shit post, but
I don't think it's been the worst post this game!
I don't think it's like, lock scum, which the wagon suggests.

if you think there are worse posts why ave you not called them out, that seems weird

if the wagon is inorganic who are you pointing to as a culprit
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:40 am

Post by petapan »

i want an answer from bella and then i'm hammering
free crypto
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Honestly I think we'd get a ton of info from the flip, so I'm fine with it.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:24 am

Post by petapan »

no i want you to actually answer the things i just asked you lol
free crypto
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Rad »

In post 266, furtiveglance wrote:Rad, why am I null?
Let me correct myself and put you at a town lean here so far. When I said this:
In post 258, Rad wrote:Furtive no movement that I noted, which makes sense why he ended up at null.
I meant that in my initial read of the game, I had you at null. I have you at a town lean now. But I had no special notes on you in that update section so I was realizing why I had you at null in the initial read. Your posts so far are mostly not impactful, not overly townie or scummy, so I had a hard time getting any sort of read on you. In the reread I get some townie vibes here and there.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”