Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'm sure I'd be impressed, but I don't have to worry, MS forums clearly aren't built to send you PMs with red text
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Aristeia »

so true
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 866, skitter30 wrote:not sure i understand marci/ausuka but i think it's probably tvt
750 is a townpost, and i'm not sure ausuka gets this worked up as scum?
(also lowkey uncomfortable to read on p31)
(as i wrote this the bizarre thought of svs crossed my mind but i don't really think that's a thing here)
i think their last game would be relevant to understand the context but rather than explaining the details because that would take a bunch of time ill just say i agree its tvt
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 872, Aristeia wrote:not really
ok thanks
VOTE: gl
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

also heya relly :)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by scamper »

oh i thought of one more thing: read firebringers iso and tell me what u think?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 276, Datisi wrote:
In post 274, Ausuka wrote:
In post 271, Datisi wrote:the same way, no. which is why i am not uberlocktowning him.
Ok but this doesn't address my concern. Am I wrong that you are townreading him because he sucked up to you in the one game he played as scum with town you and you think he would play the same way here? If I'm not, why do you believe that?
yes. he said in that game that he fearkilled me. which means that he fears my towngame. assuming nothing has changed since then, and he still has the same thoughts on it, i highly doubt he enters this game with "actually datisi is scummy tho lol" because scum!him would KNOW i would become obvtown later on (he hasn't yet witnessed the scumlordtisi arc, i think), while town!him would absolutely poke me early if he thought i was being out of line
I dunno if this is useful to point out but I see people talking about me / my meta and I feel obligated to comment

it's less that I fear you becoming obvtown and dominating the game and more that I fear you sensing that my vibes are scummy/off and making life hard for me as a result, cause a) you in particular pay more attention to how I'm playing or how hard I'm trying and b) because I feel like when we're both town we vibe in a way that I dunno if I can replicate as scum

if town!you really entered the game purposefully playing bad/scummy specifically to reaction test me to see if I call you out, that just further proves it a valid fear I think :lol:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 880, skitter30 wrote:also heya relly :)
hi! I think you're town because people scumread your entrance to the game in the same way I've seen people scumread you as town like 12 times :lol:

I don't have any strong scumreads except, like.... datisi? I sure hope the silent slots are scum
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 333, scamper wrote:
In post 219, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't like the phrasing of 108 it doesn't actually give me any idea why scamper thinks HEM is scum
do i need to explain myself on page 5?
In post 219, GuiltyLion wrote:110 is offensively non-offensive.
ok
In post 219, GuiltyLion wrote:114 also gave me a feel of trying to stir shit around Nero without actually directly getting involved.
im just disagreeing with a thing he said. like, if i wanted to "stir shit", id just call him scum
In post 220, GuiltyLion wrote:addendum I forgot to add, specifically I really dislike the trailing "..." on , that's what gives me the shit stirring vibe. like if you think Nero being wrong in means something, say that, if you don't, what's the point of the post
thats just how i type...
scamper, let me into your head a bit, why did you feel compelled to respond to my case on you? I was sharing that mainly for skitter's benefit, but I didn't try to engage with you in the post and if you're town and I'm wrong I'd expect you to understand it's pretty early game reasoning. Are you normally a defensive player as town? Do you have prior town games where you decided to reply point by point defending against an early case like this? I don't feel like you're trying to really sort me with this reply either, so it just kinda feels like a defensive post for ?? reason, help me fill in the blank
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 883, Irrelephant11 wrote:
hi! I think you're town because people scumread your entrance to the game in the same way I've seen people scumread you as town like 12 times :lol:

I don't have any strong scumreads except, like.... datisi? I sure hope the silent slots are scum
ok so i'll be honest that i've not read like any of your posts :/
can i get a quick tldr on why you think dats is scummy?

@scamper i shall so long as it is noted that i'm quite awful at reading him so idk if i'll manage to get anything out of that

@gl i responded to ur explanation to ur scamper vote on the previous page
Show
Hiatus once more.

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 884, GuiltyLion wrote:scamper, let me into your head a bit, why did you feel compelled to respond to my case on you? I was sharing that mainly for skitter's benefit, but I didn't try to engage with you in the post and if you're town and I'm wrong I'd expect you to understand it's pretty early game reasoning. Are you normally a defensive player as town? Do you have prior town games where you decided to reply point by point defending against an early case like this? I don't feel like you're trying to really sort me with this reply either, so it just kinda feels like a defensive post for ?? reason, help me fill in the blank
why would i not respond to a case on me even if it's early game reasons? i dont, like, care that u were pushing me there in terms of what it means for ur alignment but im not just going to let that stuff slide
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

INTEResting
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 885, skitter30 wrote:@gl i responded to ur explanation to ur scamper vote on the previous page
ok, looking at that post, my main thought is like... okay? I get you disagree with my read. I'm not confident enough in the vote to start trying to appeal to the game and corralling votes there, so I don't really want to argue the Finer Points of it, you disagree, cool.

and I don't get why you say you don't think they "merited" a vote, like imo we're at a stage of the game where no vote should be off the table. Who do you think I should have been voting instead?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 885, skitter30 wrote:@scamper i shall so long as it is noted that i'm quite awful at reading him so idk if i'll manage to get anything out of that
o i thought you could read him
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 888, GuiltyLion wrote:where no vote should be off the table
sorry I'm realizing this phrasing might be ambiguous

by "no vote should be off the table", I mean "no particular individual is above being voted", not "everyone should no longer be no voting" (although I would say that is true as well!)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 886, scamper wrote:why would i not respond to a case on me even if it's early game reasons? i dont, like, care that u were pushing me there in terms of what it means for ur alignment but im not just going to let that stuff slide
is your goal to help me read you or is it to ensure that no one else agrees with me about you?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

GL, you wanna vote FB?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 196, Firebringer wrote:
In post 166, Aristeia wrote:
In post 121, Firebringer wrote:For I have rolled scum.
so town
How wrong can one be
In post 689, Firebringer wrote:the way your doing it just feels like u want something from me that isn't just my insight like you want me to trust you/think your town here.

vibe feels off
In post 842, Firebringer wrote:
In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Firebringer - pending to mid-game
id recommend not doing this. better to elim me earlier if ur going to have doubts in the mid game.

at first glance i liked these posts but i don't think they're out of his range so ultimately NAI even tho they're kinda townie

i kinda like his approach to sorting nero

none of this translates to a firm read in my mind, i'm not the best at reading fb unfortunately
Show
Hiatus once more.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 892, VP Baltar wrote:GL, you wanna vote FB?
I wanna finish reading up with the game first but I will say so far I haven't found anything to TR in Fire

@Fire can you channel some of that Holiday Dance Energy cause you were like my favoritest most top townread there and I'd like to have that experience again
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 883, Irrelephant11 wrote:

:? ppl are scum reading Skitter? Who?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 888, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 885, skitter30 wrote:@gl i responded to ur explanation to ur scamper vote on the previous page
ok, looking at that post, my main thought is like... okay? I get you disagree with my read. I'm not confident enough in the vote to start trying to appeal to the game and corralling votes there, so I don't really want to argue the Finer Points of it, you disagree, cool.

and I don't get why you say you don't think they "merited" a vote, like imo we're at a stage of the game where no vote should be off the table.
Who do you think I should have been voting instead?
i'm not sure, but i don't think you had a good reason to vote him either, and your explanation is sort of flat and buzzword-y, it feels more like making up reasons after the fact
also i'm not really sure what bone you're picking with scamper rn, i don't think its' odd at all that he responded to that

also the bolded is sort of weird
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 889, scamper wrote:
In post 885, skitter30 wrote:@scamper i shall so long as it is noted that i'm quite awful at reading him so idk if i'll manage to get anything out of that
no, i can't really
Show
Hiatus once more.

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 891, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 886, scamper wrote:why would i not respond to a case on me even if it's early game reasons? i dont, like, care that u were pushing me there in terms of what it means for ur alignment but im not just going to let that stuff slide
is your goal to help me read you or is it to ensure that no one else agrees with me about you?
i'm just making conversation
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 897, skitter30 wrote:
In post 889, scamper wrote:
no, i can't really
nvm then ig

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”