Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

wait what do you mean in , like scum!Datisi did the same thing in a past game so you're suspecting him for that? It's not clear what "I also have that from datisi" means

on DV - you taking about ? I haven't gotten to that post in context yet but I can see what you are saying, I could imagine coming from scum buddying/WKing a town!Datisi. I need more from DV in general though, I kinda liked as I had a similar reaction to that post reading it much later
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 925, GuiltyLion wrote:wait what do you mean in 922, like scum!Datisi did the same thing in a past game so you're suspecting him for that? It's not clear what "I also have that from datisi" means
scum!datisi played the same card with me in a past game where i caught him early for not being solvy. down to trying to prick me by deflating my ego.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:33 pm

he was repeating the point that he was bored which was hilarious when he reacted as if he was utterly frustrated.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ahhh

yeah I'm waffley on Datisi, I think if he's town it should eventually start showing through and if it doesn't I'm gonna be sus. I can't tell if the "I was reaction testing GL with my early game" idea is meant to pocket me or not because scum!Tisi probably thinks he's gotta project me being an important early read for him, yet I could also see him actually doing that as town. I'm looking forward to how his reads develop on you/Irrel and other slots suspecting him as I am hoping that will be useful
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:40 pm

anyone from my list you disagree with?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Ausuka - likely town
scamper - poe
Juice - waiting for arrival
Datisi - poe
humaneatingmonkey - town ofc
Aristeia - poe
Firebringer - pending to mid-game
Gamma Emerald - pending read on me
Nero Cain - poe
Eiralox - poe
fireisredsir - probably town
GuiltyLion - poe
VP Baltar - poe
marcistar - probably town
xofelf - likely town
skitter30 - likely town
Irrelephant11 - likely town
ydrasse - pending read on early game
Dunnstral - waiting
DeasVail - pending question on datisi townread
I think marci and xofelf should be in the poe still, skitter is a maybe for me - doesn't need to be poe tier but I'm not sold yet, Ydrasse I think I'm comfortably townreading for the first time ever maybe, when she's scum I often get the vibe that she's faking being carefree but here I actually truly believe it. I like a HEM/Ydra/Ausuka/Irrel town coalition for now, I feel best about those four overall I think. fireisred is nearly there but I'm eternally paranoid of them cause I don't have any sense of what they're capable of scum
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by T3 »

VC 1.5
Firebringer (5): Ydrasse, scamper, VP Baltar, Datisi, fireisredsir
Datisi (1): humaneatingmonkey
VP Baltar (1): Irrelephant11
Aristeia (1): Nero Cain
humaneatingmonkey (1): Aristeia
scamper (1): GuiltyLion
Nero Cain (1): DeasVail
skitter30 (1): Firebringer
GuiltyLion (1):skitter30
Not voting (7): Juice, Gamma Emerald, Eiralox, marcistar, xofelf, Dunnstral, Ausuka
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-08 20:36:00). With 20 alive, 11 is needed to lim and 10 to no lim.
Last edited by T3 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I'm kinda liking scamper a bit more now but want to be fully caught up before moving my vote - that FB wagon is tempting but I need to see to what degree FB's addressed it so far and evaluate how it's gotten here in full context
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 359, Ausuka wrote:
In post 318, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain

vibez
In post 326, DeasVail wrote:
In post 322, marcistar wrote:
In post 243, Nero Cain wrote:xofelf maybe bothers me a lil' b/c its all fluff and no content. I very vaugely remember playing with them before and scum reading them for similar reasoning. So maybe it's more of a NAI thing.
i agree with this read since og i was gonna come in and call soft elf scummy but it does seem pretty playstyle thing.
That quote is one of my issues with Nero. It's very wishy-washy and seems to be ignoring a very obvious next-step that could be used to determine whether that is AI for xofelf or not.
DV it seems like you have a case on Nero and I'm wondering why you seem, like, cautious about sharing it?
I didn’t have a case as much as scattered thoughts and a feeling that Nero didn’t seem like the town-Nero I knew. I also wanted to focus on Nero to start with because I’ve never played with Nero-scum and don’t actually know what that looks like. But yeah, I wanted more to sit on my thoughts than share all of them at the time.

The response to Marci was because Marci’s post seemed to be a response to mine by saying something they read as town from Nero.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 914, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 488, VP Baltar wrote:I think datisi is kind of making up reasons after the fact around his ari play,
specifically I want to ask about this

do you think is fake? that post felt the most likely to be genuine to me. I don't know if I could buy that scum!Tisi invented this sequence of events on the fly, he was rapidposting around then
I guess our difference is that I think datisi is very good at faking interactions. I'm not certain if that post is real or not, and I get why you'd consider it so, but I also think datisi cares a lot about winning as scum, even if he probs hates playing that alignment given his current RNG luck
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:53 pm

what do you think about my read on xofelf and marci. both based on how genuine and original they emotions are.

skitter's recent posts ping me in that i dont agree with them mainly that you are or should be the top suspect but i get that she only read like 5 pages lol
the only thing i have against fireisred is the weird fixation on the logistics of scum coordination when it should have been obvious what i was pointing out instead. if i squint really hard, it seems like something you only think about when you have a pt
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 858, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 839, DeasVail wrote:Datisi seemed less bothered by being suspected and more bothered by being misunderstood.
how did you make that distinction
That is what it felt like to me when I read through, but I will most likely update/explain my Datisi read during my tonight
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

im gonna learn to exude whatever im exuding here every single game from now on
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:59 pm

ydrasse are you comfortable to share more with me now
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 935, humaneatingmonkey wrote:the only thing i have against fireisred is the weird fixation on the logistics of scum coordination when it should have been obvious what i was pointing out instead. if i squint really hard, it seems like something you only think about when you have a pt
i still think that your point about that makes no sense tbh, but i believe that you believe it makes sense so i don't think it's very AI for you
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 521, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 326, DeasVail wrote:That quote is one of my issues with Nero. It's very wishy-washy and seems to be ignoring a very obvious next-step that could be used to determine whether that is AI for xofelf or not.
one of? Is there a reason that you are coming at me sideways instead of facing me head on? I'm hardly the first person to have conflicting reasoning on a slot and not doing a meta dive...what makes me unique in this situation? This seems overly nitpicky and a little hypocritical given that your intro is nothing but you agreeing with other people's reads and not giving any reasoning for your reads (me/datsi)

Also, elf claimed/confirmed that it wasn't AI in so ???
In post 362, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 199, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 187, xofelf wrote:Making my semi-yearly mafia appearance with a playerlist I'm pretty excited about.
While its great to hear from you it would have been much better if you talked about the first 8 pages.
You going to be this annoying all game or just play mafia?
I think calling out xoelf for fluff posting in lieu of content is a fairly productive use of a post. Like is there a reason that I shouldn't have been :igmeou: @ a contentless fluff poster?
In post 399, VP Baltar wrote:Mostly because Nero hadn't done anything out of normal range there
What do you know of my range? As far as I'm aware we've only played once and I was town there. So if you've only seen me play town how can you question Ausuka's town read on the basis of range when you don't know what it is? If you think I am playing differently than our game together why not say that?
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:Your whole line of reasoning is that FB scum would claim scum as a rouse, correct?
more or less. Like I might be overcompensating for Infernal Affairs where he said things like

not voting me is a scum claim.

im clearly scum here. don't u slander me

The reason that I started to scum read him is that he was calling for votes on himself.

but if you read his ISO in the two games it's maybe not an apples to apples comparison. Like in IA he had a series of posts before ever calling himself scum and here he just comes right out and claims scum. Maybe the difference means nothing, maybe it means that he's more likely to be town here.

I was also a little suspicious of
In post 254, Firebringer wrote:
In post 240, Nero Cain wrote:so far VP, Ari, FB and maaaaayyybbbbeeee HEM seem a lil scummy. I like GL's stuff on scamper too.
HEM Is my only townread right now. How dare you
Like I really thought VP and Ari were scummy and when FB town reads the towniest of those 3 it made me :igmeou:
Only responding to the part of your post directed at me, but I’m not sure what’s so sideways about it. I think it’s a pretty normal thing in the early game to have a feeling about someone but not feel ready to fully articulate it.

Your comment on it being hypocritical does not really make sense to me because you’re just pointing out a different “bad” thing that I was doing which didn’t really seem relevant. Almost like responding to an insult in the schoolyard style “WELL your mom is…”. But I’m not really sure what that means for alignment.

I am interested in your lack of engagement with xofelf on their read of me though (or engagement with xofelf in general), given your earlier issue with their “fluff” and your interest in reads on me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@HEM - I dunno if I've caught up yet on where you expressed those reads on xofelf/marci, looking at your ISO I could buy the reasoning on xofelf but need to look at whatever marci is posting in the 700s

one pattern I've noticed with Datisi is he seems to be using suspicion on him to pressure/sort marci (), scamper, () and fire (), I am wondering if this is some kind of defense gambit to preemptively scare people off wagoning him or a genuine push for reads. To me it feels more likely to be the latter, but I am definitely biased as my heart wants Datisi to be town. What do you think?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 938, humaneatingmonkey wrote:ydrasse are you comfortable to share more with me now
sure why not

i was wondering if the way you were interacting with people early on was sort of a wolfy diplomat approach i.e. interest in forging connections rather than interest in solving as a whole and working from there and it seemed to me you felt very anxious about knowing what exactly i was judging you off of so that you could fit into whatever arbitrary category i had in mind that woul be 'towny'

youre not in my bottom tier right now because ive seen like. your solving feels more natural than uh. panic room.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 923, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what did you think about deasveal's assumption on what's going on datisi's head. he seemed really confident.
Assumptions about what is going on in someone’s head is… kind of the basis of mafia dayplay imo
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 721, Datisi wrote:
In post 717, Ausuka wrote:
In post 711, Datisi wrote:going from / into felt way too easy

i was originally gonna ask baltar why he's voting firebringer, but after giving it a few more seconds of thought, i realized i don't like that progression, actually
I don't really get it? I don't even think that's a progression?
"datisi, i think it's sus you're asking me about my read on yourself rather than someone else" into "ohh, well it won't take me long to get a read on you i think" is kinda. idk it's weird. because the first part says i'm scummy for it, but in the second part, he both accepts my explanation as valid (at least that's what it sounds like) and doesn't give an updated read on me now that he's learned that. like i feel like that sorta "omission" is more likely to come from scum who never actually cared about my alignment and who's more interested in how i'm reading him than showing me how he's reading me - especially as the latter was what prompted our convo in the first place

obviously this is not very strong, but it is a ping and also i like wagons

kinda interested in what @baltar saw there, though
this is a Good Post
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:08 pm

In post 943, DeasVail wrote:
In post 923, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what did you think about deasveal's assumption on what's going on datisi's head. he seemed really confident.
Assumptions about what is going on in someone’s head is… kind of the basis of mafia dayplay imo
both of you townread datisi that's why i brought it up
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:09 pm

In post 941, GuiltyLion wrote:I am wondering if this is some kind of defense gambit to preemptively scare people off wagoning him or a genuine push for reads. To me it feels more likely to be the latter, but I am definitely biased as my heart wants Datisi to be town. What do you think?
i can read it both ways, which means i dont think it's very telling
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

that is a town!datisi tendency, so if he's doing it as scum then it's likely meant to imitate that
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I like and agree with relly’s townread on xofelf
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I also agree with the (seemingly) commonly held townreads of Ydrasse and Ausuka. Also fireisred leans town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”