Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Actually stronger town on fireisred. As scum, they would probably put up more of an act around being suspicious of me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 854, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 851, scamper wrote:
In post 845, fireisredsir wrote:deas town nice let's go
y is that post townie?
the previous time i played with deas (as t/t) we mindmelded so much that i eventually got paranoid he could be pocketing me (partly thanks to FL encouraging that paranoia, but still)

and his post was pretty close to my thought process when i saw that post from ari, but i also hadn't said it in the thread. the read from her felt kinda rote/obligatory and didn't feel like it really looked deeper at trying to figure out datisi's alignment. and i hadn't really (even mentally) put words to why i felt that, but deas' post i think more or less captured it. i understand that isn't gonna do anything for anyone else but for me it results in a townread

but even beyond that, it's also just a p nuanced view of things that shows he's reading closely and thinking carefully about the posts he's reading, and imo the fact that he felt compelled to post about it before doing his main thoughts/catchup just feels like a towny kind of "this is a point that i actually care about" type thing. that on its own might merit just a slight townlean, bc he could fake that, but it was more the fact that i really vibed with the thought that made it stronger
HEM now that I'm reading it in context and paying closer attention to what DV was saying, I agree with this take. I don't think DV was projecting Datisi mindset as a means of pocket or WKing but was rather pursuing an Ari sort/read and making a novel and compelling callout. I think especially if I consider it in context of Datisi not really having a lot of thread pressure on him / seeming more comfortable as well, I wasn't really sure if there was a lot of votes/suspicion on Datisi at this stage or anything in which case this would be more convenient timing for that pop in
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

is good from skitter I think

I feel I have a better hold on the game now and can agree with xofelf / marci reads

I have a feeling Gamma and FB were both kinda awkward in those early 30 pages too, like surface level commentary in the middle of deeper conversation from other players that felt much more fruitful and interesting that they're not commenting on or engaging with
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 703, Firebringer wrote:
In post 702, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 698, skitter30 wrote:Ok sooooooooo joining this *may* have been a mistake ...
I might be able to catch up tonight but i'm not sure
I'll whiteknight anyone trying to elim you before D3 and you can just sheep Ydrasse or Ausuka until D3, there problem solved
think you mistyped that you will white knight skitter.
Lets do it

VOTE: Skitter
I'm generally not liking that FB's vote never moved on from here. At the time when first reading I didn't like the vote or the timing of it on a gut level, but I was a bit hesitant because it felt like he had just recently re-entered the thread and wasn't caught up (), so I could imagine FB just having a laugh and trying to interact with people in real time instead of needing to look back for content and reads and a vote. But then when he was consistently present but continued not really touching on anything interesting or substantial for the next couple hundred posts, it makes this stand out more as a lazy/bad vote

Fire I can understand if you're busy but can you at least try to take your vote more seriously than this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Firebringer
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hello
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Irrelephant
I wanna know your take on 600+ post onward Datisi, if your scumread is still strong there, what you think of Datisi's reasoning for his vote on Fire
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 912, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 908, GuiltyLion wrote:@skitter tbh I will cop I ate an edible
also just gotta say this is NOT any attempt at a crumb, at no point in the future am I going to claim this was a cop crumb or that this has anything to do with my role, I just used a stupid choice of word

reminds me of a game when I said someone's case was not "bulletproof" :facepalm:
one time on my homesite someone said "close to the vest" and everyone took it as a BP crumb :lol:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My scumreads: Skitter30 and Ydrasse
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 952, GuiltyLion wrote: is good from skitter I think

I feel I have a better hold on the game now and can agree with xofelf / marci reads

I have a feeling Gamma and FB were both kinda awkward in those early 30 pages too, like surface level commentary in the middle of deeper conversation from other players that felt much more fruitful and interesting that they're not commenting on or engaging with
I'm kinda auxiliary to this game rn, maybe in a bit I'll be more involved at which point maybe this vibe will change
that or I'll just get stuck in the same pot bunker I was in during my time in Eurybia's Curse
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a pot bunker sounds like it would be loads of fun
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mean it in the sense of golf
(I've been watching a lot of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour speedruns lately)
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sure ya did.

*puff puff*
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 940, DeasVail wrote:Only responding to the part of your post directed at me
then learn how to edit better.
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:but I’m not sure what’s so sideways about it.
Well, in you are calling your scumread on me some ~vibez~ bullshit but are presenting a semblance of reasoning in going so far as to allude to having OTHER issues with me but you aren't presenting these reasons for ??? reason?
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:I think it’s a pretty normal thing in the early game to have a feeling about someone but not feel ready to fully articulate it.
I doubt this and even if this were true for some players it's an easy out to make as scum.

but it's super easy, barely an inconvenience! You just simply quote the offending post and then write a sentence or two about why you find it scummy. Takes less than a minute if you aren't manufacturing things.
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:I am interested in your lack of engagement with xofelf on their read of me though
???

So I called elf out, why do I have to continue to push them or engage? Elf already commented on you in . I mean, maybe if they don't fulfill their obligations I'll come back and but out of good faith I'm assuming they'll be back to comment on it at some point so why should I be badgering them about it? Its almost like you aren't really paying attention to the thread.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 932, GuiltyLion wrote:that FB wagon is tempting but I need to see to what degree FB's addressed it so far and evaluate how it's gotten here in full context
the context is im claiming scum.
also dats has some decent reasoning. Probably the best so far on me. Should read dats reasoning
i think nero had a few posts he didn't like or something
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 958, Dunnstral wrote:My scumreads: Skitter30 and Ydrasse
Bold move by Dunnstral, lets see how it plays out
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 953, GuiltyLion wrote:so I could imagine FB just having a laugh and trying to interact with people in real time instead of needing to look back for content and reads and a vote. But then when he was consistently present but continued not really touching on anything interesting or substantial for the next couple hundred posts, it makes this stand out more as a lazy/bad vote
mate ive been working 14+ hour days.
i get to be lazy in a game.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Firebringer »

im kind of surprised i get more heat for voting skitter than claiming scum a dozen or so times.
I am gonna have to write this down for future reference.
Show

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 963, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:Only responding to the part of your post directed at me
then learn how to edit better.
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:but I’m not sure what’s so sideways about it.
Well, in you are calling your scumread on me some ~vibez~ bullshit but are presenting a semblance of reasoning in going so far as to allude to having OTHER issues with me but you aren't presenting these reasons for ??? reason?
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:I think it’s a pretty normal thing in the early game to have a feeling about someone but not feel ready to fully articulate it.
I doubt this and even if this were true for some players it's an easy out to make as scum.

but it's super easy, barely an inconvenience! You just simply quote the offending post and then write a sentence or two about why you find it scummy. Takes less than a minute if you aren't manufacturing things.
In post 940, DeasVail wrote:I am interested in your lack of engagement with xofelf on their read of me though
???

So I called elf out, why do I have to continue to push them or engage? Elf already commented on you in . I mean, maybe if they don't fulfill their obligations I'll come back and but out of good faith I'm assuming they'll be back to comment on it at some point so why should I be badgering them about it? Its almost like you aren't really paying attention to the thread.
For me reads are more effort as town because they actually matter.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Nero, you seem quite bothered by my posts. Do you think I’m scum?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 951, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 854, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 851, scamper wrote:
In post 845, fireisredsir wrote:deas town nice let's go
y is that post townie?
the previous time i played with deas (as t/t) we mindmelded so much that i eventually got paranoid he could be pocketing me (partly thanks to FL encouraging that paranoia, but still)

and his post was pretty close to my thought process when i saw that post from ari, but i also hadn't said it in the thread. the read from her felt kinda rote/obligatory and didn't feel like it really looked deeper at trying to figure out datisi's alignment. and i hadn't really (even mentally) put words to why i felt that, but deas' post i think more or less captured it. i understand that isn't gonna do anything for anyone else but for me it results in a townread

but even beyond that, it's also just a p nuanced view of things that shows he's reading closely and thinking carefully about the posts he's reading, and imo the fact that he felt compelled to post about it before doing his main thoughts/catchup just feels like a towny kind of "this is a point that i actually care about" type thing. that on its own might merit just a slight townlean, bc he could fake that, but it was more the fact that i really vibed with the thought that made it stronger
HEM now that I'm reading it in context and paying closer attention to what DV was saying, I agree with this take. I don't think DV was projecting Datisi mindset as a means of pocket or WKing but was rather pursuing an Ari sort/read and making a novel and compelling callout. I think especially if I consider it in context of Datisi not really having a lot of thread pressure on him / seeming more comfortable as well, I wasn't really sure if there was a lot of votes/suspicion on Datisi at this stage or anything in which case this would be more convenient timing for that pop in
This would be a very narrow thing to base a read of me on though. Fireisred gets away with it because of our previous game, but you seem to be, I suppose, dismissing the read on me rather than actually trying to sort me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

probably, yes

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 971, Nero Cain wrote:probably, yes
Cool

UNVOTE:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

????

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Thats interesting
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”