Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1676, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1667, Nero Cain wrote:What's that again?
I haven't been able to locate the primary source. My interpretation:

If a
known
shitposter shitposts and doesn't try to convince anyone they're town then they're probably town.
Why is it called the Luca Blight tell?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

supposedly b/c its a tell that was either used by or used to catch Luca Blight
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by marcistar »

am i a shitposter T_T
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

do you identify as one?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by marcistar »

no
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

then u aren't

obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by obscure »

(fyi, i don't expect everyone to read all these, but it's helpful both for me to be able to mentally sort the game and so i can get my thoughts out there for everyone to read, and even to agree or disagree with based on people who read much more than i did)

page 11-15

still like Ausuka a lot, the way they're challenging people with "why am i town?" feels like they're trying to figure people out and figure out if they're being read authentically, then their probing of datisi ignoring their actual concerns in p#274 reads as townie.

post#285 is reading as townie to me from aristeia.

at this point i'm also emphasizing that i like and dislike a lot of the same people even more.

deasvail entrance is kind of :/. i don't know if i'm warped in my view by their post about me, but it feels less townie than datisi's?

though i do note the next page, two of my scumleans (deasvail/ydresse) both vote firebringer, my other scumlean. so i know that those 3 are likely all not together but that's hard to figure out right now anyway.

lean town:
fireisredsir, scamper, humanmonkey, nero cain, guilty lion, datisi, ausuka, aristeia

lean mafia:
ydresse, firebringer, deasvail

two questions i have, sorry if they're dumb

-do we know how many mafia there are? i read the rules post but didn't see anything about that

-how often should we be voting for our scumreads? is it better to just vote when we have the read or just vote once overall?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald this is a scum slot I think
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:HEMs early stuff I thought town and also VP but a few things struck me as off from both and I would like to look back properly at both.
I don't particularly think FB is town but I can wait for him to kick into gear for now and he's done enough that I am not auto scumreading so I don't want to vote there right now.
I am interested in seeing more of Xof's iso dives to see what kind of content is there
I will look at some stuff in the morning. I'm trying to just chuck down rough notes so I don't have to start fresh so I appreciate this is a bit halfhazard.
I don't like how cagey this feels and I don't like the excuses for:
  • *Not expanding on the VP and HEM reads
    *Posting in order to use the thread as a notepad
At this rate I'll say there's probably a scum in Gamma, xo, Conman
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1724, Nero Cain wrote:Why isn't Gamma pushing me based on tone yet?
OHOHOHO!
I’m not pushing you on tone because that’s a lie you deluded yourself into thinking is true, that I tone read you and am always wrong on it! In addition, I did not scumread you the past 6 straight games we’ve played, I actually solved you as town in mini 2238 before you pushed me out.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1695, obscure wrote:ngl, dannflor feels kind of townie to me on this past page,
but
i opened up the ISO of the slot before them (which was Eira apparently?) - before subbing in, just when i thought i may sub into that person - it was the only one i looked at - and i thought they were scummy so i'm a bit hesitant there.

okay starting to read the game, Post# (question: is there a way to link these?) i feel like is believable from fire.. i'm reading them as like the opposite of me, which, i have friends in my group irl who are like this and so i can see it as legitimate. i'm liking the energy of some people in early game, but there's sort of a bar/standard to weigh in "is this happy energy because they like being town like me" or not - so, i don't fully feel like i can regard it with a ton of weight.

i'm getting town feelings from Post# from scamper, because i feel like mafia doesn't have "gut feelings" obviously, as they know the answers, so someone saying they have a gut feeling must be either inherently townie or mafia pretending to be townie. this post makes me feel like scamper isn't mafia pretending to be townie specifically because it's not just a post on a gut feeling, it's a second conclusion from that gut in a way that makes me feel like the gut feeling was real.

similarly i'm really liking how humaneatingmonkey is getting into the game right away on P# by thinking of the game as teams and making associatives/connections as a whole - they seem solvey in an exploratory way.

Post# sounds a little manipulative/overly-knowledgeable to me from Ydresse - mostly because it's not framing something as a townie read, it's a direct "this is why you're town" that feels framed in an intentional way.

i've read 7 pages, i'm great =p my townreads so far are fire, scamper, humanmonkey. slight scumlean on ydresse, but not confident.
use the post tag with the number, no pound sign inside the tag. i edited ur post in the quote as an example
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1718, Nero Cain wrote:what do you want me to call it then?
SSS (standardized survey start)
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by obscure »

In post 1732, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald this is a scum slot I think
In post 1714, ConManMick wrote:HEMs early stuff I thought town and also VP but a few things struck me as off from both and I would like to look back properly at both.
I don't particularly think FB is town but I can wait for him to kick into gear for now and he's done enough that I am not auto scumreading so I don't want to vote there right now.
I am interested in seeing more of Xof's iso dives to see what kind of content is there
I will look at some stuff in the morning. I'm trying to just chuck down rough notes so I don't have to start fresh so I appreciate this is a bit halfhazard.
to comment on this,

I saw conman was also a substitute. I feel like I'm doing the same thing? i agree that it's actually helpful when you're coming into the game so late because everything is kind of inflated. so i'm a townie and i sympathize with it, at least, not sure how much of an alignment tell.

i considered just keeping notes on a document first, but if something happens and i die, i want to be able to have my thoughts out there, and humanmonkey mentioned on the last page it's better to just spew all my thoughts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1732, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald this is a scum slot I think
lmao I was thinking you are scum here from your xof read
<Embrace The Void>

obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by obscure »

Post1736
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by obscure »

In post 1734, scamper wrote:
In post 1695, obscure wrote:ngl, dannflor feels kind of townie to me on this past page,
but
i opened up the ISO of the slot before them (which was Eira apparently?) - before subbing in, just when i thought i may sub into that person - it was the only one i looked at - and i thought they were scummy so i'm a bit hesitant there.

okay starting to read the game, Post# (question: is there a way to link these?) i feel like is believable from fire.. i'm reading them as like the opposite of me, which, i have friends in my group irl who are like this and so i can see it as legitimate. i'm liking the energy of some people in early game, but there's sort of a bar/standard to weigh in "is this happy energy because they like being town like me" or not - so, i don't fully feel like i can regard it with a ton of weight.

i'm getting town feelings from Post# from scamper, because i feel like mafia doesn't have "gut feelings" obviously, as they know the answers, so someone saying they have a gut feeling must be either inherently townie or mafia pretending to be townie. this post makes me feel like scamper isn't mafia pretending to be townie specifically because it's not just a post on a gut feeling, it's a second conclusion from that gut in a way that makes me feel like the gut feeling was real.

similarly i'm really liking how humaneatingmonkey is getting into the game right away on P# by thinking of the game as teams and making associatives/connections as a whole - they seem solvey in an exploratory way.

Post# sounds a little manipulative/overly-knowledgeable to me from Ydresse - mostly because it's not framing something as a townie read, it's a direct "this is why you're town" that feels framed in an intentional way.

i've read 7 pages, i'm great =p my townreads so far are fire, scamper, humanmonkey. slight scumlean on ydresse, but not confident.
use the post tag with the number, no pound sign inside the tag. i edited ur post in the quote as an example
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by obscure »

okay got it now, thank you!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1731, obscure wrote:-do we know how many mafia there are? i read the rules post but didn't see anything about that

-how often should we be voting for our scumreads? is it better to just vote when we have the read or just vote once overall?
we don't KNOW but 4 scum in a 20-player is usually the standard rate. 5 is not impossible but 4 in 20 is pretty standard.

I think you should always be useful with your vote but like vanity voting your scumread is usally a waste of time and you'll have to consolidate at some point

ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 1709, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1627, ConManMick wrote:-snip-
your response to scamper felt rather unshaken when I felt it would make more sense to be a bit rattled so I was curious if you would call that your normal method of response
Why would you expect that sort of response? Or from whom would you expect a skittish response?
Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald this is a scum slot I think
Vote me then.
This is forum Mafia, the whole thing is a notepad.
What's cagey about it?
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The main thing I know about you is that you drunkpost
Given that I’m not expecting the most composed thoughts
I guess that’s kinda rude of me to assume such a thing
<Embrace The Void>

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1736, obscure wrote:
to comment on this,

I saw conman was also a substitute. I feel like I'm doing the same thing? i agree that it's actually helpful when you're coming into the game so late because everything is kind of inflated. so i'm a townie and i sympathize with it, at least, not sure how much of an alignment tell.

i considered just keeping notes on a document first, but if something happens and i die, i want to be able to have my thoughts out there, and humanmonkey mentioned on the last page it's better to just spew all my thoughts.
Okay. I think you're Town because I think your posts require better acting to write than ConManMick's, and I think ConManMick is writing in a way which makes it easy for them to double back on later. Is that helpful?
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by obscure »

page 16-20

OH okay i saw all these people townreading HEM and didn't realize it was humanmonkey, this makes sense now, they're also one of my top townies =p

HAHA i like . the observation anyway i'm in agree with ausuka that elephant seems pretty town.

Gamma calling me and HEM scummy in feels weird to me. i acknowledge i'm probably biased, but i'm pretty sure i would've read skitter's posts as townie anyway, and HEM is one of the most townie people by far. scamper is also among my top towns for something i noted before, so their whole group of scumreads feels bad, and like, i'm not seeing their perspective at all, which could mean they're mafia.

lean town:
fireisredsir, scamper, humanmonkey, nero cain, guilty lion, datisi, ausuka, aristeia, elephant

lean mafia:
ydresse, firebringer, deasvail, gamma

i have to go for the night now, but from what i saw we have a week or so, the pages are short enough i'll probably just be able to catch up =p if anyone has any questions or anything they particularlyy want me to look at tomorrow/before day ends, let me know!
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by obscure »

In post 1744, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1736, obscure wrote:
to comment on this,

Okay. I think you're Town because I think your posts require better acting to write than ConManMick's, and I think ConManMick is writing in a way which makes it easy for them to double back on later. Is that helpful?
that there's some nuance behind it? i think so. i don't even have an in-depth opinion on them yet, it was more-so that particular observation that jumped out at me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1745, obscure wrote: Gamma calling me and HEM scummy in feels weird to me. i acknowledge i'm probably biased, but i'm pretty sure i would've read skitter's posts as townie anyway, and HEM is one of the most townie people by far. scamper is also among my top towns for something i noted before, so their whole group of scumreads feels bad, and like, i'm not seeing their perspective at all, which could mean they're mafia.
This feels like a hokey attempt to cloak an OMGUS read
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I also see Frog and obscure being pally, kinda makes me think I’m onto something
VOTE: Frogsterking
I’ll go here first because I think there’s better traction here
<Embrace The Void>

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

obscure i like your style you should stick around and play more games here

also beware of people saying things like this bc they might be trying to pocket you. i am not however, as i am town :>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”