Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2375, scamper wrote:
In post 2370, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: gamma emerald
Fuck this game.
can u not
I feel like a lot of the push against me is in bad faith so I kinda think flipping me would be good to force everyone on me to cover their asses for it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2374, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like you should know I am easily distracted and thus the lurking push does not feel like it has honest motives
I also think your point about “you’re playing like me” feels like a lazy read. I would expect you to attempt to parse what is causing me to feel like that, but instead you’re leaping to calling it scummy.
does not feel like honest motives?!?!? you know what else does not feel like honest motives?!?! ur iso.
i have NEVER seen you this "distracted" i feel as if ur just making excuses so that you can prey on everyone elses pity.
im not trying to "sus u for playing like me" im just making a statement that it reminds me of me?? why are you so on edge and taking everything as a hate on you@??!?!
also when have i ever been able to actuqlly read you? that feels like a bs point since uve seen me make a "bad push on you" before, why are you expecting im suddenly so much better?? what if i learnt no lesson, you're just trying to get me off ur ass.
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2340, humaneatingmonkey wrote:ConManMick, I meant to follow up with another question but I think you missed the first one.

I asked you why you voted Ari because i think it's a bit suspicious when you could have wagoned the eira slot which you scumread and also who dann replaced
you followed it up with an "iso" on dann that i thought didn't make a bit of sense and the conclusion that dann was town and a bad wagon came out of nowhere. i wanted you to expound on that.
hm

VOTE: conman
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

idfk marci
Either you’re town making a shit-awful push because you don’t know how to play better or you’re scum hiding behind seemingly bad play. But you’re starting to legitimately piss me off here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t feel as betrayed by the lurking push rn but there’s definitely an off vibe from marci still
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by marcistar »

can i ask u a question gamma

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Go wild.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m waiting.
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by marcistar »

sorry im at work

anyways

why are you so pressed if ur not scum?

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by marcistar »

thats a joke i have an actual question

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2381, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t feel as betrayed by the lurking push rn but there’s definitely an off vibe from marci still
why does it feel like someone told u to backdown :dead:

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2387, marcistar wrote:
In post 2381, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t feel as betrayed by the lurking push rn but there’s definitely an off vibe from marci still
why does it feel like someone told u to backdown :dead:
I looked back over our logs and realized I never told you about my Calamity playthrough
So I had no real reason to expect you to know exactly what I was doing
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

what is your calamity playthrough?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hi all, just read up but I have friends coming over shortly and I don't have as much time as I'd like to post about things in depth. I might be able to come back to this game tonight once they leave but tbh not sure how late that will be / how tired I will be.

I have a lot of thoughts/replies to VPB's case (no surprises there) but want to collect my thoughts and post when I can properly do them justice

I don't think Gamma is scummy at all - this feels fairly in line with her towngame and I think with how she's treated marci specifically (initially slightly protective of her -> evolving into disliking/suspecting her) feels more likely to be a town progression given my understanding of their friendship

I still don't have a reason to TR marci and kinda feels like she's intentionally trying to rile up Gamma here

what I liked about CMM is his aggressiveness/hostility towards slots voting him. like he doesn't seem afraid at all to pick fights, could certainly be scum bravado but my gut reaction feels it's authentic townie

still pleased with a Dann vote, I know he got annoyed with being accused of being surface level but I still kinda feel all of his analysis of the game has felt a bit forced/unnatural and not fitting a more nuanced vibe I've felt from him in our past town games together
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by scamper »

Spoiler:
In post 2324, VP Baltar wrote:I'm finding it pretty hard to be invested in this game because of the long weekend in the US, but I'm going to raise a few points about GuiltyLion that kind of bug me. This is far from a comprehensive analysis of his ISO, but I need to force myself to be involved here otherwise I'll just end up not logging in all weekend.

I'll say I started off the game kind of being OK with GL. I didn't mind his pushes on scamper and FB, and I could at least understand where he was coming from there. But as the game has progressed, I've found the things he's pushing to be quite nonsensical and filled with busy work.

As an example:
In post 1409, GuiltyLion wrote:like specifically, he's the one who brought up the idea of a shitfight with Nero to begin with. Then when Nero was like "actually why aren't you fighting with me", his response was "cause that's what I would do if I were scum, and I'm not scum". idk if I'm effectively communicating the point, but it just feels like comments weren't meant to do anything other than imply that his play is town
This is such a nonsense point he is trying to even make. The person who got freaking OUTRAGED that I asked a clarifying question about who he was referring to ( is around the end of this argument for those who need refreshing) is trying to use a clear joke as a shade point against me. It just doesn't make sense when he thinks its so fake for me to not understand him, but then he can't comprehend jokes. Give me a fucking break. He's either town who is way over committed to a scum!VP worldview and is trying to score cheap points, or he's scum. I have a hard time believing the former considering I had to goad him about not actually being willing to vote me without cover of a wagon.

In post 2034, GuiltyLion wrote:i'm not personally really townreading but a number of my townreads are and I'm currently ok with that: {dv, marci, xofelf}

would yeet: {dann, conman, firebringer, vpb}
This is an absolute trash reads list, imo. DV looks pretty town to me this game. Marci seems pretty townie, though she's opaque sometimes. xofelf is probably null to town lean for me. Dann and conman I've talked about already. FB did look scummy to me early on, so I can agree there. And I'm town.

So like, where's the beef in this reads list? Unless I'm so dead wrong on my reads at the start of this game, I have trouble seeing how people see this list from GL as credibly a good take from someone who has been HIGHLY engaged with the game so far.

In post 2050, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2046, fireisredsir wrote:i think this could be following the same trajectory as turing test here where i kinda lowkey scumread GL for most of d1 and then it gets to eod and he summarizes his reads and oops turns out we agree on almost everything maybe he's just town
can you give me like the top liner for why you're voting CMM instead of Dann? I'm considering switching but kinda want to see what Dann does on return
And the last thing that really bugs me about GL is the constant looking for cover from other players. I've made this point already, and GL says "well I do this as town"...which means absolutely nothing. That's an easy meta thing to exploit and duplicate as scum so you take no responsibility for anything that happens.

The extremely hedgy "I'm considering switching" just reads like he's testing the waters with fire here to see what they think before actually making a move. It's gross and doesn't have town vibes to me.

In that situation, if I'm actually unsure of what to do, I might ask a more direct question, like: "Hey fire, I think CMM is scummy for XYZ, but I'm unsure if I'm over analyzing that. I"d like your opinion." Instead, we get a trial balloon floated.

Datisi, I'd be curious to hear what you find townie about GL since you said that's your read there. What am I missing?
In post 2330, VP Baltar wrote:TLDR on GL:

-Shading and making pedantic arguments with people that aren't scumhunting. Evil intentions!
- Readlist stinks to high heaven.
- Too afraid to live his own life. Wants excuses in the future when he's on a misyeet D1.
i dont want to feel like this is getting glossed over, but im really not sure any of this adds up to being scum...at most i get that u disagree with his reads and the language hes using, but i feel like even that is selective because ive felt in a few paces like hes been genuinely solcing. its really kind of a vibe read so not that high confidence but i dont feel like limming gl
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2377, marcistar wrote:why are you so on edge and taking everything as a hate on you@??!?!
on this specifically, do you really think this is out of character for Gamma? like I have experienced Gamma Taking Things Personally and Being On Edge when town before, it strikes me as a lot more personality indicative than alignment inidicative and given that you've hydra'd with Gamma several times before I'm struggling to see a good faith interpretation for this question
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2390, GuiltyLion wrote:what I liked about CMM is his aggressiveness/hostility towards slots voting him. like he doesn't seem afraid at all to pick fights, could certainly be scum bravado but my gut reaction feels it's authentic townie
who is he being hostile toward?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

GuiltyLion...is the conman townread a recent thing?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Spoiler: examples of ConMan aggression
In post 1742, ConManMick wrote:Vote me then.
This is forum Mafia, the whole thing is a notepad.
What's cagey about it?
In post 2181, ConManMick wrote:I'm not up to date yet but look at the naked votes and the bullshit "X, tell me why I should vote for Y?" Followed by immediate "ok!" Votes tomorrow, and the egos who think they're beyond being elimmed
In post 2184, ConManMick wrote:I can't remember who said about only having mentioned three townreads but like
There's twenty people or whatever here
I'm not gonna go around like the town toothfairy and dole out wee gold stars for everyone
If I haven't mentioned them then I haven't got to them, I'll look if I'm asked or I get there

Pedit yeah maybe it wasn't a nice way to say it but all that shit you have to say about your fantastic leading games from the back of your own wagon just rubs me the wrong way
In post 2242, ConManMick wrote:And like, it's a large game, you can afford to lose me as town if it makes catching scum easier, so idk what vibe you want to give off with that "talk shit get limmed" stuff, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots

wrt you other question - it's fairly recent given his prior two bouts of posting, I suggested I wasn't interested in voting him anymore in in response to scamper's
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

can we just kill someone already? mon this game is a borefest
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

maybe not.

UNVOTE: Gamma
VOTE: Dannflor

back to here.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2392, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2377, marcistar wrote:why are you so on edge and taking everything as a hate on you@??!?!
on this specifically, do you really think this is out of character for Gamma? like I have experienced Gamma Taking Things Personally and Being On Edge when town before, it strikes me as a lot more personality indicative than alignment inidicative and given that you've hydra'd with Gamma several times before I'm struggling to see a good faith interpretation for this question
oh look its gammas scumbuddy zz ez game

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

that's quite an underwhelming response to my question

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”