Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:12 am

Post by DeltaWave »

the whole "this fakeclaim is too elaborate for me to come up with" thing really sticks with me. for one, it's not. secondly, it's actually a good fakeclaim because it gets a "no result" on both townies (PR or vanilla) and mafia PRs, so there's plausible deniability with results.

i'm not saying "yeah greeting is 100% scum" but i'm concerned by the overall pattern here. and i really do not support the idea that greeting is "town cleared" so they don't have to provide reads and they can't be sussed
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count 2.4Not Known 15 (3): Klick, Ausuka, BlueBloodedToffee
Eiralox (3): Mapuche Never Die, Greeting, Nero Cain
BlueBloodedToffee (1): Frogsterking

Not Voting: DeltaWave, Not Known 15, Eiralox

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-09-07 00:40:00)

Mod Notes:
Have a nice day everyone
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1495, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1469, Greeting wrote:
In post 1468, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1466, Greeting wrote:
In post 1451, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Greeting

I want to test the claim.
Is voting to eliminate an uncc'd PR wise?
there are several things i dislike about this reply
Like what?
alright. where do i start, because there's a lot.

1. the overall self-preservation tone of this post
2. your argument relies solely on the fact that you haven't been counter-claimed instead of anything of any real substance
3. feels like there's potentially some fishing for a counter-claim
4. your post 1068 - "I consider myself to be a rather intelligent person, but I'm not smart enough to make such a sophisticated fake claim, honestly. I would need to have someone from my team invent it for me (10% effort) and then successfully convince me to use it (90% effort), which overall makes it highly improbable." this lengthy explanation as to how you could never ever come up with such an elaborate fakeclaim raises my eyebrows. you echoed the same sentiment in 1246, where you say that you are "town cleared" because of your "very unlikely to fake claim."
5. you refused to provide a reads list in 1258 and said you would if you survive to d3. again, more self-preservation stuff that doesn't actually assist scumhunting
6. your claim hasn't actually confirmed anything because crescent died at night.
7. your post 1260 - "My guess is that there are no more Mafia Goons in this game and so my role isn't a threat to the mafia anymore." it feels like you're setting yourself up to get no-reads later on. the type of cop you claimed would get "no result" on a townie or a mafia PR, so you could conceivably report "no result" every night without repercussions.
8. if your current operating theory is that your power is not a threat to mafia, the "you can't lim me because nobody counter-claimed me" argument becomes way weaker.
9. you seem to assume that a day lim is the only way to lim you, since apparently you value getting through the day over actually providing scumreads (see point 5, and well a whole bunch of other points too.)

what it boils down to is that you've largely been doing self-preservation stuff and resting on the "no counterclaim" argument as if that's open and shut, which it really isn't

i feel like if you really were a cop you'd be doing the best you can to participate as much as you can, since you are an obvious NK target. this is in contrast to point 5 above, where you said you'd only provide a list of reads if you're alive in d3.

p-edit: Im fine with BBT today
1. Obviously, I'd rather not die when I have a PR, and, even worse, not die by being voted out by my own team.
2. That is, in my opinion, enough.
3. No, there isn't.
4. It's true, and if you don't believe that, that's on you.
5. Fair, but that has nothing to do with the post in question ().
6. That's true, but it's not my fault, and I could not have seen
Crescent
getting rigged regardless of whether I'm town or mafia.
7. That's your choice of interpretation of this post.
8. It's not really an assumption, I really don't know why I wasn't killed off tonight, and this is one possible explanation.
9. No... I don't?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Greeting, were you calling MND scum in ?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1484, Mapuche Never Die wrote:Nero is saying questionable reasons for scumreading Eiralox, I still scumread Eiralox
Are you a Robbnva alt? :shifty:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1503, Nero Cain wrote:Greeting, were you calling MND scum in ?
I wasn't calling him scum, but that post raised an eyebrow for me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

It was a bit dumb (his post not yours) yeah

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Greeting »

And yes, I agree that I haven't been doing much for most of today.

Two reasons for that:

- I have already decided on today's elimination choice, elaborated on it and feel like the rest of the day is just wasted time really;
- I kinda lost motivation for this game when I was forced to claim, because now I feel like there's no mystery surrounding my slot and my fate is sealed.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

so are you going to provide reads or are you just gonna coast

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

we are just coasting. I have like o interest in flipping Greeting today.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Delta not voting is yuck

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

i'm not saying flip Greeting today. i'm saying that "i claimed and nobody counterclaimed so i'm cleared town and i don't have to contribute and you can't sus me" isn't an argument.

VOTE: BBT

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

until we find out more about the setup I think Greeting is off the table.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

aughhh i'm not saying that greeting should be ON the table right now. just that coasting is unacceptable

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

do an iso on BBT's posts today and tell me he's town

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I voted BBT earlier and said he was prob in the POE. He seems like he's doing shit all.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

well, i mean that for anyone who isn't voting for bbt right now.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: Not Known 15

I'd vote out a scummy luck sack. I'm willing to follow Klick even though I think Eiralox is still pretty scummy.

claim ASAP nk15

Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 1504, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1484, Mapuche Never Die wrote:Nero is saying questionable reasons for scumreading Eiralox, I still scumread Eiralox
Are you a Robbnva alt? :shifty:
Nope :)
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 1517, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: Not Known 15

I'd vote out a scummy luck sack. I'm willing to follow Klick even though I think Eiralox is still pretty scummy.

claim ASAP nk15
Why is it that whenever someone is moderately scummy and gets a wagon on them, town always end up voting out an inactive ;(
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c inactivity is seen as scum motivation and if we voted out eiralox today and he doesn't flip scum then nk15 just gets tunneled o tomorrow anyways.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but if nk15 flips scum then im closer to my wincon and if nk15 is town then I A.) Don't have to read an nk15 post and B.) I get to make fun of Ausuka

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

seems like a win win for me

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1508, DeltaWave wrote:so are you going to provide reads or are you just gonna coast
I've already answered this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”