Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2570, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2568, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm real timing right now
I dont think that its that telling 15 minutes Into the game sadly
This back and forth with me feels like more interactive real timing than i noticed you doing for most of day one. Is there any reason for that? Either for the relative lack of it day 1 or for doing it now?

I'm interested in real timing with you in particular so I'm delighted rn.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

tbh this looks so much like a scum hop onto the con wagon
In post 2026, Irrelephant11 wrote:ISO'd dann and conman

VOTE: conman
only thing that gives me slight pause is the vote onto VP but distancing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2575, Thestatusquo wrote:
This back and forth with me feels like more interactive real timing than i noticed you doing for most of day one. Is there any reason for that? Either for the relative lack of it day 1 or for doing it now?

:D

the longer days go on when i dont have any reason to really change my mind the less i care about the game especially on day 1 with like next to no info
i get the tired sleepy when it comes to mafia

start of day exciting and fun but i will probably burn out after i figure out what i want to do for Ze day
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dig more into my wall and you'll also notice i said basically nothing about vpb because honestly he didn't make that much of an impression on me.

Which looks like garbage now that the flip has happened but I'm not gunna go add a bunch of stuff ex post facto.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2480, T3 wrote:Image

ConManMick (10): Ydrasse, Aristeia, Irrelephant11, Ausuka, Datisi, scamper,
Gamma Emerald, humaneatingmonkey, DeasVail, VP Baltar

Dannflor (3): GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, fireisredsir
GuiltyLion (2): obscure, Dannflor
Gamma Emerald (2): marcistar, Nero Cain
obscure (1): Firebringer
Aristeia (1): ConManMick
Not voting (1): xofelf
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-09 23:15:00). With 20 alive, 11 is needed to lim and 10 to no lim.
my one thought overnight was that i thought there were wolves in the bolded at least one
and i was Correct
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2577, Ydrasse wrote:

the longer days go on when i dont have any reason to really change my mind the less i care about the game especially on day 1 with like next to no info

start of day exciting and fun but i will probably burn out after i figure out what i want to do for Ze day
I like this answer.

I found your slot extremely hard to sort because i don't remember what you're like despite having i think modded you a couple times.

I kept feeling like you weren't doing very much. Let me into your head.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Spoiler: Irrel trajectory on VPB
In post 1377, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 394, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 389, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 377, Ausuka wrote:
In post 374, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 370, Ausuka wrote:Why do you ask? I think there's enough content here that you don't have to pick at vibe reads
Seemed like a read not based in reality.

What should I be picking at?
What does "a read not based in reality" actually mean
It means it seems like you made it up and now you are covering poo with ~vibes~
This feels like a wildly out-of-nowhere take?? Like even if you think Ausuka's wrong I'm not sure why it's so unbelievable that her wrong read would be based on vibes
In post 388, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 247, humaneatingmonkey wrote:dats, why didn't you withhold your ari read before she can explain what her baltar read was so you can read her better
well for one, she can still explain it. for two, i think scum-her is capable of faking that read. so i don't think it's too alignment-indicative either way.
Why bring it up if it's NAI?
wow can't believe Datisi is the planned D1 bus for once
In post 403, Irrelephant11 wrote:townier than rand:

vpb
In post 652, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: VP Baltar
I love wagons
In post 1088, Irrelephant11 wrote:I was actually just on VPB and my townlean on VPB has mostly faded at this point. Could go either way. Datisi feels like a lightning rod choice bound to pull in a lot of attention, alternatively VPB might be an interesting wagon as someone sitting closer to most people's null piles. So uh yeah, could go either way lol
This back and forth progression on VPB feels more likely to be real and not a projected trajectory

hmmm

usually I don't see scum fake reversals like to

however the fact that VPB flipped maf weakens that somewhat as it could be a thing specifically to pretend to be uninformed

I genuinely don't know if I feel strongly about this being T-S or S-S, would love to hear others opinions
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2580, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2577, Ydrasse wrote:

I like this answer.

I found your slot extremely hard to sort because i don't remember what you're like despite having i think modded you a couple times.

I kept feeling like you weren't doing very much. Let me into your head.
im deranged. also there isnt a whole lot right now because it was goop at the end of day 1 and now im kind of waiting for everyone to check in

i dont think the wagons mean too much or like. you cant really read them well on the basis of vp balter's it doesn't say a lot

ari's reads probably good to die
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2262, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1960, Aristeia wrote:my readlist is around here rn:

town mayor:

scamper

angels:

Ari, Ausuka, Marci, Ydrasse

Probably Good:

Gamma, HEM, Nero, Frogster, GuiltyLion, Obscure, xof,

Null+:

Dann, Relly,

Idk:

Deasvail

groupscum:

datisi, vpb, fireisredsir, conmanmick

mafia traitor:

firebringer

this is mostly where i'm at now.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, doubt VP was the lone scum on that wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's very important to recognize that knowing what i know now i wouldn't have voted CMM as either alignment. ;)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE: Datisi
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 270 is a YIKES from me. Saying that the town read on ausuka came from the datisi callout but the proclamation of ausuka town read came BEFORE the post which is referenced in this post. Post hoc justification of a read is serious scum vibes. There was no datisi callout yet, just a naked vote.
um ausuka voting datisi for that post is why i called ausuka town

the vote was not naked it was directly in response to datisi's post and quoted it

she did not explain the reasoning behind it but she didn't need to bc i understood what she was thinking anyway (or at least i thought i did, and her later explanation confirmed that)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm really interested in what people think about what i think about obscure.

Because i was not happy when i came to the conclusions i did. So sanity checks appreciated.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2587, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 270 is a YIKES from me. Saying that the town read on ausuka came from the datisi callout but the proclamation of ausuka town read came BEFORE the post which is referenced in this post. Post hoc justification of a read is serious scum vibes. There was no datisi callout yet, just a naked vote.
um ausuka voting datisi for that post is why i called ausuka town

the vote was not naked it was directly in response to datisi's post and quoted it

she did not explain the reasoning behind it but she didn't need to bc i understood what she was thinking anyway (or at least i thought i did, and her later explanation confirmed that)
Possible i missed that context. I'll go back and reread it later tonight and decide if i was being unfair.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the ari kill is WIFOM. Her reads aren't perfect obv and they weren't that far off from mine though my scum reads were mostly in her null pile.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 1414 self meta is either useless or cheating. Either you are lying and you try to do these things equally because you are aware of them, OR you are actually aware of the differences in your play and intentionally not fixing them and bringing them to the attention of others in your town games is borderline trust telling. So I guess my question to you is: Which is it? Are you so bad that there is a massive difference in your town games and your scum games in how you fundamentally approach day one and you’re mentioning that here to say you’re town in this game, or are you a capable town and scum player who we can safely disregard your self meta description of yourself?
don't rly care what you think about the usefulness of self meta, i like sharing my thoughts. you are welcome to ignore them if you want

calling it borderline trust telling is ridiculous. nowhere did i say that my town and scum games are wildly divergent and that one should be instantly recognizable. i was just trying to explain my motivations/mindset in this specific game bc it was relevant to the post i was responding to

my goal as scum is not to precisely imitate my townplay. it's to get townread and to kill town. those are accomplished in very different ways so your point here is irrelevant
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by marcistar »

is it bad i barely know how to play anymore

i tried scroll reading the thread during the night but barely anything stood out to me
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

My solve coming into today was elephant (replacement), Baltar, firebringer (replacement), and dannflor. I expected this list of 4 to contain at least 2 scum.

I see no reason now to second guess my analysis, and I suggest there is at least 1 scum in elephant (replacement), firebringer (replacement) and dannflor.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by obscure »

@thestatusquo I am a new player. I'm not asking to be seen as townie for it as I do have experience with social deduction games but I would prefer if you respect the fact that I am new regardless because... what you're saying is coming across as quite offensive when I'm only trying to figure things out. Maybe I seem dumb but subbing into a game for the first time in so many pages as my first game ever isn't exactly easy.

More thoughts tomorrow.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 2594, obscure wrote:@thestatusquo I am a new player. I'm not asking to be seen as townie for it as I do have experience with social deduction games but I would prefer if you respect the fact that I am new regardless because... what you're saying is coming across as quite offensive when I'm only trying to figure things out. Maybe I seem dumb but subbing into a game for the first time in so many pages as my first game ever isn't exactly easy.

More thoughts tomorrow.
can u scumread some bitches tmmrw xoxo
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2591, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 1414 self meta is either useless or cheating. Either you are lying and you try to do these things equally because you are aware of them, OR you are actually aware of the differences in your play and intentionally not fixing them and bringing them to the attention of others in your town games is borderline trust telling. So I guess my question to you is: Which is it? Are you so bad that there is a massive difference in your town games and your scum games in how you fundamentally approach day one and you’re mentioning that here to say you’re town in this game, or are you a capable town and scum player who we can safely disregard your self meta description of yourself?
don't rly care what you think about the usefulness of self meta, i like sharing my thoughts. you are welcome to ignore them if you want

calling it borderline trust telling is ridiculous. nowhere did i say that my town and scum games are wildly divergent and that one should be instantly recognizable. i was just trying to explain my motivations/mindset in this specific game bc it was relevant to the post i was responding to

my goal as scum is not to precisely imitate my townplay. it's to get townread and to kill town. those are accomplished in very different ways so your point here is irrelevant
I disagree with you about this but i don't actually think it's relevant to your alignment so I'm not really interested in discussing it further.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2588, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm really interested in what people think about what i think about obscure.

Because i was not happy when i came to the conclusions i did. So sanity checks appreciated.
It’s not bad I think
I wasn’t really scanning for excessive noob card usage but from your scan it seems that was going on and I’ve def seen scum use it to great effect
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2594, obscure wrote:@thestatusquo I am a new player. I'm not asking to be seen as townie for it as I do have experience with social deduction games but I would prefer if you respect the fact that I am new regardless because... what you're saying is coming across as quite offensive when I'm only trying to figure things out. Maybe I seem dumb but subbing into a game for the first time in so many pages as my first game ever isn't exactly easy.

More thoughts tomorrow.
In post 2573, marcistar wrote:hi shea!!!
Hi! I thought you were scum but then i decided you probably weren't.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by obscure »