Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is scum reading Gamma?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2624, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2621, scamper wrote:going back to this:
In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 1501 ok I’m back to not liking scamper because I do not like this post at ALL. I know I have some bias here because I know the flip, but this play just does not match the style I’ve seen scamper do all game, which is to cautiously move extremely slowly with his own reads and nitpick everyone elses reads ad naus without actually engaging with them. He has also multiple times expressed not being interested in things or bored by them because he does not think they lead to useful information.

So it is EXTREMELY incongruous here for him to immediately say, upon a replacement joining the game to replace an extreme lurker “I’m just going to vote here immediately.” despite even saying that the replacement is NAI based off of the one entry vote when theres so much else going on. I just…What?

Do I think its necessarily scum indicative? Idk, but holy hell is it completely different from every other game action he’s taken this game.
do u actually think me making an immediate vote is unlike the actions i have taken this game?

i had one scumread i felt decently about on day 1, irrelephant. i could not get traction on him because people were townreading him for (imo bad) reasons and then he stopped playing the game and made excuses for not catching up. of course i am going to go back to tghat scumread on day 2. you dont get to start with a clean slate.
I'm talking about your vote on CMM there.

Your vote on relly was when i started to think you were town.
serves me for not clicking the link ig

i dont really have a lot to say in response to this, i thought it was appropriate to pressure the replacement because of his opener. i dont think thats out of line with how i play
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2625, Nero Cain wrote:Who is scum reading Gamma?
I no longer scum read Gamma.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2626, scamper wrote:
In post 2624, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2621, scamper wrote:going back to this:
In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 1501 ok I’m back to not liking scamper because I do not like this post at ALL. I know I have some bias here because I know the flip, but this play just does not match the style I’ve seen scamper do all game, which is to cautiously move extremely slowly with his own reads and nitpick everyone elses reads ad naus without actually engaging with them. He has also multiple times expressed not being interested in things or bored by them because he does not think they lead to useful information.

So it is EXTREMELY incongruous here for him to immediately say, upon a replacement joining the game to replace an extreme lurker “I’m just going to vote here immediately.” despite even saying that the replacement is NAI based off of the one entry vote when theres so much else going on. I just…What?

Do I think its necessarily scum indicative? Idk, but holy hell is it completely different from every other game action he’s taken this game.
do u actually think me making an immediate vote is unlike the actions i have taken this game?

i had one scumread i felt decently about on day 1, irrelephant. i could not get traction on him because people were townreading him for (imo bad) reasons and then he stopped playing the game and made excuses for not catching up. of course i am going to go back to tghat scumread on day 2. you dont get to start with a clean slate.
I'm talking about your vote on CMM there.

Your vote on relly was when i started to think you were town.
serves me for not clicking the link ig

i dont really have a lot to say in response to this, i thought it was appropriate to pressure the replacement because of his opener. i dont think thats out of line with how i play
I found it weird because from my pov every other action you took from the game was to cast doubt on reads. If I'm buying that you're doing that as town it stands to reason that the why behind it is that you're a somewhat cautious player who wants to be sure about reads and thoughts before taking action. So a player replacing in to a completely null slot imo and making like... What i thought was a pretty reasonable entrance, jumping right on it with an immediate vote seemed weird.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

and are scum AI.

is Town AI (though easily faked.)
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I scum read gamma until the ate stuff. Not so sure anymore
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2629, Frogsterking wrote: and are scum AI.

is Town AI (though easily faked.)
So asking you to explain a read that you're pushing now which i before the fact said i didn't understand is scum indicative. Got it.

:Roll:
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by scamper »

in other news: firebringer was the one day 1 read where i decided i was possibly being overly generous on the townread of him and think vp could have been bussing him, at a glance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok baltar iso thoughts:
- maybe the easiest take here, but i don't think his interaction with datisi felt like partners to me? he felt a little like... worried. like he was kinda poking from a distance out of a sense of obligation but not really fully engaging. it didn't feel like they were on the same page or matching each other's energy
- irrel slot is believable as a partner here. nothing too bad tho
- same goes for firebringer slot
- i don't really see the marci read as clearing @scamper?
- the GL thing ehh i kinda am leaning town GL now, don't find the S/S take as compelling as i did originally
- i kinda get the feeling the way he interacted with the major wagons of the day means that one of them was on scum but im not really sure which. v helpful i know. he just felt slightly uncomfortable at times later in the day when he was sorting out which direction to go, like he needed to do some sort of action beyond what he would normally just do to get townread
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I suspect there's an effect happening related to effort, Price's Law, the death of Baltar and status's alignment.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2633, fireisredsir wrote:ok baltar iso thoughts:
- maybe the easiest take here, but i don't think his interaction with datisi felt like partners to me? he felt a little like... worried. like he was kinda poking from a distance out of a sense of obligation but not really fully engaging. it didn't feel like they were on the same page or matching each other's energy
- irrel slot is believable as a partner here. nothing too bad tho
- same goes for firebringer slot
- i don't really see the marci read as clearing @scamper?
- the GL thing ehh i kinda am leaning town GL now, don't find the S/S take as compelling as i did originally
- i kinda get the feeling the way he interacted with the major wagons of the day means that one of them was on scum but im not really sure which. v helpful i know. he just felt slightly uncomfortable at times later in the day when he was sorting out which direction to go, like he needed to do some sort of action beyond what he would normally just do to get townread
I'm high effort in all my games regardless of alignment. I tend to be the highest post count almost always.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

God i hate that quote feature on mobile. Was not trying to quote fire
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2634, Frogsterking wrote:I suspect there's an effect happening related to effort, Price's Law, the death of Baltar and status's alignment.
In post 2633, fireisredsir wrote:- i kinda get the feeling the way [Baltar] interacted with the major wagons of the day means that one of them was on scum but im not really sure which. v helpful i know. he just felt slightly uncomfortable at times later in the day when he was sorting out which direction to go, like he needed to do some sort of action beyond what he would normally just do to get townread
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2634, Frogsterking wrote:I suspect there's an effect happening related to effort, Price's Law, the death of Baltar and status's alignment.
Also I'd prefer to be called Shea. If you don't want to do that tsq is better than status. Kind of hate status.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The quicker you realize I'm town the quicker we can move on to something more productive like you not answering my question about Dannflor and instead just saying i was scum for asking it
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why not have your username changed? Like I know they did it for offensive usernames but that shows they can. I mean maybe they don't want to open that can of worms but its worth an ask I think.

they=mods
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My understanding is that it's a pain in the ass to do.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@Nero

Do I look like a weak link to you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ummmm idk. I guess not though if you are town and your reads are bad then you are but that could be said for me or anyone.

I still think Gamma and Elephants slot is scummy. lol

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2547, Thestatusquo wrote:Post 2003 like here we’re just throwing out the term pocket which is definitely obscure mafia terminology but we made a big show of googling omgus??? Especially because his experience is supposedly IRL and I’ve played a shit ton IRL and its not like pocket is a phrase that comes up a ton there in my experience
the rest of the points here are whatever, but this one is def wrong

he is referencing my in which i literally used the word pocket

its not that deep
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Oh that actually makes me feel better by quite a bit.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Still don't like the numbers thing
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I like fires interaction with me so far. Gunna town bin.

Not quite sure what to make of frogster. I'm still kind of taken aback by them to be honest.

Ydrasse disappeared before i could get a handle which is disappointing.

Nero needs to do some actual scum hunting instead of just saying slots are scummy with no reasoning. Think Nero likely town though.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2647, Thestatusquo wrote:I like fires interaction with me so far. Gunna town bin.

Not quite sure what to make of frogster. I'm still kind of taken aback by them to be honest.

Ydrasse disappeared before i could get a handle which is disappointing.

Nero needs to do some actual scum hunting instead of just saying slots are scummy with no reasoning. Think Nero likely town though.
:lol:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, I've been doing no scum hunting. child, please

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”