Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 35, Porkens wrote:I used to do gutty townreads and scumreads page 1 and they were almost always wrong
Nothing wrong with being wrong early :) :) What page do you dip your toe? Sometimes a lil push in the pool is what it takes.

I like Malcolm's entrance posts.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 50, Porkens wrote:What do you mean “scan”?
We had 6 people left going into night 4. One was pretty much hard confirmed town (we shot this guy), one was a vanilla with a fake power role who had a flavor scan on them. Another was a vanilla who was seen being targeted by "someone" night 1, when no town targeted him night 1. However, when the independent flipped an investigative power on day 4, it took away this player's town confirmation, as the indy could've targeted him without killing him.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 39, Crescent wrote:
In post 28, geraintm wrote:
In post 27, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 25, geraintm wrote:'Ello 'ello 'ello.....

God this game took ages to start, i was observing the Queue for ages waiting.

i think i recognise most of the people's names. i would suggest (from past experience) that if there is a cop type role in the game that Crescent gets checked night 1, they cannot be allowed as scum to get too far into the game.
Why? Are they deepwolf type player?

In post 25, geraintm wrote:
In post 21, Wayward Son wrote:I'll check in during the day, as I can. Just expect more from me at night! :lol:
Vampire confirmed, gotcha
Anyways, here we have gone from the 2nd to a 3rd
If I remember right, vampire isn’t a normal role?
that pink is an awful colour to read.

i've only played with them as town, and so far they have been a competent player (i was scared of them when mafia) but their posting style tends to dominate the game if left unchecked, they post long posts that are usually well formed and if they are scum and they are not checked by night action they will be very hard to vote off late in the game. i cannot think of a time they were ever noticeably under pressure of being voted out, so if there is someone around who can check their alignment it would be one of the first places to go - certainly what i would be doing
Depends on the game and my mood entering the game. I was very much in the background for much of 2278. I didn't have it for that game and I knew I didn't have it.

It does nag at me a little that this is his first contribution. I've been shot by night 2 in my last three minis, and scum you would definitely prioritize shooting me. Scanning me in general can be a good thing since I don't particularly have "tells", but making a point of it this early doesn't really vibe right with me.
Hmm.... will hold onto this for future reference.

Spoiler: For geraintm
Is this color better for you? What theme you're currently using btw?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Crescent »

Wait no that last guy wasn't vanilla, he was the guy I read as cop on day 1 and had my RB (who lived to end game with me) roleblock every night of the game, who then claimed it on day 5 and immediately got voted off for claiming another scanner.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 31, Shiidaji wrote:I have three (3) townreads. There is a pencil in my hand. I'm going to write their names on a little yellow post-it and stick it on my wall right there. Tomorrow morning I will post them, and we can all compare! Join me if you'd like :] :]
Waiting for the town reads reveal.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 48, Galron wrote:Nightmare scenario would be geraintm/crscent/malcom
What makes you say that? Based on vibes or anything you noticed?

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:45 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 46, Galron wrote:
What do you mean by dominate the game. I've played with them and yes you're right about the posting style but I don't know that they dominate.
if they wantt o, then they can heavily dictate the shape of a day, and they are really hard to go up against. in the games ive played with them, if they were scum i think late game they would be hard to vote off, so i'd like them sorted earlier than that if possible.
just my suggestion....

and that colour is much better. i have some sort of light blue as the backdrop
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Porkens »

Still not sure what the word scan means in this context
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:47 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 58, Porkens wrote:Still not sure what the word scan means in this context
Investigate in the night phase

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:48 am

Post by Porkens »

Ok thank you
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 58, Porkens wrote:Still not sure what the word scan means in this context
Uh
'
One was essentially a confirmed town flavor cop that we shot night 4

One was "scanned" on night 3 by said town flavor cop that we shot that night 4

One was "scanned" by a motion detector who had already died all the way back on night 1.

It's.. Kinda straightforward.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:54 am

Post by Crescent »

I do have a question of my own though.

Why was that important enough to you to ask it twice?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Porkens »

Sorry my reading comprehension is very poor. I wanted to know what you meant when you said you don’t get scanned in your earlier post.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Galron »

In post 56, Salsabil Faria wrote:
What makes you say that? Based on vibes or anything you noticed?
Malcom has a verbose I guess you'd call it posting syle like crescent so a lot of both of their posts would probly get missed. And geraintm is pretty slippry and has already slim shaded crescent which would be a decent distancing tactic that I don't think many would think much of.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Galron »

In post 57, geraintm wrote:
What do you mean by dominate the game. I've played with them and yes you're right about the posting style but I don't know that they dominate.
if they wantt o, then they can heavily dictate the shape of a day, and they are really hard to go up against. in the games ive played with them, if they were scum i think late game they would be hard to vote off, so i'd like them sorted earlier than that if possible.
just my suggestion....

So you're pushing for their flip early on. Is that what you mean by sorted? Why not try to read them?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 55, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 31, Shiidaji wrote:I have three (3) townreads. There is a pencil in my hand. I'm going to write their names on a little yellow post-it and stick it on my wall right there. Tomorrow morning I will post them, and we can all compare! Join me if you'd like :] :]
I dropped my early Crescent townread now that I'm getting more of a feel for their play so we'll just have to scritch that part out :) I'm excited to see yours too.

Crescent I don't see a town-minded reason to nip at someone like you did in post 62.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

It's very early for me to form any read yet...

ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:57 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 59, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Investigate in the night phase
:twisted:

Hey do you got any reads so far, what are they?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:57 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 67, Salsabil Faria wrote:
It's very early for me to form any read yet...
Lol beat me to it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 66, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 55, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I dropped my early Crescent townread now that I'm getting more of a feel for their play so we'll just have to scritch that part out :) I'm excited to see yours too.

Crescent I don't see a town-minded reason to nip at someone like you did in post 62.
There kinda wasn't on the surface. I'm a pot stirrer. It wasn't directed at alignment - it was directed at the player. I specifically wanted to see how the player would respond so I could get a better feel of them. The thing about such questions if they often don't just get a response from the player - they also draw out other reactions.

I'd like to ask where this apparent townread on me came from in the first place, as I wouldn't say I did anything to earn one so early.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Porkens »

What are these townreads worth at this point? How likely are they to change? Why announce them now?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:06 am

Post by geraintm »

This gets a vote
VOTE: galron
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 65, Galron wrote:
In post 57, geraintm wrote:
just my suggestion....

So you're pushing for their flip early on. Is that what you mean by sorted? Why not try to read them?
I don't want them dead. If they are town they will be useful. But I want someone to check them at night so we don't have to worry about them
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 70, Crescent wrote:There kinda wasn't on the surface. I'm a pot stirrer. It wasn't directed at alignment - it was directed at the player. I specifically wanted to see how the player would respond so I could get a better feel of them. The thing about such questions if they often don't just get a response from the player - they also draw out other reactions.

I'd like to ask where this apparent townread on me came from in the first place, as I wouldn't say I did anything to earn one so early.
tbh if you responded along the lines of "to be an ass" you'd be townier in my head :) it's nice to know it was in good faith.

Your post 8!
In post 8, Crescent wrote:
In post 7, NJAC wrote:
In post 5, Crescent wrote:Oh it's finally up.

I'm a kitty. Meow.
And where is your vote?
I don't do RVS votes. On a day that's 7 days long, I likely won't place a vote at all for at least the first 4 of them.

About the only exception I tend to make is for pressure votes on people who have like 2 useless posts in 2-3 days because making them talk is important.
In response to the evergreen question of, "Why not vote Day 1?" this rang like a town response. From my perspective, relatively newer scum with a recent join date would feel pressured to give a silly response or even comply, so as to fit in! Today's posts have shown your general level of experience with mafia more, so I think you're more likely to be able to fabricate that kind of response, thus I'm no longer using that post to read you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”