Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.3
Daddy Yankee & Snow - Con Calma
(2019)

Commentary: This super catchy reggaeton song from Daddy Yankee samples the 1994 song "Informer" by Canadian rapper Snow (also featured in Con Calma).

NJAC
(2): Shiidaji, ProfessorDrapion
KittyTacky
(1): NJAC
MalcolmTucker
(1): geraintm
ProfessorDrapion
(1): Salsabil Faria
Wayward Son
(1): Galron
Not Voting
(5): MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Wayward Son, Crescent, KittyTacky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-19 10:24:00).
Last edited by Greeting on Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 138, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 91, geraintm wrote:
In post 78, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 72, geraintm wrote:
In post 48, Galron wrote:Nightmare scenario would be geraintm/crscent/malcom
This gets a vote
VOTE: galron
I don't particularly like that post either. It feels like it's intending to be solvey by putting a sort of grand, almost conspiratorial idea out there but it's also not saying much at the same time. I feel like I have a tendency to scumread Galron a lot early game though - maybe a style thing, but will keep an eye on their play.
Nah, it was a good post. If scum was me and Crescent and A N Other I think we would walk this game.

But you brown nosing my vote....VOTE: malcolm tucker
Don't understand your vote here, I like
Malcolm
's pov though...
i realise now i am not sure if Malcolm Tucker was saying "I don't like this post" about mine or Galron. when i first posted, i thought they were agreeing with me that Galron's was a poor post. I'm not so sure they meant that now.

so i voted Malcolm because i thought they were apparently joining me in saying Galron's post was poor.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 151, geraintm wrote:
This gets a vote
I don't particularly like that post either. It feels like it's intending to be solvey by putting a sort of grand, almost conspiratorial idea out there but it's also not saying much at the same time. I feel like I have a tendency to scumread Galron a lot early game though - maybe a style thing, but will keep an eye on their play.
Nah, it was a good post. If scum was me and Crescent and A N Other I think we would walk this game.

Malcolm
's pov though...
i realise now i am not sure if Malcolm Tucker was saying "I don't like this post" about mine or Galron. when i first posted, i thought they were agreeing with me that Galron's was a poor post. I'm not so sure they meant that now.

so i voted Malcolm because i thought they were apparently joining me in saying Galron's post was poor.
I was saying I didn't particularly like Galron's post, you are correct there.

Sure, it'd be a nightmare scenario if the three of us were all scum together, but it seems very unlikely from early posting - certainly I feel like the way you/Crescent have played so far means you are unlikely to be aligned. "We should be careful of this player," without an actual scumread could hint at alignment but I don't think you'd be urging for a proper check if Crescent was a teammate.

I think you're town though. Your vote for me is misguided but it shows you're not just wanting to necessarily get town players onside when they're agreeing with you (or when they think they are at least).
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Porkens is probably town based on their posting so far. I can see scum occasionally opting for an "I'm clueless" type approach but they'd be overdoing it if scum here.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 147, geraintm wrote:
In post 130, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 95, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 87, NJAC wrote:How so?
In post 89, NJAC wrote:LOL, okay, so what's your plan to solve this game?
I REALLY don’t like this.

VOTE: NJAC
I also don’t like
Prokens
's posts. For a player who joined 2008, they're asking some obvious type of questions. I see it as
playing dumb card as scum

Recently
NJAC
Kitty
and I completed a newbie game (Newbie-2100) where scum!
Kitty
was playing dumb townie and
NJAC
caught him for that.

VOTE: Prokens
i dont follow what the quoted post has to do with the rest of it?
Not in a direct manner... While I was reading, I was having this thought process towards
Professor
's stance on
NJAC
and wrote under this post.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 94, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 85, NJAC wrote:
In post 76, Porkens wrote:I don’t know if it’s all that great. What if you are town reading scum, don’t you risk spreading that misconception to others? What if scum uses it as a way to plant town seeds on their members?
You are not a newbie, as far as I can tell, why do you keep asking questions about typical mechanics of the game?
You choose to enter the thread saying this?
Have anything else to add?
Rather then trying to pick on Porkens like that and not even in a good way.
Slight scumlean on Drapion for this and the posts which followed afterwards. This is a bit of a reach. I think it's perfectly valid when trying to suss out other players to ask/question why someone who's been on the site for a long time didn't appear to be clear about game mechanics as such. Porkens' reply was fine but it's useful info for us to have.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:37 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 153, MalcolmTucker wrote:Porkens is probably town based on their posting so far. I can see scum occasionally opting for an "I'm clueless" type approach but they'd be overdoing it if scum here.
If
Professor
flips scum then it'll clear
Porkens
imo, but if
Professor
is town and
Porkens
will continue to play like this then I think it’s not impossible to play dumb townie as scum for them.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:41 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 156, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 153, MalcolmTucker wrote:Porkens is probably town based on their posting so far. I can see scum occasionally opting for an "I'm clueless" type approach but they'd be overdoing it if scum here.
If
Professor
Porkens
imo, but if
Professor
is town and
Porkens
will continue to play like this then I think it’s not impossible to play dumb townie as scum for them.
Agreed it's possible but very much feel like they would be overdoing it. I've seen slots like that eliminated early on as a compromise when the town has been struggling to agree on a defined target. But still unlikely for me.

The one bit I do worry about is the "I'm just going to try and not get miseliminated", I'll expect scum hunting at some point from Porkens once we have more info otherwise that could be construed as coasting.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:
This gets a vote

Malcolm
's pov though...

Sure, it'd be a nightmare scenario if the three of us were all scum together, but it seems very unlikely from early posting - certainly I feel like the way you/Crescent have played so far means you are unlikely to be aligned. "We should be careful of this player," without an actual scumread could hint at alignment but I don't think you'd be urging for a proper check if Crescent was a teammate.

I think you're town though. Your vote for me is misguided but it shows you're not just wanting to necessarily get town players onside when they're agreeing with you (or when they think they are at least).
then i am happy with my vote on you.

me and crescent can certainly be the same alignment - we can both be town. i know we are not both scum, and there is the chance that they could be scum - hence me wanting someone to check them over.

whilst i am thinking about it, i wouldnt mind being checked out too. no one ever does and so i always get to the end game with question marks over me.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:32 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 90, Porkens wrote:I don’t really have one. I’m going to try and not get miseliminated. That’s really my only goal. Although I know that can’t win the game by itself, it’s my goal for the first couple days, at which point I hope to have gotten some idea who is scum er not.
The forthrightness is part of what made me trust you. It would help us all if you transition into taking stances on the current game.

NJAC's snippy, reactive posting style is one I tend to scumread early. I had a bad vibe from his post 7, where, in my gentle mind, he could have just voted Crescent for his rvs vote instead of double-posting a jab at Cres without follow-up. So I wanted to wait and see if he always posts in curt, questioning jabs. He does!! While it's easier to fake quick conversations where the posts are a minute apart (posts 86-90 with Pork) when it's about non-game-related topics, I like NJAC's tone towards Pork. It's non-accusatory and doesn't resemble him angling for a vote switch onto Pork.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:35 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 137, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 124, NJAC wrote: It matters. I'm waiting for Kitty to show up.
I'm here.
Yes, I can see that. In the last game we played you said you use to do better when players are active and there's enough content. Do you think this is the case? Is there enough content and people are being active enough in this game for you to try to solve the game?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:37 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 144, Salsabil Faria wrote:don't understand their Crescent townread (74 ➤ where they mentioned 8 is a town response from Crescent but to me it’s a NAI stuff).
Salsa if you mean that and don't understand ask away I am making my morning coffee :) :) let us join hands.
I'll look at Drapion again because I didn't have have it in me to decipher whether he made a :oops: :oops: booboo or a calculated :shifty: :shifty: play when he backed off NJAC.
Can you give context for your Wayward meta townread? I don't like his recent posts.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:41 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 125, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 6, NJAC wrote:VOTE: Kitty
How
is
a vote in a relevant vote? I'll wait for Kitty's response to ask my next question.
I want him to feel some pressure. It's like an implicit message to him that I'm going to watch his play closely.

What's your next question?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:50 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 144, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Read-list : 01

Slight Townleans⇨

Wayward
: meta + vibe

NJAC
: meta + I can understand what they're coming from about
Porkens

Malcolm
: Get town vibes from & .

Slight Scumleans⇨

Porkens
: Reason stated in .

Professor
: Their aggressive approach towards
NJAC
for going after
Porkens
doesn’t sit well with me. It almost seems like (to me) they
know
Porkens
is town
somehow. Also they kept trying to dismiss
NJAC
's approach towards
Porkens
by saying it’s completely NAI stuff (which isn’t, stated in & ) +
buddying attempt
with
Crescent
().
While writing this, I find
Professor
is more scummier than
Porkens

VOTE: Professor

Shiidaji
: (mostly based on vibe) got ping from & + don't understand their
Crescent
townread ( ➤ where they mentioned is a town response from
Crescent
but to me it’s a NAI stuff).

Rests are null for now.
I don't necessarily agree with your read on Porkens, but I think I agree with your read on Professor, I felt the same, like he knows Porkens is town and saw an opportunity to make a fake case on me. His posts were not intended to try to determine my alignment but to throw a lot of shade on me and discredit me.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 161, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 144, Salsabil Faria wrote:don't understand their Crescent townread (74 ➤ where they mentioned 8 is a town response from Crescent but to me it’s a NAI stuff).
Salsa if you mean that and don't understand ask away I am making my morning coffee :) :) let us join hands.
I'll look at Drapion again because I didn't have have it in me to decipher whether he made a :oops: :oops: booboo or a calculated :shifty: :shifty: play when he backed off NJAC.
Can you give context for your Wayward meta townread? I don't like his recent posts.
What do you mean by "
Salsa if you mean that
"??

I played with
Wayward
in this game:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89804

Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Whether or not you read through my post with the actual intent to read me and solidify your gut feeling you mentioned on your lovely color-coded list.

That's great, so what about Wayward in that game makes you feel he's town here besides gut? :) Save me some reading.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 159, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 90, Porkens wrote:I don’t really have one. I’m going to try and not get miseliminated. That’s really my only goal. Although I know that can’t win the game by itself, it’s my goal for the first couple days, at which point I hope to have gotten some idea who is scum er not.
The forthrightness is part of what made me trust you. It would help us all if you transition into taking stances on the current game.

NJAC's snippy, reactive posting style is one I tend to scumread early. I had a bad vibe from his post 7, where, in my gentle mind, he could have just voted Crescent for his rvs vote instead of double-posting a jab at Cres without follow-up. So I wanted to wait and see if he always posts in curt, questioning jabs. He does!! While it's easier to fake quick conversations where the posts are a minute apart (posts 86-90 with Pork) when it's about non-game-related topics, I like NJAC's tone towards Pork.
It's non-accusatory and doesn't resemble him angling for a vote switch onto Pork.
Agreed, and as I've pointed out the info gained was actually helpful and useful too.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:06 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Early TR on Shiidaji too. Liking their approach.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:09 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 144, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Read-list : 01

Slight Townleans⇨

Wayward
: meta + vibe

NJAC
: meta + I can understand what they're coming from about
Porkens

Malcolm
: Get town vibes from & .

Slight Scumleans⇨

Porkens
: Reason stated in .

Professor
: Their aggressive approach towards
NJAC
for going after
Porkens
doesn’t sit well with me. It almost seems like (to me) they
know
Porkens
is town
somehow. Also they kept trying to dismiss
NJAC
's approach towards
Porkens
by saying it’s completely NAI stuff (which isn’t, stated in & ) +
buddying attempt
with
Crescent
().
While writing this, I find
Professor
is more scummier than
Porkens

VOTE: Professor

Shiidaji
: (mostly based on vibe) got ping from & + don't understand their
Crescent
townread ( ➤ where they mentioned is a town response from
Crescent
but to me it’s a NAI stuff).

Rests are null for now.
You realize the dudes discussion is going nowhere right?
There was better things they could have said/asked Porkens.

I think your just jealous I used your color in that one post
:P
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Vote: Drapion
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 am

In post 156, Salsabil Faria wrote:
If
Professor
Porkens
imo, but if
Professor
is town and
Porkens
Sounds like someone’s setting up back to back Ml’s.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:13 am

In post 158, geraintm wrote:
In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:
This gets a vote

Malcolm
's pov though...

then i am happy with my vote on you.

me and crescent can certainly be the same alignment - we can both be town. i know we are not both scum, and there is the chance that they could be scum - hence me wanting someone to check them over.

whilst i am thinking about it, i wouldnt mind being checked out too. no one ever does and so i always get to the end game with question marks over me.
Malcolm could be a wolf I suppose here.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:15 am

In post 162, NJAC wrote:
In post 125, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 6, NJAC wrote:VOTE: Kitty
How
is
a vote in a relevant vote? I'll wait for Kitty's response to ask my next question.
I want him to feel some pressure. It's like an implicit message to him that I'm going to watch his play closely.

What's your next question?
From their current posts what is your thoughts?
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:17 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

What?? I read your reasoning in which I don’t understand because I still count as a NAI post.
Crescent
could be scum and still make like town!them could. What makes you think that post comes from town!them is beyond my understanding.
Then without clearing it, you're trying to portrait something negative about me ( :roll: ) which I'm counting a bad faith.

In my "
lovely color-coded list
" I stated my
Wayward
slight townlean
based on
meta + vibe[/b] for which you asked context so I shared the meta I've on them & I can't explain vibe/gut read. If there was anything beside that, I would mentioned in my read-list.... for now this is all I have.

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

^ this if for

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”