MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:12 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

On the one hand I'm not sure PD's current behaviour is exactly conductive to a scum approach - quite confrontational and not exactly easing the town's scumreads of them. I'd argue scum in this situation is more likely to be receptive to why town is scumreading them because they want to come across as reasonable and cooperative - plenty of townies get miseliminated because they dig down out of frustration when suspected and increasingly annoy the people scumreading them.

But on the other hand it could be this is just PD's natural style and they're not going to modify it in spite of getting scumread.

None of their responses in recent pages have been great. The idea "everyone" scumreads them is designed to make it look like we're all on the wrong tracks and this is too easy an elimination to be scum. But not everyone necessarily does think PD is scum and they themselves had to revise their statement to say it was everyone who had given reads, and I'm not even sure that's necessarily true anyway.

Their play indicates scum to me but it's not a subtle playstyle which gives me pause. I'd currently pick PD for elimination if it was final day but don't believe we should rush this through either.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 311, geraintm wrote:@salsa

I random voted someone

Malcolm comes in shortly after, not realising it was random, and start going "good point, I too found them sus"

Buddying up like that I don't like
The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Kitty is another player who like Wayward Son I'd like to see more from going forward and if PD isn't scum they're a candidate for a possible opportunistic vote. Relatively quiet so far and PD is a relatively obvious target at the moment where the reasoning sort of presents itself.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 301, Wayward Son wrote:
I have a tinfoil theory.
It's Professor and Porkens. (Assuming scum) Professor took a lot of time to defend Porkens. Porkens' "gut" vote on me is an attempt to start a different wagon.

It may be thin, but I see it.
VOTE: ProfessorDrapion
Something a bit weird about this post for me. For one - I'm not sure how it's necessarily a "tinfoil theory", the logic seems relatively simple, probably too simple, to the point where if PD is scum I think it's more likely Porkens is probably town - in that case PD would either be trying to pocket or would be going for a relatively easy TR to simply look more town. An added bonus for PD if they flip scum is there's a small chance we do turn on Porkens due to PD's defence of them.

But I don't really see the logic wherein this is being done to take the heat away from PD - if scum were going to try to start a genuine bandwagon on you then they'd probably put a bit more effort in to convince other players rather than simply going off gut. This reads a bit to me like you're potentially wanting to expand your pool of scumreads beyond PD because you're aware PD is perhaps too easy a target at the moment if the slot gets eliminated and does come back town.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Wayward Son »

@ Malcolm I made that post after doing a dual ISO of Professor and Porkens. What makes you think Porkens can be Town? I'm not seeing anything.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 327, MalcolmTucker wrote:Kitty is another player who like Wayward Son I'd like to see more from going forward and if PD isn't scum they're a candidate for a possible opportunistic vote. Relatively quiet so far and PD is a relatively obvious target at the moment where the reasoning sort of presents itself.
Personally I don't like these kinds of posts. You want to hear
more
from me? Do you have any questions?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 326, MalcolmTucker wrote:The fact I didn't realise it was random is why I thought it was a good point - I didn't like the post from Galron and was simply agreeing with you.
I know I touched on this earlier with Geraint, and in the one post where I misunderstood your point. What is wrong with expressing a nightmare scenario? You say you don't like it, can you express why?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Wayward Son »

@ Malcolm I get the feeling you know I'm wrong on PD, and are throwing shade at the wagon while slightly supporting it. Town read sliding south.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Wayward Son »

UNVOTE:
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Wayward Son »

Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:41 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 332, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I get the feeling you know I'm wrong on PD, and are throwing shade at the wagon while slightly supporting it. Town read sliding south.
Yeah tbh I’m actually thinking you guys might just be TvW but I’m not sure if I want to lock that solve in yet.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:42 am

If your asking why you.
You were also the last to place your vote on me and can be a wolf taking advantage of an easy ML.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 324, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Do you think Galron clears Wayward upon wolf flip?
Do you feel Galron will flip scum? Why? How would that clear me?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 262, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Lol
Don’t read anyone who votes against me for anything
, I'm an obvious town ML here my flip doesn’t mean Jack shit.

But here’s what you do need to look at, see if anyone 180’s on me during my last moments or says “actually he could be town”
Wolves tend to do that more often then town cause wolves don’t want to look bad after a town flip.
It's all you've been doing. Of course you've said Crescent is your only Town read, but you seem to only suss those who've sussed you. I don't like the way you keep saying your (misslim) makes sense, but then only (hunting) from within it.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:13 pm

In post 337, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 324, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Do you think Galron clears Wayward upon wolf flip?
Do you feel Galron will flip scum? Why? How would that clear me?
Maybe Wolf.
Their push on you with Porkens is why I’m saying it.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:14 pm

In post 338, Wayward Son wrote:

But here’s what you do need to look at, see if anyone 180’s on me during my last moments or says “actually he could be town”
Wolves tend to do that more often then town cause wolves don’t want to look bad after a town flip.
It's all you've been doing. Of course you've said Crescent is your only Town read, but you seem to only suss those who've sussed you. I don't like the way you keep saying your (misslim) makes sense, but then only (hunting) from within it.
Ok buddy first off all my town read does wolf read me.
Second thing is yes multiple people offsite say I have the tendency to happen to wolf read players that push me but I have my reasons.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:17 pm

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/flicke ... again/3225

Here’s a game for reference.
Neon was the one saying it, I am Zorvo on that site.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Crescent »

That would be handy.
Thoughts?
Galron's vote on him was an RVS vote, and he has never at any point mentioned him since. The vote there doesn't really say anything.

But... Actually reading Galron's ISO, there.. Isn't much there at all. I'm not sure how much if anything in this ISO actually qualifies as game-progressing content.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:46 pm

In post 342, Crescent wrote:
That would be handy.
Thoughts?
Galron's vote on him was an RVS vote, and he has never at any point mentioned him since. The vote there doesn't really say anything.

But... Actually reading Galron's ISO, there.. Isn't much there at all. I'm not sure how much if anything in this ISO actually qualifies as game-progressing content.
I mean there was his wolf read on me but yeah I get yeah.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 340, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 338, Wayward Son wrote:

Ok buddy first off all my town read does wolf read me.
Second thing is yes multiple people offsite say I have the tendency to happen to wolf read players that push me but I have my reasons.
Actually all I've said is your behavior is more likely to come from scum and I pressed you on it to see what you'd do.

I've never once actually called you scum.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:49 pm

It is kinda sus that the only game related content Galron made was about me?
Is that correct or did they state a read on someone else let me check.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:50 pm

In post 178, Galron wrote:I'm not sure I get what geraintm is doing -- I think the vote on me was a reaction test not for me but for others? Regardless there seems to be a process there and even if I don't understand it I can respect it. So that's worth an early town read.

I also see some kind of process with njac, although less substantive I guess. But I think it's slightly townie.
Nah they have made another read, it isn’t that bad.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 325, MalcolmTucker wrote: Their play indicates scum to me but it's not a subtle playstyle which gives me pause. I'd currently pick PD for elimination if it was final day but don't believe we should rush this through either.
Yep. This is traditionally scummy behavior but I'm not convinced the player doing it is scum... There seems to be something of a pattern to the madness that I feel like I haven't properly deciphered yet. Personally I know I'm prone to doing things that are traditionally scummy (like blatantly omgusing) just because I don't care.

I'm hoping the thing drawing so much of my focus from this game is dealt with soon, at least.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh and I gave him a pass for all the early nonsense, but Porkens has two posts since then. One says nothing and one is a blank vote.

Hi Porkens I want you to give something that actually resembles a genuine read.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 322, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 312, NJAC wrote:Yeah, Salsa can go to my town list.

I'm having a hard time getting a proper read on Professor, but I'm not sure if his erratic behavior is coming from scum.

I think Kitty is at least trying, compared to Newbie 2100, so I feel I can unvote him for now.

I need to reread, meanwhile I'm just going to sheep Salsa:

VOTE: Galron
Why?
What makes you change your read on me?
As I said I'm not sure if your erratic behavior is coming from scum. And I can see a scenario in which you are town and scum are joining your wagon for an easy mislim.

So I'm leaning to think you're dumb but probably not scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”