furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 624, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 613, jjh927 wrote:Also it's a statistical "rule" that I don't think ever held any meaningful basis, and many scum players who are aware of it have been known to purposefully violate it anyway because it throws people off who follow it religiously
I think it does have a basis in psychology. If you tell someone to come up with 50 random coinflip results, most people will have too few long streaks of one result, because outliers like that don't feel as "random". Similarly, if scum pick a "random" group of 3 people, they're more likely to mix in alignments proportionally than if it were actually random.

But yes, it doesn't work on people who are aware of it, and it is easy to manipulate. (I've done so as scum plenty of times.)
Too much math now.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:07 am

Post by RCEnigma »

About you specifically fire or both reads?

Everything you post feels reserved in a way that has been weirding me out for a while. Things like the hedgy read on uncrowned when they moved their attention away.

Or Sussing Titus and simultaneously giving the green light on Ircher as maybe scum maybe not.

The repeated noncommittal reads as you trying to avoid being accountable and I find it scummy.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 625, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 624, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 613, jjh927 wrote:Also it's a statistical "rule" that I don't think ever held any meaningful basis, and many scum players who are aware of it have been known to purposefully violate it anyway because it throws people off who follow it religiously
I think it does have a basis in psychology. If you tell someone to come up with 50 random coinflip results, most people will have too few long streaks of one result, because outliers like that don't feel as "random". Similarly, if scum pick a "random" group of 3 people, they're more likely to mix in alignments proportionally than if it were actually random.

But yes, it doesn't work on people who are aware of it, and it is easy to manipulate. (I've done so as scum plenty of times.)
Too much math now.
I've become so Americanised
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 626, RCEnigma wrote:About you specifically fire or both reads?

Everything you post feels reserved in a way that has been weirding me out for a while. Things like the hedgy read on uncrowned when they moved their attention away.

Or Sussing Titus and simultaneously giving the green light on Ircher as maybe scum maybe not.

The repeated noncommittal reads as you trying to avoid being accountable and I find it scummy.
the klick read seems like a hot take and i didn't see any mention of it in your iso, so i was curious about that as well

and uhh yea you're just gonna have to get used to that ig. i think its generally more of a thing for me as town (lower confidence), its easier to project confidence and towniness as scum when there's no need to be honest, but i might try to imitate it as scum so its probably nai tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 627, furtiveglance wrote:I've become so Americanised
the internet really does that to you

you kept your s instead of a z tho so you're not all the way gone
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

'Merica, FUCK YEAH!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Fine Fire is town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Does anyone besides me think its kinda odd that JJ has me so low in his town list but he's literally sheeping half my scum reads? Prob not but it felt sorta odd to me, idk.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:25 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 632, Nero Cain wrote:Does anyone besides me think its kinda odd that JJ has me so low in his town list but he's literally sheeping half my scum reads? Prob not but it felt sorta odd to me, idk.
Hey, you too?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, question for furtiveglance and specifically NOT Nero then

Who are Nero's scumreads
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 566, jjh927 wrote:Image

As a useful reference, my true entrance will be in about 4 hours when I'm off work.
Looks oddly like Berserk. It's the type of story that disappoints the readers, maybe cause it wasn't the actual author who finished it.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 635, Vivax wrote:
Looks oddly like Berserk. It's the type of story that disappoints the readers, maybe cause it wasn't the actual author who finished it.

It's Bastard!!

I watch a LOT of trash

This is trash
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 634, jjh927 wrote:Okay, question for furtiveglance and specifically NOT Nero then

Who are Nero's scumreads
Ircher and Vivax
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'll wait for nero to confirm vivax was who he was concerned about because I have no clue who he scumreads aside from Ircher

Follow-up though

Ircher is widely scumread. It seems bizarre to me that one of your thoughts upon reading my readslist is such an absurdly Nero-centric take

Is vivax such a wildly uncommon scumread at this point in the game that something weird is going on if I scumread these 2 people, and also 2 other people, and have Nero low down in my town pile?

You have claimed the same thought process as Nero here. It makes sense as to why it would come from him but since you've agreed with him I'd like you to be the one to explain your working
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

it's actually mala and vaxiv more than ircher, mala and vivax.

like I said earlier I'm a little bit alarmed that an Ircher wagon got lo L-1 in 14 pages (and vivax L-1 vote seemed scummy as shit) but I am agreeing that his second set of posting was not great and I can buy into the slip thing b/c 4 scum is NOT the norm for a 21 player. My vote isn't there b/c I have little to no interest in ending the day.

You have both read poorly but JJH more than furt.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, yeah, I thought you might have scumread mala but it wasn't entirely clear based on the way you expressed that
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'd ask how exactly I've read this poorly, but I'd much rather you leave furtive to drown here because he claimed to be thinking the same thing as a point you made that didn't really make any sense to come from any POV other than yours
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 636, jjh927 wrote:
In post 635, Vivax wrote:

It's Bastard!!

I watch a LOT of trash

This is trash
Thoughts of a dump manager: They see the result of there being a dump they manage, but not the source of goods. Living in the other polarity, their source of trash, they conclude that the world must be made of trash. This is why incinerators are better than dumps
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Klick »

We should either hammer Ircher or move on imo
I'm interested in pursuing an RCEnigma vote but I don't want to dampen the Ircher wagon for something that might not happen
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 638, jjh927 wrote:I'll wait for nero to confirm vivax was who he was concerned about because I have no clue who he scumreads aside from Ircher

Follow-up though

Ircher is widely scumread. It seems bizarre to me that one of your thoughts upon reading my readslist is such an absurdly Nero-centric take

Is vivax such a wildly uncommon scumread at this point in the game that something weird is going on if I scumread these 2 people, and also 2 other people, and have Nero low down in my town pile?

You have claimed the same thought process as Nero here. It makes sense as to why it would come from him but since you've agreed with him I'd like you to be the one to explain your working
I'd accept it if you explained any of your own working, a 'gut take' is surely a simple read on what's happening. I'm either scum pushing town!Ircher, or town pushing town, or town pushing scum. Unless you want to argue that we're both scum?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Vivax »

Conveniently, there's a big incinerator in the sky that sometimes acts unpredictably
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 643, Klick wrote:We should either hammer Ircher or move on imo
no?

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:53 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 644, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 638, jjh927 wrote:I'll wait for nero to confirm vivax was who he was concerned about because I have no clue who he scumreads aside from Ircher

Follow-up though

I'd accept it if you explained any of your own working, a 'gut take' is surely a simple read on what's happening. I'm either scum pushing town!Ircher, or town pushing town, or town pushing scum. Unless you want to argue that we're both scum?
So, does that mean you think Nero has articulated the reads better and it's weird that I am just following them, or is your point entirely designed to try and put things back on me to distract from how your reasoning in agreeing with Nero didn't make sense from your point of view?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 647, jjh927 wrote:
In post 644, furtiveglance wrote:

Follow-up though

So, does that mean you think Nero has articulated the reads better and it's weird that I am just following them, or is your point entirely designed to try and put things back on me to distract from how your reasoning in agreeing with Nero didn't make sense from your point of view?
Nero shared more scumreads with you than I did, yes. But Ircher is more than just one read - they're the main wagon. So I'm still failing to see how your gut is reading the main event of this game so far, the voting.

Now have I unlocked your monologue cut-scene?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:55 am

Post by jjh927 »

Like, you see that my scumreads contains Ircher and Vivax and you think to yourself "It sure is weird how jjh927 is sheeping Nero Cain"

How does any human being other than Nero Cain approach from this angle?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”