Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5325 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:44 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5252, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 5105, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5104, Frogsterking wrote:
@all

FYI one argument in favor of flipping Dease is that I think it will help to sort obscure, since their main play (aside from lurking) has been their scum case of Dease. If Dease flips scum (which I think is pretty likely) then we know to evaluate obscure's progression for bus potential, and if Dease flips Town (which I'm pretty skeptical of) then I think obscure should just get shot because I think they're probably lurk scum who parked a vote on Dease.

I still believe there is likely one or more scum slot somewhere between Dann, S_S and Shea, and I can't tell who it is.
@all tldr;

I think Dease is findable is scum whereas obscure is just suspicious, and there is AI information we can get on obscure by flipping Dease, but not the other way around.
That is a somewhat convincing argument, every player in the game I've read so far is divided on Deas, the game's lulling to standstill it seems like, and obscure isn't something ppl are happy with since they're just baseline suspicious (from what I'm getting at)))

I noticed that Dann mentioned having a pocket tunnel on obscure earlier in the game, but I also saw him saying obscure never really had any meaningful pressure. So I'm wondering what obscure did earlier on, I'm assuming they just had trouble keeping up and lurked but that's not exactly a basis for Dann wanting his tunnel to be correct, so im probably missing something
I don't believe that Tweet actually thinks this is a convincing argument.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:50 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5311, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5310, Frogsterking wrote:Hey CSF! Did you find what you were looking for about Dease and obscure?
No not really, I haven't found the part where those wagons began. This game could really use some more VCs. What are your reads on those slots?

I'm kind of reading backwards, and one cursory thought I had was that the reasons listed for scumreading Gamma in were kind of weak considering he's their top scumread.
Part of it is that what I posted there was more focused on recent Gamma posts moreso than posting earlier, but mostly it's that I haven't had especially strong reasons to scumread anybody this game and Gamma was the closest I got to it.
In post 5319, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5063, DeasVail wrote:I’ve decided I don’t think Frogster is especially likely as scum to think that my scumread on him is vindictive.
What made you think this? Did something clear up your confusion in ?
Post 5042 was kind of a gut reaction, but after further thought, it seemed more likely that the thought of "DV is only suspecting me because I was scum in his only other game with me" came from Frogster as town.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: tweet

tweet tweet
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So people are just willing to toss aside all the tone reasons they told me about gamma when I was scum reading her now? Can someone explain to me why?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

My rep in was abominable is my guess I have no soul present really
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 5327, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: tweet

tweet tweet
tweet tweet tweet
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I thought it was pretty generic but not overtly scummy.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

tweeeeet twee
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

things are super fickle and sometimes I feel like ppl just follow around whoever is loud. If tweet scum flips then it's possible that some of the "gamma is town b/c tone" is a scum defending him. Here's to hoping we were right.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5334 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

its me, im ppl
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 5329, Morning Tweet wrote:My rep in was abominable is my guess I have no soul present really
I think it's hard to have a good rep-in considering the size and state of this game

I would hope you can keep posting thoughts about the game though
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

not to hold her to too high of a standard or anything bc maybe she's just not feeling it but isn't tweet known to be like really good when she replaces into town slots in an already well-established game

like that specifically i wouldn't expect to be a challenge

gamestate maybe
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

tweet still has time to post and change mine/other ppls minds. But if not tweet who? I maybe should have started a Dann train instead.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:31 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5328, Thestatusquo wrote:So people are just willing to toss aside all the tone reasons they told me about gamma when I was scum reading her now? Can someone explain to me why?
a long time has elapsed and i was likely wrong on a lot of my other reads so im willing to re-evaluate and let others take the lead to see if they have a better idea
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5338, scamper wrote:
In post 5328, Thestatusquo wrote:So people are just willing to toss aside all the tone reasons they told me about gamma when I was scum reading her now? Can someone explain to me why?
a long time has elapsed and i was likely wrong on a lot of my other reads so im willing to re-evaluate and let others take the lead to see if they have a better idea
I just find it pretty concerning. Idk. It had almost no success getting traction on gamma because of a ubiquitous claim that her tone and emotion were coming from town, and I find it really weird that as far as I can say nothing really seems to have changed that much but here's a wagon out of nowhere.

I also can't help but notice that these wagons continue to keep having a hard time getting traction on something smart but keep popping up on other people seemingly out of nowhere and no one seems to be willing to think about fire at all except ausuka
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

theres been a bunch of wagons and none have gone through so i think you could easily say that whichever your favorite one is 'didn't get enough traction' no matter which one you're talking about. SS was a leading wagon twice, i think

imo thats more a product of a decent chunk of players not being useful with their votes, so whenever the main voters are split between two wagons there's just never gonna be enough to push one of them over the line

which is why ig now we're trying to consolidate those main voters onto one wagon

all that said i would gladly yeet SS
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 5324, Datisi wrote:i am down to just sheep nero and vote tweetie. that kinda sucks because i like tweetie but i am extremely sick of this day and i think nero is town. though i'm also thinking cat scratch fever should be at least somewhat caught up on the thread before nightfall. y'know.
I read back to the point where scamper softed an inno on you and Marci claimed the vig kill on VPB.

I'm headed to work right now, but was there anyone in particular that you wanted me to look at later?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

gamma, tsq, dann

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Morning Tweet (5): DeasVail, Nero Cain, Frogsterking, Ydrasse, Dannflor
DeasVail (4): obscure, fireisredsir, marcistar, Enchant
obscure (2):Datisi, Ausuka
------------------------------------------------------------------------
humaneatingmonkey (1): cat scratch fever
fireisredsir (1): Thestatusquo
Not voting (4): Something_Smart, GuiltyLion, scamper, morning tweet

anything below the line is a useless vote (assuming this is even correct)

I lowkey think there is scum in the not voting pile. I'm still not bullish on obscure flipping scum but I don't think he'd be a horrible flip.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I love it when people arbitrarily decide what wagons are acceptable.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think I'm doing that?

HEM wagon isn't going to happen and I'm not all that sure that there'd be enough traction on Fire so I think that saying that 2 votes on wagons that won't happen and 4 players not even voting are being useless with their votes is a pretty accurate statement.

tweet, deas, and to a lesser extent obscure are the wagons with the most traction and thus more likely to go through. Like yes, maybe a bunch of players just up and decide to kill you or enchant or someone but I think assuming that the current wagons might happen is a statement rooted in reality.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Ydrasse »

hem slot good vote still
VOTE: obscure

fight fight fight wagons fight
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I doubt anyone will vote out a soft claimed PR

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Ydrasse »

everyone’s a pr when they’re wagoned
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

id they are scum sure

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”