Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Galron »

In post 474, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 472, Galron wrote:
In post 431, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 384, Galron wrote:Oh yeah I'm here just haven't felt like playing.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe Malcom today.
Why Malcolm?
I'm not really seeing a process there. And there's a whole lot of "well you seem like you could be town or scum" and that doesn't really sit well. There was a post or two wrt geraintm where he had expressed a hard town read and then rolled it back the more he got into the post.
The brunt of my Malcolm read is from his process. In that often when he posts it's points that mirror my thinking. I agree with him a lot is what I'm saying!!
What kind of process do you see there? Because I obviously don't see it.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 473, Galron wrote:Shidaji seems to be pairing me up with several people and I don't like it.
You gotta do what you gotta do :)
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Galron »

Oh and someone scum reads me for something kitty had done in another game?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Galron »

In post 476, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 473, Galron wrote:Shidaji seems to be pairing me up with several people and I don't like it.
You gotta do what you gotta do :)
I'm glad that's sorted.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Shiidaji »

lmao

Maybe process means something diff to us, for me I mean like thought process, that when mal replies to a post he picks the ones I would and says things I would say. That's usually a towntell for me. If you have anything else that comes to mind that you find scummy tho LMK in case I'm being put in a little pocket :)
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Do you have reads outside of Malcolm? Can you talk about Salsa?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 438, Crescent wrote:Question though: Why did you townlean me in the first place? I've been pretty close to inactive.
Your posts were well written and easy to understand. You didn't sound devious, and compared to others' posts, you seemed an angel. Not everyone can be scum.

I'm guessing your other scum read is Geraint?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 448, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 436, Crescent wrote:Ok 2 1/2 days left and that war is finally over so my brain can start working ago. Votals don't feel like they've changed much. I noticed Shidaji moved onto Galron.

I then noticed Galron has... Exactly one post in the last 2 1/2 days, and it's questionable.

In post 384, Galron wrote:Oh yeah I'm here just haven't felt like playing.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe
Malcom
today.
Yeah but.. Why? Malcolm almost never appears in your ISO before this post, except for in #47 and #64, which aren't in any way calling him scum. It kind feels like you've played this game in "neutral".

There actually is
one thing that kinda does stick out to me a bit concerning Malcolm in comparison to the other game I played with him
, but I'm not going to feed you an answer soo~

Anyways I'll glance over the rest of the posts now.
Is this anything I can help with? I believe this is only our second game together but I'd argue my last game might be about the weakest I played on the site in terms of effort - I just couldn't find my way into the game at all and it showed based on my play. Not that I'm usually some 4D chessmaster who puts in brilliant contributions but I'd say I'm more focused and engaged this game and have more focused reads.
Interesting.

'Cause it's exactly that: Your level of investment this game is markedly higher than that game. It's been sticking out to me for a little while now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 456, geraintm wrote:
In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
have you played a game with me when i am not scum? what are my early game voting patterns like in those? i'd hazard they are awfully similar.
it is mid game where my scum votes come to the fore, not now
2272 was my first game with you, and you were town. You did not do this in 2272.

In 2273 and 240 you had very long stretches of time with your vote on a meaningless splinter. You did this twice on day one in 2273 - Once with Clidd, and once with me. In 2272, outside of the RVS vote on Scorpious that clearly meant nothing, you voted for Meuh much later in theday - For a significantly better reason than the reasons I've been seeing your day one votes as scum.
In post 596, geraintm wrote:I hate Meuh's vote kn Dwlee. I don't see any build up to it, and then they use other people wanting to pressure them to justify their vote. It won't go anywhere, that isn't a wagon that is likely to happen anytime soon. It feels like a "I wanna be seen doing something"

It comes right after a wagon is forming is another player....so large naughty point for you

VOTE: meuh
This is exactly what
you
tend to do as scum in Meuh's position, and you caught it rather quickly on her.

In further contrast, your scumgame does tend to change based on your position in the game. You're more likely to play it safe on splinters when you feel behind because you don't want the exposure (I'd wager it's 2/9 or 2+1/8 if Gera is scum - Not a solid 3), which is why your game in 2190 is such an outlier - Scum dominated that game from start to finish.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 451, geraintm wrote:i cant remember having any opinion on them
You never formed an opinion of Professor after all this? How could anyone who's scum hunting miss the claim?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 481, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 438, Crescent wrote:Question though: Why did you townlean me in the first place? I've been pretty close to inactive.
Your posts were well written and easy to understand. You didn't sound devious, and compared to others' posts, you seemed an angel. Not everyone can be scum.

I'm guessing your other scum read is Geraint?
Experience has taught me that when Gera tunnels all day on a splinter for a weak reason it's more likely to come from his scumgame so yes.

Oh and side note:
In post 292, Porkens wrote:VOTE: wayward son

Gut
In post 408, Porkens wrote:I really think wayward is scum. Plz ISO and confirm.

In post 464, Porkens wrote:
In post 417, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 408, Porkens wrote:I really think wayward is scum. Plz ISO and confirm.
Shouldn’t
you
do that? It's your read on them after-all.
Their ISO is my case. Don’t be lazy.

I have another scumread I’ll keep in my pocket for now.

I don't town read WS, but what changed between "gut" and "I think he's scum"? You have no meaningful posts in this span, and you have nothing resembling game-solving content for most of the day. This is the equivalent to saying "This guy is obv scum can you guys make a scumcase on him for me", while calling someone else lazy for asking him to make his own argument. It's a staggeringly anti-town mentality.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Porkens »

It was their posts in that span that clinched the read.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 486, Porkens wrote:It was their posts in that span that clinched the read.
Ok. Which ones?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 352, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 350, Porkens wrote:
In post 334, Wayward Son wrote:Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
“HAY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS OTHER PERSON PLEASE”
QFT
In post 400, Wayward Son wrote:I'm not so hot on my "tinfoil theory" anymore. I never mentioned Professor's claim to see if he would push it as an excuse to not vote him. It'd probably be late game before he could prove it.

When I get back on later tonight, I'll revise my vote. I think Shiidaji is Town.
In post 409, Wayward Son wrote:Professor, Porkens. OMGUS I guess. :P

Galron, and maybe Malcolm.

These are my best guesses.
In post 410, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 406, ProfessorDrapion wrote:NJAC and Wayward.
Without quotes, can you summarize your scum read on NJAC? Something quick?
In post 411, Wayward Son wrote:After Galron's ISO. I just don't know what to say or ask. :?

@ Galron What do you think?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Crescent »

See, that wasn't so hard... But it's also not where I find the most questionable content. The entire goal was to actually get you to say something~
In post 301, Wayward Son wrote:I have a tinfoil theory. It's Professor and Porkens. (Assuming scum) Professor took a lot of time to defend Porkens. Porkens' "gut" vote on me is an attempt to start a different wagon.

It may be thin, but I see it.
VOTE: ProfessorDrapion
In post 303, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 170, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 156, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 153, MalcolmTucker wrote:Porkens is probably town based on their posting so far. I can see scum occasionally opting for an "I'm clueless" type approach but they'd be overdoing it if scum here.
If
Professor
flips scum then it'll clear
Porkens
imo, but if
Professor
is town and
Porkens
will continue to play like this then I think it’s not impossible to play dumb townie as scum for them.
Sounds like someone’s setting up back to back Ml’s.
@ Salsabil I was reading Professor's ISO when I came across this post. Why do you think a red flip on the Professor would clear Porkens?
In post 329, Wayward Son wrote:@ Malcolm I made that post after doing a dual ISO of Professor and Porkens. What makes you think Porkens can be Town? I'm not seeing anything.
In post 334, Wayward Son wrote:Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing
shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
This is what sticks out to me.. He's calls them scum together, and tacks on a vote onto Drapion's wagon. He then directly shades Porkens in an awkward manner, while never actually giving an argument to call him scum, just unhelpful (which is something I also just called him, but unhelpful doesn't always mean scum), and rather blatantly OMGUSing. The way he phrases the question in #329 implies a [i[strong[/i] scum read because it seems to dissociate Porkens being town as even being possible.

Then 334 comes, and... This question doesn't seem to flow properly at all. He's calling Drapion and Porkens scum together, and he's already more or less doubled down on Porkens. The question is phrased as to have no good answer. Why would Drapion defending him make him town in the first place? This is made even more awkward by the fact that he's also openly claiming to scumread Drapion.

There are no posts from any other player between #329 and #334. It's an awkward jump from one bad post to another bad post.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 469, Shiidaji wrote:@Wayward do you maybe TR Kitty?
He's putting in more effort here than when he was scum in 2100. I wouldn't want to vote there Today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Crescent »

Kitty's effort level kinda pales in comparison to 2277, both in post count and the average length of the posts, though 2277 was a bit odd in that someone had a train like almost all day and it just never died.

Imma check out 2100 though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Crescent »

And much like 2277 (which had a set train almost from the start of the start), 2100 is hard to get a proper read on because he got voted off which would naturally elevate his posting.

...Kind of just a wash for me.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 489, Crescent wrote:Then 334 comes, and... This question doesn't seem to flow properly at all. He's calling Drapion and Porkens scum together, and he's already more or less doubled down on Porkens. The question is phrased as to have no good answer. Why would Drapion defending him make him town in the first place? This is made even more awkward by the fact that he's also openly claiming to scumread Drapion.
I think it's a good question. Am I to understand you Town lean Porkens? Why?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 446, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
In that case will you consider
geraintm
signaling the scumteam to nk you in as a traitor (if we consider we have a traitor in this 11 players game) or just signaling the scumteam as per wiki, scumteam don't know who is the traitor?

From wiki⇨
A Traitor is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, as long as it:

•is Mafia-aligned
•knows the identities of all of the Mafia team
•identity is not known by the Mafia team, although they should know a Traitor exists
•cannot be recruited to join the rest of the Mafia team, and (unless Bulletproof) is killed if shot
•is endgamed if all other Mafia are dead
•gives a "guilty" result to Cops, an "innocent" result to Gunsmiths, and a "Traitor" result to Role Cops
Oh and I forgot about this. I mean, it's... Possible? Calling for a scan on a player two seconds into the game could be a pretty strong way to try to influence your team on who to kill.

This really doesn't amount to anything more than a tinfoil though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 493, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 489, Crescent wrote:Then 334 comes, and... This question doesn't seem to flow properly at all. He's calling Drapion and Porkens scum together, and he's already more or less doubled down on Porkens. The question is phrased as to have no good answer. Why would Drapion defending him make him town in the first place? This is made even more awkward by the fact that he's also openly claiming to scumread Drapion.
I think it's a good question. Am I to understand you Town lean Porkens? Why?
Porkens is directly reminding me of Goldfish, who was so flagrantly useless as town in 2273 that I actually pegged her as town because I didn't think scum would allow her to continue to be so useless. The feeling I have here isn't as strong as the feeling I had on her, but I also can't remember the last time I saw scum frontload their game with the ridiculous barrage of excuses that Porkens already has. I feel he needs time for further observation. I fully intend to keep needling at him.

And it's not a good question. Drapion defending Porkens early on shouldn't have any influence of whether someone town reads or scum reads Porkens now. The fact that you're calling them scum together already means you can attack almost any potential answer to the question, hence it having no "good" answer.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 492, Crescent wrote:...Kind of just a wash for me.
I remember reading a game where Kitty had a PR, in that game he was more relevant and posted more. I don't remember which game it was though, maybe Kitty remembers.

It seems he's trying in this game. He is a hard read.

pedit "And it's not a good question. Drapion defending Porkens early on shouldn't have any influence of whether someone town reads or scum reads Porkens now. The fact that you're calling them scum together already means you can attack almost any potential answer to the question, hence it having no "good" answer." Greeting actually did this very thing in 2100 with Kitty. I still see it as possible.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Possible yes, but it still shouldn't have any effect on how someone reads Porkens now. It turns Drapion's early defense of him into a qualifier that shouldn't be there.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Wayward Son »

OK, but what in his ISO makes you feel Town him is a possibility? Serious question.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 498, Wayward Son wrote:OK, but what in his ISO makes you feel Town him is a possibility? Serious question.
The way he entered the game and the way he's gone about "arguing" you suggests awful town to me more than it suggests scum, but I don't strongly read him in any particular direction (I also think he missed the mark with pointing out what in your ISO looked bad), and I would not seriously oppose voting him as he hasn't actually sold me he's an asset even if he is town.

Like, for example, NM was referenced earlier in this game. I would vote NM in a second if I got stuck in a game with him in a game, because I think he's anti-town no matter what the alignment of his role says.

I gotta get to Synagogue though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”