jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:06 am

Post by jjh927 »

If people are ultimately more convinced by something else later than the thing we're thinking now that's fine.

Don't get held back by the idea that we could be correct right now. We also might not be. Getting the most info possible and being as confident as possible that we can lim scum day 1 is the goal.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 688, furtiveglance wrote:Ausuka: Seems very different to Mini Normal 2279 in which they were my first townread and pretty much a UTR from the get go. Could be due to RVS wagon, larger game or anything else but notable.
I mean when Datisi bullied me into signing up for this game I agreed on the condition that I would RNG my reads so if anything I'd say I'm outperforming expectations here

(I am going to be playing intensely more relaxed in this game due to a combination of being busier and the size of this game I'm afraid! Although I'm also curious to see the advantages and disadvantages that come with not being mostly townread by people as well)
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:09 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 702, Ausuka wrote:
In post 688, furtiveglance wrote:Ausuka: Seems very different to Mini Normal 2279 in which they were my first townread and pretty much a UTR from the get go. Could be due to RVS wagon, larger game or anything else but notable.
I mean when Datisi bullied me into signing up for this game I agreed on the condition that I would RNG my reads so if anything I'd say I'm outperforming expectations here

(I am going to be playing intensely more relaxed in this game due to a combination of being busier and the size of this game I'm afraid! Although I'm also curious to see the advantages and disadvantages that come with not being mostly townread by people as well)
Advantages may be limited :/
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

Oh I'm sure the disadvantages will outweigh the advantages but maybe people will be easier to read this way?? Who knows!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 704, Ausuka wrote:Oh I'm sure the disadvantages will outweigh the advantages but maybe people will be easier to read this way?? Who knows!
Do you have anything so far, or just chilling being disadvantaged?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 694, Klick wrote:
In post 666, fireisredsir wrote:i don't really get the mindset behind "hammer or move on" followed by "i want to vote RCE but don't want to dampen ircher wagon"

can you explain that more

specifically about the "or move on"
Ircher looks like he might get eliminated here
I am satisfied with that outcome

It also looks possible that the wagon will dissolve and other wagons will form
I'm not as happy with that outcome because I think Ircher is a better elimination than we would likely get if things were to dissolve. But it is an acceptable outcome and one we can work to our advantage

What I DON'T want is 'let's leave Ircher at L-2 for a few days while we don't do other things and
then
get cold feet and vote elsewhere' (which does commonly happen)
Because the stagnation would kill momentum in what's currently an active and fun and highly-Klick-motivating game
Agree with Ircher vote, don't think it'll suddenly be hard to get them out unless someone really puts their foot in it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 692, jjh927 wrote:It is sorted

Gut
It was fairly arbitrary but it's absolutely sorted by confidence of how I felt at the time
In post 693, jjh927 wrote:I did particularly like 588, not just the post but the fact it even exists
Okay.

The reason I asked was that I kinda thought the most notable things that I had done this game so far was catching the Ircher 17 player thing, and then my posts about Titus.

You seem to disagree with my comments on Titus, and you were not seeming to give furtive any town points for pushing the Ircher thing, so I was confused how those things were planting me at the top and furtive near the bottom.

But I guess I can buy that you liked 588, so this line of questioning kinda lost its purpose. Carry on.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 705, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 704, Ausuka wrote:Oh I'm sure the disadvantages will outweigh the advantages but maybe people will be easier to read this way?? Who knows!
Do you have anything so far, or just chilling being disadvantaged?
I still think Ircher is a wolf if that helps!

I want to be cautious with Vivax because he seems like the sort of person who's naturally scummy but I don't really like the way he pivots away from Ircher for being too scummy to be scum and then returns because apparently he'd be hammered if he's town??? Especially with Ircher voting Vivax, I feel like if Ircher is scum Vivax is a good place to start d2
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

(To be clear I am not in a 100% caught up state and there are a lot of people I don't really have reads on but I can always RNG a readslist if people want that!)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 709, Ausuka wrote:(To be clear I am not in a 100% caught up state and there are a lot of people I don't really have reads on but I can always RNG a readslist if people want that!)
No
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Klick »

In post 701, jjh927 wrote:If people are ultimately more convinced by something else later than the thing we're thinking now that's fine.

Don't get held back by the idea that we could be correct right now. We also might not be. Getting the most info possible and being as confident as possible that we can lim scum day 1 is the goal.
I disagree with the notion that more info = higher town accuracy
I'm feeling decently confident in my accuracy on this game right now and there's not that much info so far
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 485, petapan wrote:the last time i pumped the brakes on an early day 1 ircher wagon he was scum who escaped to get a night action

and his posts when he came back were kind of bad tbh
I vibe with this? I don't know how to articulate it but regardless of Vivax's alignment the push by Ircher just felt Bad
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 am

Post by mastina »

Heads up, am phoneposting, so all responses will be one post, slow, not formatted, some things I won't be able to do, and I will likely have to abruptly leave before I get fully caught up.
In post 114, Klick wrote:
In post 105, mastina wrote:I respect it, but I don't townread it. Nero's not being as obtuse/obstinate as his town self normally is.
This is the easiest way to read Nero Cain and I'm disappointed that you've discussed it in clear detail in this game before Nero Cain has really posted enough to read him off it
I mean.

It's not like he doesn't already know about this tell.

I've publicly used it to read him before. He knows about the tell. He's seen people in countless games use the tell. So he's fully aware of it.

But he can't really replicate it as scum. He cannot really help Displaying it as town, either. To be honest, I think that it's such an innate part of who he is, that he CAN’T change it.

So there's no harm in educating folks about it.
He can try to be obnoxious as scum;
He can try to be not obnoxious as town;
I don’t believe that he can truly fully succeed at either. Even knowing about the tell, he doesn't necessarily have the capacity to fix it.

(Also, this tips Klick into town.)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:20 am

Post by jjh927 »

If you gain info and you lose accuracy then you only reached the first conclusion by chance anyway
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:22 am

Post by mastina »

In post 148, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 145, Ydrasse wrote:I hope i’m the scumread

I’m uninterested in the guessing game though as much as it would give back regarding reads
Why uninterested? I literally made it so easy for you. Also, you can only be a LEAN, since I said you were a smaller read.
For the record, if I hadn't already locktownned Ydrasse, this conversation would've done it for me.

Ydrasse is by FAR the towniest slot in the game by MILES.

I also townlean furtive for the exchange.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:24 am

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, I'm hyped for the mastina catchup. Maybe I have some brainpower left
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really think that's a super accurate description of my personality but I also don't care what mastina thinks either
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 164, Something_Smart wrote:Also, I did confirm with the mod that there is guaranteed to be at least one VT in the game. I assume there is also more than one VT in the game, and guessing the ratio of PR to VT is probably pretty important. I was estimating somewhere around 2:1 to 1:1-- having too many VT's makes it trivially easy to keep productivity up. Since we need to average at least 75%, if we assume 2:1 PR:VT, the PR's would need to average around 62%, which honestly isn't bad.

The tricky thing is that hitting way too high is also pretty devastating for town because we lose a lot of power. So we should probably aim for no higher than 85%, which would require a PR average of 78%.

So my (almost) completely uninformed take is that most PR's should be producing between 62-78%. Since mastina is committed to 0 and is probably roughly 10% of town's PR's, shift that up 10% for today, so 68-86%.
For the record, I am also locktownning Something Smart for this post.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 694, Klick wrote:
In post 666, fireisredsir wrote:i don't really get the mindset behind "hammer or move on" followed by "i want to vote RCE but don't want to dampen ircher wagon"

can you explain that more

specifically about the "or move on"
Ircher looks like he might get eliminated here
I am satisfied with that outcome

It also looks possible that the wagon will dissolve and other wagons will form
I'm not as happy with that outcome because I think Ircher is a better elimination than we would likely get if things were to dissolve. But it is an acceptable outcome and one we can work to our advantage

What I DON'T want is 'let's leave Ircher at L-2 for a few days while we don't do other things and
then
get cold feet and vote elsewhere' (which does commonly happen)
Because the stagnation would kill momentum in what's currently an active and fun and highly-Klick-motivating game
im willing to throw my vote in the "will go to ircher if things move away and then struggle to return there" if that helps

but ok, that seems reasonable i think, and i at least understand your thought process more now
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 716, jjh927 wrote:Okay, I'm hyped for the mastina catchup. Maybe I have some brainpower left
Don't get your hopes up too high, this is how far back I am and I only have 15 minutes before my appointment. :P

I'll try to get as much as I can now tho and finish later.
(Btw this moves jjh to at minimum null. Maybe higher.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 181, Malakittens wrote:
In post 140, Titus wrote:
In post 74, Malakittens wrote:Andre is prob town.

VOTE: Mastina

Back to bed for ma
:/ Uh what? Why?
I have played scum - Andre recently and this is like night and day compared to that last game.
It’s an early read, but I vibe with it.

Mastina is an RVS vote
For the record: I'm willing to trust Mala on this read, and this also moves Mala into town by some considerable margin.

Not sure if Mala is locktown, but she's north of null, and I am trusting her on Andres and moving him up to locktown.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 512, Klick wrote:
PenguinPower
furtiveglance
Malakittens
Vivax
Andresvmb
fireisredsir

petapan
Uncrowned
mastina
Roden

Lukewarm
Titus
Ydrasse
Ausuka
Nero Cain
BlueBloodedToffee
jjh927

RCEnigma
Ircher
Something_Smart
Ok so I've seen a few Klick games

Most of them were town and he came across as active, capable, confident, all that stuff. There was one where I modded and he seemed, like, fairly distinctively different from that? He didn't just zeropost, but he came across as like, significantly less engaged I think and ended up getting eliminated not long after replacing in.

For people who know him better than I do, is this a consistent pattern, because if so he is probably town this game

My read on Mala is similar in that I don't really know either of them that well but I feel like mala's towngame also looks more like this??
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Klick »

PenguinPower
furtiveglance
Malakittens
fireisredsir
Vivax
Andresvmb

petapan
Uncrowned
mastina
Nero Cain
Ausuka
jjh927

Roden
Ydrasse
Lukewarm
Titus
BlueBloodedToffee

Ircher
Something_Smart
RCEnigma
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my initial take was that he seemed a little more active the usual. But then he also said he's motivated for this game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”