geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:40 am

Post by geraintm »

Those wanting me to move my vote. As I am town and reckon I am 90% likely to be on a town elimination if I do end up on a wagon somewhere, I'd rather one extra scum was on the wagon instead of me, get their hands dirty
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:40 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 595, Crescent wrote:The previous post sums up exactly why I'm not against voting Porkens. Barring a full-on town confirmation. players like him almost always get voted off eventually. It's a matter of when, not if.

But here's a fun fact: Galron really has arguably done even
less
than Porkens has, he just hasn't been as obvious about it. He has given exactly one reason to suspect Drapion (#179), said he's voting him or Malcolm is #384, and given exactly one reason to suspect Malcolm (#472). That's... Really it.

Porkers may be doing next to nothing, but his approach to Wayward, as much as I had to pull teeth to get him to actually elaborate on anything, is more than we've gotten out of Galron. Porkens is failing, but Galron feels like he's totally lurking from commitment.

I feel like we have circled around this train while discussing trains to oppose it, while most people seem to agree everyone voting him is town, while the player the train is on hasn't given us any reason to look away him. I have yet to see anything that resembles true, game-solving thought process, and he's the lowest poster in the entire game, who has done effectively nothing since September 13th.
This may be a bit of a reach but if Galron is scum, and Gera is perhaps a teammate, could this maybe explain Gera's sudden scumread on me when I agreed with them?

Gera throws a casual, jokey vote at a teammate which may have the added effect of some scum distancing, but then begins to panic a bit once they realise their vote could be construed as being a serious push? Having TR'd Gera early on there's just been something really off about their sudden push since then for someone who admits they typically don't see much value in D1.

Gera doesn't believe they should be suspected because it's D1 and it's impossible to sort them confidently at this stage, but has also seemingly confidently sorted me as scum, thereby defying their own logic.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:41 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

Yeah sorry must’ve misread
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I've seen Gera do this no elimination on D1 thing before but my issue at the moment is they weren't particularly bothered about it early on and appeared to be genuinely scumhunting, whereas now they seriously want to avoid us voting while we look to consolidate on Galron's wagon.

Given the short period of time we have left I think I'm content vote here. But town should obviously be careful as we'll be approaching hammer soon, think my vote is the 4th.

VOTE: Galron
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:44 am

I’ll restate my reads.
My Towns: Cres, Porkens, Kitty, Gera and Malcolm
My PoE: Shiji, Salsa, Wayward, Galron and RJAC
Probably least confident in Salsa.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:45 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 209, geraintm wrote:
In post 180, Galron wrote:Yeah I'm not real sure what trap geraintm was trying to set but he seems to have had something in mind.
anyone who decided to pipe up after my vote on you and said they found you sus, well, i just have that down as weird sucking up and i dont like it. not one bit
Like this is really odd. Why is anyone who thinks Galron is scum after Gera votes for Galron therefore scummy? Especially when Gera otherwise believes it's hard to sort players on D1. The logic just isn't consistent.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:45 am

In post 603, MalcolmTucker wrote:I've seen Gera do this no elimination on D1 thing before but my issue at the moment is they weren't particularly bothered about it early on and appeared to be genuinely scumhunting, whereas now they seriously want to avoid us voting while we look to consolidate on Galron's wagon.

Given the short period of time we have left I think I'm content vote here. But town should obviously be careful as we'll be approaching hammer soon, think my vote is the 4th.

It could also be that they just really want you execution.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 606, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 603, MalcolmTucker wrote:I've seen Gera do this no elimination on D1 thing before but my issue at the moment is they weren't particularly bothered about it early on and appeared to be genuinely scumhunting, whereas now they seriously want to avoid us voting while we look to consolidate on Galron's wagon.

It could be and I believe Gera has approached the game this way as town before (certainly the no lim D1 thing has come from them as town), but their logic and read on me feels inconsistent and forced, and it came directly in response to me disliking Galron's post early on.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:47 am

@Salsa
If your town I highly suggest re-evaluating on a Galron!Town flip.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:50 am

In post 607, MalcolmTucker wrote:

It could be and I believe Gera has approached the game this way as town before (certainly the no lim D1 thing has come from them as town), but their logic and read on me feels inconsistent and forced, and it came directly in response to me disliking Galron's post early on.
I mean it could just be pocket paranoia as they aren’t wrong that a wolf will purposely follow a vote from someone.
Usually if it is TvT vote.
That’s why I see what they were getting at and wolf read you myself but after reading some of your posts I no longer believe you to be a wolf but you are my weakest town read in par with Kitty.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 am

I still believe you and Kitty to be more town then Salsa though.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 am

Which is my weakest wolf read.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 608, ProfessorDrapion wrote:@Salsa
I mean I'll definitely re-evaluate if my scumread flip green or townread flip red.
Do you think
Galron
v
Wayward
is TvS?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 am

But it’s more PoE then anything.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:52 am

In post 612, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 608, ProfessorDrapion wrote:@Salsa
I mean I'll definitely re-evaluate if my scumread flip green or townread flip red.
Do you think
Galron
v
Wayward
is TvS?
I think it’s definitely possible yeah.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Crescent »

And for the record it has all the makings of scum getting pressure and then lurking to try to wait it out. Galron has had 3 votes for about 50 hours. In this span, he has just 8 posts. There's been some very light shade at Malcolm, and... Really nothing else. He has made zero attempt to do anything towards the train on him, just some "pst pst hey look at Malcolm" followed by nothing.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 am

In post 615, Crescent wrote:And for the record it has all the makings of scum getting pressure and then lurking to try to wait it out. Galron has had 3 votes for about 50 hours. In this span, he has just 8 posts. There's been some very light shade at Malcolm, and... Really nothing else. He has made zero attempt to do anything towards the train on him, just some "pst pst hey look at Malcolm" followed by nothing.
Yeah Galron will tell us allot from their flip.
They should always be the execution today.

Even though I strongly believe Wayward is the wolf, Galron execution should make things more clear in regards to where wolves were/are.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 609, ProfessorDrapion wrote:

I mean it could just be pocket paranoia as they aren’t wrong that a wolf will purposely follow a vote from someone.
That’s why I see what they were getting at and wolf read you myself but after reading some of your posts I no longer believe you to be a wolf but you are my weakest town read in par with Kitty.
If scum can't get a miselimination in the day phase, they can certainly push for no-elimination.... it benefits scum in both ways.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and that's 4.

...Yeah pediting isn't a thing where I come from and I just don't bother with it. It feels unnatural to me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 617, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 609, ProfessorDrapion wrote:

If scum can't get a miselimination in the day phase, they can certainly push for no-elimination.... it benefits scum in both ways.
Like I'd rather self-hammer than allow a no-vote. In a game with long day phases (Most of my games have had 48 hour days), not having any information going into night 1/day 2 is nightmarish. It's bad enough in 48.

I am fairly sure I saw Gera bring up a day 1 no vote in a different game, but I don't remember what it was... Though I am curious now that I'm thinking about it.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

I can remember
geraintm
's
D1 is useless; I don't feel like playing in D1
kind of attitude.... not impossible for them to say no-elimination in D1 as either alignment ig.

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Crescent »

He showed favoritism towards day one no-votes in 2273, but as a single data point I wouldn't say it amounts to much. Consider curiosity sated, I guess.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and the other reason I don't vote a lot is other people tend to be vote happy and I don't feel mine is necessary to bring pressure. Admittedly I find it kind of fun to lead a train on scum and get them voted off without even voting for them myself.

Side note: MT being cautious about vote count jives with me. He accidentally hammered day 1 in 240 after I didn't announce my vote on Meg was -1 - I felt it should've been obvious given the guy was -2 for over 30 hours.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Wayward Son »

The ONLY thing stopping me from riding the Day out with a vote on Professor is his claim. IF we're both Town, we'll never be able to work together. We seem to disagree on
everything
, and that doesn't feel natural. No Town bloc there.

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Galron
is at E-1.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”