DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5500 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5499, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5485, DeasVail wrote:Unless people think I’m scum with the gamma slot…
is there an obvious reason im not remembering that would make this so unlikely

idk i feel like ive forgotten most of this game already so probably
idk from an external perspective I’d probably consider it at least possible, but gamma is pretty much the only person I’ve scumread this game with any real reasoning behind it.

It just seems wasteful to consider using an elimination on me instead of almost-certain scum, whose flip could potentially help inform reads on me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5500, DeasVail wrote:but gamma is pretty much the only person I’ve scumread this game with any real reasoning behind it.
I think this is bullshit, btw.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like, I guess I'm not really thinking deas-gamma but you did push me and GL d1 with reasoning behind it. I dunno, if you had any reason to vote Con or f you were just there but sitting there and saying that you've been pyshing people without reasoning, seems revisionist, no?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by T3 »

Prodding obscure.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5500, DeasVail wrote:It just seems wasteful to consider using an elimination on me instead of almost-certain scum, whose flip could potentially help inform reads on me
This is also inconsistent:
In post 5325, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5252, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 5105, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5104, Frogsterking wrote:
@all

FYI one argument in favor of flipping Dease is that I think it will help to sort obscure, since their main play (aside from lurking) has been their scum case of Dease. If Dease flips scum (which I think is pretty likely) then we know to evaluate obscure's progression for bus potential, and if Dease flips Town (which I'm pretty skeptical of) then I think obscure should just get shot because I think they're probably lurk scum who parked a vote on Dease.

I still believe there is likely one or more scum slot somewhere between Dann, S_S and Shea, and I can't tell who it is.
@all tldr;

I think Dease is findable is scum whereas obscure is just suspicious, and there is AI information we can get on obscure by flipping Dease, but not the other way around.
That is a somewhat convincing argument, every player in the game I've read so far is divided on Deas, the game's lulling to standstill it seems like, and obscure isn't something ppl are happy with since they're just baseline suspicious (from what I'm getting at)))

I noticed that Dann mentioned having a pocket tunnel on obscure earlier in the game, but I also saw him saying obscure never really had any meaningful pressure. So I'm wondering what obscure did earlier on, I'm assuming they just had trouble keeping up and lurked but that's not exactly a basis for Dann wanting his tunnel to be correct, so im probably missing something
I don't believe that Tweet actually thinks this is a convincing argument.
I don't really know if being inconsistent is actually AI, I just thought it was worth pointing out.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5502, Nero Cain wrote:like, I guess I'm not really thinking deas-gamma but you did push me and GL d1 with reasoning behind it. I dunno, if you had any reason to vote Con or f you were just there but sitting there and saying that you've been pyshing people without reasoning, seems revisionist, no?
Yeah you’re right, sorry. I was not thinking about my early suspicion of you and GL for some reason. Apologies.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5504, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5500, DeasVail wrote:It just seems wasteful to consider using an elimination on me instead of almost-certain scum, whose flip could potentially help inform reads on me
This is also inconsistent:
In post 5325, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5252, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 5105, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5104, Frogsterking wrote:
@all

FYI one argument in favor of flipping Dease is that I think it will help to sort obscure, since their main play (aside from lurking) has been their scum case of Dease. If Dease flips scum (which I think is pretty likely) then we know to evaluate obscure's progression for bus potential, and if Dease flips Town (which I'm pretty skeptical of) then I think obscure should just get shot because I think they're probably lurk scum who parked a vote on Dease.

I still believe there is likely one or more scum slot somewhere between Dann, S_S and Shea, and I can't tell who it is.
@all tldr;

I think Dease is findable is scum whereas obscure is just suspicious, and there is AI information we can get on obscure by flipping Dease, but not the other way around.
That is a somewhat convincing argument, every player in the game I've read so far is divided on Deas, the game's lulling to standstill it seems like, and obscure isn't something ppl are happy with since they're just baseline suspicious (from what I'm getting at)))

I noticed that Dann mentioned having a pocket tunnel on obscure earlier in the game, but I also saw him saying obscure never really had any meaningful pressure. So I'm wondering what obscure did earlier on, I'm assuming they just had trouble keeping up and lurked but that's not exactly a basis for Dann wanting his tunnel to be correct, so im probably missing something
I don't believe that Tweet actually thinks this is a convincing argument.
I don't really know if being inconsistent is actually AI, I just thought it was worth pointing out.
I’m not sure what the inconsistency is but I could be missing something
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5505, DeasVail wrote:Yeah you’re right, sorry. I was not thinking about my early suspicion of you and GL for some reason. Apologies.
:shifty:

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by scamper »

hi, i've had a busy day but i'm here

kind of out of it, if there's been any new development lmk

will try to catch up
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5506, DeasVail wrote:I’m not sure what the inconsistency is but I could be missing something
implies you don't believe prioritizing flipping scummy slots based on what they reveal about harder-to-read slots is a convincing argument. In the second paragraph of you make a very similar argument in favor of what you want yourself.

Also, is Town!Dease this apologetic?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

That's a terrible claim and like wildly unfortunate if it's somehow true lol. But it's just so convenient a scum claim that I have to consider it scum. I'm on the yeet the tweet train now
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Maybe this is unfair to think but I do kinda think Gamma is the type to soft a role like that, and I don't recall anything of the sort
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5509, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5506, DeasVail wrote:I’m not sure what the inconsistency is but I could be missing something
implies you don't believe prioritizing flipping scummy slots based on what they reveal about harder-to-read slots is a convincing argument. In the second paragraph of you make a very similar argument in favor of what you want yourself.

Oh, no 5325 is me questioning Tweet’s authenticity. Tweet’s posting did not at all give me the impression that they had actually given much thought to what my alignment meant for obscure’s and vice versa. I mean, I also disagree with the specifics of the argument in that case but that’s not as relevant

As for the apologising, I felt silly for having said something that was clearly wrong.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Busy tonight but down to kill Tweet
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5512, DeasVail wrote:

Oh, no 5325 is me questioning Tweet’s authenticity. Tweet’s posting did not at all give me the impression that they had actually given much thought to what my alignment meant for obscure’s and vice versa. I mean, I also disagree with the specifics of the argument in that case but that’s not as relevant

As for the apologising, I felt silly for having said something that was clearly wrong.
Okay. Is apologizing something you do frequently as Town though? It stood out to me in your scum games I looked at.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by scamper »

claim from tweet feels designed to buy time

mb on gamma
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5514, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5512, DeasVail wrote:

Okay. Is apologizing something you do frequently as Town though? It stood out to me in your scum games I looked at.
I honestly wouldn’t know. I think you mentioned that you’ve looked at town games of mine, so you’d probably be better positioned to answer that question
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I don't really have an opinion on the eye roll and the other reaction stuff - that seems like something Gamma would say as either alignment. I guess my biggest hang up with the lim was that Tweet claimed something that resolves tomorrow anyway.

But I don't disagree that Tweet's posting has felt flat, so short of flashwagoning someone else, I'm not going to fight it that much
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5103, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5099, Frogsterking wrote:I could use more information about how you search for AI stuff.
My primary tool is asking myself whether, if someone did a particular behavior deliberately, they would expect to be townread for it. Generally scum will not do things that they anticipate will get them scumread, whereas town are far more likely to not care.

This method does not work in reverse-- plenty of townies will do things that they expect may net them townreads. In fact I find there are very few things that are likely to come from scum that are highly unlikely to come from town, which is why my scum leanings are almost always very mild, where they do exist.
FTR I Townread S_S for this post with a
very low
level of certainty. I have no rationale for why this may be AI, my read is based purely on intuition.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5511, GuiltyLion wrote:I do kinda think Gamma is the type to soft a role like that
I'm not really sure where this comes from.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to get this hammered.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5517, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
I don't really have an opinion on the eye roll and the other reaction stuff - that seems like something Gamma would say as either alignment. I guess my biggest hang up with the lim was that Tweet claimed something that resolves tomorrow anyway.

But I don't disagree that Tweet's posting has felt flat, so short of flashwagoning someone else, I'm not going to fight it that much
I'm down VOTE: Dease :lol:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5520, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5517, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I'm down VOTE: Dease :lol:
Breadcrumb is is something
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im prob not gonna be around much tomorrow so it would be kinda nice if it was nighttime

i think tweet popping in just to claim a very convenient role and then dipping again is p scummy

don't really want to run someone else up, we've had enough claims today
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 5519, Nero Cain wrote:
I'm not sure why it's so hard to get this hammered.
I’m with you on this one
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: morning tweet

idk morning tweet takes pride in her town game from my conception of her

I would expect at least some effort to leave behind some reads or impact on this game even if she knew her time was short lived

And I’d doubly expect more effort if she was such a valuable role?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”