He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1274, Roden wrote:
In post 1270, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1267, Roden wrote:Can you just tell me what you're actually accusing me of here

Because right now you're having a conversation but it's not with me
She is saying that your role is bad, and any townie would have chosen to not use their ability.

And since you used your ability, you must be scum.
Why...do I bring up my role or how useless it is then? Like, willingly, as scum, unprompted?
Ok but why did you bring it up?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1273, furtiveglance wrote:It's talking about a nightkill in a conversational way, and the obvious implication is that you would never nightkill Petapan because you were about to vote them. It's you giving yourself towncred and broadcasting it, like Obama with the medal.
Sure, that's why I might do it as scum. Why do you think I wouldn't be likely to do it as town? (Also, don't you think I would find that rather heavy-handed, as I voted peta yesterday but didn't actually express any scumread of him?)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1275, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1267, Roden wrote:Can you just tell me what you're actually accusing me of here

She is saying that your role is bad, and any townie would have chosen to not use their ability.

Why...do I bring up my role or how useless it is then? Like, willingly, as scum, unprompted?
Because I targeted someone who died and you literally asked me to clarify?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:45 am

In post 1276, Something_Smart wrote:Sure, that's why I might do it as scum. Why do you think I wouldn't be likely to do it as town? (Also, don't you think I would find that rather heavy-handed, as I voted peta yesterday but didn't actually express any scumread of him?)
And actually, given how odd it is for me to vote someone at the beginning of the day, I don't think I would expect to get towncred from that. That seems like it would have been a correct expectation, because nobody has called it towny and you've called it directly scummy. It would be a poor and facile attempt at towncred, and my towncred grabs are usually a lot more layered than that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Roden »

If I got seen by a Tracker or Watcher it's a better play for town to just say I targeted someone who died than to let a town PR potentially out themself with a false guilty
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1276, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1273, furtiveglance wrote:It's talking about a nightkill in a conversational way, and the obvious implication is that you would never nightkill Petapan because you were about to vote them. It's you giving yourself towncred and broadcasting it, like Obama with the medal.
Sure, that's why I might do it as scum. Why do you think I wouldn't be likely to do it as town? (Also, don't you think I would find that rather heavy-handed, as I voted peta yesterday but didn't actually express any scumread of him?)
I guess you could do it as town. Yeah it would be sort of heavy-handed as mafia. But neither of these things indicate that you're town more than being mafia. Why do you keep lowering the bar for yourself by saying your towngame is super neutral and pedestrian? I mean posts like and . (I thought there were more like this in your ISO but couldn't find any). You've given a few reads but haven't been the most gung-ho.

Talk more about
1) your read on Mastina
2) Scumpool/likely vote destination today
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1264, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1256, Ausuka wrote:Roden is talking as if his role PM looks something like this

If it did, I mean, why not use your ability?
I have seen several people ask why he would use his ability if he is town, but it feels you are skipping past how little productivity he claimed that it needed.

ngl, if I had a PR that only needed 5% I'm not really sure that I would not have ended up using it even if its bad, on the basis of "well its just 5%." With 17 townies alive, that is as a shift of the town average by -0.29% -- which does feel kinda irrelevant.

Like it only affects the scum kill count if the town is exactly inside the 75.00%-75.29% | 50.00%-50.29% | 25.00% - 25.29% before considering him.

5% would actually be irrelevant in 99.13% of all possible town productivity levels.
I guess it doesn't matter that much but I just fundamentally disagree with this line of thinking. Sure you might not individually make much difference but cumulatively people thinking this way can absolutely give mafia free kills
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1277, Roden wrote:

I asked you to clarify, after you already let the cat out of the bag. That doesn't mean I asked you whether or not you had a cat, and to release it if you did have one. Were you planning on Petapan backing you up? Why should they, your role could be mafia.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Roden »

Ausuka I don't believe that you think -5% out of 1700% actually matters

If you did you would've lost your mind the moment Mastina said she would do 0% productivity
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Ausuka »

I am hoping she has an extremely good reason for doing so
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1282, furtiveglance wrote:

I asked you to clarify, after you already let the cat out of the bag. That doesn't mean I asked you whether or not you had a cat, and to release it if you did have one. Were you planning on Petapan backing you up? Why should they, your role could be mafia.
Why would I think Peta would back me up??
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, I think that I am here (Tiers unsorted)

Ausuka
furtiveglance
Roden
Vivax
Klick
fireisredsir
Ydrasse
Andresvmb
Malakittens

Uncrowned
jjh927
Something_Smart
PenguinPower

RCEnigma

Titus
mastina

I think that Mastina is actually always scum here, but I also don't think that anyone is going to consider voting her prior to her finishing her day 4 schtick
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1285, Roden wrote:

I thought the implication was that you anticipated some pressure today, saw that the other player who could attest to your role was dead and decided to claim your role.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1284, Ausuka wrote:I am hoping she has an extremely good reason for doing so
Scum response
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1288, Roden wrote:
In post 1284, Ausuka wrote:I am hoping she has an extremely good reason for doing so
Scum response
Lol
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1287, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1285, Roden wrote:

I thought the implication was that you anticipated some pressure today, saw that the other player who could attest to your role was dead and decided to claim your role.
In post 1279, Roden wrote:If I got seen by a Tracker or Watcher it's a better play for town to just say I targeted someone who died than to let a town PR potentially out themself with a false guilty
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1281, Ausuka wrote:I guess it doesn't matter that much but I just fundamentally disagree with this line of thinking. Sure you might not individually make much difference but cumulatively people thinking this way can absolutely give mafia free kills
I understand your point. Running that role at 100% productivity is probably optimal.

But I also don't think that it is unreasonable for him to have come to the conclusion that his own 5% didn't matter because it was so low.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:57 am

In post 1280, furtiveglance wrote:But neither of these things indicate that you're town more than being mafia.
Well, I think the second post that I made argues that that post is actually town-indicative for me, but you'd have to know me very well to believe it so I wouldn't expect you to. I was at least just trying to understand the reasoning to see if I could change your mind about it being scum-indicative.
In post 1280, furtiveglance wrote:Why do you keep lowering the bar for yourself by saying your towngame is super neutral and pedestrian?
Well, I wouldn't say that's what is-- there was a post that I thought implied that I was especially known for wagon analysis. I can do it, sure, but I'm not an expert at it or anything. is just the truth, lol. My towngame is pretty neutral and pedestrian.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1289, Ausuka wrote:
Scum response
Lol
-5% is scummy

-100% earns a shrug

That's not a townie thought process
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

For what its worth Roden, I feel like the way that Ausuka has been questioning you looks townie, even if she is wrong.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1286, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, I think that I am here (Tiers unsorted)

Ausuka
furtiveglance
Roden
Vivax
Klick
fireisredsir
Ydrasse
Andresvmb
Malakittens

Uncrowned
jjh927
Something_Smart
PenguinPower

RCEnigma

Titus
mastina

I think that Mastina is actually always scum here, but I also don't think that anyone is going to consider voting her prior to her finishing her day 4 schtick
Nice area tag, I should use that. A few Qs, Why Malakittens high? Why Uncrowned untowned? JJH posted enough for a read on D1, a townread I think, but at least an alignment read. And lastly.... I could vote Mastina today, if she continues being so opaque.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1291, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1281, Ausuka wrote:I guess it doesn't matter that much but I just fundamentally disagree with this line of thinking. Sure you might not individually make much difference but cumulatively people thinking this way can absolutely give mafia free kills
I understand your point. Running that role at 100% productivity is probably optimal.

But I also don't think that it is unreasonable for him to have come to the conclusion that his own 5% didn't matter because it was so low.
Yeah I mean I'm just voting him because I think he's been scummy now which is also the reason I did it in the first place so
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:01 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1294, Lukewarm wrote:For what its worth Roden, I feel like the way that Ausuka has been questioning you looks townie, even if she is wrong.
I don't think she's questioning me at all. It's busy work with clear intent to get me with a "gotcha" moment without doing anything to actually solve me or try to read me.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1293, Roden wrote:
In post 1289, Ausuka wrote:
Scum response
Lol
-5% is scummy

-100% earns a shrug

That's not a townie thought process
After I realised you used the 5% version I haven't called it scummy once
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1295, furtiveglance wrote:Nice area tag, I should use that. A few Qs, Why Malakittens high? Why Uncrowned untowned? JJH posted enough for a read on D1, a townread I think, but at least an alignment read. And lastly.... I could vote Mastina today, if she continues being so opaque.
Mala is mostly vibes. She also had a bit of prickliness day 1 that seemed less likely to come from scum wanting to get people to town read her.

I have retained zero thoughts about any post untowned has made. Probably deserves an ISO, but have not gotten there.

Every post that I remember from JJH was about mechs, which seems like something he would want to talk about as either alignment. Also someone that an ISO might help clear up, but right now he is there.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”