Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:07 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1448, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1447, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1445, Ausuka wrote:I mean you linked to posts from day 1 which you claimed showed that I was walking it back so that doesn't seem like what you actually believe?
providing additional reasons for why you would be playing differently, while it did draw my attention to you seeming to not have a consistent mindset, is v different than walking the original statement back completely and saying that you were in no way intending to imply that you were playing differently for strategic reasons

and im p sure if you had done that d1 then peta would have jumped on you for it
except I never said that and obviously saying that I'm busier is basically the same thing as what I'm saying now so ???

It really feels like you're making this up. I understand why someone would be suspicious of me in a vacuum but this argument feels like you started at the premise "ausuka is scum" and then made up reasoning to reach that viewpoint. Like, why would I use different strategies for targeting peta - someone I have never even played with outside marathon games - than anyone else???
ok my initial reaction was to be frustrated with this, but after sitting back and thinking on it, it feels like it's possible that i might just be reading a lot more into some of your phrasing than you were probably intending?

and the fact that you seem to still not be understanding the nuance makes me think you might actually just be town bc idk if this is the approach that you take if you were scum who does actually know what im talking about

ill drop it for now ig

VOTE: RCE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Scrolled through Nero Cain's iso to see who might want Nero dead, and gotta say. It is absolutely wild that Nero and Peta were both killed in a town Vivax world.
In post 921, Nero Cain wrote:How come RNG is so cruel and wouldn't grant me bullets? I'd give petapans left foot to see a dead Vivax
But also, I could see the scum team thinking Nero was a vig, although the "softs" were pretty loud to be real. But if they did believe it, it might have had more to do with that then any of his reads.

I names I found that he might want dead are :
Ircher, Vivax,
Mala, Titus, Mastina

Spoiler:
In post 915, Nero Cain wrote:this is a dumb post and totes not what he said.

If anything, Mastina is bussing him.
In post 503, Nero Cain wrote:Wouldn't be the first time Titus bussed her teammate
In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:ircher, mala and vivax.

Peta was
Vivax
Ausuka, Titus

In post 361, petapan wrote:bad vibes:

vivax
ausuka
titus

(latter two stronger than the former where i may not have a grasp of playstyle)
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1451, Lukewarm wrote:Scrolled through Nero Cain's iso to see who might want Nero dead, and gotta say. It is absolutely wild that Nero and Peta were both killed in a town Vivax world.
In post 921, Nero Cain wrote:How come RNG is so cruel and wouldn't grant me bullets? I'd give petapans left foot to see a dead Vivax
But also, I could see the scum team thinking Nero was a vig, although the "softs" were pretty loud to be real. But if they did believe it, it might have had more to do with that then any of his reads.

I names I found that he might want dead are :
Ircher, Vivax,
Mala, Titus, Mastina

Spoiler:
In post 915, Nero Cain wrote:this is a dumb post and totes not what he said.

If anything, Mastina is bussing him.
In post 503, Nero Cain wrote:Wouldn't be the first time Titus bussed her teammate
In post 639, Nero Cain wrote:ircher, mala and vivax.

Peta was
Vivax
Ausuka, Titus

In post 361, petapan wrote:bad vibes:

vivax
ausuka
titus

(latter two stronger than the former where i may not have a grasp of playstyle)
Damn I've gotten lazy. Thanks. Tbh I need to get my mind to other things than mafia and am slacking heavily and getting my soul sucked in by this thing too much, but that's just the nature of the matter called internet, or leviathan maybe, or jormungandr, or python.
I keep wondering if various religions kept talking about this thing, I could see it.

So what do you think of just lazy inheriting Ausuka and Titus SR's here? Considering how Nero was threatening me most of the time, one could assume the reads would have been a good motivator for scum to shoot him.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Vivax »

If you're in the mood for some introspection, assign the attribute:
Bites the hands that feeds to players in this game while you are at it too
and decide if it's a virtue or a sin

or don't, it's of no relevance to me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I just want to say that the way that Mastina approached Ircher is the text book way that scum!Mastina engages with her scum partners.

Scum!Mastina talking about her scum buddies, scum!Ircher and scum!cephrir in Control. (I know these posts are in the 400's, but they are all in the first like 5 posts mastina made in the game. It kinda took off while she was busy)

Spoiler:
In post 493, mastina wrote:
In post 5, Ircher wrote:First
VOTE: MUSH
In post 18, Cephrir wrote:Good evening
VOTE: Bell
Scum.
In post 498, mastina wrote:
Bell
Save The Dragons
The Three Bears (Titus, Flea the Magician, Noraa)
NorwegianboyEE
Tet
Roden
tictac
Malakittens
Lady Lambdadelta

Dwlee99
Princess Elodie
Greeting

T3

MUSHSHAGANA
Toogeloo

Galron
MegAzumarill

Arcade Pals (Dunnstral, MariaR)

Ircher
Cephrir

Kinda surprised that I genuinely have a good readslist from literally just two pages but this is genuinely seriously actually a good readslist imo.
Coloring is mine, but Cephrir, Ircher, and Aracde Pals are her partners.
In post 621, mastina wrote:This is, very obviously, Cephrir's scumgame. LLD was dead on the money with her accusation there. If I wasn't sheeping LLD's vote on Ircher I'd be voting Ceph to be honest because he's transparently scum and has been since page two.

This is, very obviously, not Ircher's towngame. LLD's suspicion there is dead on the money and her accusation there is good, so I am all too happy to sheep her there because she's right.

Arcade Pals instantly gave off incredibly bad vibes and while they're not as lockscum as Ircher and Cephrir are, they're still pretty damn suspect.

??!Mastina talking about scum!Ircher in this game:
Spoiler:
In post 30, mastina wrote:
In post 15, Ircher wrote:VOTE: Ausuka
VOTE: Ircher

Scum.
In post 104, mastina wrote:
In post 71, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 70, mastina wrote:
In post 49, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 48, mastina wrote:Btw Roden is scum here pretty sure.
Because they didn’t read carefully enough?
No, because I've played with Roden enough to know that this isn’t Rodens towngame.
Roden is also not likely to genuinely make the mistake as town.
Beyond that, the contribution is generically a scum one regardless of the above.
is this premise the same one behind your ircher vote
The bolded, no. But the rest actually is;
this is Ircher's scumgame and I don't think he makes the entrance he did here if he were town.
In post 105, mastina wrote: I respect it, but I don't townread it. Nero's not being as obtuse/obstinate as his town self normally is.
He's not exactly as hard-scum as Ircher/Roden are
, but he's not above null yet.

And here is every post that Ircher made before she was 1,000% sure that Ircher was scum (3 of them)

Spoiler:
In post 15, Ircher wrote:VOTE: Ausuka
In post 19, Ircher wrote:As long as we achieve 1,275 points out of 1,700 points each day, we will be fine. If mastina is setting hers to 0%, then we need to average 80 points per player to avoid the extra night kills.
In post 20, Ircher wrote:I think we should end the day at 50 pages.

And to be clear, she not once mentions the tmi aspect of his second post.

I struggle to believe that town!Mastina actually has this level of certainty on her Ircher read without that, and I think it makes much more sense that this is a patent pending, Mastina designed, scum/scum partner interaction.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1452, Vivax wrote:Damn I've gotten lazy. Thanks. Tbh I need to get my mind to other things than mafia and am slacking heavily and getting my soul sucked in by this thing too much, but that's just the nature of the matter called internet, or leviathan maybe, or jormungandr, or python.
I keep wondering if various religions kept talking about this thing, I could see it.

So what do you think of just lazy inheriting Ausuka and Titus SR's here?
I think that they are worth considering, but I don't just blindly accept others reads.

Peta's talked a lot about his Titus read, and as such I understood, and agreed with it. So, his read is part of my own read atp. But when pressed on the Ausuka read, he kinda fell back into "well, its just vibes really" so, while the Peta kill does not point away from Ausuka, I am not really factoring it into my own read of the slot.
Considering how Nero was threatening me most of the time, one could assume the reads would have been a good motivator for scum to shoot him.
I cannot actually tell if this is sarcastic or not lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Well honestly from that, I feel even better about following mastina on Roden :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If you already scum read Roden, then mastina being scum should probably not affect it, or vice versa.

But Mastina does not bus every partner every game. Control is just the most egregious example I know of lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1457, Lukewarm wrote:If you already scum read Roden, then mastina being scum should probably not affect it, or vice versa.
Yeah, that's kinda how I was feeling. I feel sketchy on both of them, Uncrowned was asking if I was worried about mastina pushing mislims with the free time I want to give her, and the answer was "not really".
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Vivax »

VOTE: Lukewarm

meh
the tone is just off, isn‘t it supposed to be good?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Vivax »

I think it‘s going to be impossible for me to ever TR Luke this game.
It‘s a miracle if they can townread themselves. Everything about them spells self-doubt
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Vivax »

And ‚I don‘t just blindly accept other‘s reads‘ is funny in context

Aside from you just having summarized them for no reason that would be relevant to you, then?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1459, Vivax wrote:VOTE: Lukewarm

meh
You're not getting this one. Putting aside your own thoughts, surely the logic of leading on mafia granting players temporary immunity is a healthy one for a town win.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1462, furtiveglance wrote:

meh
You're not getting this one. Putting aside your own thoughts, surely the logic of leading on mafia granting players temporary immunity is a healthy one for a town win.
not getting this one today I should say
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1461, Vivax wrote:And ‚I don‘t just blindly accept other‘s reads‘ is funny in context

Aside from you just having summarized them for no reason that would be relevant to you, then?
There is a difference between checking to see who might have a reason to want them dead, and
In post 1461, Vivax wrote:just lazy inheriting Ausuka and Titus SR's here?
If you don't see the difference, that's a you problem.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1462, furtiveglance wrote:

meh
I‘ll use my vote symbolically then, which was kinda the point of my mafia games anyway, which is to unmask by virtue of real action in the virtuality of the realm of lies.
My academic friend is enthralled with me for this feat.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1460, Vivax wrote:I think it‘s going to be impossible for me to ever TR Luke this game.
It‘s a miracle if they can townread themselves. Everything about them spells self-doubt
It feels like you have repeatedly misunderstood what I was doing and why I was doing it, then asking questions based on your own misunderstanding, then calling me obviously scum because my response does not line up with that misunderstanding. Before your claim, I thought it was purposeful. But I guess not. Almost feels like we talk different languages.

Which is kinda frustrating on its own, but also you apparently have the ability to kill me out right. So that's double the fun.

I am accepting that you just kill me tonight, and I am gonna try and get all my thoughts out before the day ends. Feel free to not respond to me at all, and then kill me tonight. Engaging with you is draining and I have not really enjoyed any interaction we have had. So, I'm gonna tune you out until I am dead. And then you are probably dead too, and then we can commiserate at the fact that we both lock!scum read the other this game from the dead thread.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Please bare with me. I just found out work is having me on a very long road trip.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Vivax »

That‘s a very diplomatic and reasonable approach, but I have to holster tonight anyways I think.
The only thing I commiserate is dawdling earlier, and playing too many games. I don‘t get paid for this after all and will need some place without internet soon to untrain all this scrolling.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1241, RCEnigma wrote:Mastina would you be interested in making a deal with me that benefits you twofold?
In post 1240, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1169, Andresvmb wrote:Okay, if Roden is Town, I would say… {Titus, RCEnigma, Uncrowned} for Scum maybe?
Awful pool.
In post 1239, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1148, Roden wrote:
In post 1136, Andresvmb wrote:You’re using the NK to justify your vote, which is always suspect (it’s like you haven’t even considered that Scum make kills to confuse / frame the Town). But the single most important way you’re pointing to for identifying Scum in the game from day play conflicts directly with that vote. The fact that you’re not even acknowledging that is bizarre.
I'm voting Titus because it's a read on how she plays the game as scum. She kills threats and stays low key. I can scum read her independently of how I think the scum team played around Ircher's slip. If you think that's a scummy thought process then you're gonna have to explain why because I don't get it.
I don’t hate this Titus read. Of all the Titus!scumreads this game this is the only one that doesn’t come off as BS. That said I think you’re missing the mark regardless. Titus I town here and I’d bet Fire’s life on it.

In game ofc.
What‘s the deal with betting fire‘s life?
Considering it‘s in the shortlist of Enigma at that point, one could think he‘s outing himself and fire.

VOTE: RCEnigma

Sigh...Why do I always reject votes on too obvious ones. It‘s hardcoded
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Titus »

Catching up now.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1016, Ausuka wrote:Specifically I'd like titus to elaborate on why she thought Ircher is scum without buying into the TMI argument - she votes him without really pushing there and then says 'dude's not town'

Her progression around ircher and linking him with SS just feels sort of awkward, imo
Part of it was bluster. I suspected Ircher wasn't town based on the fact I had initial townreads on the other wagons. If those two wagons were town, then it's likely a scum diversion. Doubly so given I didn't feel town off Ircher's posting.

Giving a strong opinion can elicit reactions. My posturing would have the effect of either a) making it near impossible to get a counterwagon going without defending Ircher or b) whiteknights of Ircher (if he was town).

When I got FoSed for pushing Ircher by multiple slots, I knew I was on the right track. I doubled down. I didn't want to be obvtown anyway, doubly so if it meant scum getting away.

After I catch up, I'll eyeball some VCA.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1031, fireisredsir wrote:it might have only been 2 kills. BBT just seems really weird as a kill to me based on their lack of content, unless they're known to be a good player who just hadnt turned it on yet? i don't know them enough to know if that makes sense as a fearkill

i really would hope that nobody would spend enough productivity points to n1 hero shot vig but i also wouldn't be that surprised

nero and peta kills both make sense as NKs tho
Agree with this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1034, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 154, Titus wrote:I like Ydrasse as town based on how things have progressed so far.
can you explain what made you think this? quoting the vc makes it seem like it was based on that but i don't really get it
Quoting the VC was explaining why Ircher. Getting 4 small wagons is unlikely to be all town. Sometimes, but not often, multiple scum can be wagoned. See that game where I was in the Nashville Dreams hydra. (Which reminds me Mala's probably town.)

Ydrasse was leading the group in scumhunting early so the wagon on them made no sense. The Auska wagon was wtf. Mastina is rarely someone to vote N1, even with no claim. That left Ircher as a great place to sort.

I'm shocked neither Ydrasse Ausuka or mastina died. Suggests a blatant denial of vca info since at least Ydrasse and mastina are universal TRs.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1040, Andresvmb wrote:I would game that there’s one Scum in {Vivax, PenguinPower}. And mastina not dying is both expected and not a good sign.
Why bet the game on the scum in there? I think Vivax claimed vig. PenguinPower lockscum doesn't seem to follow.

Why is mastina not dying a "bad sign"? It's too early to determine what's a sign.

Who is town?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”