Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5572, T3 wrote:Enchant died in the night. He was a Town Universal Backup.
I'm not upset about this by the way! TPRs get shot/blown up, it happens, it's their job :P
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5665, Thestatusquo wrote:Like are we not going to talk about frogsterkings play at the end of the day at all? We're just going to go right back to something smart when frogsterking did basically "try to save my buddy and then hammer when it becomes clear I cant 101"
we are on differing wavelengths this game it seems

i was starting to distrust frog yesterday because i thought he was pushing people in a potentially disingenuous manner

im not like, sure he plays that way around the MT wagon though but i'll go back and check

admittedly part of it was i think obscure seems somewhat more likely than him based on gammas posts
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5676, scamper wrote:i was starting to distrust frog yesterday because i thought he was pushing people in a potentially disingenuous manner
I can see why you would think that, I'm surprised you jumped to the conclusion I'm scum for pushing Dann rather than Town pushing Dann because I have a good read or I believe it's good because of primacy bias.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5675, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not upset about this by the way! TPRs get shot/blown up, it happens, it's their job
I mean, they would have inherited vig and become conftown otherwise...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

~_~
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5678, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5675, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not upset about this by the way! TPRs get shot/blown up, it happens, it's their job
I mean, they would have inherited vig and become conftown otherwise...
on second thought im kind of glad enchant didnt become a vig
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

FWIW Enchant successfully shot the traitor in the large normal I played with them last, I'm not trying to dis Enchant, I just think TPRs act scummy sometimes because of their role and it gets them killed by Town instead of scum, and we can probably win this game on dayplay anyway.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Who are you scumreading, S_S?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Unsure.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Didn't really feel like deep diving in light of the Gamma/MT flip when there was a decent chance I got vigged.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

How did everyone know csf was an even night vig?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:35 pm

It was pretty obvious when HEM said he couldn't shoot N1 but could shoot N2 and marci said she thought HEM had a modifier that fit in with hers.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i actually cant believe enchant got shot though

he was in his ssilly little town meta
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:37 pm

For reference, was me figuring out that it was odd/even vigs.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5684, Something_Smart wrote:Didn't really feel like deep diving in light of the Gamma/MT flip when there was a decent chance I got vigged.
It's a sign. You've been given a second chance. It will probably be helpful if you check because apparently it's still a minority of players who believe Tweet was getting bussed hard and I'm unsure how to narrow it down.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I mean I definitely think Tweet being bussed is a possibility and I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't a scum on the wagon

but I'm not sure it super felt like a scum driven wagon

the speed with which it came up kinda felt more like, hey the day is close to ending and town found something to settle on and feel kinda good about

so with that context I'm not sure scum would necessarily be in a great position to bus and I wouldn't necessarily assume Tweet was "heavily" bussed yesterday
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2597, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2588, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm really interested in what people think about what i think about obscure.

Because i was not happy when i came to the conclusions i did. So sanity checks appreciated.
It’s not bad I think
I wasn’t really scanning for excessive noob card usage but from your scan it seems that was going on and I’ve def seen scum use it to great effect
This was the one post I found during night phase that I thought was vaguely anti-partnery between Gamma and obscure. I did not dream it after-all!

But I seem to have missed the rest of his interactions with/about obscure because I largely agree with GL's analysis that it doesn't look great. But this post in particular I thought looked fine in isolation.

I don't really think it means much in context of Gamma's entire trajectory on obscure

also like the fact that gamma *never* votes obscure but does vote HEM and Shea with ease? despite my hardcore campaigning for obscure?? not amazing
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2766, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2726, Thestatusquo wrote:The dogpiling jokes aside I will give something_smart a chance to get involved in the game I suppose.

VOTE: Gamma

Gamma who are the scum and why
Marci
One of you/obscure
humaneatingmonkey
And maybe someone else
also GL commented on this post but in general I tend to think scum can't resist putting a buddy in their "solve" when asked for a scum team or a list of scum reads. even when they are down a buddy. even when their team isn't in a good position.

I think there's a psychological thing where unless you're an extremely confident player you feel like you're gonna get caught out or feel incredible if you list all town reads. despite the fact that their alignments may all be unknown at the time there's a fear that when they are all flipped you're going to look extremely bad.

so in general I'd expect 1 scum in Marci/HEM/Shea/Menalque

and I don't think it is Shea
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

that's more of a reach in assumption but I think it's true? I should probably do the work and back it up with numbers at some point
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3509, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2844, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2840, Nero Cain wrote:redfire what are your reads rn?
prob most interested in looking for scum in dann, shea, SS, marci rn. a slight level below that would be xofelf and gamma

strongest TRs on ausuka, scamper, you. not quite as strong on datisi, hem, obscure, ydra, frog. then DV and GL are kinda weak townleans ig

i think thats everyone
okay this is funny
our strongest TRs line up but aside from that there's notable variance
I think I'll pencil in fire as town for this
this is such a horrible town read that it has to be anti-partnery right?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4126, Frogsterking wrote:The problem with Gamma is that they're in a similar category as HEM, they're Towned by IIRC scamper and also by Ari posthumously.
frogster have you ever done this thing before where you go around asking widely town read players for their reads lists and then average their reads lists as some type of bible??

it strikes me as... really weird. even for you? please let me know if this is something you do with any regularity or you if you just picked it up for this game

if you just decided to do it this game. why?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I am starting to think this could just be obscure/frogster
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

mmm maybe that doesn't make complete sense based on Gamma's iso
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 pm

In post 5694, Dannflor wrote:this is such a horrible town read that it has to be anti-partnery right?
It seems kinda pockety yeah
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5695, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4126, Frogsterking wrote:The problem with Gamma is that they're in a similar category as HEM, they're Towned by IIRC scamper and also by Ari posthumously.
frogster have you ever done this thing before where you go around asking widely town read players for their reads lists and then average their reads lists as some type of bible??

it strikes me as... really weird. even for you? please let me know if this is something you do with any regularity or you if you just picked it up for this game

if you just decided to do it this game. why?
Do you know anything about how Google's algorithm works yes or no?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”