Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like if Gamma is actually the original one dropping a random unprompted "will explain later" vote on Eiralox, that makes me think Gamma/Eiralox is not S-S

if Relly then memes that phrasing in direct response for his Gamma vote, it doesn't mean anything, cause I could see that as cheeky scum!Relly voting Gamma using her original vote as a joke reference
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ok i went and dealt with my paranoia about ausuka

nvm about that if anyone cared
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6126, Dannflor wrote:ok i went and dealt with my paranoia about ausuka

What happened?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by scamper »

i have almost no townreads i feel confident about beyond the consensus ones which is fun™. i had GL but the recent pages gave me Doubts and now im a bit adrift

if we can correctly trim the poe down to 6 names we should be good but there's a lot to review
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I kinda like S_S's attempt to read me?

I mean maybe it is just designed to pocket me specifically but it felt nice
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 6128, Frogsterking wrote:

What happened?
Ausuka's WIM has fallen off a lot and I think that can happen a lot with deep wolf positions and then just no one ever reevaluates

but I reread and decided my fears were unfounded
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6104, Ydrasse wrote:[s_s, fire, guilty, mena, frogster, deas]

find town in here game easy
Okay the optimal sequence here is to eliminate Menalque and then look for the busser tomorrow. Let me know what I can do to speed this process up.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scum vote each other all the time and I don't think Relly saying that he'll "explain later" is something that scum could never do.

I do feel like scum do vote town with explanations like "will explain later" but we know Gamma was scum (and Rellys reason was weak) is it not possible that Relly was just attempting to make Gamma look like town should he flip?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've cooled on the idea of a fireisred vote

I liked Menalque's entry and I liked that Shea had the same reaction in , like that post basically exactly aligned with my feelings

so if Shea is town then I feel like my intuition + another townie having the same response is good reason to not vote Menalque
if Shea is scum then I find that more likely to be a white-knighty read
either universe makes me not want to vote Mena

I don't know if scum!Frogster does a whole dog and pony show about digging into whether scum!GL unvotes obscure the way he did

I don't really have any votes that call to me other than Smart, but I don't have anything damning on Smart, just the fact that his playstyle is hard to townread and I didn't vibe with FB and that I've been stuck with that slot in my POE the whole game

so uh, yeah
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yes I think the point is that interaction is not clearing for relly/gamma
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6131, Dannflor wrote:
In post 6128, Frogsterking wrote:

What happened?
Ausuka's WIM has fallen off a lot and I think that can happen a lot with deep wolf positions and then just no one ever reevaluates

but I reread and decided my fears were unfounded
I think it's NAI due to starting University. if you read some of their most recent posts they legit read like they're tired enough they can barely post.

Is there a legit reason you have against voting Menalque or my theory that scum got PoE'd on D1?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6135, Dannflor wrote:yes I think the point is that interaction is not clearing for relly/gamma
GL's point was that it WAS.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6133, Nero Cain wrote:scum vote each other all the time and I don't think Relly saying that he'll "explain later" is something that scum could never do.

I do feel like scum do vote town with explanations like "will explain later" but we know Gamma was scum (and Rellys reason was weak) is it not possible that Relly was just attempting to make Gamma look like town should he flip?
no, my point was that it WOULD HAVE BEEN if Gamma hadn't said the same thing like 10 posts prior
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oops, quote bug, was responding more to

but yeah I think - had Gamma not said the exact same thing earlier - scum voting each other would have more of an agenda to it, especially since Relly had been voicing a scumread/desire to vote Gamma throughout but hadn't explained it in any capacity up to that point.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5881, Menalque wrote:
In post 5879, Datisi wrote:
In post 5875, Datisi wrote:
In post 5871, Menalque wrote:I've seen him in scum games and I'm pretty sure that after my first hiatus he was scum in a game that skitter and S_S (and lowkey maybe you?) were also in, and while I think town won I think he was convincingly a lot more engaged for a long time than he normally is as town
oh shit yes i was there, that's right
ok i kinda skimmed his iso there

and i do say that he was more involved there than here

however, that game still feels like much less involvement for him than holiday dance party was, and firebringer was my strongest townread in holiday dance party

so overall i deem the fact he's not present a lot Not Clearing - especially as he claimed to have been busy during d1
I take it he was town in holiday dance party?
In post 5880, Menalque wrote:
In post 5877, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5871, Menalque wrote:
In post 5864, Datisi wrote:
In post 5796, Menalque wrote:fb was lowkey nowhere near excited enough about the game (esp in a Pl that he likes and knows people in) to be scum, it's just a couple of jokes and a lot of bland and then I assume he repped out
have you ever actually played with scum-firebringer to know this? i know it's a popular joke, but still
I've seen him in scum games and I'm pretty sure that after my first hiatus he was scum in a game that skitter and S_S (and lowkey maybe you?) were also in, and while I think town won I think he was convincingly a lot more engaged for a long time than he normally is as town
In post 5865, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5861, Menalque wrote:
In post 5854, Ausuka wrote:T3 made this game as a reaction test

Also we can be friends I guess Mena I feel like your response was probably town

If you betray me I will cry
I would never, I am the towniest lil townboi there is
In post 5821, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5818, Menalque wrote:hence why I'm not yelling at scamper about game throwing
This is a scum response.
hang on, explain this
I've seen the "I don't know why you're doing this town but you must have a good reason so I'm not accusing you of game throwing" response way more from scum than town. I feel like town has more of an inclination to get immediately angry whereas scum tries to remain calm and try to figure a way out. Shrug.

Specifically the verbiage "this is weird you're not throwing" to me comes from scum way more often then town in these spots, just as a personal experience sort of thing.
firstly, I am trying to turn over a new, chilled out leaf and to continue on my path to tranquility

secondly, this initially pinged me as v performative seeing as I was basically 100% dead there as scum and so calling out anything I said as "scummy" seemed redundant if you were legitimately convinced I was. idk how scum!me would be figuring out a way out there and so I couldn't see how you would think that's what I was doing, but if it's more that just the non-angry vibe was reminiscent of prior scum reactions I suppose that makes sense
I didn't have a particular reason when I did the thing, I was reacting. I saw a bunch of posts in the pedit of the iso dive I did on frogsterking, said "eh, those are probably just nonsense." and then came into the thread to see shit raining down from the sky. Then I reacted to that shit.

I think that post would really only be performative in the way you're suggesting if we're buddies though. Like if you're town and I'm scum why would I make that post?
because ironically I think that when scum are ~around~ at the time that someone is getting wagoned and they don't wanna duck thread I've often seen them go for statements like "this is a scum claim" "this always comes from scum" "this is a scum reaction" to have some involvement in the shindig and I guess sometimes to play into looking like they're uninformed?
In post 5878, Menalque wrote:
In post 5873, Thestatusquo wrote:animal crossing.
oh gotcha
In post 5872, Menalque wrote:what is acnh
In post 5871, Menalque wrote:
In post 5864, Datisi wrote:
In post 5796, Menalque wrote:fb was lowkey nowhere near excited enough about the game (esp in a Pl that he likes and knows people in) to be scum, it's just a couple of jokes and a lot of bland and then I assume he repped out
have you ever actually played with scum-firebringer to know this? i know it's a popular joke, but still
I've seen him in scum games and I'm pretty sure that after my first hiatus he was scum in a game that skitter and S_S (and lowkey maybe you?) were also in, and while I think town won I think he was convincingly a lot more engaged for a long time than he normally is as town
In post 5865, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5861, Menalque wrote:
In post 5854, Ausuka wrote:T3 made this game as a reaction test

Also we can be friends I guess Mena I feel like your response was probably town

If you betray me I will cry
I would never, I am the towniest lil townboi there is
In post 5821, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5818, Menalque wrote:hence why I'm not yelling at scamper about game throwing
This is a scum response.
hang on, explain this
I've seen the "I don't know why you're doing this town but you must have a good reason so I'm not accusing you of game throwing" response way more from scum than town. I feel like town has more of an inclination to get immediately angry whereas scum tries to remain calm and try to figure a way out. Shrug.

Specifically the verbiage "this is weird you're not throwing" to me comes from scum way more often then town in these spots, just as a personal experience sort of thing.
firstly, I am trying to turn over a new, chilled out leaf and to continue on my path to tranquility

secondly, this initially pinged me as v performative seeing as I was basically 100% dead there as scum and so calling out anything I said as "scummy" seemed redundant if you were legitimately convinced I was. idk how scum!me would be figuring out a way out there and so I couldn't see how you would think that's what I was doing, but if it's more that just the non-angry vibe was reminiscent of prior scum reactions I suppose that makes sense
It's not going to work Menalque I'm watching your slot lurk out and I'm not unvoting.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Menalque
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

frog please don't
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Frog what do you think about the idea that Menalque appeared to genuinely not know that his slot had already claimed VT

do you think that Menalque did know this and was bluffing/lying
or do you think he got lucky with the exact same fakeclaim

cause if he's scum it has to be one or the other and neither feels correct to me, especially since other players have expressed similar doubts that he was aware of obscure's VT claim
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I know Ari is rolling in the grave here but what if my reads were just actually good? 2 of my d1 scumreads have already flipped scum.

I dunno, I just can't get over Relly calling Skitter town b/c she was being "attacked" which no one did. I don't put much stock into TSQ's "I wouldn't distance from another buddy if I already had a dead buddy and his reactions to me d2 were dumb.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

my take away from is that maybe eiralox/Dann wasn't scum. I don't really agree that Gamma/relly using the same "will explain later" is associative clearing of them.

is likely where I want to go today.

Something_Smart
Menalque
Thestatusquo

VOTE: SS

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

town: {Nero, Ausuka, Datisi, Scamper, CSF}
eh, maybe there's a scum in here, but probably not: {Ydrasse, DV, Dann, Frog}
don't want to lim today but wouldn't be totally surprised: {fireisred, Mena}
would lim: {Smart, TSQ}

I think the more I look at other slots the more TSQ scum actually makes sense? I dunno I'm hesitant to push it unless the appointed town leaders wanna go there cause if it's wrong it feels more likely to be damaging to town win than a Smart flip, but my current worldview doesn't have a lot of room for scum and fire/Mena have both made townie feeling posts today imo
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Something_Smart
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6143, GuiltyLion wrote:Frog what do you think about the idea that Menalque appeared to genuinely not know that his slot had already claimed VT
I think they replaced in a long time ago right? And they possibly read what happened to Shea/CSF, are familiar with a bunch of the players here, and have seen that reaction test a dozen times before?

I think Menalque took the laziest path of least resistance to not get voted out by faking the easiest Town tell in the world, posted some filler and tried to pocket a couple people, then discreetly disappeared with no resolution to their position within the game or anything that would resemble a Townie motivation to doing anything within their own agency to participate in the game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6142, fireisredsir wrote:frog please don't
Don't want? I thought you weren't resistant to a Menalque wagon?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”