Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

This is what I meant about irony:
In post 6197, Frogsterking wrote:You think this scum team with the even-night-friendly-neighbor claim actually knew which vig to kill, and *that's* why marci was killed?? Pff
In post 3772, marcistar wrote:gamma
ausuka
dannflor
shea
frog
nero
--
smart
hem
obscure
--
scamper
fire
lions
soft elf
ydrasse
deasnail

with u idk where.

town | town? | ??
towniest to scummiest just like u bb
Oh hey would you look at that

#genius
My subconscious was trying to say something and my conscious got in the way.

The point being that scum probably have some type of roleblock/rolestop/alien ability and we're jumping to the conclusion they killed the vig claims in the order they did for purely mechanical reasons when in reality it's more likely their reasons were multifaceted.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Dease is in a different time zone than most players so it makes sense that could translate to some disorganization and low morale within the team even though Dease himself is a strong player:
In post 6354, DeasVail wrote:Fwiw, I don’t remember the last time I played a scumgame where people actually…. discussed stuff in the scumchat
In post 6359, DeasVail wrote:Just as an example, 30 minutes ago Menalque would have been in the bottom tier but I thought about it.
In post 6420, DeasVail wrote:
In post 6418, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6416, DeasVail wrote:Where is the mena wagon at now?
It's time for you to hop on the bus
Well I might, but would prefer to know whereabouts on the bus I’d be sitting
Mena -> Dease -> S_S is optimal
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1783, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1781, Frogsterking wrote:Firebringer is here to bail out Gamma or is just oblivious?
I am going to word this nicely.
But was this post made with the intention of trying to annoy me or just made without thinking?
I don't know.

I am going to calm down now because this post shouldn't have bugged me as much as it should and you probably didn't intend it to.
partly bc this post sort of feels like a "wtf dude why are you calling this out" post

maybe thats a reach

i hope it's a reach
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It's not impossible but it's still a jump. Csfs kill would still go through even if they died right? So killing Marci so she can't shoot tonight makes more sense to me than she was shot bc fire is at the top of her scum list
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6454, Nero Cain wrote:It's not impossible but it's still a jump. Csfs kill would still go through even if they died right? So killing Marci so she can't shoot tonight makes more sense to me than she was shot bc fire is at the top of her scum list
In post 6453, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1783, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1781, Frogsterking wrote:Firebringer is here to bail out Gamma or is just oblivious?
I am going to word this nicely.
But was this post made with the intention of trying to annoy me or just made without thinking?
I don't know.

I am going to calm down now because this post shouldn't have bugged me as much as it should and you probably didn't intend it to.
partly bc this post sort of feels like a "wtf dude why are you calling this out" post

maybe thats a reach

i hope it's a reach
With a stretch like that I think you missed a career in ballet performance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i still have a chance

im p limber
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Idk, I sorta like it. Not sure why it's traitor unless frog is team scum
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

anyway if it is actually SS traitor + frog groupscum i think i know who the last one is but im getting extremely ahead of myself here so i don't want to go there bc ill be embarrassed if this sudden random tinfoil is completely off base

it's probably not GL tho i think that one's a false trail
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6454, Nero Cain wrote:It's not impossible but it's still a jump. Csfs kill would still go through even if they died right? So killing Marci so she can't shoot tonight makes more sense to me than she was shot bc fire is at the top of her scum list
Not fire, Dease.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6457, Nero Cain wrote:Idk, I sorta like it. Not sure why it's traitor unless frog is team scum
yea i mean thats the idea
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6458, fireisredsir wrote:anyway if it is actually SS traitor + frog groupscum i think i know who the last one is but im getting extremely ahead of myself here so i don't want to go there bc ill be embarrassed if this sudden random tinfoil is completely off base

Yeah I mean you can also just vote Menalque so we can win the game. Theoretically FYPOV you don't have concrete reasons to distrust me yet and you will be alive to push me later after some flips since you didn't claim shit.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Frog, if you think I'm town vote Ss

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: S_S
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6461, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6458, fireisredsir wrote:anyway if it is actually SS traitor + frog groupscum i think i know who the last one is but im getting extremely ahead of myself here so i don't want to go there bc ill be embarrassed if this sudden random tinfoil is completely off base

Yeah I mean you can also just vote Menalque so we can win the game. Theoretically FYPOV you don't have concrete reasons to distrust me yet and you will be alive to push me later after some flips since you didn't claim shit.
i don't have concrete reasons to think that voting mena wins the game either tho

even if this theory is wrong i still think SS is scummy
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero wants SS give me what I want

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

agreed

sheep nero

new mayor nero, sorry shrimp scampi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

How did u know my wincon was to usurp scamper?

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Do I still get partial street cred for this work if S_S flips red?
In post 5730, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5729, Dannflor wrote:I mean I would say it's an unusual method

maybe I shouldn't have said weird

I'll agree that was reaching but I got excited because I saw a post that was using that method to justify a town read on Gamma and it gave me queasy feelings

Why did you hate that S_S post?
I hate the parts that I bolded:
In post 5724, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5721, Something_Smart wrote:It seems like pretty typical Frogster shenanigans,
honestly
. Feels like it's unlikely to be agenda-motivated in that he thinks the aggregated reads will be wrong,
but it might just be scum-him
trying to come up with something distracting to do.
This is not the kind of post I like to see coming from a slot I recently defended. Yikes.
The first bold, "honestly", is self-qualifying, and makes me suspect the first sentence is there because S_S doesn't feel entitled to post in the thread. The second bold looks like a hedge on a read Town!S_S should be able to make (S_S has seen me go A-WOL as Town.) It doesn't seem logical or emotionally congruent for the second part to be there unless S_S is afraid to outright disagree with you...which would also imply S_S is afraid to post in the thread. I believe this with more certainty than my other takes, like
low/moderate
certainty this post is scum AI for S_S.

I believe with equal
low/moderate
certainty Town!SS writes 5721 like
"Feels like it's unlikely to be agenda-motivated in that he thinks the aggregated reads will be wrong." and hits send. I believe the additional parts of it that I bolded are AI.

Additionally, I believe on a
very low
certainty level that S_S may be familiar or interested in Francis Galton or Google's algorithm or w.e because I'm pretty sure (ie moderate/high certainty) that S_S is quite intellectually curious. So I'm deducing that S_S refraining from getting into that at all is survivalistic from them, even if the extent of their comment on it is to inform me my method is terrible because xyz.
In post 6061, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2501, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2497, Galron wrote:And it also had to do with my thinking that S_S was town, and this would force him to just take it

Why is this a good thing though? I wanted to hear from Mala... it's not like there was any risk of something bad happening if you waited.
Example ^^

Also:
In post 2759, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2756, Datisi wrote:s_s, do you have any opinions on me or my pair
I have a shit history at reading both you and GL. I...
honestly
can't recall much about what you've done, and most of what GL has done that I can recall is tunnel my slot for dumb and facile reasons, which is probably +town to be
honest.
:eek:

AAAAH

(now the Mala example sounds eerily like the TFN thing)
In post 6082, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5948, Something_Smart wrote:HDP was my second-strongest scumgame to date,
The
Tinfoil
is getting Real with S_S though :eek: :eek:
I had him 3rd on my PoE by all accounts before you demanded I switch from Menalque.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

You get street cred, redfire gets street cred, everyone gets street cred!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Now watch me be wrong lol

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6408, Frogsterking wrote:
@all

Can all the Town players not voting
Menalque
S_S
stop dragging their knuckles and either vote them or put forth some concrete xyz case why you aren't? You're making it easier for scum to hide by refusing to do anything meaningful regarding the
Menalque
S_S
slot.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i just thought of a reason that my theory might be actually stupid

good thing i didn't say it hehe
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6470, Nero Cain wrote:Now watch me be wrong lol
Have you ever read me right? When was the last time you even played with me?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Idk to both. Why does that matter though?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”