Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I guess you correctly had me as scum in 2126 for most of the game, though that one was really mechanically weird.

Idk, it seems like you're projecting extreme confidence with no good reason to be doing so. Why are you so deadset on killing me today?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think you are scummy. You are in the poe, day is likely between you and mena anyways so. Why should I want mena dead and not you?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The day doesn't have to be between mena and ss. I hate false dichotomy. We could actually scum hunt instead of...whatever it is we're doing here?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm reading the room. Mena got to l1 and there are 5 votes on SS so like I think my statement is a pretty accurate picture of the game state rn
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

We pushed multiple people to a claim yesterday and eliminated none of them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also fire kinda does stuff and uses words while SS and mena don't.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thats lazy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

SS and mena are both already claimed so at the least we flip a scummy vt

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6477, Thestatusquo wrote:The day doesn't have to be between mena and ss. I hate false dichotomy. We could actually scum hunt instead of...whatever it is we're doing here?
Shea do you TR Mena and S_S?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My thought is that there's not really anyone interesting in disrupting this game state right now besides me and to a lesser extent ausuka so it feels to me like the scum are probably ok with where the day is at or we'd be seeing at least some sort of countering happening in other places and we don't really at all. It's another reason I'm not to stoked on the default pressure from the start of the day on these two slots just going through.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6485 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6483, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6477, Thestatusquo wrote:The day doesn't have to be between mena and ss. I hate false dichotomy. We could actually scum hunt instead of...whatever it is we're doing here?
I have been very clear on how I feel about Mena and S_S. I suggest you read my posts.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6486 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am lazy but I'm not sure why you think it's ok to let mostly content less slots go so you can hero lim

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6487 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

for one thing I don't think its remotely true to say something_smart is contentless, but for another thing I'd rather eliminate scum than just vote out people who don't talk as much.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6488 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Seems like you'll have no problem getting a lim on one of them anyway so if they flip green tomorrow you can say I was white knighting and if they flip red you can say I was refusing to lim my buddy so its a win win for you regardless here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6489 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think you could maybe argue that mena is a counter to SS and there's only 2 or 3 scum left and it's possible that they have little or no influence

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6490 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6485, Thestatusquo wrote:
I have been very clear on how I feel about Mena and S_S. I suggest you read my posts.
Based on your behavior I'm deducing that you TR both of them and if that's true then that take is approaching BoP range FMPOV.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6491 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Not everything revolves around you Shea. I think you might be down my totem pole a bit

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6492 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think that's probably fair. It still bothers me though.

If I had to make a solvey team guess it would probably be like {deas, fireisred} and if there's a third someone like {GL, Dann or ydrasse}

I can't get over the fact that I just dont think either of these slots are scum deep down.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6493 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Me can g sleep

think woofs can’t do anything with strong town o n it all so struggl e and cannot defend self
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6494 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6490, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6485, Thestatusquo wrote:
Based on your behavior I'm deducing that you TR both of them and if that's true then that take is approaching BoP range FMPOV.
Luckily you don't have to base it on my behavior, you can base it directly on the words I said about it when I had a back on forth on this exact subject with nero like a page and a half ago.

Like I said, maybe try reading the damn posts.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Shea does not town read them, he just wants red fire

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

But even if redfire we're scum there's still 1/2 more

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean by the strictest definition of the term "town read" I guess I do.

I think S_S is probably more likely to be town than not.

I'm less sure on Mena and probably would move over there towards the end of the day if my vote was needed but I see no reason why that would have to happen immediately when theres plenty of time for more people to realize fire is scum.

What's the rush, exactly?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6496, Nero Cain wrote:But even if redfire we're scum there's still 1/2 more
Literally just suggested a team solve my guy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I understand where you are coming from Shea

but the problem is, if we say someone like Menalque is scum

there is what, one other scum in the game? maybe a traitor too? how much is scum actually going to want to jostle the status quo (heh) and how much are they going to be able to without it making it obvious what they are doing

I also think, if one of Mena or SS is scum. Their partner is probably bussing them right now. Even if there are only 2 scum left, like I feel the vibe is that Mena and SS will both flip sooner rather than later, so the last scum (I'm just assuming 4 scum maybe that's wrong) is going to want to be positioning well for that. and in that case, I would think they'd be bussing right now assuming their buddy is going to flip soon.

so I don't really agree that no one wanting to change the game state is indicative of these wagons being wrong

however it's also not an indication these are right, of course. it just feels bad to wagon someone like fire or deasvail based off something like bad vibes. I don't really expect a full on case but like I don't really know what we accomplish if we flip one of those two and it flips town. At the very least if we flip one of Mena or SS we flip someone who is in A LOT of people's POEs and then we either force people to develop some more scum reads or do something else

idk maybe we can talk through more about what you see in fire? or maybe ydrasse? because I really think that slot is town and I think the more we can collectively narrow down our PoEs the better shape we'll be here regardless of our lim today

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”