Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6522, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain
At least you are voting
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6505, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6501, Thestatusquo wrote:Which one do you really think is town?
What does one of them have to be town. Assuming this about mena/ss
Fun fact, if something doesn't seem to apply to you, you can probably just go ahead and assume I wasn't talking to you? I was directly responding to the last post dannflor made where he said that he "really thought that slot was town" after saying 2 names.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

that was vote worthy?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you think I have a chance of being eliminated today? Seems like such a throwaway vote
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6502, Dannflor wrote:I do feel deep down S_S might be town

even though I have them listed at the bottom of my PoE

part of it is that I've been fooled by them so many times before because they play rather unintuitively as scum. but there have been quite a few moments that have given me pause. still I think my skill at reading them is very bad so I've been largely fine with them being a possible lim. Mena is someone who I see flipping scum more often.

but if my gut gut feelings are right then there is at least one more still hiding (and I also don't think they are scum together that seems rlly unlikely) which means I'm open to exploring other optiosn today

but I feel like I need more to latch onto in order to do that and I'm having trouble figuring out where to start with slots like fire or deasvail or whatever
Also like...I cleared CSF because I felt like the reaction to my test when she came in thread was good but she's pretty much done fuck all today and that "Did S_S really just come back in the thread after x!" post with a vote when S_S has posted in this thread a HELL of a lot more than she has makes me wonder if that clear was wrong.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

CSF is a confirmed killing role

scum vig does not exist in normals

so either she is a town vig or some sort of gated serial killer? but SS told me to go to tin foil jail for that one
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6530, Dannflor wrote:CSF is a confirmed killing role

scum vig does not exist in normals

so either she is a town vig or some sort of gated serial killer? but SS told me to go to tin foil jail for that one
It is midnight and my brain is melting.

You are correct. Just goes to show that theres no reason lurkers have to be scum IG.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I have mostly just been attributing their lack of trying to the fact that they are largely confirmed as town
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Would be funny if scum are just mena and SS and we are arguing over wich one to lim

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

That would be funny, but I think if that is the case one would probably be bussing the other.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6524, Something_Smart wrote:do you have a rebuttal to any of my posts? or are you just going to concede that they are sound
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm

In post 6528, Nero Cain wrote:Do you think I have a chance of being eliminated today? Seems like such a throwaway vote
yes, and I think this might be valuable even if you don't get close
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Which points are those?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:11 pm

. That question was aimed at Nero
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:12 pm

They are all things that directly contradict things he said. was sarcastic, but the point is that that behavior is town behavior as well as scum behavior.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

So your point is essentially "Why am I scummy?"

I had a devil of a time getting nero to answer a similar question about me so I suspect you won't have much luck. He'll probably just tell you that the previous owner of your slot had tea with a dirty scum fuck in the 60s and for that you are forever dead to him.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

And then spend 15 pages complaining about how you said he had no reason with with the wounded tone of a cat that has had its tail stepped on.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Does it not bother you at all that SS is doing like nothing? I mean I know that you disagree with me that he's content less but like he wasn't voting at all yesterday and today he has no scum reads. There was a breif moment when I thought ok maybe he's just town doing nothing to avoid a nk but that's still so much ass

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm

In post 6540, Thestatusquo wrote:So your point is essentially "Why am I scummy?"
That was the question. He said some things, and I pointed out why those things didn't really hold, and he dropped it. I assume that means he has no good response.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It does bother me that S_S is doing nothing, yes. But it bothers me every time I play with S_S, and he's town the majority of those games so I fail to see why I should think of it as a reason to scum read him.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

*play with/mod.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Where you not cared for as a kid or something,Shea?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 pm

I'm not doing nothing. I have 198 posts, and almost all of them relate to the game.

I may not be doing what you wish I was doing, but I've generally been pretty open to attempting things that people ask me to do.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

On some level I just don't understand what S_S gets out of playing this way. It must be exhausting where every game you play you have to spend the majority of it defending your lack of doing much but he keeps playing so he must enjoy it so I just have to try to figure it out and that's why I keep calling the push on him lazy. It seems like you and the others are attempting to pretend like S_S's meta just doesn't exist because you're too lazy to find a person who actually has a high likelihood of being scum this game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 6546, Nero Cain wrote:Where you not cared for as a kid or something,Shea?
this seems uncalled for, can we keep this game related

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”