Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I went and looked briefly and I couldn't really find fire doing a reread like this as either alignment.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 7361, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 7359, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 7358, fireisredsir wrote:why's it funny
Because you've given up pretending to fake a read trajectory and are just hoping no one reads your iso. Also GL and I are obvtown. Also, you avoid voting Mena anytime the wagon gets close to going through.
what about my iso prevents me from having my current reads

the second point is more or less true, i preferred the other options every time mena has been a wagon so far, but i think i might have been wrong about that. does that mean im not allowed to suspect him now or something? i don't get your point here (ik your point is that im partnered with mena, but how does that matter here since im now saying i think he's probably scum?)
Do you think frog/Mena are partnered, and he is hard bussing Mena?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Fire, i feel like your reread is just throwing reads out there, and without context i have no idea whether they're plausible town thoughts or not.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

here is town fire doing a reread

Spoiler:
fireisredsir wrote:ok well im just gonna talk to myself for a bit if no one is around

what i wanted to say earlier in my post that my phone ate, was that in the previous large, where datisi and skitter were both scum, i mostly townread them off play, but there were certain things that did hit as scummy for me. moreso for skitter, but datisi had a couple. and all of them came down to when the things that they chose to push, the things they chose to back off of, the way they positioned themselves, just felt a little... off. there were plenty of posts where they were logical, rational, hitting genuine emotional beats, productive, solving, etc etc, all the things a good town should do. and those mostly did a good job of masking the moments that seemed off and made them feel insignificant. but those moments were still there.

i know thats a sample size of 1, but i also did feel similar things from skitter in panic room d1, so im rolling with it as a model of what i should be looking for when scumhunting Good Players (tm), cause i don't have any better ideas when there aren't any flips.

so i reread the game and here's a mostly unordered and maybe incomplete list

1. skitter backing off dwlee in . i was not satisfied at all with dwlee's answer here and i don't think skitter should have been either

2. skitter being the "reasonable party" in the prism vs ari debate is something ive seen scum skitter do. but i have a feeling its just something that skitter does. still noting it bc it is something i thought about

3. prism's switch on ari in . i know she's said recently that she thinks that would have been bad scumplay for her to do that, but idk the latching on thing here just kiiinda feels like the way in which scum could look for a weak spot to attack and tunnel. town can do that too obviously, and i think prisms reasoning later in the argument are fair and reasonable and well-stated, but there's something about the initial trigger that i don't quite buy. my heart isn't in this one tbh but i have told myself that im not supposed to listen to my heart here

4. vp's early aggressive push on skitter is just... hm. kinda reminds me of monkey in the recent panic room game, where he's plausibly hiding behind an exaggerated push "for the sake of pressure" because then you don't have to look genuine while doing it. hm hm. like it feels like it's too... out of the playbook? if that makes any sense? and something that someone would likely want to pull out if they're having trouble fitting in and vibing

5. my hearts not in this one either. shuichi in and voting dwlee soon after. idk if i can really count this one bc i agree with it so it doesn't really feel off but... i can very easily see a world where scum would sheep me on a somewhat under the radar read. and people try to pocket me like an average of 10 times per game so i should probably be wary of that possibility

6. vp just doesn't feel like vp picking on things that i think town vp should genuinely care about picking on

7. mostly noting this for later if we get some flips. but it does feel like dwlee is realigning their reads to be looking for scum in the generally popular scumreads. this isn't an inherently scummy thing to do but it is a potentially significant positioning move

8. datisi giving a teamread of skitter/vp but not wanting to givr any sort of a read on vp individually felt a little off to me

9. actually kinda not loving datisi's push on skitter in general here on a reread, although it didn't bother me the first time. the things he's choosing as reasons don't quite feel like they match the tone of the push? god the more I type here the less i feel like these reads are useful or explained in any coherent way but im already committed

10. dwlee's switch on vp in kinda stands out to me bc vp had just recently started making some more effort-y posts, but I don't think the posts were very good? maybe dwlee disagrees, but if they have tmi that vp is town, i think his posts would look townier than they are

11. prism with enchant as top townread in is just strange imo. i don't think anyone is really obvtown here, so... maybe. mostly i just agree with all the points made by shuichi in

ok i got sleepy and this post is definitely already way longer than it should be. maybe ill continue this approach another time if i end up deciding it was useful
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 7395, Dannflor wrote:I also had a theory Frog was scum because he was seemingly the only one not super demotivated by yesterday

but it seems that meta does not support that
Too little faith in my abilities
In post 7401, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think frog/Mena are partnered, and he is hard bussing Mena?
Too much faith in my abilities lol
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=89302

from this game

which albeit is much shorter than this one
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 7403, Dannflor wrote:here is town fire doing a reread

Spoiler:
fireisredsir wrote:ok well im just gonna talk to myself for a bit if no one is around

what i wanted to say earlier in my post that my phone ate, was that in the previous large, where datisi and skitter were both scum, i mostly townread them off play, but there were certain things that did hit as scummy for me. moreso for skitter, but datisi had a couple. and all of them came down to when the things that they chose to push, the things they chose to back off of, the way they positioned themselves, just felt a little... off. there were plenty of posts where they were logical, rational, hitting genuine emotional beats, productive, solving, etc etc, all the things a good town should do. and those mostly did a good job of masking the moments that seemed off and made them feel insignificant. but those moments were still there.

i know thats a sample size of 1, but i also did feel similar things from skitter in panic room d1, so im rolling with it as a model of what i should be looking for when scumhunting Good Players (tm), cause i don't have any better ideas when there aren't any flips.

1. skitter backing off dwlee in . i was not satisfied at all with dwlee's answer here and i don't think skitter should have been either

2. skitter being the "reasonable party" in the prism vs ari debate is something ive seen scum skitter do. but i have a feeling its just something that skitter does. still noting it bc it is something i thought about

3. prism's switch on ari in . i know she's said recently that she thinks that would have been bad scumplay for her to do that, but idk the latching on thing here just kiiinda feels like the way in which scum could look for a weak spot to attack and tunnel. town can do that too obviously, and i think prisms reasoning later in the argument are fair and reasonable and well-stated, but there's something about the initial trigger that i don't quite buy. my heart isn't in this one tbh but i have told myself that im not supposed to listen to my heart here

4. vp's early aggressive push on skitter is just... hm. kinda reminds me of monkey in the recent panic room game, where he's plausibly hiding behind an exaggerated push "for the sake of pressure" because then you don't have to look genuine while doing it. hm hm. like it feels like it's too... out of the playbook? if that makes any sense? and something that someone would likely want to pull out if they're having trouble fitting in and vibing

5. my hearts not in this one either. shuichi in and voting dwlee soon after. idk if i can really count this one bc i agree with it so it doesn't really feel off but... i can very easily see a world where scum would sheep me on a somewhat under the radar read. and people try to pocket me like an average of 10 times per game so i should probably be wary of that possibility

6. vp just doesn't feel like vp picking on things that i think town vp should genuinely care about picking on

7. mostly noting this for later if we get some flips. but it does feel like dwlee is realigning their reads to be looking for scum in the generally popular scumreads. this isn't an inherently scummy thing to do but it is a potentially significant positioning move

8. datisi giving a teamread of skitter/vp but not wanting to givr any sort of a read on vp individually felt a little off to me

9. actually kinda not loving datisi's push on skitter in general here on a reread, although it didn't bother me the first time. the things he's choosing as reasons don't quite feel like they match the tone of the push? god the more I type here the less i feel like these reads are useful or explained in any coherent way but im already committed

10. dwlee's switch on vp in kinda stands out to me bc vp had just recently started making some more effort-y posts, but I don't think the posts were very good? maybe dwlee disagrees, but if they have tmi that vp is town, i think his posts would look townier than they are

11. prism with enchant as top townread in is just strange imo. i don't think anyone is really obvtown here, so... maybe. mostly i just agree with all the points made by shuichi in

ok i got sleepy and this post is definitely already way longer than it should be. maybe ill continue this approach another time if i end up deciding it was useful
If there is justice in this world Shea will kick your butt for doing incomplete meta research like he did to me
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 7406, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 7403, Dannflor wrote:here is town fire doing a reread

Spoiler:

If there is justice in this world Shea will kick your butt for doing incomplete meta research like he did to me
In this case he's doing it because I asked him to.

But this just confirms my suspicion that real fire rereads look much like I would expect them to with thoughts and analysis and posts and what not and not "I'm on page 60 now frogster might be scum idk"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

its a 240 page game im just livetweeting my thoughts. i will probably try to summarize them more cohesively once i finish

idk it sounds super unhelpful to me to respond to decade old posts and give quotes for exactly what im thinking prior to me finishing but i can if you want

p sure i did exactly this in frenemies

i also don't really expect to convince anyone i shouldn't die at some point in the next few days here, but i would like the chance to figure out who i think is scum and illustrate why
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

like i could just say nothing and wait until im done but idk the game was quiet and i felt like talking

and i think i got a useful interaction w frog out of it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

obviously i am not expecting anyone to be convinced by these thoughts until i actually back them up, i was just having fun sharing them

mb ig
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 7408, fireisredsir wrote:its a 240 page game im just livetweeting my thoughts. i will probably try to summarize them more cohesively once i finish

idk it sounds super unhelpful to me to respond to decade old posts and give quotes for exactly what im thinking prior to me finishing but i can if you want

p sure i did exactly this in frenemies

i also don't really expect to convince anyone i shouldn't die at some point in the next few days here, but i would like the chance to figure out who i think is scum and illustrate why
My whole point is that you didn't live tweet it though. You had like 3 total thoughts in the first 60 pages of the game?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ig more accurate would be to say that i was sharing my conclusions as they updated, but fair enough, i thought i said more but ig i didn't decide to start posting until 40 pages in or whatever
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ig more accurate would be to say that i was sharing my conclusions as they updated, but fair enough, i thought i said more but ig i didn't decide to start posting until 40 pages in or whatever
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7398, Thestatusquo wrote:Also my spicy scum read is nero
lmao guy
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

like idk what your point even is, i dunno why i would put more effort into reading than into writing as scum, obviously that's not going to get me anywhere lol

but whatever ik i probably have to die here at some point so its fine, i just want to try to figure out who i think scum is before that happens
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7374, Dannflor wrote:
In post 7348, fireisredsir wrote:frog might be scum as well actually

im on like page 64 right after he replaced in tho so idk maybe these opinions change later
can you elaborate more on where/how you're seeing this?
i will but i want to at least see how d2 played out bc it's possible that my current thoughts are dumb

short version is i thought his entrance was a lot worse than i remembered, and the way vp and others treated it felt like he could fit into a scumteam. specifically the callout of skitter as towny seemed really fake and meant to try to imitate the town frog wild theories that people expect (but those are usually actually based in something, believe it or not)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7417 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7401, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think frog/Mena are partnered, and he is hard bussing Mena?
i want to read more before i know what i think on this. but currently, yea i kinda do
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7418 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7416, fireisredsir wrote:short version is i thought his entrance was a lot worse than i remembered, and the way vp and others treated it felt like he could fit into a scumteam. specifically the callout of skitter as towny seemed really fake and meant to try to imitate the town frog wild theories that people expect (but those are usually actually based in something, believe it or not)
when i thought this originally everyone told me frogster was joking and i was overreacting
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

he was clearly not joking those people were being dumb
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

actually zero idea how anyone could interpret those posts as a joke
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 7415, fireisredsir wrote:like idk what your point even is, i dunno why i would put more effort into reading than into writing as scum, obviously that's not going to get me anywhere lol

but whatever ik i probably have to die here at some point so its fine, i just want to try to figure out who i think scum is before that happens
I don't think you actually did a reread.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey everybody, haven't read up at all, work week been kinda intense but I should have some time later this afternoon/evening

I want to sit down and review associatives with Gamma/VPB and re-establish the players I absolutely do not want to lim today, then narrow my thoughts from there

but also spoiler alert I'm probably still gonna ultimately land on Menalque unless I find something really clearing in skit or obscure's ISO, which I didn't manage to do last time I reread it yesterday
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like maybe you glanced through briefly but i just fundamentally don't think that you posted is what it looks like when someone is reading 60 pages of a game.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7421, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 7415, fireisredsir wrote:like idk what your point even is, i dunno why i would put more effort into reading than into writing as scum, obviously that's not going to get me anywhere lol

I don't think you actually did a reread.
lol

ok well uh that probably won't last long?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”