hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

I forgot about the one last thing I absolutely hate from
Frogsterking
's play and that is assuming Crescent/
BCG
was a scumslot when truth is that the game started early and Crescent had literally two posts.
In post 399, Frogsterking wrote:I mean this might have been a scum slot after all
What kind of anti-town bs is all this.

I checked the ISO of the slot he's pushing right now,
MariaR
, and while the slot is not really very towny, it's not very scummy either. I would say it's a nullread.
MariaR
, however, also said this about
Frog
's play:
In post 390, MariaR wrote:I've been trying to think of if there's a worldview where Frog is just a villa who is wrong but I can't get over the fact they just made up a worldview that never existed to begin with, and acted like they had this grand bait scheme. (didn't happen)
And I kinda think she nailed it. I don't think these two would be scum together, and my money is on
Frogsterking

VOTE: Frogsterking
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 423, Greeting wrote:
Frogsterking
does not get a townread for me in this game. Normally when he's town, he's daring and wouldn't hesitate to make pushes on players he think's are scum. He's been scumreadng me since at least , and yet he is not building a case on me at all. Probably just wants to incline town to get rid of me.

First, the argument is that I'm not posting enough. Quoted post for reference.
In post 226, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 225, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 220, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 219, Gamma Emerald wrote:Press X to doubt
On my statement or on Greeting's alignment?
Kinda both, mostly the latter
I don’t sense a notable difference from the game I modded rn in Greeting’s play.
Three of town!Greeting's contributions by this point in time from the game you modded:
In post 118, Greeting wrote:Catching up, I am happy to announce that both
intuile
and
Ausuka
are probably town.
Frogsterking
less likely town than the other two, but still I think more likely town than scum.
furtiveglance wrote: Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Frogsterking, Ausuka, Inutile,
Hoppip
Town
What's so towny about
hoppip
?
In post 145, Greeting wrote:
In post 121, Ausuka wrote:I'd also like Greeting to elaborate on their reads I guess
I have played with
Frogsterking
before. He likes to troll around, and, in my experience, tone-wise, he usually falls into the category "too scummy to be scum". It's a meta read from experience, because not knowing that, his ISO is very confusing.

Still, there is a more obvious sign pointing to him being town: I completely agree with his reads from , and he was the first one in the thread to make this observation actually. Some of his later reads are admittedly a bit hurried, and shaky (such as ), but to be fair this overall sounds like town!
Frog
actively sorting rather than scum!
Frog
throwing random reads around. Maybe if he expands more on his reads, the townread will get more firm, but I'm happy to give him a townlean for now.

People don't tend to take him seriously because of the way he posts, but
Frogsterking
can be a pretty capable player if he wants to be.
In post 152, Greeting wrote:@
Ausuka

The read on
intuile
/shiki is more of a tone/meta read too. I've played with
intuile
's other alts and she also played in a game I hosted. To be fair, if someone has so many alts, they could just play in a different way on each alt and no one would notice.
Intuile
tends to play the exact same way tone-wise when she's town, and this game is no different. Her interactions with you sounds like town!
intuile
sorting and your responses sound like a townie defending himself.
In post 22, inutile wrote:
In post 8, Ausuka wrote:This is a pretty standard game opener for this site, I didn't really have anything to say to you because nothing you said was alignment indicative, sorry for ignoring you
yeah your opener pretty paint by numbers but you're aware so

vote someone
say something about someone else in same post
encourage engagement
make an early read!!
I don't think it would be typical of scum to try to make a read out of this, but in my mind it reads as typical of town!
intuile
to try to make a read out of you being friendly in your opening post ().

She actually said herself what she does in mafia games, and I confirm that in my experience it's true:
In post 26, inutile wrote: but not alignment related, so! more a wondering aloud
Tl;dr: your interaction with
intuile
looks like town vs. town, and shiki is just being herself.

As for strictly you, I would say that your tone reads as towny in general, but I would say that my townread of
intuile
is stronger than my townread of you, as there is significantly less content and active scumhunting in your posts.
The reason for me not having posted reads within the first, what, 48 hours of the game were RL reasons, but once that was over I got to game solving.

Now the argument is that my reads are made up.
In post 372, Frogsterking wrote:After reviewing the thread (which is very easy to do due to the lack of bloat) I've decided I don't feel comfortable tunneling on Fennec and Fennec should probably be a Town lean despite Greeting's point. I also want to point out that Greeting's play is closely aligned with their scum meta rather than their Town meta.
I mentioned earlier that scum!Greeting was capable of forging Town tells for the latter half of D1 and overall I suspect that's what they're up to with this Fennec push.

I think MariaR is the best place to go and I'm fine with someone hammering there if a flash wagon occurs.
Honestly, his early interaction with the
Fennec
slot were terrible and not something I would expect from town!
Frogsterking

I am down to yeet out
Frogsterking
today too.
I feel a similar vibe but think giving Frog a day is okay. I can see him as town but it’s not much beyond speculation.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 377, Nero Cain wrote:i had felt like
In post 251, Frogsterking wrote:My 2nd FoS is Maria.
(I think there was another quote that better outlines his belief that one of me/maria are scum but this'll do.)

this was your classic push town bus buddy and Maria also pushed the idea that one of me/frog is scum and that their plan was to tag team me today and then possibly cross distance tomorrow so I wasn't really expecting Frog to vote Maria.

ofc they've now both gotten off me and went elsewhere besides each other. :igmeou:
you kinda are doing the same thing Frogster just did to you in terms of partner associations with Maria
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 393, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:preliminary Thoughts: at least one of maria/frog are mafia. Neri feels subdued but i wont push it just based on that bc i like them like this and prefer it that way

VOTE: frog
godlike name
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Cape90 »

VOTE: MariaR

I certainly agree with this more then most other votes right now. Greeting's postings have been improving while I don't like the OMGUS that Maria has had. A lot of that in general this game, this game is just that spiderman meme 20 times over
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by marcistar »

EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

locktown
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 297, Cape90 wrote:
In post 281, Save The Dragons wrote:Wow I hate this
only person who should hate me at least trying to push the game forwards is scum though
your reads just seem so fake sorry
In post 299, Cape90 wrote:
In post 281, Save The Dragons wrote:I originally tr MariaR but then thought those posts about everything being NAI was really safe to make so I don't know. I don't know why I'm sharing this
What posts? You never quoted anything from Maria in this post
it's not that hard to look lol im talking about the first couple of posts
In post 117, MariaR wrote:Glad to see out of the 100 posts almost none of them were that helpful given how objectively nai they were
In post 119, MariaR wrote:
In post 118, Frogsterking wrote:Thank you for volunteering Maria.
Oh no.
In post 118, Frogsterking wrote:Can you talk more about which posts you consider AI vs NAI?
Sigh
that's effort? Don't you know how lazy I am? Besides the obvious RVS votes that are just >rand on if you want to call them AI or not, I think most of the stuff said so far has a level of effort put in that on a baseline looks towny (because people TR effort a lot) but on the stuff that is AI in and of itself? Not much, I suppose the conversation about Nero was the most interesting thing said in the thread so far besides the busywork questions.
In post 307, Frogsterking wrote: and dragon sliding all the way up into town reads for a single horrible post. Town!dragon can tell Cape is obvtown for example.
what is so horrible about it

i think it's pretty clear cape is not obvtown fite me irl about it
In post 313, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 308, Cape90 wrote:I hardly see Save The Dragons making posts like 281 which made me inclined to throw a premature townread there
That's why he did it. I was excited too until I actually read . Are you still opposed to voting Maria or w.e?
i'm a little confused. not to take away from people tring me, but i feel like it's a pretty standard catchup post. i'm probably going to be behind all game due to my job i don't really get internet at work on my phone and don't want to use my office computer to play mafia

Fennec is so town it's adorable, really confused about suspicion there. i'm liking frogsterking less and less from his weird attack of me that lacks substance to his conversation with fennec that seems like posting just to post garbage
In post 350, MariaR wrote:
In post 342, Frogsterking wrote:For example, my fine feathered friend, you may have noticed exhibit A:
In post 184, MariaR wrote:but I understand people TR things easier than I do.
In post 301, MariaR wrote:Save the Dragons/Marci/Char
Fen/Cape
Pooky/Gamma
Nero/Frog

I go lay down now have fun
:?:

A contradiction in the number of Townreads they listed vs the number they should have were they sorting the thread organically.
There is no way, you are going to come into the thread and say "I made this one post to try and make Maria scumread me therefore showing that she is a wolf" because you weren't trying to do that and the fact you're trying to claim that is beyond silly, I don't think it'd take anyone more than two seconds to see how that's doesn't happen.

Now the post above me? Just because I made the statement: "people tr things easier than I do" does not mean I cannot have townreads made in the thread overtime. What you're pointing out isn't even a contradiction you're trying to paint it as this blanket statement that if Maria doesn't have more wolfreads than scumreads that statement is false.

Either you're reaching so hard that you've convinced yourself that I am a wolf with such wacky reasoning without even considering why this stuff can come from a villager or you're just a wolf trying to paint anything possible into a wolfread.

I'll let the thread figure out what.
I don't love this post
In post 369, Charloux wrote:
In post 311, KittyTacky wrote: You answered your own question.
The other half of my post got swallowed by the abyss it seems
In post 344, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're breaking up frogster's posts so he can't just monologue endlessly about what kind of cereal he had in the morning
R/murderedbywords

There is a lot to comment on, i'm just too lazy right now. The first thing i would need to do is go back and see scum!frog games and maria's recent games...
Maybe i should just sheep someone and be done with it *sigh*
this is vapid could be posting just to post
In post 419, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 204, Frogsterking wrote:Town:

Gamma
Kitty
Marci
Cape
Sirrhet
Charloux
Fennec

Null:
Nero

Scum:

MariaR

Updated 4 Big Chungus

Greeting, Pooky, Dragons and Big Chungus are a bit dodgy but I'll need to think about where they go. I think I scraped one more Townread together but I can't remember where it came from.
now i'm dodgy? i dunno if your story is consistant there pal
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Gamma Emerald - not sure yet
Nero Cain - seems town
Frogsterking - leaning scum
alcolmTucker - slight scumread but i think i always scumread him so i'm trying to be a little more wary
Greeting - something about their tone felt off but i'm mostly okay with them
KittyTacky - need more but seems okay for now
Big Chungus Gaming/Crescent - need more
Save The Dragons - that's me!
Fennec - town town town
PookyTheMagicalBear - i feel like if pooky were scum i would have noticed by now
Cape90 - scum
SirRhett - who
Toogeloo - i'm not sure what to make of them just sheeping pooky but it's probably not outside their town range
Charloux - little wary
marcistar - town
MariaR - i guess i'm leaning scum here too
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I think Greeting (and maybe Dragons?) is just a scum slot who doesn't have a lot of options. I was Town against Greeting's scum slot in Elected Decisions and tunneled them hard D2 in that game until they died. I think Greeting knows what's coming so they may as well try to 1v1 me. I'm assuming that we're good enough players to not just grossly misread each other's Town game.

With Gamma I think they're Town genuinely interacting with scum Greeting who they aren't sure how to sort. I think Gamma is recognizing elements of my Townplay and isn't 100% sure how to sort me because Gamma has almost always rolled scum against me, so they don't have a lot of experience making an assessment on my alignment.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I rolled town with you in TFT and quickly got a TR on you there, so you may wish to add that to your calculations.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I did. You were extremely active in TFT so we interacted a lot early in.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm having a hard time imagining your interaction with Greeting just now be scum theater.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I was worried at first that Big Chungus was a game thrower but I'm pretty sure it's just a scum slot. I'm getting a strong troll vibe from them which reminds me of when NK15 replaced into Gamma's mini Normal. I ignored it in that game but now I think that tone is AI.

Gamma, how sure are you on Maria? I have three solid SRs right now including her. I'd say I'm
moderate
certainty on all three of Maria, Chung, and Greeting being scum, and my Maria read is pretty dependent on the feedback you've provided about her meta.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Intent. Claim maria
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 432, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm a little confused. not to take away from people tring me, but i feel like it's a pretty standard catchup post. i'm probably going to be behind all game due to my job i don't really get internet at work on my phone and don't want to use my office computer to play mafia

Fennec is so town it's adorable, really confused about suspicion there. i'm liking frogsterking less and less from his weird attack of me that lacks substance to his conversation with fennec that seems like posting just to post garbage
I'm pretty open to re-evaluating your slot. The main reason I think you might be Town is that you listed me as a scum lean rather than a scum read. If you're scum deciding to push me it takes some effort to go about faking a whole read progression.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 439, Nero Cain wrote:Intent. Claim maria
What do you think about the rest of my scum reads?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 440, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 432, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm a little confused. not to take away from people tring me, but i feel like it's a pretty standard catchup post. i'm probably going to be behind all game due to my job i don't really get internet at work on my phone and don't want to use my office computer to play mafia

I'm pretty open to re-evaluating your slot. The main reason I think you might be Town is that you listed me as a scum lean rather than a scum read. If you're scum deciding to push me it takes some effort to go about faking a whole read progression.
And I know I have at least one if not more Town who I scum binned by mistake. I think your play toward my slot so far is more reminiscent of a Town who I scum binned and is returning the favor. I'm not sure I've ever played in a regular game where we were both Town so I have no reason to believe I can read you by tone. What I can do is take back my dodgy assessment on your slot and just treat you like a null slot I know I need longer to understand.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm confident that 2/3 at least of Greeting/Chungus/Maria are maf. I recommend eliminating everyone in that list if I flip tonight.

After that I'm not sure where to go. FoS Pooky if Maria flips Town, null read him if Maria flips scum. There's decent chances I town binned a scum player.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 438, Frogsterking wrote:I ignored it in that game but now I think that tone is AI.
In case I didn't make this clear, I'm saying the last time I read a player's tone the way I'm reading Chungus, they proceeded to flip scum. That's why I believe it's AI. In fact, my guess is that Chungus is an NK15 alt.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 432, Save The Dragons wrote:your reads just seem so fake sorry
Yeah I forced reads to progress the game

Wowee
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

looks kind of bad though. Maybe I'm being too nice to Dragons.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Cape are you ready to push Greeting or Chungus tomorrow?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

It would be cool if Dragons/Greeting/Maria/Chungus are the whole scum team and I called them D1.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 438, Frogsterking wrote:I was worried at first that Big Chungus was a game thrower but I'm pretty sure it's just a scum slot. I'm getting a strong troll vibe from them which reminds me of when NK15 replaced into Gamma's mini Normal. I ignored it in that game but now I think that tone is AI.
I don't think Chungus is trolling this game, the username is the only thing you should get the impression of that, but I haven't really melded with their takes

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”