fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7525 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yay we're alive

i lost my momentum and also probably some of my confidence tbh but i still have things ill want to talk about later
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Wooooo we're back!!!

I'll have the #content that I promised on Friday at some point today

I'm not really seeing the scum motivation to post , if fire is scum who wants to push me it's so easy to ignore that post or wave it away, if he's genuine about thinking that's town then ether this is a deep deep ploy for towncred emulating how he'd play as town, or he's just town. I've done somewhat similar before as scum when I realized I couldn't in good faith push who I wanted to push but never after faking a 223 page reread and never over something as singular as that as far as I can recall

like I said before I do think the strategy I want to employ here is to re-establish my townreads based on interactions with flipped scum and then go from there, I just haven't taken the time to sit down and do it yet
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7526, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not really seeing the scum motivation to post 7517, if fire is scum who wants to push me it's so easy to ignore that post or wave it away, if he's genuine about thinking that's town then ether this is a deep deep ploy for towncred emulating how he'd play as town, or he's just town. I've done somewhat similar before as scum when I realized I couldn't in good faith push who I wanted to push but never after faking a 223 page reread and never over something as singular as that as far as I can recall
GL, this feels kinda surface level as a take. I think scum generally like to give some "room" to be wrong on their pushes if they are pushing town. Especially fire, who seems generally lack strong conviction in his reads this game, I think would definitely qualify any push he was going to make.

Like... Thinking this is a deep deep ploy for towncred doesn't seem like a real thought? It doesn't seem that deep? Especially because he apparently still thinks your scum?

What am I missing here?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7527, Dannflor wrote:
In post 7526, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not really seeing the scum motivation to post 7517, if fire is scum who wants to push me it's so easy to ignore that post or wave it away, if he's genuine about thinking that's town then ether this is a deep deep ploy for towncred emulating how he'd play as town, or he's just town. I've done somewhat similar before as scum when I realized I couldn't in good faith push who I wanted to push but never after faking a 223 page reread and never over something as singular as that as far as I can recall
GL, this feels kinda surface level as a take. I think scum generally like to give some "room" to be wrong on their pushes if they are pushing town. Especially fire, who seems generally lack strong conviction in his reads this game, I think would definitely qualify any push he was going to make.

Like... Thinking this is a deep deep ploy for towncred doesn't seem like a real thought? It doesn't seem that deep? Especially because he apparently still thinks your scum?

What am I missing here?
does he still think I'm scum? I was kinda assuming that he wasn't going to push me after that

I'd agree with you if he had just noted it as a reason to maybe be unsure, but he calls it a straight up townslip and I don't see how that suits a scum agenda at all unless it's exactly/specifically that he changed his mind and decided pushing me was a losing proposition and wanted to walk it back. But I think that scenario a) requires more assumptions and b) is something he probably wouldn't have only decided after the whole "I'm rereading the game!" narrative, so ergo it's just likely town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'll wait for fire to comment
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually though on that note
In post 7520, fireisredsir wrote:dann almost there.
fire can you talk about anything you picked up on in your reread that pushed Dann to town for you? he's a slot I intend to fully reset on
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7531 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

oh yea i def still think GL is scum that post just made me doubt myself but idk

short answer on dann is that the way dann played especially around flipped scum just reads like he doesn't have any scum motivation, and on reread i p much just believe the things he's saying come from town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7532 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7531, fireisredsir wrote:oh yea i def still think GL is scum that post just made me doubt myself but idk
:neutral: so if you think I'm scum what was the point of

like if you don't earnestly think that's a townslip, then you're just posturing
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7533 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7531, fireisredsir wrote:short answer on dann is that the way dann played especially around flipped scum just reads like he doesn't have any scum motivation, and on reread i p much just believe the things he's saying come from town
this also a weak reason to TR someone buuuut my reasons for TRing Dann were also pretty weak in hindsight so I'm gonna evaluate this for myself

I recall Dann's interactions with Gamma not at all being clearing though? like he loosely holds Gamma as a scumread but never pushes momentum there IIRC
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7534 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think my totem pole might look like

Ausuka
Dannflor
Menalque
fireisredsir
------------------------
Datisi
Thestatusquo
Frogsterking
scamper
GuiltyLion
DeasVail
Cat Scratch Fever

My suspicion of Dann comes from his d2 play where he didn't want to vote either SS or TSQ and wanted to instead vote Obscure. If all 3 of them were town then it's a pretty sweet deal he has and there's a good chunk of scum motivation in doing so. Also felt his backdown on Ausuka on p 291/92 was scummy.

mena could be lurk scum, yeah.

I like the idea that Fire barely mentioning Gamma and not hard pushing VP could be scum, yeah.

I just didn't really like Dats saying that Ausuka looked better than Dann when I felt like she looked p terrible. Also lol.
In post 7343, Nero Cain wrote:Datisi prob is a scum doc but
I'm not super super confident
. Kinda bummed that I thought I had a good read on him.
In post 7438, Datisi wrote:
nero how serious are you in thinking i'm scum
and do you plan to do something about it

alternatively what do you plan to do today in general
Ausuka defends scum Relly after the gaffe? Not impossible and TSQ is scummy on his own although part of me really thinks that a scum Ausuka just knows that he's town.

I don't really suspect Frog that much but I could maybe see him jump on the MT wagon at the tail end for the cred he would need.

I'd kill anything above the line.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7535 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 7534, Nero Cain wrote:mena could be lurk scum, yeah.
Can one be lurk scum when the site has been down is the new if a tree falls in a forest and no-one hears it, does it make a sound

The grand philosophical question of our time
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7536 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m glad to see that Nero’s approach of simply always SRing me no matter how many times he’s wrong sails on a steady course tho
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7537 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

GL, can you elaborate on some reasons you are suspicious of me? I have generally liked your read progression on me but looking back im realizing it is largely a vague “towny with a pinch of deepwolf read”

Which isn’t shade exactly my reads have been fairly nebulous too but im wondering if there are specific reasons im a scum candidate for you or if its just the lack of anything clearing in your eyes
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7538 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7536, Menalque wrote:I’m glad to see that Nero’s approach of simply always SRing me no matter how many times he’s wrong sails on a steady course tho
This is a weird post to make in a game where you are a consensus scum read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7539 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you were lurky and not doing much BEFORE the site went down.

using the site shut down to defend yourself, what a stupid post.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7540 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:35 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 7536, Menalque wrote:I’m glad to see that Nero’s approach of simply always SRing me no matter how many times he’s wrong sails on a steady course tho
I mean, Nero will inevitably be right eventually
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7541 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 6993, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6982, Menalque wrote:Oh, I think fb ~generally~ when scum = having more fun, seems like is enjoying game etc. This is amplified imo if it’s people he likes playing with, and I think there’s enough old hands here who I’m p sure he gets along decently with (like sure there’s no MariaR or RC who I remember him particularly liking) but I would expect him to be an order of magnitude more excited if he were scum in what, to him, would be a good PL
This is wonky to me though. Do you have reason to believe FB doesn't have fun when he's town?

Like I buy that FB generally likes playing scum and can have fun with it, but I don't see why any of this reasoning wouldn't apply to him as town either? So if his lack of enthusiasm isn't scum-indicative, I don't think it's necessarily town-indicative either, unless you have an understanding that FB doesn't like playing town. Which doesn't really vibe with my prior experience with him
Firebringer does not like playing as town but will sometimes tolerate it for the sake of playing with people he likes

This is markedly different from firebringer having actual fun

I couldn’t be bothered to quote the actual post I wanted to reply to but this is why my read on S_S!slot just = good not implausibly good, whereas all y’all just suck at reading woofbringer apparently
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7542 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 7540, DeasVail wrote:
I mean, Nero will inevitably be right eventually
Sure law of averages and whatnot, however:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7543 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7532, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 7531, fireisredsir wrote:oh yea i def still think GL is scum that post just made me doubt myself but idk

bc it was like 1am and i was annoyed that i had that reaction to it

like gut wise i read that and do kinda think it is a townslip

but logically ik that people do fake those sometimes and i really shouldn't let that one thing outweigh the other things that i think are actually good reasons
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7544 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7532, GuiltyLion wrote:

I just viewed it as stream of consciousness thinking that doesn't really have a "point" as either alignment except to look genuine
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #7545 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 7533, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 7531, fireisredsir wrote:short answer on dann is that the way dann played especially around flipped scum just reads like he doesn't have any scum motivation, and on reread i p much just believe the things he's saying come from town
this also a weak reason to TR someone buuuut my reasons for TRing Dann were also pretty weak in hindsight so I'm gonna evaluate this for myself

I recall Dann's interactions with Gamma not at all being clearing though? like he loosely holds Gamma as a scumread but never pushes momentum there IIRC
not so much gamma, but the way that he pushed for tweet right after ausuka had dropped her case on me when he had been paranoiaing on me is like... huge momentum shifter

there's more idr if i have it in my notes or not but that's probably the biggest thing for me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7546 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 7538, Dannflor wrote:
Y
In post 7539, Nero Cain wrote:you were lurky and not doing much BEFORE the site went down.

using the site shut down to defend yourself, what a stupid post.
Sure, but do you actually scumread me for being absent or are you just lazily slotting me into the default position
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7547 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7538, Dannflor wrote:
It's not really that strange from his POV, I guess. Like he might have some PTSD from getting tunneled on in our first game or maybe he just likes to whine.

In our second game, I hadn't even posted yet and he was already accusing me of misreading him, which I did think was scummy. So it's like a self fufilling prophecy.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Menalque »

Nero I have lost track of how many games we’ve played together but I’m sure it’s more than two
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

it seems strange to me to assume someone's reasons for scum reading you are nefarious or is otherwise not a result of your play this game when there is evidence of many people scum reading you in this game for this game

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”