Micro 1062 | Divide and Conquer | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:28 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 46, Cephrir wrote:i might have dodged pooky but i'm not sure

:(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

it's because you are very scary
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i'm harmless!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 45, Cephrir wrote:
In post 27, Radja wrote:
In post 17, Cephrir wrote:My first scalding hot take is that Radja would not have divided the hoods like this and is therefore town

I feel like this is the work of someone up on site culture
Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldnt I divide it like this?
I was thinking I would lock you as town if we were in different neighbourhoods, but that didn't happen.

Also hi Cakez, I remember you too!
to my mind, the small hood contains 3 small name players (because i have not heard of them) while the large hood contains all of the big players. i feel like you wouldn't have done that to yourself - it's too likely the players who play often will be able to find each other as town if they were all town. i think the large hood scum decided to carry the game, i think they are likely a veteran planning to blend in with a crowd they know well, i think because they are a veteran they most likely called the shot on how to divide the hoods, and the presence of strong players in their hood will also explain why they don't die at night.

granted this is partly stemming from my belief that eliming in the small hood was clearly optimal which i'm not so sure about anymore
Interesting, I noted something similar within the small hood. Me and Scared Bear, who are the only players on this list who could be either new or alts, are in the small hood, with Somnus. I was maybe more confident in Somnus being scum than I really should've been, as I don't think it's outright
damning
for him, but it does feel like it should be interesting.

However, your thoughts on the hood distribution do feel more coherent than mine. I can buy it. And I feel like it's a towny thought process from Cephrir.
I, too, have a destiny.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

cephrir everything you are saying makes a kind of sense but none of it really feels like stuff that wasn't thought of before the game actually started

do you have any hot and spicy takes on other people's hot and spicy takes

pedit: lol

i mean I want to think it's towny because it makes sense but I don't think it actually is? I think if cephrir was scum putting these hoods together pre-game he would have the exact same thoughts tbh
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 44, Dannflor wrote:I think the analysis on me is Good from the perspective that it's slightly more reachy than I feel scum usually goes for one page into the game
I don't like this. Maybe it's because it hurts my ego. But this feels like handwaving my reasoning away. I understand it's not really strong, but I'm getting bad vibes regardless.
I, too, have a destiny.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

i had some of these thoughts pregame and others during it

i dont really have a lot of reads yet. i'm reading lucian's personality as stilted but i don't have a problem with it at this time. isis might be a town lean i guess
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 54, Dannflor wrote:i mean I want to think it's towny because it makes sense but I don't think it actually is? I think if cephrir was scum putting these hoods together pre-game he would have the exact same thoughts tbh
Well, sure. But if Cephrir is scum, I struggle seeing him decide to split hoods like this, and then right out of gate use this knowledge to townread Radja. It feels really easy to get called out as TMI for it, and it's not like Cephrir/Radja is a possible team for this to be scum setting up false associates.
I, too, have a destiny.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 55, Lucian wrote:
In post 44, Dannflor wrote:I think the analysis on me is Good from the perspective that it's slightly more reachy than I feel scum usually goes for one page into the game
I don't like this. Maybe it's because it hurts my ego. But this feels like handwaving my reasoning away. I understand it's not really strong, but I'm getting bad vibes regardless.
I mean, the actual reason for the timing of my posts is that I am constantly rereading the thread and my thoughts take a bit to fully form

and yes of course I am going to handwave it away I know that it is wrong

the only way I can evaluate it is whether I think it's coming from town or not, I don't think I can evaluate the strength of the reasoning itself very well

I do think it makes some assumptions that town is more likely to make though, at least at this point in the game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 57, Lucian wrote:
In post 54, Dannflor wrote:i mean I want to think it's towny because it makes sense but I don't think it actually is? I think if cephrir was scum putting these hoods together pre-game he would have the exact same thoughts tbh
Well, sure. But if Cephrir is scum, I struggle seeing him decide to split hoods like this, and then right out of gate use this knowledge to townread Radja. It feels really easy to get called out as TMI for it, and it's not like Cephrir/Radja is a possible team for this to be scum setting up false associates.
didn't cephrir literally just say he would split the hoods like this

I mean he said he might avoid Pooky ig, but I could see loving these exact hoods as either alignment tbh
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 46, Cephrir wrote:if i were scum i would 100% have put myself in the big hood with both dannflor and radja, so i can't fault anyone for seeing that

i might have dodged pooky but i'm not sure
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 59, Dannflor wrote:didn't cephrir literally just say he would split the hoods like this
My argument isn't "Cephrir wouldn't split the hood like this."

My argument is that, if Cephrir is scum who split the hood like this, I struggle seeing him enter the game with a townread due to hood splits, and then have such complex reasoning on it.
I, too, have a destiny.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 61, Lucian wrote:My argument is that, if Cephrir is scum who split the hood like this, I struggle seeing him enter the game with a townread due to hood splits, and then have such complex reasoning on it.
I see

but still I have to ask, why do you struggle to see that?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 57, Lucian wrote:It feels really easy to get called out as TMI for it
Like I just think Cephrir is a very competent player

and I don't think he would be afraid of this point

I also think that the read on Radja isn't like ironclad

Cephrir could easily walk that back when he needs to, it's just an easy talking point for entering the game with
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 57, Lucian wrote:It feels really easy to get called out as TMI for it, and it's not like Cephrir/Radja is a possible team for this to be scum setting up false associates.
^^

Scum is the one who actually had to spend pregame thinking about how to divide hoods, right? So any sort of "here is a thought out read based on hood divisions" is not unlikely to get negative attention.
I, too, have a destiny.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

fwiw i think dann is mostly right here except i probably would not be eager to make myself the center of attention immediately given recent history
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 63, Dannflor wrote:and I don't think he would be afraid of this point
Well, then he surely wouldn't have trouble coming up with alternative talking points. If he's scum, it feels like a move made from someone who wants to get into the game, but doesn't know how, so they fake reads based on things they've already thought about.

Granted, maybe he's actually a genius because I'm falling for it.
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:17 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT WILDFIRES

VOTE: ISIS
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 66, Lucian wrote:
In post 63, Dannflor wrote:and I don't think he would be afraid of this point
Well, then he surely wouldn't have trouble coming up with alternative talking points. If he's scum, it feels like a move made from someone who wants to get into the game, but doesn't know how, so they fake reads based on things they've already thought about.

Granted, maybe he's actually a genius because I'm falling for it.
I don't think he really has come up with alternative talking points yet. Which is fine, I'm not scum reading him for that.

but I do think what he has posted so far is largely NAI
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 67, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT WILDFIRES

VOTE: ISIS
?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:30 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 33, Isis wrote:i read the thread i don't have that much to posttt but i don't think i'm gonna eliminage with a hood preference

hmm i guess if i think about it eliminating in the small hood once can inform which people in the large hood you lim

i have a feeling the game is so much healthier if everbyody is on the menu thouhg. the former consideration is itself social deduction rather than any confing mechanic
THIS IS THE SCUM IN THE BIG HOOD
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:37 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 70, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 33, Isis wrote:i read the thread i don't have that much to posttt but i don't think i'm gonna eliminage with a hood preference

hmm i guess if i think about it eliminating in the small hood once can inform which people in the large hood you lim

i have a feeling the game is so much healthier if everbyody is on the menu thouhg. the former consideration is itself social deduction rather than any confing mechanic
THIS IS THE SCUM IN THE BIG HOOD
BIG SCUM POST

JUST MEEKLY FOLLOW ALONG GROUP CONSENSUS ON "MECH"

NO READS, NO CONVICTION
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Isis »

In post 55, Lucian wrote:
Lucian did you know there is an obscure Frenchmade digital ccg called eredan and the starting character Mario character is named Lucian and like the starting character in a game with unlockables tends to be bad but he is like surprisingly decent because his subtheme is equipment and equipment is kind of strong in the game in general the cards fight eachother for 2, 3, or 4 rounds generally and if you can use block effects go make your equipment modify 4 rounds of combat then that's strong also Lucian was the warrior type with like rogue and mage the good cards were rare and warrior has nice commons that's how it goes Lucian always was holding his sword like his elbow doesn't go past ninety degrees but it looked dope
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Isis »

I'm afraid he won't read it so I'm gonna get my partner to repost that in the hood
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Isis »

Someone spontaneously post it in the hood
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”