BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:33 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 369, Thestatusquo wrote:Whether you said overdefensive or defensive much was completely irrelevant to my questions. And yet it was the only thing you chose to respond to in order to try to win the argument.
Because you clearly posted about it numerous times and continued with that line of questioning that was clearly bad.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 375, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 369, Thestatusquo wrote:Whether you said overdefensive or defensive much was completely irrelevant to my questions. And yet it was the only thing you chose to respond to in order to try to win the argument.
Because you clearly posted about it numerous times and continued with that line of questioning that was clearly bad.
and yet you still havent answered the questions and continue trying to discredit me by denying the reality that everyone can see in the thread. Why is the line of questioning clearly bad? Because you said so?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:37 am

I'm now discrediting you? You're throwing out all the buzzwords here. There is no way this is a genuine push.

Let's do this.

VOTE: TSQ
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

lmao.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This is the funniest day one caught scum I've ever had.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Aisa »

I think I'd like to see this actually addressed:
In post 354, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok, can you answer me this then. If you're not saying that its alignment indicative, what is your point in pointing it out using a buzz word like "overdefensive" which is frequently associated with scumminess? If you're not saying its scummy it seems an awful lot like well poisoning to me.

What are you trying to accomplish in your questions with Eirolox? Because it seems to me a lot like you're grandstanding with no particular purpose towards discerning alignment.
Even though I get that TSQ is the one who brought up the point first so why wouldn't BBT reply to it etc.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Please dear god everyone go back and read the exchange between me and BBT starting on post 346 and tell me with a straight face BBT is town.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: BBT
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 am

In post 380, Aisa wrote: Even though I get that TSQ is the one who brought up the point first so why wouldn't BBT reply to it etc.
My questioning of Eira was based on him not reading the game closely and asking him why his town read on you was so strong that he was willing to go bat for you even though he said it was based on vibes/gut. That was the bulk of my post which TSQ conveniently ignored.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 383, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 380, Aisa wrote: Even though I get that TSQ is the one who brought up the point first so why wouldn't BBT reply to it etc.
My questioning of Eira was based on him not reading the game closely and asking him why his town read on you was so strong that he was willing to go bat for you even though he said it was based on vibes/gut. That was the bulk of my post which TSQ conveniently ignored.
That is not responsive to my questions. They were more specific than "explain what your questions were based on."

1) Why did you feel the need to call out his defensiveness if you don't think its a scum tell? (famously, according to you.) and

2) What was your goal in making the post and how does it help you discern his alignment, especially with the dismissiveness of your town how did you expect a town player to respond to you vs a scum player
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Aisa »

Thanks BBT ^^
I think TSQ comes out of this looking towny. Tbh I feel them getting a bit of a point. I can also see this reaction from Town!BBT, but I think it's a little scum indicative overall, sorry.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

oh no "your town" instead of "your tone." I have freudian slipped and now must die. ;)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:57 am

I didn't call it out and I certainly didn't use it as a way to discern his alignment. Like, you're implying that I would have some sort of problem saying 'Hey you're being super defensive which is scummy' and you're still talking about defensiveness as well even though this new argument you have is based on how defensiveness was never a thing but now it is again.

I was wondering why Eira was so into hard defending Aisa despite the read not being strong and to wonder whether he was a) pocketing a potential townie by defending someone under pressure or b) looking to white knight someone who could potentially get elimmed

Like, that seems super obvious?

What dismissiveness are you referring to?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean the whole reason I decided to go with this play is I think that your play so far this game closely resembles that of a scum player trying to be aggressive and forceful in order to look like a town player trying to shake things up and get reactions but I don't think there's a lot in any of your posts thats likely to give you good information about anyones alignment which is generally the big difference between town being forceful like this vs scum trying to mimic that style.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:58 am

I see, if that's the case you have made some bad assumptions about both my play and about me as a player.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Grib »

Hm.

Can't say I have a ton of faith in the deliberately weak argument method but I want to see where it takes us.

Either he was doing that with me as well or he was just being annoying for fun.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 387, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I didn't call it out and I certainly didn't use it as a way to discern his alignment. Like, you're implying that I would have some sort of problem saying 'Hey you're being super defensive which is scummy' and you're still talking about defensiveness as well even though this new argument you have is based on how defensiveness was never a thing but now it is again.

I was wondering why Eira was so into hard defending Aisa despite the read not being strong and to wonder whether he was a) pocketing a potential townie by defending someone under pressure or b) looking to white knight someone who could potentially get elimmed

Like, that seems super obvious?

What dismissiveness are you referring to?
My whole point is that you're not using it to discern their alignment and therefore mentioning it serves no purpose other than a) dismissing them and b) poisoning the well. I am asking why you're mentioning it if you're NOT saying its something that gives you insight into alignment. Generally people have a point for what they say in games of mafia. So when you start with "defensive much" it sets the tone for the whole post, given that "defensive" is generally used as an attack in mafia.

To the second point what about your post would actually help you discern that information? It seemed like an attempt to provoke a response that would be emotionally charged and not that relevant. Did you expect Eirolox to be like "oh yeah I'm trying to white knight someone" or something? Did you actually think the question would lead to information about Eirolox's alignment?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Grib »

In post 385, Aisa wrote:Thanks BBT ^^
I think TSQ comes out of this looking towny. Tbh I feel them getting a bit of a point. I can also see this reaction from Town!BBT, but I think it's a little scum indicative overall, sorry.
What part of it seems town to you, and what part of his reaction moves the needle closer to scum?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 390, Grib wrote:Hm.

Can't say I have a ton of faith in the deliberately weak argument method but I want to see where it takes us.

Either he was doing that with me as well or he was just being annoying for fun.
Some combination of both. I wasn't actually doing DWA with you I was just annoyed with you for focusing on something I thought was stupid and trying to antagonize you to read you while doing it. I'm not sure I got anything useful out of it tbh.

DWA isn't like a slam dunk scum tell or anything but its a data point and the reactions to the reveal are pretty important to and I just don't see a world where BBT is town with how they've responded here.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Grib »

I can appreciate you playing the game in a way that makes you happy, especially if you're on my team and conribute to solving the game. But I get easily tilted when deliberately antagonized, which I don't think is going to be worth much alignment-wise. And I don't like being mad at people in a game.

Whether what I focus on has value to you isn't super relevant to me, because I have to process the game with the brain between my skull, not yours.

Not being dismissive or condescending, just laying out my position as clearly as possible to minimize friction.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 394, Grib wrote:I can appreciate you playing the game in a way that makes you happy, especially if you're on my team and conribute to solving the game. But I get easily tilted when deliberately antagonized, which I don't think is going to be worth much alignment-wise. And I don't like being mad at people in a game.

Whether what I focus on has value to you isn't super relevant to me, because I have to process the game with the brain between my skull, not yours.

Not being dismissive or condescending, just laying out my position as clearly as possible to minimize friction.
I appreciate this. I can't promise I won't try to antagonize you if I feel like I need to in order to fulfill my win condition but I also pretty strongly feel like the point of this is a game to have fun so I don't want to make the game unpleasant for you if I can help it.

So, long story short: Heard and understood.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Grib »

Cool stuff.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

btw if BBT flips scum Aisa's posts feel EXTREMELY bussy to me.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Elements »