Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 420, Aisa wrote:because I am the one scumcasing Fire now. I
hawt
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

Definitely don't like how BBT went about that argument (esp. the OMGUS) but this one does also see it as potentially being not very AI. Pretty half and half on if it's scummy or not overall. As for Aisa, this one will probably need to ISO her posts and try and draw a conclusion itself.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 420, Aisa wrote:I actually can't tell if Fire is still sring me from these posts.
not sure why you think that would change my mind. You changing read was just noteworthy. You could be bussing or you could be jumping on someone you see as not going to be townie as you thought. I don't know.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 420, Aisa wrote:You criticised my page 1-2 read for being "surface level". What else do you expect? It's not like I presented it as anything different.

You said my argument was shallow and did the "I expected better quality from you" thing. Hey, I mean, maybe you're right and there's some sort of difference from my usual play that I cannot perceive. But I actually feel like I am the same Aisa as ever, and behind the quick-and-dirty "I tend to townread lots of quick posting" I did stop, reassess, and decide that I still wanted to stand by that tell.
it wasn't just surface level. it made no sense and when you later justified it. You self contradicted yourself, which isn't scummy itself. It just looks like ur trying to justify a read that made no sense which frankly why as scum do u need to do and u just go with this route of saying its just early feelings.

also theres lots of stuff shea is throwing out about BBT and i skimmed and should address it but tbh im just not that into it.
Show

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 1.06

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-10-18 11:30:00).

VC
Elements [4]:
Aisa [], Eiralox [], Bellaphant [], Not_Mafia []
BlueBloodedToffee [3]:
Grib [], Thestatusquo [], Elements []
Aisa [2]:
Firebringer [], Enchant []
HighPrincessErinys [1]:
Frogsterking []
Thestatusquo [1]:
BlueBloodedToffee []

Not voting [2]:
Solway Firth, HighPrincessErinys []

Flavor
Spoiler: I Think You Should Leave
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 428, Firebringer wrote:
In post 420, Aisa wrote:You criticised my page 1-2 read for being "surface level". What else do you expect? It's not like I presented it as anything different.

You said my argument was shallow and did the "I expected better quality from you" thing. Hey, I mean, maybe you're right and there's some sort of difference from my usual play that I cannot perceive. But I actually feel like I am the same Aisa as ever, and behind the quick-and-dirty "I tend to townread lots of quick posting" I did stop, reassess, and decide that I still wanted to stand by that tell.
it wasn't just surface level. it made no sense and when you later justified it. You self contradicted yourself, which isn't scummy itself. It just looks like ur trying to justify a read that made no sense which frankly why as scum do u need to do and u just go with this route of saying its just early feelings.

also theres lots of stuff shea is throwing out about BBT and i skimmed and should address it but tbh im just not that into it.
This ain't a fb town post either I don't think.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

spicy take
Show

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I have to be careful about reading you though. I want to catch you as scum pretty bad so that interferes with my ability to objectively analyze your posts. Luckily I have others to do it for me I suppose.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if this is your attempt at trying to get me to think ur town. ur failing btw
Show

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont care if you think I'm town or not.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

we both know u would say that as either alignment
Show

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Eiralox »

oh wow talking humans. i'll be back later in the day, eira'll have more time for this then
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 423, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm kind of confused by the "everyone posting is town and ughhhh" sentiments.

Everyone has posted in the last day except for one player. Most of them fairly substantively. Is there anyone in the lurkers y'all in particular want more conversation from?
There is a difference between active posters and recently posted. ;)

Enchant and Not_Mafia are unreadable, probably on purpose. SF doesn't have anything I can really divine. Same with Bella, though she's better than the others - I have a very light townread there but it's nothing I'm confident about with the content she has so far. The dollslot has a fair amount of posts but is kind of just blowing with the wind.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Grib »

Bleh forgot Eiralox. I like the response to BBT but that's about it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This is just how nm plays. It's frustrating but not much you can do about it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Time to try to engage frogsterking on his level.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.5.29

I know this is a thing you care about, how would you say BBT scores on this here.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 306, Enchant wrote:Scumreading me doesn't need explaination. I am lurk
Townreading me doesn't need explaination. I am charismatic

Putting me in top townread and top scumread does. Funnily, mostly scum doing that.

Anyway vote Aisa pls, if she is mafia, i claim credit for that, if she is not, i blame you all for being fools and following me.

It's literally win-win.
why lurk on Asia tho? coming in with 'trust me i got a high charisma score' really ain't gonna cut it for me.
In post 319, Enchant wrote:Overall bad expression

Can't explain it
is also something that I feel you need to expand upon. I'll get around to giving a more concrete take on why I think Asia is town, but right now I really expect more of a case here. i'm ok with folk being inactive, enchanted fae more so, but right now i'm gonna be looking at what exactly you and firebringer are saying about Asia, cos i'm not feeling it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 441, Eiralox wrote:

Putting me in top townread and top scumread does. Funnily, mostly scum doing that.

Anyway vote Aisa pls, if she is mafia, i claim credit for that, if she is not, i blame you all for being fools and following me.

It's literally win-win.
why lurk on Asia tho? coming in with 'trust me i got a high charisma score' really ain't gonna cut it for me.

Can't explain it
is also something that I feel you need to expand upon. I'll get around to giving a more concrete take on why I think Asia is town, but right now I really expect more of a case here. i'm ok with folk being inactive, enchanted fae more so, but right now i'm gonna be looking at what exactly you and firebringer are saying about Asia, cos i'm not feeling it.
why are you ok with enchant in particular being more inactive?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 343, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 253, Eiralox wrote: i mean I don't know who made you the grand arbiter of post rating, like is that some sorta accolade comes with a crown? and joking? about what? Fire liking NM? And when did frogster TR me for sorting..... i didn't really sort jack skwat thus far, only got my Asia feel, said i feel greenish on grib, and then later the iffy vibes i got from bella and elements, which isn't much tbh, i think bella is a ghost so meh and elements.... tbh hard to read for me atm.

And then you go on to say i said Elements i chasing the bunny?> after I said, in the post you kwouted, that Fire said that?
And fire did say that, and by that allusion i meant fire's numerous callouts and early focus on Asia.... which pinged me tbh, this early it's just weird, some actions perk me up like a gopher out a hole and that's one of 'em. I mentioned elements having Asia beneath the line, which again, pinged me cos what did Asia do that's scummy when elements posted that list?

So i mean i don't mind if u think my post is bad, whatever, i wasn't amalgamated to impress u, Asia feels town and that's that. This early I like to trust my gut, so i'm a happy sheep >.>
Defensive much?

I can give my opinion on whether a post is bad or not and your post was pretty bad. I did misread some of the post though, I missed where you mentioned Fire being focused on Aisa right after you spoke about Elements. This wasn't as much a defence of Elements as it was an accusation of you not reading the game closely (ironically)

Despite all those words you just posted, you also still haven't explained why you feel so strongly that Aisa is town.

The PEdit was not a reference to you, it was a reference to the post that popped up before I posted. That's pretty clear.

I mean i'm not a fan of day ones, and honestly where i skimmed its because there was a hole lotta meta fluff. but as i said, and especially this early in the game, i don't care what you think about my posts. when i got reads i wanna expand on, ill expand on 'em, and i'll do so for Asia as a start. But i'm not sure about the whole elements thing tho.... i get maybe u skimmed my post, some ppl tend to not take me seriosuly/find me abnoxious so meh, maybe u didn't see fire's name, but it could still be a pretty knee-jerk defense of elements? And regarding the p-edit, i mean if it's in a post addressed to me that's what i'll think... but i admit it did jank a bit, so i jumped the gun i assuming u were not taking me seriously
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 442, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 441, Eiralox wrote:

It's literally win-win.

Can't explain it
why are you ok with enchant in particular being more inactive?
i'm ok with inactivity in general if ppl don't make shitty votes or are obviously disconnected, or if i can get a feel for them..... and this is something i feel way more strongly on Day ones. like later on in some instances i'd consider lurking as scum indicative, but this early i'm all for giving rope cos im meh on day ones, so i'm sometimes inactive myself
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

that doesn't really answer my question at all.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Eiralox »

i mean i like enchant, from the little we've interacted so : P I want an answer for why Enchant is on Asia, but i'm ok if folk aren't as active day ones..... the one doesn't cancel the other, and me liking enchant doesn't mean i'm not holding open the possibility that they're scum.... they're pretty much null to me, but i want them to peek in and change my mind >.>
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 387, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I didn't call it out and I certainly didn't use it as a way to discern his alignment. Like, you're implying that I would have some sort of problem saying 'Hey you're being super defensive which is scummy' and you're still talking about defensiveness as well even though this new argument you have is based on how defensiveness was never a thing but now it is again.

I was wondering why Eira was so into hard defending Aisa despite the read not being strong and to wonder whether he was a) pocketing a potential townie by defending someone under pressure or b) looking to white knight someone who could potentially get elimmed

Like, that seems super obvious?

What dismissiveness are you referring to?

I mean honestly I don't think i defended Asia that hard, i only wondered why ppl were on Asia, cos from the get go i've gotten green vibes. so no, i mean it might be gut read but that doesn't mean it ain't strong.

i don't really see how I came off as defensive, snarky maybe, cos i mean if someone says my post is bad this early i can get prickly, i'd prefer if it if you were just direct and judged me on my actions, like 'i think eira's defense of Asia is bad'. Cos i gave other takes in that post that didn't have have anything to do with Asia or elements/fire so meh you saying the entire thing is iffy just rubbed me wrong. I mean i sorta get the sus on why I feel Asia is town, so i'll try to provide more than 'mah gut'
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 446, Eiralox wrote:i mean i like enchant, from the little we've interacted so : P I want an answer for why Enchant is on Asia, but i'm ok if folk aren't as active day ones..... the one doesn't cancel the other, and me liking enchant doesn't mean i'm not holding open the possibility that they're scum.... they're pretty much null to me, but i want them to peek in and change my mind >.>
I ask simply because my understanding of enchant's meta is that when they're not doing anything they're way more likely to be scum.

So it seemed a curious person to say that about in particular.

Not sure this is super important or anything but if you're town something to be aware of.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 448, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 446, Eiralox wrote:i mean i like enchant, from the little we've interacted so : P I want an answer for why Enchant is on Asia, but i'm ok if folk aren't as active day ones..... the one doesn't cancel the other, and me liking enchant doesn't mean i'm not holding open the possibility that they're scum.... they're pretty much null to me, but i want them to peek in and change my mind >.>
I ask simply because my understanding of enchant's meta is that when they're not doing anything they're way more likely to be scum.

So it seemed a curious person to say that about in particular.

Not sure this is super important or anything but if you're town something to be aware of.
i appreciate the sentiment i guess but i don't meta. all i've seen from enchant this game is 'im going to lurk, deal with it.' So on the whole null, but i'm not too hot on the Asia vote... so don't think i'm one to too easily trust, i mean just cos i like rocks doesn't mean i don't factor in that one can fall on my head, but u going 'don't trust enchant they tend to be lurkscum' is honestly not going to change my mind one way or another while we still got six days left.

I've said my bit to enchant and they can respond in their own time, if they do or don't, well, then i'll judge ; ) I like to handle what's before me rathe than dealing with past data, cos the universe isn't stable.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”