Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Having read the first 7 pages, here are my current opinions:
Moses le Fou: Not very scummy, except for this post:
Moses le fou wrote:Can we just lynch QuestionMark already? I think at this point we're at a crossroads and need the info gathered from a lynch. Let's give QM time to RC in case he's a doc or cop, but beyond that, it doesn't feel like anybody has anything new to say.
That was a while back, but I don't think he's done anything else that's scummy.

mrfixij: The buddying with SL is kind of suspicious, and post 148 seems like trying to cast suspicion on someone without actually having a valid reason for suspecting them.

Panamon: Bad logic. Period.

Mastin: Probably the question on everyone's mind is what I have to say about my predecessor's posts. I personally think he was just a newbie, and his posts fit with that. I don't think anything he's done can be construed as a scumtell or a towntell.

orangepenguin: Might be a scumbuddy with mrfixij. Otherwise not very scummy.

Everyone Else: Not particularly scummy.

Remember, this is just my thoughts 7 pages in. I still have 5 more pages to read. I'll do that tomorrow.

=======================================
Page 13 Votecount

WeatheredClown: (0/5)
Crysnia: (1/5) springlullaby,
mrfixij: (0/5)
Alduskkel: (1/5) WeatheredClown
Moses le fou: (2/5) Battle Mage, orangepenguin,
Scheherazade: (0/5)
Battle Mage: (2/5) Scheherazade, Moses le fou,
springlullaby: (0/5)
orangepenguin: (2/5) Crysnia, mrfixij,

Not Voting: (1/9) Alduskkel,

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch!
=======================================
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Alduskkel wrote:Moses le Fou: Not very scummy, except for this post:
Moses le fou wrote:Can we just lynch QuestionMark already? I think at this point we're at a crossroads and need the info gathered from a lynch. Let's give QM time to RC in case he's a doc or cop, but beyond that, it doesn't feel like anybody has anything new to say.
EBWOP: To clarify, I feel this is scummy because it shows an eagerness to lynch without giving much of a chance for QM to respond. Every townie counts.

Oh, and SL, nice to see you again, even if you did help get me lynched last game. :evil:
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij and ME? Where did that idea come from?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Oops, I meant mrfixij & Spring Lullaby. Post 150, just so you know.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Alduskkel wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Moses le Fou: Not very scummy, except for this post:
EBWOP: To clarify, I feel this is scummy because it shows an eagerness to lynch without giving much of a chance for QM to respond. Every townie counts.

Oh, and SL, nice to see you again, even if you did help get me lynched last game. :evil:
I did say "Let's give QM time to RC," so I did suggest we should wait, but at that point, I was mostly getting impatient with QM not responding. So yeah, you're right on that one.

Meanwhile, on to BM: Switching from one vote to another because of a gut feeling is incredibly non-committal.

And now you're accusing me of not believing my own argument? Where on earth are you getting this stuff? Yeah, I'm appealing to other players. Because I believe you're scum, but can't lynch you without their votes. Thus, I am showing them instances in the day in which they have agreed with the same principles that I'm arguing and applying them to your case. Surely, you don't think that I expect to get you lynched entirely by letting you bait me, do you?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crysnia wrote:I notice a lot of talk of strategy and people being "experts" on this game. I was under the assumption that this was a beginner game. Everyone who keeps assuming that they are more knowledgable about Mafia than the rest of us should 1)Stop beating up on the newbies who may not know much about the game and this is their first go 2)If you are really that advanced, then what the hell are you doing in the newbie game.

/rant
the word you seem to be looking for is: IC.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scheherazade wrote:@Battle Mage
Battle Mage wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:
I disagree with Battle Mage enough in his defence of Panamon
and his tone to keep my vote where it is: I don't think he's really strengthened or weakened my suspicion.
He acknowledged the one point I mentioned against Panamon as a potentially valid scum-tell
. He certainly gets points for honesty, but I never had issues with Panamon's honesty.
This paragraph bugs me. First you claim that
RED
and then claim that
GREEN
If i acknowleged the one point you made against Panamon, how are you disagreeing with my defence of him? How can you consider me defending him atall?
Schez wrote: Right now, the best direction seems to be getting Battle Mage to formally present a case against Moses le fou to justify his vote and going from there. Again, I don't see anything much against Moses so far, so before I consider voting for him, it would help if someone explained Battle Mage's vote better to me.
So you've kept your vote on me, but you are interested to follow my suspicions? Wtf?? :o

The case on Moses is pretty self explanatory. He is flailing openly, is trying to push a case he neither believes in, nor has any merit, and he won't admit he is wrong. Hence, he is scum.

BM
Perhaps I was unclear. That you agreed I was responding to a potentially valid scum-tell is honest, but it's not part of a defence of him. You just said something like "I'd agree with you if I didn't know Panamon's alignment." If you consider that a good defence, then I disagree with you. If that was a non-defence, then I'd only move my vote from you to lynch somebody scummier.
That's not a defence. It's a fact. :P
Schehezerade wrote: Which leads to the second point. I'm not less suspicious of you and you're not near lynching, so I'm not inclined to move my vote. Of course it's possible that I'm wrong and of course there's another mafia player out there so I'm going to see if you dig anything up. If either you or your suspects flip, it might tell me something about the other's alignment. I don't see what's so illogical about keeping my vote on you while expressing interest in your scum-hunt. It seems wisest to me.
Again, i've gotta query why you are expecting your alleged 'main suspect' to scumhunt for you. It seems to me like you are happy to pursue a BM-lynch unless i can find a hotter wagon for you to join. There's nothing inherently wrong with watching who your suspect interacts with. But i am a bit wary of the fact that you seem keen to hold onto my coat-tails, so to speak.

IGMEOY

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Moses le fou wrote: Meanwhile, on to BM: Switching from one vote to another because of a gut feeling is incredibly non-committal.
You should really look up the definition of 'non-commital'. A pocket dictionary is a worthwhile investment! lol
Moses Le Fou wrote: And now you're accusing me of not believing my own argument? Where on earth are you getting this stuff? Yeah, I'm appealing to other players. Because I believe you're scum, but can't lynch you without their votes.
If you believed in your case- No, if you HAD a case, the facts would speak for themselves. You are afraid to backtrack, and hence, are begging people to follow you blindly.
Moses Le Fou wrote: Thus, I am showing them instances in the day in which they have agreed with the same principles that I'm arguing and applying them to your case.
Lol, were you hoping that i'd be a fairly easy lynch? I guess popular support can change. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alduskkel wrote:Having read the first 7 pages, here are my current opinions:
Moses le Fou: Not very scummy, except for this post:

mrfixij: The buddying with SL is kind of suspicious, and post 148 seems like trying to cast suspicion on someone without actually having a valid reason for suspecting them.

Panamon: Bad logic. Period.

Mastin: Probably the question on everyone's mind is what I have to say about my predecessor's posts. I personally think he was just a newbie, and his posts fit with that. I don't think anything he's done can be construed as a scumtell or a towntell.

orangepenguin: Might be a scumbuddy with mrfixij. Otherwise not very scummy.

Everyone Else: Not particularly scummy.

Remember, this is just my thoughts 7 pages in. I still have 5 more pages to read. I'll do that tomorrow.
So, thus far, you dont find ANYONE very scummy?
I'll be interested to see your views on Moses Le Fou's case on me.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

WeatheredClown
WeatheredClown
Townie
WeatheredClown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 am

Post by WeatheredClown »

Crysnia wrote:I notice a lot of talk of strategy and people being "experts" on this game. I was under the assumption that this was a beginner game. Everyone who keeps assuming that they are more knowledgable about Mafia than the rest of us should 1)Stop beating up on the newbies who may not know much about the game and this is their first go 2)If you are really that advanced, then what the hell are you doing in the newbie game.

/rant
All newb games start out with a couple of experienced players to get the ball rolling.. additionally, we seem to be picking up more as newbs sub out.

On an unrelated note..
I may be changing my vote depending on what we hear from our new player..
[url=http://www.happyworldland.org]Are you happy?[/url]
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Battle Mage wrote:So, thus far, you dont find ANYONE very scummy?
Give me a chance, I still have 5 more pages to read. Plenty of time to pick up on scumtells.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hi Aldusk glad to see you here, even though I contributed to your lynch, I think you made the newbie game really good fun! :)

Weathered Clown, what do you think of BM?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I've finally finished reading, and it took me like 5 hours... here's what I have to show for it.

With regards to the argument between BM & Moses, I'm not really sure what to think. On the one hand Moses hasn't had the soundest logic, and I think BM makes some valid points against him. On the other hand, BM does seem more logical but I find his constant joking and friendliness to be somewhat akin to buddying up to all of us. And Moses does make some valid points against him. I'm kind of torn between who to believe, I'd like to hear more from them.

In the meantime, I think Crysnia is the most suspicious. She had bad reasoning for voting for Panamon: That he didn't vote, merely FoS'd. I hardly see that as a scumtell. (This was Post 40)

In Post 118, she casts suspicious on mrfixij because he's being "too helpful." Not only is this a fallacy ("too townie to be town"), but it also means that she's trying to get rid of a player she admits is helpful! That hardly seems productive.

As noted in Post 230, she only brings up the possible pairing of SL and mrfix after they attack her.

I think Crysnia has been behaving quite scummily, so
Vote: Crysnia.

Also,
FoS: mrfixij
for reasons also listed in 230.

In any case, I'm not really sure what your case on BM is, Moses. Could you explain to me what you're trying to say?

Finally, I don't see why L-2 is such a bad thing. I think voting someone to L-2 applies a healthy amount of pressure and if you really want to you can just unvote if they hit L-1. 2 votes won't just instantly happen.
Crysnia
Crysnia
Townie
Crysnia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Crysnia »

As noted in Post 230, she only brings up the possible pairing of SL and mrfix after they attack her.
I would like to point out that I was the third person to point out the pairing.

It is day one. The only defense that I have is that I am a simple vanilla townie. My vote for Orangepenguin still stands.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Okay, but the remaining 2 reasons still warrant a vote.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

How do I make solid points against BM without the soundest logic and without clearly making a case? I'm willing to clarify, but I'm not sure what you're saying, exactly.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Moses le fou wrote:How do I make solid points against BM without the soundest logic and without clearly making a case? I'm willing to clarify, but I'm not sure what you're saying, exactly.
I agree....with Moses. 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Crysnia
Crysnia
Townie
Crysnia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Crysnia »

Alduskkel wrote:Okay, but the remaining 2 reasons still warrant a vote.
Then obvious you really haven't read the past 12 pages. I've already addressed those two points.

You vote against me or you don't vote against me. I really don't care at this moment but my vote is staying where it is.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Alduskkel »

First of all:
Crysnia wrote:Then obvious you really haven't read the past 12 pages.
I wrote:I've finally finished reading, and it took me like 5 hours.
I want no more of this talk, Crysnia. I put in a ton of time for this game.

In any case, I did look at your posts again with a closer eye, and I think your reasons for voting for Panamon are reasonably solid. So I guess
unvote
since the remaining reason isn't good enough to warrant a vote.
Crysnia wrote:I've already addressed those two points.
Not really. You've pretty much only explained your vote for Panamon.

I'm going to take a better look at Moses' accusations against BM and maybe I'll come to a firmer conclusion.
WeatheredClown
WeatheredClown
Townie
WeatheredClown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:29 am

Post by WeatheredClown »

springlullaby wrote:Weathered Clown, what do you think of BM?
I think that BM is doing an admirable job. I haven't identified anything that he is doing as an obvious "slip up" but it is clear that he's working very hard to clear his name. This could just as easily be either because he is A) innocent or B) guilty. Given that, I've decided to go for simpler picks on day 1 in hopes that a pattern of guilt or innocence will immerge wrt BM.

Of course, having said all that, I would follow a BM vote if that's what we needed to move the game forward since its one of our few obvious possibilities. (Mastin seemed like another obvious one)
[url=http://www.happyworldland.org]Are you happy?[/url]
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I've taken a close look at both BM and Moses' posts again, and there cases against each other, this is the conclusion I came to:

-Panamon bandwagoned on Mastin for no good reason except for a "scummy vibe."
Neutral, see below.

-Rule Breaking could be either a townie trying to hard to scumhunt or a scum trying to stir up chaos.
Neutral

There's this:
Moses Le Fou wrote:Quick aside: Why isn't springlullaby backing me up on this? Didn't SL push on Schez basically because he has observed that he's only been tempted to break the rules when he's scum? Wasn't that the crux of SL's push against Schez?
Buddying up? Maybe trying to get your scum buddy to help you out?
+Scum to Moses Le Fou

Scummy statements like:
Battle Mage wrote:You clearly dont even believe your own arguments.
Oh yeah, I'm sure Moses doesn't believe his own arguments. :roll:
+Scum to BM

And then there's this:
Battle Mage wrote:Plus i think [Panamon's] reason was perfectly acceptable for a vote at this stage.
It was, in fact, acceptable at that stage in my opinion as it was still only page 2.
-Scum to BM

Overall I don't think Panamon himself has done anything scummy. But BM's response to accusations seems scummy.

To sum things up, BM has:
-Used Bad Logic, such as:
Battle Mage wrote:You claim as part of the case against me that putting someone at L-2 is scummy, and yet you put me at L-2, SOLELY BECAUSE OF THIS.
Not solely because of it, but also because Panamon's rule breaking too. And:
Battle Mage wrote:Rulebreaking is not scummy. You can take this to just about any experienced player on site, and they will tell you the same thing.
Do you have any proof of this claim?
-Cast suspicion on people without backing it up without evidence.
Battle Mage wrote:Scheherazade is giving me bad vibes. Will carry on reading tomorrow probably.
So, in conclusion, I don't think votes for Panamon were justified, but accusations against BM stirred up an interesting response which I think deserves a vote.
Vote: Battle Mage

Battle Mage, what say you to my accusations? Moses, what say you when I say that Panamon did nothing scummy?
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

I have to admit that I wasn't 100% on Panamon. It was more like I was at 80% or so, but my next guesses were scarcely cracking the 50% mark (fijit and Crysnia, for the record). And it's not as much WHAT Panamon did as HOW he did it. I was concerned that mastin was at L-2 and looked back to figure out why. So I looked back to figure out why Panamon put him there. And he didn't give much of a reason. And while you might disagree, I do feel that L-2 is a precarious place to have a player for basically no reason. His lack of reasoning for voting, plus his nonchalance in going from Schez to mastin (which read as "I can't get this bandwagon going, maybe I'll jump on one that's already running"), plus his earlier incident with Panamon amounted to enough little things to convince me that he was our best bet.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Alduskkel »

That's a pretty good explanation, Moses. I see where you're coming from, even if I don't agree that L-2 is a particularly precarious place.

[impatient]Still waiting on BM; he's already posted in several other places just today. I wonder why he hasn't posted.[/impatient]
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

[impatient]O Battle Mage, Battle Mage! wherefore art thou Battle Mage?
-Spoken by Juliet (with slight modifications) in the play
Romeo and Juliet
by Shakespeare

BM has been posting a lot in other places... possibly avoiding the game purposefully???

And if the rest of the players have anything new to say, then I'd like you to say it. Only 2 posts yesterday...[/impatient]
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Scheherazade »

Let's just lynch him, then, and see what happens.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”