Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Herpa derp *towns about*
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Grib »

Minor pros dodge because I’m too lazy to check when I last posted. Happy to see several new pages, just can’t really look at the thread until end of the work day.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Aisa, is there a spot in your reads for the person who continues to hard town read you with no real reason for it?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 453, Solway Firth wrote:
In post 234, Grib wrote:Sooo… I made a case for Frog being scum. As of right now none of the concerns I have have been addressed. The only “defense” I’ve seen is that Frog doesn’t play logically, which isn’t helpful at all.

That being said, he claims that he’s good at sussing scum out on Day 1, so I’m happy to let him scumhunt and reevaluate my own read based on how he does his thing.

Other than that, I really don’t have much to say. Last night more than half the player list had less posts than the mod. I think Fire is town and Frog is scum. Everyone else is a big fat question mark.
Let me put it this way. Frog doesn’t play illogically, he rather works behind-the scenes and isn’t always forthcoming with his thoughts. He also says things he may not fully believe and manipulates others to advance the town agenda. This often leads to him being scumread for tone and being manipulative. Frogster struggles to replicate this as scum. I do not have any personal experience with Frogster but I have skimmed through several of Frogster’s games and in those games seen people describe his meta.
Thanks for the shittiest Townsend of all time. Can you post a reads list with explanations please?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:36 am

Post by Aisa »

BBT: Urrggghhhh this moment probably had to come sooner or later but I was hoping it would be later.

I still think Eiralox is probably town. It did cross my mind yesterday that if they're not then I'm making an absolute fool of myself. I tried looking for a scum game but didn't find any.

Things that might make me think they're scum eventually: admittedly they could be hiding and looking like they're doing things by sheeping a lot of the things I say. However, I feel that this is mitigated by the fact they've produced some independent content e.g. by talking to you by now.

Evidence that makes me think they're town that I haven't commented on yet: the promising to elaborate on a read and then needing at least a couple of real-life days to do is something I've seen them do before as town.

I still feel their play is more consistent with them being town than them being scum.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Shea

Breadcrumb something something
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:43 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 504, Aisa wrote:Evidence that makes me think they're town that I haven't commented on yet: the promising to elaborate on a read and then needing at least a couple of real-life days to do is something I've seen them do before as town.

I still feel their play is more consistent with them being town than them being scum.
Smooth.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@Bella

@Gribs

@Fire

@Elements

@Enchant

Can you confirm there's an up to date list on who all you Town read in your ISO, and if there isn't can you post one?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:59 am

Post by Elements »

Why do you want a list of town reads? So you know who to night kill?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:14 am

Post by Enchant »

I will nightkill Elements.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 440, Thestatusquo wrote:Time to try to engage frogsterking on his level.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.5.29

I know this is a thing you care about, how would you say BBT scores on this here.
Lol I'm not scum with BBT, officer. I swear, honestly :shifty:
In post 413, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 411, Frogsterking wrote:I would be more open to listening to your idea about the Weak Argument Method even though it's clearly not supported by any research if you weren't so quick to put me down at every opportunity.
I think disagreeing with your methods does not equal putting you down. But I also don't think this is a productive use of either of our time, this argument. I do not buy your methods and I don't think there's anything you can say or do that will make me given my experience reading a bunch of your games.

The only thing that's annoying here is you trying to hold me hostage by saying you wont even consider my arguments unless I agree with your scum hunting methods. Which I'm just straight up not going to do because I've seen no evidence they catch scum anywhere.
This is projection because:

1) There is no evidence anywhere that your methods catch scum.

2) I think disagreeing with your methods doesn't equal trying to hold you hostage.

3)

4)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 508, Elements wrote:Why do you want a list of town reads? So you know who to night kill?
Exactly.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:25 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 509, Enchant wrote:I will nightkill Elements.
I'm interpreting this to mean Elements is your only Townread.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:25 am

Post by Enchant »

No, i am my only townread but i won't kill myself because killing self is wrong guys don't do it
Wizard-Mercenary

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

This Towncore is explosive
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:34 am

Post by Enchant »

ty

you also look dynamite
Wizard-Mercenary

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 508, Elements wrote:Why do you want a list of town reads? So you know who to night kill?
In post 511, Frogsterking wrote:
Exactly.
I'm trying to see whether we have any collective insight into the slots which are harder to read. I call it "Town reading by proxy."
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:00 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 499, Aisa wrote:I want to put HPE in my towncore. I agreed with whoever said it was "blowing with the wind" and in some sense it still feels like an apt description in that often Erinys goes with a point someone else brought up first. However, even when all it is doing is arguably sheeping someone else's read it explains its thought process in a way that feels pretty reasonable. The explanations are really helpful and make it sound like its reads are real.

Beyond that, I feel a bit lost. There is a world in which the scumteam is something like Not_Mafia, Enchant, and Solway Firth, and if we are in that world I am still doing alright. If we are not in that world, however, then I am fast running out of people to scumread. Even Elements feels kinda like good vibes, although obviously my brain is telling me I'd be a fool to townlock her for, uh, being generally unable to explain her read on me.

I guess it could be some of BBT/Bella/Frog, and who knows what alignment Fire is, but ugh.

Maybe I'll just chill on the Frog wagon for a while. VOTE: Frogsterking
If anything I would say that’s scum indicative for HPE. You’re saying that HPE is repeating thoughts by others but framing them in a helpful way. I think that rather points to HPE being scum and uncomfortable with making its own points.
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 503, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 453, Solway Firth wrote:
In post 234, Grib wrote:Sooo… I made a case for Frog being scum. As of right now none of the concerns I have have been addressed. The only “defense” I’ve seen is that Frog doesn’t play logically, which isn’t helpful at all.

That being said, he claims that he’s good at sussing scum out on Day 1, so I’m happy to let him scumhunt and reevaluate my own read based on how he does his thing.

Other than that, I really don’t have much to say. Last night more than half the player list had less posts than the mod. I think Fire is town and Frog is scum. Everyone else is a big fat question mark.
Let me put it this way. Frog doesn’t play illogically, he rather works behind-the scenes and isn’t always forthcoming with his thoughts. He also says things he may not fully believe and manipulates others to advance the town agenda. This often leads to him being scumread for tone and being manipulative. Frogster struggles to replicate this as scum. I do not have any personal experience with Frogster but I have skimmed through several of Frogster’s games and in those games seen people describe his meta.
Thanks for the shittiest Townsend of all time. Can you post a reads list with explanations please?
I can in around 7 hours.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 505, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Shea

Breadcrumb something something
Please respond to my question.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Oh you just did.

I'm not saying you're scum with BBT I'm trying to get you to vote bbt.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

But that is a truly bizarre response.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also i would caution anyone against putting firebringer in a town bin for that last round of posting. That's extremely within his scum range.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: HPE

Just skimming, but 517 is a take I agree with, which I touched lightly on in an earlier post.

I haven’t posted a list yet because I’d probably waffle too much. I’ll post one when I can sit down and take in the thread as a whole.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 500, Frogsterking wrote:Herpa derp *towns about*
This post doesnt really fit into my idea of what town frogster looks like.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”