hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:17 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

vote count 2.3 !

furtiveglance (3):
Enchant, Cape90, marcistar
Save The Dragons (2):
Big Chungus Gaming, Frogsterking
marcistar (2):
furtiveglance, PookyTheMagicalBear
Big Chungus Gaming (2):
Save The Dragons, MathBlade
MalcolmTucker (1):
MariaR
MathBlade (1):
Titus

not voting (3):
Not_Mafia, MalcolmTucker, Toogeloo

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to blow someone up. day 2 starts now and ends in (expired on 2022-10-23 14:51:54)

modorator notes
  • prodding mariar & big chungus gaming
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:44 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Sorry, I know I'm flaking content-wise which I never usually do. This game has a few fairly high content players I have no familiarity with - Cape90, BCG and now Mathblade. You could maybe put Maria in there but they don't post so much. It makes the game as a whole quite opaque since I don't even have the basic starting point of sorting in the microcosm of a few big characters. So my plan was to vote lurky/low content slots instead. But now I'm leaning towards MathBlade's conclusion that the louder group has scum in and voting in there is good for town. These are just my general thoughts.

No one's really hopped on marci, I'll sheep what I believe is a loud town in MathBlade

VOTE: BigChungusGaming
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1469, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1468, MalcolmTucker wrote:As town you can generally find a bit of a mix in terms of my contributions simply based on how much I can get into the game - been a couple where I was useless and disengaged without many reads, been others where I was a lot more open.
So are you “into” this one? I don’t see many useful contributions? Can you help me find yours?
I would say I've worked my way into it yes - last weekend I wasn't available so wasn't too vocal then but I'd argue I've been pretty consistent in having reads and views on the gamestate. I'm sort of confused here by how you're reading me - on the one hand you think I'm pretty loud and confident this game, on the other hand you don't think I have that many opinions or views.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 161, MalcolmTucker wrote:Agreed on Fennec, also feel Cape/Frog look town. Much of the posting feels TvT so far.
In post 186, MalcolmTucker wrote:Don't particularly understand all the early attention or the scumreads on Cape.

Nero has looked a bit more defensive but too early for anything on the level of a proper scumread on the slot so far.
In post 200, MalcolmTucker wrote:I like Fennec's approach so far, they seem open and townie.
In post 355, MalcolmTucker wrote:Whether for the reasons presented or not so far I think Maria looks quite scummy here. There's a cagey defensiveness to some of their posts after being accused which vibes with me as scum trying to clear their name but not wanting to look overly desperate but panicky while doing so.

I think Fennec vs Frog is TvT. Fennec very much feels like they're thinking out loud in the thread in a townie way, while I find Frog's play can be quite erratic but engaged when they are town. I'm not particularly seeing strong scum motivation from either of them at the moment.
In post 677, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 390, MariaR wrote:I've been trying to think of if there's a worldview where Frog is just a villa who is wrong but I can't get over the fact they just made up a worldview that never existed to begin with, and acted like they had this grand bait scheme. (didn't happen)

MT needs to have more votes on them, just look at that iso and tell me that's a villager mindset and not someone just watching from the sides taking shots posting busywork. It's such an obvious wolf iso
This is a lazy post and feels like an attempt to shift attention away from their Frogster read which clearly wasn't happening onto me. I've been relatively low activity so far but "watching from the sides taking shots" doesn't make sense, either I am watching from the sides and doing nothing or I am taking shots and committing to reads. Can't be both.
In post 678, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 459, MariaR wrote:I'm more confident on MT being wolf than Frog so I'd go MT>Frog after my flip. Glad to see I still got it on the "no one can read my slot" after a year away heh.
Again really not seeing why Maria is "confident" in me being scum and probably teammates with Frogster at a point when I'd made a handful of posts, a light scumread is fine if you so wish, anyone saying they are confident of scum who's made a dozen or so posts feels like they're making it up aside from the odd genial read.
In post 680, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 514, KittyTacky wrote:I'm getting really bad vibes from Big Chungus Gaming, like the slot they replaced is a scum slot under pressure and they're flailing, I'll finish my catchup to vote atl.
I agree with Kitty's read here, BCG's posts have felt pretty trolly so far but not in a particularly natural or relaxed way, like they want to avoid posting content of note while using a more comedic tone to hide behind that.
In post 681, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 562, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Also mariar is one of the best players of this game so the fact we have scumreads that align is a sign i think she is town between frog/maria
One of Maria/BCG seems likely, probably not paired. A world where BCG relies on town Maria being killed to them attempt to gain town-cred here seems possible.
In post 686, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 683, Frogsterking wrote:MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
Not sure I'm seeing STD scum to be honest. They'd not contributed a lot but it can happen as town, especially in large games if things get busy. Their early posts were sparse but I'd argue there's genuine reads/content there. Their response to you felt a bit over the top but quite genuine as well - do you not think inactive scum would at least want to make an attempt to get you onside?

I found it slightly surprising you went for that vote actually when catching up (albeit I skimmed some pages) because it felt a bit out of nowhere as a confident read given STD's relative inactivity. I don't think it's coming from you as scum though, just an area of disagreement.
In post 726, MalcolmTucker wrote:On STD, the big rant against Frogster does deflect a bit...but I feel like STD has typically been much calmer/less confrontational when I've correctly accused them of being scum previously? Or more hedgy at least. It's making me lean more to frustrated town here. Scum want to win sceptic townies over and I don't feel like their responses to Frogster come with that intention.
FAO Math - as a sample I'd argue all of this demonstrates a pretty clear pattern of me having views on the gamestate and opinions on who is likely to be town/scum.

Marci accused me of going for an easy read in Maria but I'd argue I put out a reasonable and logical town defence of STD who was accumulating a fair few scumreads at the time.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:06 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1476, furtiveglance wrote:Sorry, I know I'm flaking content-wise which I never usually do. This game has a few fairly high content players I have no familiarity with - Cape90, BCG and now Mathblade. You could maybe put Maria in there but they don't post so much. It makes the game as a whole quite opaque since I don't even have the basic starting point of sorting in the microcosm of a few big characters. So my plan was to vote lurky/low content slots instead. But now I'm leaning towards MathBlade's conclusion that the louder group has scum in and voting in there is good for town. These are just my general thoughts.

No one's really hopped on marci, I'll sheep what I believe is a loud town in MathBlade

What did you think of Marci's case on me as someone who scumread me initially but seems to have cooled on said read a bit? The more I read it the less I like it - it's long and looks detailed and well thought-out at first but when I go back to it now it just looks quite desperate with most of the complaints primarily being about my somewhat noncommittal style.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:06 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1476, furtiveglance wrote:No one's really hopped on marci, I'll sheep what I believe is a loud town in MathBlade

no
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:07 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1479, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1476, furtiveglance wrote:Sorry, I know I'm flaking content-wise which I never usually do. This game has a few fairly high content players I have no familiarity with - Cape90, BCG and now Mathblade. You could maybe put Maria in there but they don't post so much. It makes the game as a whole quite opaque since I don't even have the basic starting point of sorting in the microcosm of a few big characters. So my plan was to vote lurky/low content slots instead. But now I'm leaning towards MathBlade's conclusion that the louder group has scum in and voting in there is good for town. These are just my general thoughts.

What did you think of Marci's case on me as someone who scumread me initially but seems to have cooled on said read a bit? The more I read it the less I like it - it's long and looks detailed and well thought-out at first but when I go back to it now it just looks quite desperate with most of the complaints primarily being about my somewhat noncommittal style.
imagine thinking im confident

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:09 am

Post by marcistar »

i think someone spiked my hot chocolate it tastes funky

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1481, marcistar wrote:

imagine thinking im confident
What did you think of my response to your scumread post on me? Much of your contention with me seems to be based on stuff that's generally just how I play the game irrespective of alignment. I've explained why I've been noncommittal on some reads in particular (such as Furtive) while still having plenty of views in general.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It made me think AGAIN again about you, and now I'm still not sure on either of you.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:13 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1483, MalcolmTucker wrote:What did you think of my response to your scumread post on me? Much of your contention with me seems to be based on stuff that's generally just how I play the game irrespective of alignment. I've explained why I've been noncommittal on some reads in particular (such as Furtive) while still having plenty of views in general.
i didnt read it yet since im at work

but a knee ways

why would i listen to ur own thoughts on ur play :yawn:

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1484, furtiveglance wrote:

It made me think AGAIN again about you, and now I'm still not sure on either of you.
Maybe I'm too forgiving but on the basis of recent posts my read on you is slightly shifting back to town. I am finding your playstyle a bit different to previous games but I've also been in the position myself as town before where I'm just struggling for definitive reads and end up sounding a bit incoherent and uncertain as a result.

If you were scum here you'd be good enough to come across as a bit more decisive on some slots to try and cool down any criticism - I feel like your most recent posts seem kinda honest about where you're at.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I feel like MT has contributed a lot I'm confused why people think he didn't

I think I'd go for a MariaR wagon still I do not understand why people let up the gas on that one

Titus isn't really doing anything

I dunno where BCG went

Mathblade does seem town but I didn't like his predecessor

I feel like if pooky were scum he'd be doing more or having some gimmick he does seem a little lackluster this game maybe I'm not sure what that means about his alignment

Fennec was pretty town and furtive hasn't done anything to change my mind on that
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1485, marcistar wrote:
In post 1483, MalcolmTucker wrote:What did you think of my response to your scumread post on me? Much of your contention with me seems to be based on stuff that's generally just how I play the game irrespective of alignment. I've explained why I've been noncommittal on some reads in particular (such as Furtive) while still having plenty of views in general.
i didnt read it yet since im at work

but a knee ways

why would i listen to ur own thoughts on ur play :yawn:
Because when your read is based on my playstyle primarily, it's relevant info to know that how I've played so far is perfectly within my range as a townie. Especially when your scumread doesn't have much beyond that.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1486, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1484, furtiveglance wrote:

Maybe I'm too forgiving but on the basis of recent posts my read on you is slightly shifting back to town. I am finding your playstyle a bit different to previous games but I've also been in the position myself as town before where I'm just struggling for definitive reads and end up sounding a bit incoherent and uncertain as a result.

If you were scum here you'd be good enough to come across as a bit more decisive on some slots to try and cool down any criticism - I feel like your most recent posts seem kinda honest about where you're at.
I'd be good enough :cool:
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:
I feel like MT has contributed a lot I'm confused why people think he didn't

I think I'd go for a MariaR wagon still I do not understand why people let up the gas on that one

I dunno where BCG went

I feel like if pooky were scum he'd be doing more or having some gimmick he does seem a little lackluster this game maybe I'm not sure what that means about his alignment

Fennec was pretty town and furtive hasn't done anything to change my mind on that
I think because I'll often admit to my own uncertainty when making reads or because I'll often offer counterarguments to my own stances I end up looking noncommittal and indecisive but I'd argue I've had plenty of reads.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:18 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1472, Titus wrote:
In post 1471, Toogeloo wrote:Hopefully not off a cliff.
Agreed.

@Pooky, why do you think spammy Math is town Math?
cuz when hes scum he doesnt post proactively he's too busy hiding from me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:I feel like MT has contributed a lot I'm confused why people think he didn't

I dunno where BCG went

The reason I thought he didn’t was Marci’s case

I like Malcolm’s recent posting and am downgrading him to null

I don’t get what he’s asking me about me being contradictory but other than that I get his posts.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

Upgrading I swear I can word good
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:Mathblade does seem town but I didn't like his predecessor
This is evidence of a thought process which is completely unnatural.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1491, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1472, Titus wrote:
In post 1471, Toogeloo wrote:Hopefully not off a cliff.
Agreed.

@Pooky, why do you think spammy Math is town Math?
cuz when hes scum he doesnt post proactively he's too busy hiding from me
Disagree on town Math necessarily spamming but okay for now.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1494, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1487, Save The Dragons wrote:Mathblade does seem town but I didn't like his predecessor
This is evidence of a thought process which is completely unnatural.
Why?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1432, Titus wrote:Cape can be scum...
I mean, I can be
But I'm not this game
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Big Chungus Gaming »

Hi i remembered this game

who did math replace?
I think std is the best choice today based on his rxn to my vote
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1498, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Hi i remembered this game

who did math replace?
I think std is the best choice today based on his rxn to my vote
I replaced charloux. You can check in the OP

I don’t see why you say STD is a good vote compared to like Frog who scumreads you yet is “testing” you while voting with you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”