fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8801 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8796, Dannflor wrote:thank you for trying fire if you are town

...I think I still wanna kill you tho :(
thats ok ik i already burned my "elim this person first" card on frog

but i heavily recommend you consider whether your reasons to townread dv are good enough or not
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8802 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 5186, DeasVail wrote:Also Obscure I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're here and please don't feel the pressure to be around or post more than you can. as long as you can post within the game rules' activity requirements you're good in my book
In post 8068, DeasVail wrote:Also Obscure played a pretty solid scumgame
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8803 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8799, Dannflor wrote:why does he hop off there as scum?
idk tbh, show that he's willing to vote there but not actually want to leave his vote there while he's gone from the thread?

like you could argue he'd want to leave it there if he knew hem was going to claim at some point but maybe that wasn't the plan yet, or maybe they knew that hem was going to have to leave thread too, or maybe he thought when he voted that hem was ready to claim and he actually didn't want to yet

but i think it's a weird interaction to come from town so
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8804 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 5454, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5447, Nero Cain wrote:part of me just thinks is scum. If we let her live and she's scum she'll just claim roleblocked.
We can lim her tomorrow then if that's how it plays out.

Idk this seems unnecessary to me
In post 5455, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: Deas
In post 5457, T3 wrote:Image

Morning Tweet (8): DeasVail, Nero Cain, Frogsterking, Dannflor, fireisredsir, Datisi, Ausuka, Ydrasse
DeasVail (4): marcistar, Enchant, obscure, Cat Scratch Fever
obscure (1): GuiltyLion
Something_Smart (1): Morning Tweet
Not voting (3): Something_Smart, scamper, Thestatusquo
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-18 20:44:00). With 17 alive it takes 9 to eliminate.
I want to say that defending MT and jumping on DV instead with obscure feels unlikely for scum to do. like just hammer MT at this point if the other viable wagon is your much more well hidden scum buddy instead of a townie
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8805 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

why tho

if mt is going to die and csf is on antispew then they probably want to set it up so it looks like she's pushing a town miselim

it's not a town supported wagon it's not going anywhere
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8806 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

MT claimed friendly neighbor

if the argument that MT should just be given a night to prove her role is listened to then DV probably dies

there's only like a day left on the deadline at this time
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8807 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i can't believe that scum actually expected mt to live with that claim lol
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8808 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 8805, fireisredsir wrote:csf is on antispew then they probably want to set it up so it looks like she's pushing a town miselim
ok well then we have to consider that CSF's other big push before she was outed was you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

mena also pushed dv and me mostly i think

flip us both
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 8767, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5732, DeasVail wrote:Looking back over end of day 2, Cat and Frog were the most vocal about exploring options other than tweet. Cat actually voted for me, which I think is much more likely from town because tweet was likely being eliminated at that stage and it’s just not a good look. Frog is reasonably likely to be town too because of the messy way in which (from an external perspective) he was very blatantly trying to make something else happen, but I am less certain on Frog-town than Cat-town because scum-Frog may have felt encouraged by town-Cat pushing for something else to happen.

I think that TSQ’s play end of D2 is scummy in a vacuum, but I’m not sure if it changes my overall read of them.

It’s also worthwhile considering the possibility that this was just a situation with low scum presence. S_S had earlier seemed to be encouraging the idea of a wagon on me without wanting to commit to it himself and while I probably think obscure is less likely scum than S_S, it is definitely possible.
In post 5735, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5733, Frogsterking wrote:Dease, I'm confused why Cat is even being considered in .
I don’t take anything for granted
also this post expressing a read on csf is weird to make when everyone else is treating csf as conftown

(shoutout to frog for calling that out, sorry buddy)
I skimmed over this but I was rereading and this actually feels like a good point

DV why were you making a read on CSF here? I was treating her as mech town and I'm pretty sure everyone else was doing the same thing?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

folks, never plan a wedding it's just A Lot

I will prioritize some time to get to this today. I skimmed along a bit and see that fire is pushing DV now? I will read and consider, but I'm wary. There's important VCs I need to revisit from when DV was a wagon. however I kinda gutfeel obscure wouldn't spend all his time tunneling and calling out a partner on principle

at some point I wanna reread D1/D2 for myself it's just an intimidating task at the moment it's been keeping me away. but I owe this game some Real Solviness and I am feeling guilty(lion) that I haven't given it that yet, I will embark on the reread today even if I don't have time to finish it in the same sitting
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 8807, fireisredsir wrote:i can't believe that scum actually expected mt to live with that claim lol
I wouldn't believe it either, it was obviously a bad claim. I would guess the main purpose that claim served was so buddies could either establish reason to vote or cement her death
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

to be clear in the vast majority of universes here I wanna lim fire today

I just wanna do my Homework before we do in case it's wrong and the game goes haywire
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Titus »

I'll be devoting time tonight
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I need to catch up on today.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8816 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 994, DeasVail wrote:People I am considering as scum currently:

Juice
HEM
Aristeia
Firebringer
Gamma
, GuiltyLion,
Skitter
VP Baltar

But I don't feel strongly enough about any of them right in this moment to make a proper (or even a fake) push.
In post 2274, DeasVail wrote:[Ausuka,
scamper
xofelf
ydrasse
]
[
HEM
Aristeia
, fireisred,
obscure
, relly]
[
Datisi
, Dannflor,
Firebringer
]
[Nero Cain,
VP Baltar
, GuiltyLion,
Frogsterking
]
[
Gamma
Marci
Conman
]
DV I'd like to hear more about your reads on HEM and obscure from day 1 and how they changed? I know it was a long time ago but shrug
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8797, fireisredsir wrote:
Spoiler: hem vote/unvote
In post 4400, DeasVail wrote:HEM, please claim
In post 4402, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: humaneatingmonkey
In post 4403, humaneatingmonkey wrote:did you just hammer
In post 4404, DeasVail wrote:i doubt it
In post 4405, DeasVail wrote:also i need to go

UNVOTE: humaneatingmonkey
In post 4406, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay

ill be back i really need to get off this site

if what i did was 2 anti-town 4 everyone then i guess that's my bad i just wanted to be part of this game

like dv framing this as equivalent to everyone else hopping off hem after he claimed is just shady af
That’s not what I’m doing. I’m saying that I don’t get why you’re using it as a point against me. Like it doesn’t make sense
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8803, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8799, Dannflor wrote:why does he hop off there as scum?
idk tbh, show that he's willing to vote there but not actually want to leave his vote there while he's gone from the thread?

like you could argue he'd want to leave it there if he knew hem was going to claim at some point but maybe that wasn't the plan yet, or maybe they knew that hem was going to have to leave thread too, or maybe he thought when he voted that hem was ready to claim and he actually didn't want to yet

but i think it's a weird interaction to come from town so
I think the obvious explanation here is that I wanted hem to claim but wasn’t comfortable leaving it in hammer range while I was away for an extended period of time?

How is that weird?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8810, Ausuka wrote:
In post 5732, DeasVail wrote:Looking back over end of day 2, Cat and Frog were the most vocal about exploring options other than tweet. Cat actually voted for me, which I think is much more likely from town because tweet was likely being eliminated at that stage and it’s just not a good look. Frog is reasonably likely to be town too because of the messy way in which (from an external perspective) he was very blatantly trying to make something else happen, but I am less certain on Frog-town than Cat-town because scum-Frog may have felt encouraged by town-Cat pushing for something else to happen.

I think that TSQ’s play end of D2 is scummy in a vacuum, but I’m not sure if it changes my overall read of them.

It’s also worthwhile considering the possibility that this was just a situation with low scum presence. S_S had earlier seemed to be encouraging the idea of a wagon on me without wanting to commit to it himself and while I probably think obscure is less likely scum than S_S, it is definitely possible.
In post 5733, Frogsterking wrote:Dease, I'm confused why Cat is even being considered in .
also this post expressing a read on csf is weird to make when everyone else is treating csf as conftown

I skimmed over this but I was rereading and this actually feels like a good point

DV why were you making a read on CSF here? I was treating her as mech town and I'm pretty sure everyone else was doing the same thing?
I agree that this looks scummy and I honestly don’t know.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8816, Ausuka wrote:
In post 994, DeasVail wrote:People I am considering as scum currently:

Juice
HEM
Aristeia
Firebringer
Gamma
, GuiltyLion,
Skitter
VP Baltar

But I don't feel strongly enough about any of them right in this moment to make a proper (or even a fake) push.
In post 2274, DeasVail wrote:[Ausuka,
scamper
xofelf
ydrasse
]
[
HEM
Aristeia
, fireisred,
obscure
, relly]
[
Datisi
, Dannflor,
Firebringer
]
[Nero Cain,
VP Baltar
, GuiltyLion,
Frogsterking
]
[
Gamma
Marci
Conman
]
DV I'd like to hear more about your reads on HEM and obscure from day 1 and how they changed? I know it was a long time ago but shrug
Obscure was someone who I was townreading for most of the time he was in the game because of generally townie energy and then his tunnel on me, which felt more like town to me. Menalque was the main reason for my change in read.
During most of day 1 I didn’t really see what others were to townread HEM but I remember thinking they were more town later and having doubts about them being scum when the wagon was a thing. Then I thought that their refusal to claim was scummy.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8819, DeasVail wrote:
In post 8810, Ausuka wrote:

I agree that this looks scummy and I honestly don’t know.
I think at the time I was looking at responses to the MT wagon and me as a potential alternative at the time and just reading people’s responses to that. I do think it’s weird that CSF as scum tried to get me wagoned when MT was not surviving, but yeah, why I wasn’t just like “oh CSF is town” is something I don’t really know and I realise it makes me look like I was informed but I promise I wasn’t?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8822 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:35 am

Post by DeasVail »

I also don’t really share fire’s sentiment of “lim us both” because if fire is not scum then something is very wrong and would require quite serious reevaluation.

I do think it’s fire though
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8823 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

I understand being down on yourself for having bad reads or not being obv town enough or some other reason

I understand not wanting to fight your own elimination if you think the game isn't that hard anyway

to an extent

but I still think fire is just all *too* willing to let himself be eliminated and I can't shake the feeling he is trying to look town more than he actually believes that its fine if he goes here

I had the same feeling last day phase and I feel like he should have at least a twinge more urgency to not be eliminated now that we're one day closer to lylo and... I don't see it
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8824 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8823, Dannflor wrote:I understand being down on yourself for having bad reads or not being obv town enough or some other reason

I understand not wanting to fight your own elimination if you think the game isn't that hard anyway

to an extent

but I still think fire is just all *too* willing to let himself be eliminated and I can't shake the feeling he is trying to look town more than he actually believes that its fine if he goes here

I had the same feeling last day phase and I feel like he should have at least a twinge more urgency to not be eliminated now that we're one day closer to lylo and... I don't see it
This is what I meant by it seeming like a performance. Fire is *saying* that we can eliminate them but the way they are going about the posts on me imo betrays that they are actually angling for getting me eliminated instead

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”