catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by catboi »

This is a boring post that people will not want to listen to but in all likelihood given a setup of 4 clan hoods of 5 players + 1 stray, which seems very probable at this point, alignments were distributed randomly between all players rather than being mod-assigned. It is possible, albeit unilikely, that a hood is pure.

If you want to use the clans as mental bracketing for sorting a group of people it's fine. Just please for fuck's sake don't start chain-limming people in endgame because "we haven't found the scum in their hood yet".
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 324, fireisredsir wrote:i don't feel like i have a confident read on alisae or norwee, i do lean town on val
Why's Val town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im not like super confident on it but i think he feels like town val to me
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 325, catboi wrote:This is a boring post that people will not want to listen to but in all likelihood given a setup of 4 clan hoods of 5 players + 1 stray, which seems very probable at this point, alignments were distributed randomly between all players rather than being mod-assigned. It is possible, albeit unilikely, that a hood is pure.

If you want to use the clans as mental bracketing for sorting a group of people it's fine. Just please for fuck's sake don't start chain-limming people in endgame because "we haven't found the scum in their hood yet".
I more or less just said something similar in the clan PT. But also don't stop looking for scum in a PT just because you found one, because there's almost certainly at least one clan with more than one scum.

The Clan PTs are just a tool to help scumhunt imo. Nothing more, nothing less.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

marashu do you have any reads
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Marashu »

I'm thinking catboi is town. Bell and Datisi kinda feels like scum theatre (or at least something's off about their interactions). Because of how our PT's been going I've been spending energy trying to parse that.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

what makes you think catboi town?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 327, fireisredsir wrote:

That's really kind of vague? Like what in specific have you seen that makes you think that? Elaborate a little for me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 330, Marashu wrote:Bell and Datisi kinda feels like scum theatre (or at least something's off about their interactions).
That's a pretty out there take. Why's that?
fireisredsir wrote:what makes you think catboi town?
Why did you ask about the least interesting part of the post, lmfao
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 325, catboi wrote:This is a boring post that people will not want to listen to but in all likelihood given a setup of 4 clan hoods of 5 players + 1 stray, which seems very probable at this point, alignments were distributed randomly between all players rather than being mod-assigned. It is possible, albeit unilikely, that a hood is pure.
DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE FOR THIS? WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE ALIGNMENT IS RANDOMIZED BETWEEN SUB GROUPS RATHER THAN WITHIN SUB GROUPS? IT'S INTUITIVE FOR ME TO ASSUME THEY ARE RANDOMIZED WITHIN THE CLANS RATHER THAN BETWEEN. I STILL BELIEVE 4 CATS WILL DEPART TO FORM SKY CLAN, AND THERE WILL BE 1 DARK ONE WITHIN THAT SUBGROUP OF CATS AS WELL.

HOWEVER, I HAVE NO EVIDENCE THIS IS THE CASE, THIS IS JUST WHAT MAKES SENSE PERSONALLY TO ME FROM A DESIGN STANDPOINT. CAN YOU ELABORATE ON WHY IT'S MORE PROBABLE ALIGNMENT IS RANDOMIZED BETWEEN SUB GROUPS?
In post 297, Mistyx wrote:we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far

(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
In post 322, Bell wrote:I'm tunneled on Datisi and they haven't even posted since the last time.

SCRDB goes up a little. with one point of hesitation + unfamiliarity. Consider it an asterisk.
I KNOW THAT I AGREED WITH YOU EARLIER ABOUT DATISI FEELING OFF, BUT SINCE THEN I'VE DECIDED SOMETHING FEELS OFF WITH YOUR POSTS AS WELL. ARE YOU HIDING ANYTHING? IN PARTICULAR, I DISLIKE THAT YOU ARE TUNNELING ON A MEMBER FROM ANOTHER CLAN. I FEEL THAT IS A GOOD WAY TO AVOID DIRECT CONFRONTATION EARLY ON.
In post 325, catboi wrote:If you want to use the clans as mental bracketing for sorting a group of people it's fine. Just please for fuck's sake don't start chain-limming people in endgame because "we haven't found the scum in their hood yet".
I PROMISE.
In post 330, Marashu wrote:I'm thinking catboi is town. Bell and Datisi kinda feels like scum theatre (or at least something's off about their interactions). Because of how our PT's been going I've been spending energy trying to parse that.
I'M NOT SURE I BUY THAT OUR PT HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT TO PARSE.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Bell »

I dunno what your fixation is on clan stuff. But I just scum read Datisi because their approach aligns with what I think of as their scum game.
It honestly seems like you're failing to apply ockham's razor here and making an assumption based on flavor. It's a waste of glucose, but okay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Bell »

Er, I've probably confronted 2 or more people and been giving takes unrelated to Datisi, so I guess you're not paying attention because I don't really see what benefit you get from making stuff up that clearly doesn't fit what I'm actually doing.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Marashu »

I've got my paranoid hat on for Titus but want her to be town.
fireisredsir wrote:what makes you think catboi town?
Well, the game has been going on for less than 24 hours and I feel like I've had the same thoughts as him at least twice already (, ). Beyond that, just a feeling for now.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Bell »

Please don't want people to be an alignment.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 333, catboi wrote: That's a pretty out there take. Why's that?
- doesn't feel real to me and I think I'm fixating on it.
SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
I'M NOT SURE I BUY THAT OUR PT HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT TO PARSE.
I mean parsing alignment, not content.
Bell wrote:Please don't want people to be an alignment.
Would you accept that I am not currently in a state of mind to accurately read Titus?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 334, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE FOR THIS? WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE ALIGNMENT IS RANDOMIZED BETWEEN SUB GROUPS RATHER THAN WITHIN SUB GROUPS? IT'S INTUITIVE FOR ME TO ASSUME THEY ARE RANDOMIZED WITHIN THE CLANS RATHER THAN BETWEEN. I STILL BELIEVE 4 CATS WILL DEPART TO FORM SKY CLAN, AND THERE WILL BE 1 DARK ONE WITHIN THAT SUBGROUP OF CATS AS WELL.

HOWEVER, I HAVE NO EVIDENCE THIS IS THE CASE, THIS IS JUST WHAT MAKES SENSE PERSONALLY TO ME FROM A DESIGN STANDPOINT. CAN YOU ELABORATE ON WHY IT'S MORE PROBABLE ALIGNMENT IS RANDOMIZED BETWEEN SUB GROUPS?
basically I think having a designated amount of scum per hood is bad design practice because it rewards people for making arbitrary assumptions about neighborhood just because they exist. In particular with the whole game being this setup it just makes more sense things would be random and it couldn't easily be metagamed - like, trying to answer the question "would to mod make the stray be scum" isn't really mafia because you're trying to guess what someone who isn't a player in the game was thinking. Whereas if it's purely randomyou have to actually bother to sort that player. I don't know ydrasse's design sense specifically, I'm not claiming to have any insider knowledge, but I imagine she'd trend toward not letting the setup be easily metagamed like that.
In post 335, Bell wrote:But I just scum read Datisi because their approach aligns with what I think of as their scum game.
Go on?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 332, catboi wrote:

That's really kind of vague? Like what in specific have you seen that makes you think that? Elaborate a little for me.
i mean i already explained the specific aspect of his play that was reminding me of his town play idk what more you want

like i can go pull up the posts from invictus that i think are similar if you really want me to but idk what you're hoping to accomplish here

feels a little weird i wouldn't expect you to care about this
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 333, catboi wrote:Why did you ask about the least interesting part of the post, lmfao
it was the part that i cared the most about hearing what he had to say
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Bell »

@Marashu, UNACCEPTABLE! *lemon* Yeah, that's fine.

@Catboi, but it's embarrassing to give my opinions on people.
In general I tend to think Datisi is workman-scum. They think content+Activity = a shield.
And it's their go to shield. How they approached my poke and their generic statements this early felt like they were aligning with that approach.
I'd like to sit on it, but I just never can help myself.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 341, fireisredsir wrote:

i mean i already explained the specific aspect of his play that was reminding me of his town play idk what more you want

like i can go pull up the posts from invictus that i think are similar if you really want me to but idk what you're hoping to accomplish here

No, I don't want to read his posts from invictus, I want to read the ones from
this game
you think are towny. If you
have to
, you can draw a comparsion between butt I want a little more than one sentence from you on why he's towny.

I'm literally just asking you to elaborate on your read, why are you getting so defensive?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Bell »

The important part to them was getting in my face and saying I was wrong in an active manner, rather than seemingly anything else. Because they thought it would look the best.

Then again, my brain is broken
sometimes.
all of the times. Please don't listen to me. Now I'm remembering all of the times I suck and it's really discouraging. Even though, technically I've not misread Datisi yet, but when you think about it, that's like 3 times which isn't credible and also I was a lot more patient there.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 343, Bell wrote:@Marashu, UNACCEPTABLE! *lemon* Yeah, that's fine.

@Catboi, but it's embarrassing to give my opinions on people.
In general I tend to think Datisi is workman-scum. They think content+Activity = a shield.
And it's their go to shield. How they approached my poke and their generic statements this early felt like they were aligning with that approach.
I'd like to sit on it, but I just never can help myself.
Bell wrote:The important part to them was getting in my face and saying I was wrong in an active manner, rather than seemingly anything else. Because they thought it would look the best.

Then again, my brain is broken
sometimes.
all of the times. Please don't listen to me. Now I'm remembering all of the times I suck and it's really discouraging. Even though, technically I've not misread Datisi yet, but when you think about it, that's like 3 times which isn't credible and also I was a lot more patient there.
Nah it's fine, I don't have a read on him yet, I was just interested in hearing why you had that read. That helps, thanks.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 344, catboi wrote:
In post 341, fireisredsir wrote:

No, I don't want to read his posts from invictus, I want to read the ones from
this game
you think are towny. If you
have to
, you can draw a comparsion between butt I want a little more than one sentence from you on why he's towny.

I'm literally just asking you to elaborate on your read, why are you getting so defensive?
. like i said, i think it's towny bc he is like, viewing the game as if it's revolving around him, that alisae has this master plan to start suspecting him prior to him pushing a case on them so that they can be the one to do it first. and just the overdramatic is kinda the same vibes. it's just like, really over the top in an almost conspiratorial way? and that feels like something that is not super easy to replicate as scum bc replicating it would require being self-aware of it as town and i think it's kinda inherently something that you wouldn't be very self-aware about. and additionally this matches up with my previous meta knowledge of val

and im just kinda weirded out by your approach to me here bc it feels v different than past experiences when you were town

idk if you've ever asked me to elaborate on a read in that way lmao
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 335, Bell wrote:I dunno what your fixation is on clan stuff. But I just scum read Datisi because their approach aligns with what I think of as their scum game.
It honestly seems like you're failing to apply ockham's razor here and making an assumption based on flavor. It's a waste of glucose, but okay.
In post 336, Bell wrote:Er, I've probably confronted 2 or more people and been giving takes unrelated to Datisi, so I guess you're not paying attention because I don't really see what benefit you get from making stuff up that clearly doesn't fit what I'm actually doing.
THIS IS THE ONLY VOTE I SEE IN YOUR ISO:
In post 135, Bell wrote:VOTE: datisi?
I'M NOT SEEING VERY MUCH IN THE WAY OF WORDS WITHIN YOUR ISO WHICH I CAN CHARACTERIZE AS CONFRONTATIONAL OTHER THAN YOUR PUSH ON DATISI. IN FACT, I WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR ISO AS QUITE PENSIVE BOTH IN COMPARISON TO OTHER PLAYERS AND TO YOUR OWN TOWN META. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DISAGREE WITH ABOUT MY STATEMENT?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 347, fireisredsir wrote:276. like i said, i think it's towny bc he is like, viewing the game as if it's revolving around him, that alisae has this master plan to start suspecting him prior to him pushing a case on them so that they can be the one to do it first. and just the overdramatic 294 is kinda the same vibes. it's just like, really over the top in an almost conspiratorial way? and that feels like something that is not super easy to replicate as scum bc replicating it would require being self-aware of it as town and i think it's kinda inherently something that you wouldn't be very self-aware about. and additionally this matches up with my previous meta knowledge of val

and im just kinda weirded out by your approach to me here bc it feels v different than past experiences when you were town

idk if you've ever asked me to elaborate on a read in that way lmao
Okay,
thank you
. See, this is the thing, I wasn't super interested in Val in particular, I was interested in
why
you were reading Val that way and wanted to hear more on it. It's easy to give one sentence on a person but it's a lot harder to fake an in-depth thought process. That explanation tracks, thanks. That type of read is very similar to ones I've made before. I'm not
sure
it applies to Val but also my track record reading him is, uhm, not very good so I'm reserving judgment.

I don't think i'm obligated to play every game the same way, because that wuld be boring, and sometimes my mood dictates I play differently. Also, I have not been great at reading you in the past! So of course I would try something different! Like, sorry if that was annoying but I'm
literally
just trying to get a read on you.I don't know why people tend to freak ot like this when I interrogate them on their stances.

Anyway you can be town~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”