Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8850 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey everyone, I'm here and gonna start doing some reading, but around for real time interfacing if anyone wants that too.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8851 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8847, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 8839, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8833, Dannflor wrote:
but ig its true that (maybe cocky) i do believe that if i were scum in this position i would win
This feels a little bit like a lie to me, or at the very least is incongruous with every other way you've presented yourself in terms of your confidence and mindset and worldview this game.
i think i am better at scum than at town idk how my confidence in my scumplay is related to my confidence in my townplay in this game

this gamestate is winnable by literally anyone as scum who chooses to put the requisite effort into doing so and is good at convincing people not to want to lim them
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8852 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Cocky me thinks theres a chance I could win this game as scum. Cocky me wouldn't "believe that I would win" in this position.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8853 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

skill issue tbh
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8854 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8851, fireisredsir wrote:
but ig its true that (maybe cocky) i do believe that if i were scum in this position i would win
This feels a little bit like a lie to me, or at the very least is incongruous with every other way you've presented yourself in terms of your confidence and mindset and worldview this game.
i think i am better at scum than at town idk how my confidence in my scumplay is related to my confidence in my townplay in this game

this gamestate is winnable by literally anyone as scum who chooses to put the requisite effort into doing so and is good at convincing people not to want to lim them
I like don't know how to make a big deal of this but do you really not see why its relevant when you were using it as an argument for how you would approach the game differently as scum than you are right now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8855 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

wow
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8856 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8846, Dannflor wrote:
In post 8743, fireisredsir wrote:i do still feel like a lot of the stuff with GL is kinda sus, but a big part of it also was how he handled HEM vs obscure, and that just reads as a lot more uninformed knowing that both were actually scum rather than just obscure. he'd probably be my second choice tho
In post 8743, fireisredsir wrote:shea i just don't think is scum. i don't really want to get into it. ik he's next in the poe but i don't think my reasons will convince anyone not to flip him anyway so whatever
ok

can you actually get into your read on shea? I feel like it's important if you're town

also like saying GL is kinda sus and he's your second choice doesn't seem congruent with how you're behaving this phase
yea i can talk about some stuff. probably tomorrow idk if i feel like digging tonight
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8857 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8850, GuiltyLion wrote:hey everyone, I'm here and gonna start doing some reading, but around for real time interfacing if anyone wants that too.
can I get your take on last page plus the beginning of this one.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8858 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8856, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8846, Dannflor wrote:
In post 8743, fireisredsir wrote:i do still feel like a lot of the stuff with GL is kinda sus, but a big part of it also was how he handled HEM vs obscure, and that just reads as a lot more uninformed knowing that both were actually scum rather than just obscure. he'd probably be my second choice tho
In post 8743, fireisredsir wrote:shea i just don't think is scum. i don't really want to get into it. ik he's next in the poe but i don't think my reasons will convince anyone not to flip him anyway so whatever
ok

can you actually get into your read on shea? I feel like it's important if you're town

also like saying GL is kinda sus and he's your second choice doesn't seem congruent with how you're behaving this phase
yea i can talk about some stuff. probably tomorrow idk if i feel like digging tonight
But I thought you already did it? Enough to not need to worry about me being scum over DV? Why would you need to dig?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8859 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8854, Thestatusquo wrote:I like don't know how to make a big deal of this but do you really not see why its relevant when you were using it as an argument for how you would approach the game differently as scum than you are right now?
i wasn't using it as an argument for how i would approach it differently

i was using it to reason my way into thinking that maybe dann is right and i should try harder to survive as town here
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8860 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8854, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 8851, fireisredsir wrote:

I like don't know how to make a big deal of this but do you really not see why its relevant when you were using it as an argument for how you would approach the game differently as scum than you are right now?
*how much to make a big deal of this
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8861 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8858, Thestatusquo wrote:But I thought you already did it? Enough to not need to worry about me being scum over DV? Why would you need to dig?
i would be pulling quotes or posts probably if i wanted it to convince anyone?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8862 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8859, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8854, Thestatusquo wrote:I like don't know how to make a big deal of this but do you really not see why its relevant when you were using it as an argument for how you would approach the game differently as scum than you are right now?
i wasn't using it as an argument for how i would approach it differently

i was using it to reason my way into thinking that maybe dann is right and i should try harder to survive as town here
I think you're probably smart enough to know that no one accidentally talks about the difference in their scum and town play in a situation where they're being pressured for not playing in a certain way.

Like sure, surface level you were agreeing with dannflor that maybe you should town case.

But underneath that there was the logic "i am playing differently from how scum me would play."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8863 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I do think perhaps I approach the game fundamentally different from you fire

I'm just not sure that I see the reality of this game and your actions and your words as at all congruent with each other
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8864 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

true i guess but i don't think anyone should be townreading me for that so it wasn't like an argument in that sense
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8865 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Shea
In post 8840, Thestatusquo wrote:That being said there feels like an...idk it feels like fire is pushing people because he knows he'd be expected to push people but it feels like theres not that much actual attempt to solve the game in the sense that there seems like there's very little curiosity about people's alignment outside of DVs just like yesterday there seemed like very little curiosity in peoples alignment outside of frogster.

Like its simultaneously projecting confidence and lack of confidence and that's what's really bugging me about it.

Like it looks like fireisred cased DV because he knew he had to push someone and went back and found a bunch of stuff that look bad for DV and it feels like thats the kind of same thing he did yesterday with frogster, but why arent we considering other options outside of just casing one person?
I feel you on this post and I think (if I'm understanding right) what you're saying on this page as well - if fire's attitude is that this gamestate is winnable for scum, and that he would be trying harder as scum - that doesn't seem to align with his "lim DV after me" attitude when presumably a competent scum!DV might be able to talk his way out of it and win, nor is he worried about the possibility of a deep scum in the pool that's being mistakenly townread?

And I definitely feel like I as scum lean into the "being cool with your own lim / being in the limpool" strategy because you feel like you kinda have to if you want to have any real hope of surviving, I definitely don't townread that behavior.

it's also not really relevant but I think Dann is radiating towniness on these past couple of pages. past couple of day phases really, feels like he's trying the hardest out of all of us
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8866 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im not in a great mood rn sorry if thats leaking through at all i don't mean to be rude or anything

i can try to towncase myself and be more explicit on reasons for GL and shea tomorrow if people think that would be useful
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8867 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8865, GuiltyLion wrote:it's also not really relevant but I think Dann is radiating towniness on these past couple of pages. past couple of day phases really, feels like he's trying the hardest out of all of us
strong agree
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8868 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like a really legitimate consideration for me right now is figuring out who I would be least mad about losing to if they're scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8869 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 8862, Thestatusquo wrote:But underneath that there was the logic "i am playing differently from how scum me would play."
yeah, I think this is right. I think mafia in general are more likely to get pulled into these somewhat abstract arguments about how they would or wouldn't play, whereas town tends to stay a little more focused on the ground level explaining why they acted how they did and/or who they think is scummy. a lot of fire's recent posts I'm not really intuitively understanding why he's engaging with these tangential arguments so much when to me they feel detached from Things That Are Useful
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8870 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8861, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8858, Thestatusquo wrote:But I thought you already did it? Enough to not need to worry about me being scum over DV? Why would you need to dig?
i would be pulling quotes or posts probably if i wanted it to convince anyone?
OK but give us the broad strokes? It's a strong enough reason to you that you are comfortable pushing dv specifically in the same manner that you pushed frogster yesterday so surely you should be able to just give a birds eye view and give us the quotes to back that up tomorrow.

So can we get that now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8871 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 8866, fireisredsir wrote:im not in a great mood rn sorry if thats leaking through at all i don't mean to be rude or anything

i can try to towncase myself and be more explicit on reasons for GL and shea tomorrow if people think that would be useful
you're fine

I'm sorry too if you're town because I realize what I'm saying is probably pretty frustrating to respond to

if you're not town i have no empathy you scum fuck
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8872 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8869, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 8862, Thestatusquo wrote:But underneath that there was the logic "i am playing differently from how scum me would play."
yeah, I think this is right. I think mafia in general are more likely to get pulled into these somewhat abstract arguments about how they would or wouldn't play, whereas town tends to stay a little more focused on the ground level explaining why they acted how they did and/or who they think is scummy. a lot of fire's recent posts I'm not really intuitively understanding why he's engaging with these tangential arguments so much when to me they feel detached from Things That Are Useful
I mean, I think on some level there is the instinct of town to defend themselves which muddles this take a little but, but also fireisred is projecting as much as possible that he doesn't feel the need to defend himself, so that is disjointed as well.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8873 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't think town is necessarily laser focused on The Things That Matter when they're being pressured.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8874 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's also cool that whomever wins this game gets an invitation to GLs wedding. That's nice of him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”