He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:38 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 672, Titus wrote:
In post 670, Datisi wrote:
In post 667, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:WHY ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE READING TITUS' SLOT?
because she hasn't done anything
I've done plenty mechanically. :/
In post 673, Datisi wrote:i don't care about mechanics

or more precisely, i can't read alignment from mechanical arguments
OKAY OKAY I GET IT, YOU TWO ARE DEFINITELY "NOT PARTNERED." YOU CAN STOP INSISTING ON IT.
In post 674, Mistyx wrote:
In post 669, Titus wrote:
In post 666, Mistyx wrote:sorry i think i've been coming across way snarkier than i intend all game

i think protector of starclan is just the name for the overall town alignment
I didn't take it as snark. I know that little.

I have so much reading to do and no one to bounce ideas off of.
well it's not just you i was ruder than i should've been to norwee earlier and annoyed val too
NAH, IMO YOU'RE PLAYING WELL AND YOU WERE BEING ASSERTIVE, NOT RUDE.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 666, Mistyx wrote:sorry i think i've been coming across way snarkier than i intend all game

well it's not just you i was ruder than i should've been to norwee earlier and annoyed val too
No problem. Anywhere other than Datisi NorwegianboyEE that I should focus on? Any hood in particular worth sorting? Are they both in the same hood?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:44 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 676, Titus wrote:

No problem. Anywhere other than Datisi NorwegianboyEE that I should focus on? Any hood in particular worth sorting? Are they both in the same hood?
WHY ARE YOU PRETENDING LIKE YOU HAVEN'T READ THE GAME?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Titus »

Why are you saying things to try and get a rise out of me? There is a large chunk I haven't read. That's how I roll when afk for a bit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 495, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 149, Marashu wrote:It was mainly snark and confusion on my end; I did think that it might be a PT slip but figured that scum would be more careful. I hadn't considered whether or not the scum PT would be open during pre-game.
I was too busy trying to figure out if I was misreading the title of the Clan PT.
yeah, ... what?

what do you mean with the bold
You seem to underestimate my levels of self-doubt. My process was refresh PT and confirm there were no other posts, look at the title at the top, look at the banner in the PT, go back to my role PM to make sure it matched the PT and that I wasn't assigned to the wrong one, go back to the main thread and make sure it said ThunderClan, go to the PT Directory and confirm it said ThunderClan, go back into it, refresh a couple more times, and re-read the main thread again.
In post 537, Mistyx wrote:@marashu if you see this when you're catching up why did you prioritize the pt over the main thread if you were having trouble parsing alignments there
Low-hanging fruit and lack of volume. I think it's easier to analyze and think critically about the smaller conversation than the larger one.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Alisae »

omg its a titus!!!
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:53 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

THE CAT AVATARS ARE STARTING TO CRACK ME UP A LIL'
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Titus »

Yes no?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:59 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

YES!
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:04 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

LMAO
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:07 am

Post by PenguinPower »

@mod: Weekend v/la
<(") | (")>
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Marashu »

Well, since it's coming up for other people, I'll bring up I also had to step away from the site last Nov so I haven't played in almost a year.

Re: Bell/Datisi, now that I've stepped away, I'm less focused on their interaction. I still think there's something off there.

UNVOTE:

mastina's case on Alisae/Norwee is very compelling. I feel like her arguments on Alisae are stronger so it's interesting that she's more sure on Norwee. VOTE: Norwee
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 682, Titus wrote:Image

Yes no?
Amazing
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Marashu »

Titus, I feel like that cat is going to steal the World's Largest Ball of Twine
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:11 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 686, Marashu wrote:Well, since it's coming up for other people, I'll bring up I also had to step away from the site last Nov so I haven't played in almost a year.
ARE YOU SAYING THAT'S WHY YOU COME OFF SOMETIMES AS KIND OF SCUM FROZEN?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Marashu »

No, I'm pretty likely to freeze equally as town. I've had to step away from the site twice because of anxiety, and both times were while I was playing a game as Town. But I also freeze as scum. I'm just saying that I'm rusty.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 682, Titus wrote:Image

Yes no?
i no longer have a single regret about signing up for this game and if i say i do later down the line i'm lying
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 686, Marashu wrote:mastina's case on Alisae/Norwee is very compelling. I feel like her arguments on Alisae are stronger so it's interesting that she's more sure on Norwee. VOTE: Norwee
so given this, why are you voting norwee and not alisae, if you think the case on ali is stronger?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 692, Mistyx wrote:
In post 686, Marashu wrote:mastina's case on Alisae/Norwee is very compelling. I feel like her arguments on Alisae are stronger so it's interesting that she's more sure on Norwee. VOTE: Norwee
so given this, why are you voting norwee and not alisae, if you think the case on ali is stronger?
Because that's where the pressure is currently, and if they're both scum then does the order matter?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:31 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 686, Marashu wrote:
mastina's case on Alisae/Norwee is very compelling. I feel like her arguments on Alisae are stronger so it's interesting that she's more sure on Norwee. VOTE: Norwee
I DON'T THINK NORWAY IS A VIABLE MISLIM IF THAT'S WHERE YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING WITH THIS
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Dannflor »

@mod, v/la until tomorrow evening
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 574, mastina wrote:On the Norwee side of things I'm like 97.5% certain that this is Norwee's style of interacting with scumbuddies, especially when given a neighborhood with them. I swear that I've seen this verbatim from Norwee when Norwee was scum talking about a scumbuddy, but not seen once when Norwee was town.
I'm going to need to see that, given what I am seeing in clan chat.

I'll reiterate: Excluding the above, its appears to me that Mastina has come up with the theory based on my second-hand description of the interactions between the two in Windclan. As the first-party witness to 4 pages, almost from the get go, of those interactions; I am clearly saying that if it is in fact scum theatre, they both deserve an oscar.

I've seen both Alisae and Norwee both mention that Norwee returned to play this game specifically with Alisae, and I checked the queue thread for this game and saw no pre-alignment roll evidence of that fact, I don't really have a reason to distrust it.

I think this is the point that other 2 Windclanners need to come and chime in on this issue, but they both seem to be missing in action currently.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 650, Datisi wrote:
In post 432, Cephrir wrote:if i had to vote right now it would be for datisi but i don't have to vote
why did this post exist and how did your thoughts evolve since then?
I dunno I guess I wanted my suspicions out there without having to tarnish a potential perfect voting record since I sorta have a streak going but then I got over myself

They haven't evolved much I still kinda get scum from most of your posts but I'm not really sure why so I'm going in a direction that has more substance
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:24 am

Post by catboi »

I find myself with less and less things I want to comment on as I'm reading up. Dunno if I'm just tired b/c it's saturday or what.
In post 457, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 448, Val89 wrote:I don't see anything that particularly pings me about Marashu from what is evident in this thread. Anyone from Thunder able to give me a TLDR on what's happening in there to want to wagon Marashu, or point me to it if it's already been given and I've missed it?
I THINK IT WAS A POE READ BECAUSE I WAS OPERATING UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT THERE WOULD BE 1 DARK ONE IN EACH HOOD, AND I QUICKLY BELIEVED THAT CHARLOUX AND PENGUIN WERE TOWN.
This is, uh, an Interesting statement considering that I would not expect that read on Penguin from most players. I ?probably? have the best read on Penguin out of anyone in this game and I think he's been decidedly null so far. He gets more readable as the game goes on and I expect by the end of Day 1 I
should
have a strong read on his alignment But I don't so far. What did you see from him you thought was towny?

---
In post 475, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't really like 102, it seemed to be explaining away people's reads instead of engaging with them. 164 is pretty shallow (in particular I think most of what I was doing was not particularly towny but easy to throw a townread at), 232 and the followup feel TMI-y because Titus did not in fact confirm it, and I have a silly tinfoil that she mixed up PP and FA in 297 because they're both her partners (and a less silly one that she mixed them up because they are both town).
I feel like the setup spec stuff is a not-impossible assumption given my own thing was along those lines but I can agree the early posts you highlighted feel a bit stiff.

---
In post 476, Datisi wrote:also, why wouldn't i be clam? i get pushed for nonsense in the early game practically every other game nowadays. i didn't think the current pushes on me were very notable or interesting. i still wanted to address them.
This is true, but I feel like you've tended toward being more paranoid of those pushing you than what you've shown here?

---
In post 479, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 476, Datisi wrote:also, why wouldn't i be clam?
BECAUSE TOWN-YOU IS UNINFORMED WHICH CREATES UNCERTAINTY, SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT DISPLAYING.
In post 476, Datisi wrote:i get pushed for nonsense in the early game practically every other game nowadays. i didn't think the current pushes on me were very notable or interesting. i still wanted to address them.
THIS IS A FALSE NARRATIVE INTENDED TO EXPLAIN AWAY YOUR SCUM TELLS. IT IS TRUE THAT YOU ARE OFTEN PUSHED EARLY FOR BAD REASONS; HOWEVER, TOWN-YOU DOESN'T REACT THE WAY YOU ARE REACTING NOW BECAUSE TOWN-YOU HAS TO SORT THE PLAYERS PUSHING YOU. YOU AREN'T TRYING TO SORT PLAYERS LIKE ME WHO ARE PUSHING YOU, YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO APPEAR NONCHALANT AND HOPING TO GET TOWNREAD RANDOMLY ON ACCIDENT BY BEING PRESENT IN THE THREAD.

NEXT, ONCE YOU REALIZE THAT I WILL NOT BE TALKED AWAY FROM MY TONE READ ON YOU, YOU WILL FLIP YOUR READ ON ME AND MAKE BAD EXCUSES WHY MY READ ON YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.
Bear's just a townie, I was feeling a slight twinge of doubt but I don't think this case is particularly likely to be coming from scum. The conviction shown appears real and the little bit of little bit of pre-emptively anticipatin Datisi shifting tactics feels like town who believes they've really caught on to something.

---
In post 484, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 481, Datisi wrote:pedit - fire, is that thought supported by meta or is it independent of it? what feels off to you?
meta in the sense that it doesn't feel like, natural for you, i guess

like the nonchalance feels kind of awkward and ingenuine, in a way that feels off based on just knowing you

idk about if it's supported by meta in the sense of does this feel more like your town or scum game, but the way you approach games as scum seems to vary widely and ive wrongly let go of suspicion before bc it didn't necessarily match up with prior scum experiences. it doesn't really match how id expect you to act as town, though
I like the fact that fire is making this observation because it pretty much lines up with my own thoughts, this isn't really the response I'd expect Datisi to have to pressure as town and it's good that we're on the same page here. I wouldn't say it's damning or anything for Datisi because every game is different but consider me raising a skeptcal eyebrow at it.

---
In post 498, Mistyx wrote:
In post 458, Bell wrote:Misty: Your standards for what you think is relevant is too high if you think there is one total player with alignment indicative posts so far. I’m not here to coach. But you’re going to be dead soon if you don’t alter course.

I consider gimmicks to come from strange people.@Bear.
In post 486, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mistyx

*stares gently at Datisi*
I’m not sorry.
not sure what to think about this

part of my gut wants to call the first post tmi on me since it’s not like he townreads me but maybe it’s just a weird style thing
I don't really understand how that's supposed to be TMI Like, him saying you have too high standards is speaking from the implicit POV you are town? I don't think that's really indicative of anything, people very often tend to speak from that perspective in games and I've seen more than one person get run up because of making a statement with supposed TMI. I feel like that particular type of scumread is very rarely true.
In post 499, Mistyx wrote:val is probably town, the commitment to the alisae case and then cooling on the read unprompted didn’t feel like agenda (on phone so not grabbing postnums)
I don't think this is particularly good rationale given scum can easily soften/temper a scumread they aren't finding any support on and I
kind of
think that was what was happening with Val - the overall response to his Alisae case seemed to be a collective shoulder shrug and in that instance I think scum typically doesn't keep trying to argue something they know won't work. I think that
might be what have happened, actually, but I'd want to go dig in the ISO first.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 1.3[5]
NorwegianboyEE
: mastina, Something_Smart, Mistyx, Bell, Marashu
[4]
Datisi
: Dannflor, Frozen Angel, NorwegianboyEE , PenguinPower
[4]
KittyTacky
: catboi, Cephrir, fireisredsir, Datisi
[2]
Charloux
: Titus, NorwegianboyEE
[1]
Val89
: Alisae
[1]
Titus
: Charloux
[1]
Alisae
: Val89
[1]
Mastina
: SCRRRDBEAR
[1]
Something_Smart
: Shiidaji

[1]
Not Voting
: Shiro

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to eliminate.

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-10-30 12:12:34).

MOD NOTES• have fun!

• let us know if you have any questions, or if something's wrong!

• currently v/la: dannflor, penguinpower, shiro

• a joint mod iso may be found here!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”