MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Mastina’s scum. It’s word salad.

Based on what we know of the setup there doesn’t seem to be 3P so everyone is 100% town or 100% scum.

So it’s kinda meaningless.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 306, MMR wrote:@mastina
I hope you don't mind but could you confirm
if FA likes to distance as scum
?
I heard Maid Cafe mention it but I don't know FA's scum meta.
-Rubella
How is knowing that will help you read my slot?
In post 309, professotic wrote:VOTE: mastina
u r doing ur dead-thread thing using technically true statements to push nonsense.
In post 304, mastina wrote:The one and only area I falter in is knowing which meta is which.
i think this was the only lie in the post.
+ points for catching it
In post 311, Bunnyonce wrote:I have never seen FA as scum. As town she's normally rather helpful and cooperative, and I believe that is how she's been so far.

~Greeting
I don't get it. why everyone is forcing themself to write something about my meta? how is that even helpful to form a read on me?
In post 314, Bunnyonce wrote:
Save The Dragons
is being cranky in this game. I get cranky from time to time as well, and it's usually when I'm town, and when town pisses me off. Not saying this is a townread, but I think it happens to town-aligned players more often than mafia in general. I'm not willing to vote there at this stage of the game at least.

~Greeting
Feelings are not a towntell or scum tell. Only tell by feelings is when you see a pattern of them that make sense together or prove they were faked. the pattern can be by meta ofcourse too with lesser validity.

but you cant use your own meta to make a read on another person feelings.
In post 316, Enchant wrote:
In post 312, Bunnyonce wrote:I feel like this game has been going for a while now and there's many slots that haven't really done much.
Enchant
?
T-Bone
?
furtiveglance
?

~Greeting
I am Cop
What was your point in writing this?
In post 327, Past Present Future wrote:
u r doing ur dead-thread thing using technically true statements to push nonsense.
In post 304, mastina wrote:The one and only area I falter in is knowing which meta is which.
I really don’t understand what Mastina is talking about with this 100% thing wrt to FA. In Masochist Mafia, I wrongly lockscummed her slot because she had posted very similarly as scum in a previous game, so I don’t agree that FA has a 100% anything meta.
Not talking about the content of post and how it relates to me but:
I actually liked this post from PPF. That is "analytical" on second layer. I mean they read what mastina wrote, and thought about it. thought about that concept by searching in their memory about the other instances that they could have extracted the same concept and they managed/failed at. The analysis this deep is not something scum usually does.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 525, MathBlade wrote:Mastina’s scum. It’s word salad.

Based on what we know of the setup there doesn’t seem to be 3P so everyone is 100% town or 100% scum.

So it’s kinda meaningless.
3p is scum too ... she wasn't even separating that there

I'm not there yet to call her scum for that but that was just the most meaningless use of words that came from her in that post

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

Not everyone treats 3P under the scum label and reserve it only for group scum.

I feel that way too it’s more to point out that it was an attempt to mimic Mastina hunting without reaching a viable conclusion.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 334, MathBlade wrote:
In post 21, Enchant wrote:
In post 18, mastina wrote:REJOICE! For your SAVIOR is--oh, wait, this is a cult game, I shouldn't open with that. :shifty:

Hi I am a maso--oh, wait, this is a cult game, I shouldn't open with that. :shifty:

Hi, I am town. :)
Wdm cult game

Cult is just flavor, it's not confirmed they can convert.
Not sure about this post. The OP says cult conversion is neither confirmed nor denied.

Has there been an explicit message somewhere I missed?
Thats same thing they said?
In post 340, Past Present Future wrote:I see some differences between those two games, in that she asked way more questions in the town one.
If you all insist on meta-reading me, let me give you a hint here about how I look at my playstyle myself. I always ask lots of questions. I find it easier to hide between town as scum in real time conversations in opposite to lurk and I like to drive the game when scum. and as town I ask lots of questions and analyse people in real time conversations if I can to make them drop an inconsistency that can form my reads.

At least if I have time to do all that.

Not sure that helps you in anyway but be my guest
In post 351, Bunnyonce wrote:@FA, I'd like to hear what you think of mastina's read on you?
What is there to think? The post she made is trash but in the read itself, she didn't say anything about it. if its meta based, she can explain its because she saw this and that in previous games of mine and its similar to my attitude here and then I can investigate the read itself/respond to it/form an opinion back about the read

at this moment it just looks like she enjoys making reads for the sake of making reads than to base anything on actual reasons/analysis there but I can't be certain that is scum motivated
In post 352, MathBlade wrote:I think she believes the mech spec whatever her alignment. I have seen FA mech spec and it’s similar. Granted it was years ago but I think some things don’t change easily.
As mentioned before I'm fascinated with setup design and unique mechanics and me doing setup spec is not even related to me solving or adding content to game itself and I would definitely do it if I was scum too. maybe I would feel the need to share a spec I knew about as scum however but in general analysing setups is NAI for me
In post 354, MathBlade wrote:It’s clear from the presenters here we don’t know if cult can recruit.

Yet somehow Mastina ends up on 6 because why?
She said 4 is too little so went with 6 but that is too naive or misleading on purpose as the game is bastard and the number of scum depends heavily on range of scum utilities. as I mentioned this before in one my other post as well.

Yet again the read was consistent with her math there so even if wrong she stayed true to her assumption and I don't find the numbers on read list inconsistent

at same time I find the read list concerning as it adds almost nothing and she refused to engage about any of the reads later on when questioned and created a loop of laziness (? Idk the correct word to describe) to not commit to them at least on convincing rest of players side

But something screams in me that this is really how she is playing nowadays and its not neccessirly scum motivated so I kinda prefer to follow other directions for now

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 528, MathBlade wrote:Not everyone treats 3P under the scum label and reserve it only for group scum.

I feel that way too it’s more to point out that it was an attempt to mimic Mastina hunting without reaching a viable conclusion.
reading her words on that post I'm almost 100% certain she meant all kind of scum and not mafia in comparison to 3p. she was saying "I am either 100% following my town meta or 100% following my scum meta but even though she knows they are distinct she has no idea which is which." which makes my head spin and gives me stomachache every time I read that load in my head even

but yeah

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

I get that’s what Mastina said but 4 makes sense for a recruit

There’s lots of possibilities. It’s why I don’t like the 6 out of no where.

Hence why it’s best to be super cautious of potential TVT and changing reads without good reason.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 362, MathBlade wrote:
In post 122, Save The Dragons wrote:Also no one told me if the mechs are difficult lol

VOTE: frozen angel
FoS on StD

If no one told you me he would be difficult ( similar to me )

Then no one else told you if there’s 6 or scum either or not (which I don’t know)

So focusing on FA here is weird.
can you rephrase this post please? I'm having trouble understanding it

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 532, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 362, MathBlade wrote:
In post 122, Save The Dragons wrote:Also no one told me if the mechs are difficult lol

VOTE: frozen angel
FoS on StD

If no one told you me he would be difficult ( similar to me )

Then no one else told you if there’s 6 or scum either or not (which I don’t know)

So focusing on FA here is weird.
can you rephrase this post please? I'm having trouble understanding it
Std is pushing you for weird mech discussion.
Mastina is also doing weird mech discussion.
So the focus on you for mech reasons are weird.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

I’d expect StD to push both you and Mastina to be consistent.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They / Them / Theirs

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:04 am

Post by MMR »

In post 521, Frozen Angel wrote:That is so weird for it to be a non biased analytical mindset. you seem to be wanting to keeping everyone happy,
Thank you for describing my playstyle.
Literally the most analytical, I've been was in my best scumgame.
As for keeping people happy, that's how I get out of arguments.
It's literally NAI for me to backtrack out of arguments and scummy for me to be analytical.
-Rubella
Hydra of Ircher, Roden, and RH9
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 371, mastina wrote:
In post 311, Bunnyonce wrote:I have never seen
FA
as scum. As town she's normally rather helpful and cooperative, and I believe that is how she's been so far.
This is an incredibly shallow take and I feel like you know it is.

This is an absolutely egregious--tictac doesn't believe this and you
know
he doesn't believe it. It's the type of point that comes from having predetermined a read to make and then create reasons for it.

It's faked as hell. It's not genuine in any way shape or form. It's flat. It lack conviction. You can tell he doesn't believe it--and for good reason. (I don't think I need to explain why tictac's point is ridiculous, but if you
really
want to, it's easy enough to do; no actual town player would seriously raise the point because of just how silly it is.)
Ok ...

but yours was solid? or you know that yours was by definition of the word shallow, shallow too?

and prof literally said the reason to that vote there. like what are you even talking about? On what basis you think he doesn't believe that your "FA is 100% town or 100% scum" post was not a technically true statement to push "nonsense". Nonsense being the word he used. I still don't whats your read on my slot to check the sense in it but the whole first part of that premise is there for everyone to see and its clear as the sun and the moon in this sky that you did the same thing he scumread you for.

That is such an out of proportion heavy over reaction to a vote on your slot based on an action you did commit in front of everyone, claiming they don't believe what they are saying about that action and I have to turn this table and say you don't believe anything you say in this post in response to prof yourself and this is just reacting for the sake of it and no analysis

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 534, MathBlade wrote:I’d expect StD to push both you and Mastina to be consistent.
for the town read?
In post 535, MMR wrote:
In post 521, Frozen Angel wrote:That is so weird for it to be a non biased analytical mindset. you seem to be wanting to keeping everyone happy,
It's literally NAI for me to backtrack out of arguments and scummy for me to be analytical.
-Rubella
I don't have time to check games or stuff like that so I will take your word blindly about that for now and see where it leads in the future.

MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:12 am

Post by MMR »

In post 526, Frozen Angel wrote:How is knowing that will help you read my slot?
I was trying to see which part of your scum meta that mastina was using to SR you.
Because meta is easy to use as a basis for a SR if there isn't anything obvscum on the slot.
And ngl I still dislike mastina's reads on Math and Yume.
Both feel too OOG based as their content respectively don't feel like they connect with mastina's reads on both slots.
-Rubella
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 373, mastina wrote:
In post 365, MathBlade wrote:Lol really?
Like this is ridiculous.
Btw this is a sentence that never comes from MathBlade as town.

Like.

If you know MathBlade as a player.

You KNOW that MathBlade doesn't think this way as town in a way to generate a "lol really? This is ridiculous".

If I had the time/motivation I guarantee you I could deep dive this to show MathBlade doesn't do that post as town. MathBlade as town has an entirely different way of expressing his thoughts. He doesn't think this way as town. When he feels like he is being ignored, when he feels like he is being disrespected, when he feels like he is dealing with a town in the wrong, he can post something like "this is ridiculous". Where there's a frustration in him.

But when he has a scumread as town, he doesn't feel the need to go "lol really". Instead, he just pushes them. He sees them as scum, he pushes them as scum. He doesn't care what the player in question says.

Yet here, he did. The "lol really, this is ridiculous" spews him as scum, because MathBlade as scum
does
respond to the pressure. MathBlade as scum knows that scumreads on him are legitimate. He can believe they come from scum in multiball, sure--but he knows that the suspicion on him is a threat.

I can summarize it this way.
MathBlade as town has conviction--with one player he is allegedly scumreading displaying a scumread on him, he isn't fazed by that.

MathBlade as scum sees threats--with a player scumreading him, he needs to work on neutralizing the threat.

The language used betrays this. He's not seeing me as scum that he needs to push;
He sees me as a threat that he needs to remove.

Thus.
Scum.
Math didn't look fazed there? and he was scumreading you before your read on him so why you think she faked the read on your slot to neutralize a threat when there were none when he actually pushed you?!

you know what

VOTE: Mastina

I think I'm fed with inconsistencies

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 537, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 534, MathBlade wrote:I’d expect StD to push both you and Mastina to be consistent.
for the town read?
In post 535, MMR wrote:
-Rubella
I don't have time to check games or stuff like that so I will take your word blindly about that for now and see where it leads in the future.
I don’t follow your question.

If I notice player A and player B doing scummy thing
Yet I only focus on player A that would be weird.

Both you and Mastina had drawn out mech and Mastina’s was more specific
Yet StD only focused on you which is weird

Hence the sus
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 538, MMR wrote:
In post 526, Frozen Angel wrote:How is knowing that will help you read my slot?
I was trying to see which part of your scum meta that mastina was using to SR you.

Because meta is easy to use as a basis for a SR if there isn't anything obvscum on the slot.
And ngl I still dislike mastina's reads on Math and Yume.
Both feel too OOG based as their content respectively don't feel like they connect with mastina's reads on both slots.
-Rubella
If you found that out let me know as well please

yet still doesn't answer my question. why you specifically asked about distancing and what would knowing that do to sort my slot out for you without any other flips in game?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 540, MathBlade wrote:
In post 537, Frozen Angel wrote:
for the town read?
In post 535, MMR wrote:
-Rubella
I don’t follow your question.

If I notice player A and player B doing scummy thing
Yet I only focus on player A that would be weird.

Both you and Mastina had drawn out mech and Mastina’s was more specific
Yet StD only focused on you which is weird

Hence the sus
oh the mech part not his later push cause I called his reaction alarming.

yeah I get what you mean now. you mean the part mastina did math calculations for scum count in comparison to my 2 night phases for each of the scum cults observation and how std reacted only to second

Guess he should clarify on that himself

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

Correct. Things can be sus without the player necessarily being scum.

So I note the sus and wait for an explanation and if I don’t like it, boom scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Past Present Future »

Catching up.

~Titus
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Roden »

In post 493, professotic wrote:You guys are literally just settling for two wagons, which is poor IMO and only leads to miss execution and more wolf agenda.

I’m town and Radja is 50/50 so you guys are just sitting on two town.

You all need to be pressuring more and doing more please.
Wolves don’t just come around and be like “Hey! Look at me! I’m a wolf!”
You gotta do something about it.

We have days to do discussion and with it you can pressure slots and get more out of it.
Don’t just waste a day and let mafia linger around gaining little to no attention at all.
In post 494, professotic wrote:You think mine and tictac’s pressure on Mastina means anything? Lol.

To a wolf all they see is a town with 4 votes on them is voting them.
That’s it.

They don’t fear something they know they can miss execute.
In post 495, professotic wrote:Fact we have 4 votes meaning we are being suspected and if it’s only us voting a wolf chances are or at least the wolf thinks that no one else is going to pressure or jump onto them cause no one cares to follow the person voting them.

It’s simple mafia facts.
I already town read this slot but this is ++town, this feels like genuine frustration with the game state. I don't think you will be voted out today though, so while I understand the worry about your wagon I don't think it indicates that scum has so much influence that they can miseliminate you.

As far as voting out Mastina today, if I felt more confident in my scum read there than our current vote in Radja, then we might follow you there. All three of us in the PT have voiced concerns about Mastina, but we agree that Radja is more likely to flip red. Personally, it's a tonal read for me rather than content, Radja's posts sound like someone who's trying to sound townie rather than actually just be townie.

-Measles

PE: Angel's interactions with Rubella running parallel to a Mastina vote gives me bad vibes.
MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:21 am

Post by MMR »

In post 545, Roden wrote:
In post 493, professotic wrote:You guys are literally just settling for two wagons, which is poor IMO and only leads to miss execution and more wolf agenda.

I’m town and Radja is 50/50 so you guys are just sitting on two town.

You all need to be pressuring more and doing more please.
Wolves don’t just come around and be like “Hey! Look at me! I’m a wolf!”
You gotta do something about it.

We have days to do discussion and with it you can pressure slots and get more out of it.
Don’t just waste a day and let mafia linger around gaining little to no attention at all.
In post 494, professotic wrote:You think mine and tictac’s pressure on Mastina means anything? Lol.

To a wolf all they see is a town with 4 votes on them is voting them.
That’s it.

They don’t fear something they know they can miss execute.
In post 495, professotic wrote:Fact we have 4 votes meaning we are being suspected and if it’s only us voting a wolf chances are or at least the wolf thinks that no one else is going to pressure or jump onto them cause no one cares to follow the person voting them.

It’s simple mafia facts.
I already town read this slot but this is ++town, this feels like genuine frustration with the game state. I don't think you will be voted out today though, so while I understand the worry about your wagon I don't think it indicates that scum has so much influence that they can miseliminate you.

As far as voting out Mastina today, if I felt more confident in my scum read there than our current vote in Radja, then we might follow you there. All three of us in the PT have voiced concerns about Mastina, but we agree that Radja is more likely to flip red. Personally, it's a tonal read for me rather than content, Radja's posts sound like someone who's trying to sound townie rather than actually just be townie.

-Measles

PE: Angel's interactions with Rubella running parallel to a Mastina vote gives me bad vibes.
Wow.

My bad lmao
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

I saw nothing (A). No idea Measles is Roden nope.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 183, MMR wrote:VOTE: Radja
Mumps thinks that we should go behind this wagon so I'll just place our vote here until I finish reaccessing my reads.
-Rubella
I like MMR as town to here.

~Titus
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 376, mastina wrote:
In post 327, Past Present Future wrote:I really don’t understand what Mastina is talking about with this 100% thing wrt to FA. In Masochist Mafia, I wrongly lockscummed her slot because she had posted very similarly as scum in a previous game, so I don’t agree that FA has a 100% anything meta.
Respectfully, you're not me.

There's a difference between superficial similarities, and crucial similarities. FA has a way of displaying her alignment instantly as both alignments. You just need to know which is which.

And I'm pretty sure that this is FA's scum half.

If I had to guess at scumteams, my current guess would be {FA, professotic, MathBlade} | {Bunnyonce, Radja?, ???}.
But obviously not final.
is calling entire scum teams something mastina does regularly nowadays in day 1 or is this, this game specific? Linking perspectives instead of forming individual leads is just the worst kind of playing if it's genuine. assuming that's the way teams are (both with 3 member each) can be potentially a recipe for disaster on its own, but to just put your own scumreads in groups like that when you have had 0 actual information revealed is not even analysis.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”