He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Gonna try sleeping again.

Lurking attempt 1 million.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They / Them / Theirs

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:29 pm

Post by MMR »

@FA
Why am I scum with mastina?
-Rubella
Hydra of Ircher, Roden, and RH9
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1876, MMR wrote:@FA
-Rubella
well I scum read you for other reasons

"with mastina" part is not what I'm comfortable saying

but that post gave extremely distancing vibes. math unvotes "you agree but you want her to meta case me but you have doubts but you cant read her well but you still scumread her" just doesn't feel genuine to me. its more like you want to have options based on how things go there
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by MMR »

In post 1877, Frozen Angel wrote:
-Rubella

but that post gave extremely distancing vibes. math unvotes "you agree but you want her to meta case me but you have doubts but you cant read her well but you still scumread her" just doesn't feel genuine to me. its more like you want to have options based on how things go there
I said that I'm leaning towards town!mastina, which is intended to be interpreted as nulltown.
I genuinely can't read mastina well.
I've literally TRed scum!mastina and SRed town!mastina before.
So you're half-right that I'm adapting. As I read more, my reads change.
-Rubella
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 1858, mastina wrote:
In post 1850, MathBlade wrote:Please take the weekend of quiet and town tell if you’re town.
Okay, MathBlade's town.

Ambivalence gone.

I realize that,
technically speaking
, by talking about my read on MathBlade I basically handed a scuMathBlade a guide into faking exactly this as town and adjusting his scumplay from being something only working temporary into something working longterm.
Technically speaking, that's theoretically possible.

But like.

To be honest: I don't think a scum MathBlade actually does.
In post 1860, MathBlade wrote:Please I hope no one gets mad at me but I don’t think Mastina is lock scum anymore

I don’t know if it’s sleepy me or angry me from shitty work or what.

To be clear I am resetting on her. This isn’t a she’s not scum. This isn’t a she’s not town. It’s something pinged me and I want to reset.
These are both correct
MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by MMR »

DDS, what is your opinion of prof's ?
-Rubella
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Bunnyonce »

I have taken
MathBlade
mastina
furtiveglance
Frozen Angel
out of the PoE for various reasons. But they all generally boil down to the fact that I have varying degrees of townreads on all of them. Aisa doesn't share my townread of
FA
, but upon the re-reading of
FA
's ISO, I decided that I am confident enough to leave her be.

I actually supported the
Scarfmanship
vote. I feel like is 100% fakeable. It's also a really conveniently fakeable post for a scum to make. It does not antagonise anyone. It provides content without providing content, as the content is very generic and referring to general concepts. I don't think they have contributed much to the game in general either. Another thing I don't like about this slot is . Generating activity in games is a game mod job. From the perspective of town, the volume of posts matters less than the quality of them and the general ability to town sort people from those posts. So yeah, just generating content makes more sense from a scum point of view rather than a town point of view.

~Greeting
We are Greeting (he/him, they/them) and Aisa (she/her, they/them).
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:45 am

In post 1870, Frozen Angel wrote:scum have to just vote another slot that is not their team, and make a compelling case against them. easier for a case to be compelling when its true right?
Easier but not necessary
first you cant get from the "there are no counter wagons" to "she is voted by both scum teams" .
This is kind of the less interesting and important point and I don't want to discuss it further it's a distraction.
your second conclusion is way worse. you saying mastina is town cause both scum teams are voting her makes no sense.
Misrepresentation of what I'm arguing: I am saying both scum teams want mastina dead and thats why she's town, not that they are both specifically voting mastina (though I do also believe that, it's irrelevant to this point)

Mastina is town because both scum teams were perfectly happy to let her die without an attempted counterwagon. There was a period where there was no sense of cohesion behind any vote that wasn't mastina. Both teams were fine with mastina dying. Which means town shouldn't be fine with that.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 am

In post 1880, MMR wrote:DDS, what is your opinion of prof's ?
-Rubella
In post 1742, professotic wrote:So
Mastina/Bunny/PPF

And

Dingle/Radja/FA

Makes sense
I mean, he's wrong. I think Drapion is wrong on quite a few things. :P
I find Drapion to be a very untraditional player and thus very hard for me to read. He goes in and he goes in hard, and I think that's probably true regardless of alignment.

I think tictac is probably the more readable member for me and I find him to be very similar to how he was in NQM2 (where he was scum).
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:59 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1818, mastina wrote:That said, that does raise the question--why haven't you interacted much with a lot of people???

The Radical Rat I know does. Like, REALLY does. Like, really REALLY does. Like, does basically exclusively precisely that. Interacting with most, or even all, of the players in extensive detail.

So like--admitting that you haven't? Basically a scumclaim.
Well, for most of the game I hadn't been reading, which does put a bit of a damper on interactions. And that's just because I've been busy/low-energy, which happens sometimes regardless of alignment, especially in Larges.

That aside, I don't actually think this is true? I will generally interact when a post catches my interest, or when I am engaged with first. Sometimes that's a lot of people, sometimes it's not. I also have a known tunneling problem, and tend to let lurkers lurk longer than I should. And that all happens regardless of alignment.

All of that combined with me having a very limited time to read/post with a few hours in between each when there's another batch of pages that cropped up in the meantime... Yeah, I'm not interacting with people as much. If anything I might feel more obligated to at least pretend to as scum...
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1882, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 1870, Frozen Angel wrote:scum have to just vote another slot that is not their team, and make a compelling case against them. easier for a case to be compelling when its true right?
Easier but not necessary
first you cant get from the "there are no counter wagons" to "she is voted by both scum teams" .
This is kind of the less interesting and important point and I don't want to discuss it further it's a distraction.
your second conclusion is way worse. you saying mastina is town cause both scum teams are voting her makes no sense.
Misrepresentation of what I'm arguing: I am saying both scum teams want mastina dead and thats why she's town, not that they are both specifically voting mastina (though I do also believe that, it's irrelevant to this point)

Mastina is town because both scum teams were perfectly happy to let her die without an attempted counterwagon. There was a period where there was no sense of cohesion behind any vote that wasn't mastina. Both teams were fine with mastina dying. Which means town shouldn't be fine with that.
You fail to consider that scums are not "forced" to create counter wagons to support their team mates. Its something they can do or they can just
do their things and not force anything to happen
so hopefully their team mate to rescue themself

we don't even know how many team mates a scum!mastina would have possibly. it can be zero (the game is bastard and multiball with mod hinting at possibility of recruits existing) it can be 2 so they would have enough force to push a counterwagon or it can be 1, a solo team mate who thinks distancing from a falling member might be best?

The whole thing is just wifom. without clear information about whats mastinas alignment or more information about the people who voted or refused to vote you cant do proper/clean wagon analysis

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:28 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1878, MMR wrote:
In post 1877, Frozen Angel wrote:
-Rubella

I said that I'm leaning towards town!mastina, which is intended to be interpreted as nulltown.
I genuinely can't read mastina well.
I've literally TRed scum!mastina and SRed town!mastina before.
So you're half-right that I'm adapting. As I read more, my reads change.
-Rubella
I just got interpretations that you're maintaining such a wishy washy stance over this and each wind is blowing you to a different direction on it.

whats your main scum read right now?

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Bunny has now overtaken MMR in person I want to vote the most. More news at 11
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Alright I am mostly caught up now.

Mastina's posting has improved exponentially, to the point where if the rest of the game hadn't happened, I'd probably be townreading her now. But the rest of the game did happen, and I already explained how the whole thing with MathBlade's role crumbs appears to be from a scum mindset (which isn't bullshit meta, just saying), and I still just can't reconcile that. Let alone whatever Yume's deal is.

FA is absolutely correct about all the multiball theory stuff, and it has felt a lot like people are forgetting this game is multiball, in particular with how that means meta tells don't mean shit when you're ideally just playing a towngame even as scum.

I will start looking at compromise wagons, there's not enough time left in the day to be stubborn about that, but I would still strongly urge those leaving mastina to come back.

I'll try to do a proper readslist after work, for my own benefit if no one else's, since right now my reads are pretty much all tangled around mastina in my head
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1887, Maid Cafe wrote:Bunny has now overtaken MMR in person I want to vote the most. More news at 11
I don't agree with these reads, and Maid Cafe is sus for this.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:19 am

In post 1888, Radical Rat wrote:FA is absolutely correct about all the multiball theory stuff, and it has felt a lot like people are forgetting this game is multiball, in particular with how that means meta tells don't mean shit when you're ideally just playing a towngame even as scum.
I'm not sure who this is directed toward, but if it's me, I'm definitely taking multiball into consideration with my reads
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Enchant »

I don't care about multiball, let's kill atleast someone
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1889, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1887, Maid Cafe wrote:Bunny has now overtaken MMR in person I want to vote the most. More news at 11
I don't agree with these reads, and Maid Cafe is sus for this.
Then vote us-oh wait.

Also having disagreeing reads isn't sus but go on.
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

*waves*
In post 1761, Bunnyonce wrote:
In post 1755, professotic wrote:Bunny does this sum up your readslist?
Mastina - PPF (Lock Towns)
I'd like to know why you thought this was a worthwhile post.
In post 1756, professotic wrote:Wolves hard defending each other.
Assuming this is directed at us, how exactly does your theory fit into my latest unvote?

-Aisa
@prof
, do you not find it worthwhile to engage with our slot at all?
In post 1773, professotic wrote:The one CW I would not oppose to is a Bunny CW.
I think they are aligned with Mastina and this last post from them feels like something where I feel is more likely to come from a wolf then town.
“Oh you know pings”

Cause man trust me when I’m a wolf I’ll do stuff like “I’m conflicted”
“If I had to guess probably them” or make like random solves or theories.

That post gives me a wolf making fake reads feel.
If you think we are scum with mastina then what's the point of making a counterwagon to mastina by voting us?
In post 1779, Past Present Future wrote:[...]
What about Greeting? Does he have anyone he’s suss on?
Think I'm gonna talk about this in my next post.
In post 1780, professotic wrote:Actually my comment about the Math/Mastina read thing might not completely hold.
Since Greeting’s was the one who said they TR Mastina higher and not Aisa.

However, even so I think they should have had a similar read in that regard or have talked about it?
We've talked about it a bit both before and after the post. As others have pointed out, we both TR Math and mastina to some degree, both now and before you made that post.

-Aisa
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

Greeting and I had a longer catch up and we both agree that we want to vote here.
VOTE: professotic

We're obviously biased by knowing our own alignment, but we don't like Prof's push on us. As far as I can tell, it almost entirely comes down to us being scum with mastina. professotic make the following points:

Spoiler: Point 1
In post 728, professotic wrote:
In post 724, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 723, Bunnyonce wrote:@FA, what do you think of Radja's explanation of why they commented on our post, but not other similar posts?
In post 717, furtiveglance wrote:[...]
Don't think it's Mastina either
Why not?

-Aisa
Just seems towny n that. Granted I only have 1 towngame of experience with em but still
Hot Take:
Bunny is wolves with Mastina and is talking to Furtive!Town here.
Which if you all look is something a wolf can do cause it could be done for serval reasons here that benefit them in that situation.
In post 992, professotic wrote:I’m the opposite.
I think how Bunny indirectly insisted on Mastina by asking furtive about their Mastina read.
I think that is likely what a partner does to try to avoid associating with the other one.

I asked furtive to explain with mastina is Town, which makes my slot partners with mastina.

Spoiler: Point 2
In post 1052, professotic wrote:Math let me make something clear to you.

Furtive is less aligned with Mastina then Bunny.

Stop with your damn bias ness boy.

Like look at Bunny trying to push up that Rat wagon.
Bunny was using Furtive and purposely trying to make them look aligned with Mastina.

Your argument is also invalid cause as wolf idk about you but I’m not afraid to interact with my partners the same way bunny is doing to Mastina.

We pushed RR to defend mastina.

Spoiler: Point 3
In post 1054, professotic wrote:
In post 1047, Bunnyonce wrote:I don't support voting out
mastina
. I think she's town and her play is no different to what I've seen in my last game with her.

~Greeting
@Math

Bro I’m telling you Bunny and PPF are both mafia desperately trying to save their teammate.

Greeting says he doesn't support voting out mastina, prof takes this as more evidence that we are trying to save a teammate.

Spoiler: Point 4
I think they are aligned with Mastina and this last post from them feels like something where I feel is more likely to come from a wolf then town.
“Oh you know pings”

I made a hedgy post which feels like I'm making up reads.

@professotic:

1. Your read on us seems conditional on mastina being scum, but you seem really sure of our alignment. What makes you so confident?
2. What makes any of your points more likely to come from scum defending their partner rather than town?
3. What do you think of mastina's treatment of our slot?
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

In post 1893, Bunnyonce wrote:
“Oh you know pings”

If you think we are scum with mastina then what's the point of making a counterwagon to mastina by voting us?
Also, sorry, I noticed you explained this when you placed your vote.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:07 am

MMR
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
MMR
They / Them / Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:03 am

Post by MMR »

In post 1886, Frozen Angel wrote:whats your main scum read right now?
I thought that you could tell from my vote.
It's prof. I explained it in , , , and .
-Rubella
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Past Present Future »

VOTE: Prof
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Scarfmanship »

I'm wiling to try it. I haven't liked their weird confidence, plus someone else said they were mafia based on the meta of which heads were posting.

Someone(MMR?) said earlier that we don't know if there are two scumteams or if it is just flavor. Judging by the rules post, which says that the scumteams (plural) win condition requires the other team to be dead and that mod given information is true I'm thinking there are 2 teams.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”