unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:32 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 2653, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 2603, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2594, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 2555, T-Bone wrote:Plus again you're not even speaking to the reality of the game. I am the only one scumreading you. Who are all these people scumreading you that you need to shut up?

Frustratingly it seems everyone else thinks that when you are scummy it's a town tell for you so good job I guess? Sorry, I believe everyone plays to the best of their ability and can't town read bad posts just because "that's the way they post". You're certainly smart enough to play into other players' perception of how you play, yeah?
You keep making a number of posts that I'd consider bad posts, but I think it's town indicative for you
Be specific.
So the root thing that irks me about your posts and general stance in this game is the hard and fast rules you set yourself and expect everyone else to follow when it comes to proper play and solving. You'll say things that are essentially 'this person is scum because this post is bad' that feel like takes that have very little to do with how likely someone is to be scum, and have a lot more to do with how you personally *want* town and scum to play. And that's really frustrating to me. I'm not here to have a series of logical arguments about a bunch of things that ultimately feel irrelevant to someone's alignment, I'm here to find and take out scum. The ballroom dance of hashing it out in a detailed argument often just favours the players who are best at playing that specific way, regardless of their alignment/accuracy/anything that actually benefits town. And so the way you just casually state what town should be doing and say that someone is scum because they aren't doing things that you think are beneficial just looks clearly innacurate as a way of solving to me.

You're probably town though, and I think that largely because of the way you are making yourself the center of attention narratively in the thread. You're doing more than you'd need to be doing right now for scum utility I think. You're also doing a bunch of things that don't intuitively make you look good to the thread at large, which I don't think you bother doing if you're scum here.

I'm not super interested in going into even more specifics than this because it doesn't feel like a productive use of my time. If you wanted like a selection of your own quotes from me or something then sorry, but I feel like this is as close as I can get to an accurate response to this.
Your first point about (T-Bone) putting his expectations onto people of what is good/bad mafia play and reading them based on it is interesting. I also think this is the most productive choice of words you've used so far. Why you are so..afraid? of playing at this stature all the time confuses me. I know this is a klick post (without getting into meta) but these fashioned arguments you bring is why I like playing with you. You're offering me something that I didn't think about and it helps me. I haven't dug your slot (perhaps prematurely) because your reads are obstructive to how I feel like you really wanna talk. Am I wrong on this? And if that is the case, then like I said your rambling would hold merit. I have been getting the impression from your hydra that you are omitting the selectivity of your words and trying to fit them without context. This post you drafted is the only one I've seen so far with said context.

I can talk in that type of way you deem 'irrelevant' because I had a lot more to say about it. I agreed with some and I disagreed with others. Personally, that very contrast is what brings me back to these type of games, but I suppose you are right that may not be relevant to someone's alignment. Anyone can type something that provokes thought, it's not like scum can't do it. It's more about really meaning it.
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Ydrasse »

nerd
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:36 am

Post by unwnd »

D:
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Ydrasse »

lol
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:39 am

Post by unwnd »

Earlier the other day I was thinking 'hmmm, Ydra could actually be town this game who is like demotivated/bored and going through the motions' but that seemed a bit preemptive. Kinda refers back to that thought I gave klick where scum can be that way too. I would enjoy if you're town though just not sure where to start D:
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Ydrasse »

There’s no where to start today i’m literally not reading this game until we have a flip and i can use my (redacted)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:41 am

Post by unwnd »

Damn just showing your piece like that in public
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Yeah :)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:45 am

Post by unwnd »

Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m a mech heavylifter
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:49 am

Post by unwnd »

All games should just be mountainous so when mech obstructs my viewpoint either by being indefensibly likely or unfavorable to eliminate I can stubbornly hold onto my belief about a slot

Spoiler:
like Mastina
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:52 am

Post by unwnd »

Spare me a tiny morsel

What's ur read on me

I have litearlly asked 3 people now and I'm still at the bottom, I'm getting fuckin pissed. Steam is blowing out of my ears
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Maybe wolf contingent on mastina flip
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:53 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm groaning
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:54 am

Post by unwnd »

You can all kiss my perfectly shaded green colored role PM ass
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Ok so we flip u and look !?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:00 am

Post by unwnd »

:oops:
Stop
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:50 am

Post by T-Bone »

Gottem
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

Hello
It's me
I know there's a wagon on us
Time to force myself to post in this game until I hopefully one day wake up and actually feel engaged!

Also, the system says it's our lovely mod's birthday today. Happy birthday Meg!

Spoiler:
In post 2562, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2557, Yume wrote:
In post 2551, T-Bone wrote:I mean I scumread you for your very specific informed seeming play around Mastina. That post was just another example.
And those who scumread mastina aren't informed?! Screw that, if none of you are informed, you would have reconsidered! Which none of you except Mathblade did! And you stand here and tell me that's towny!
Mastina is my top scumread and the leading wagons. Mastina has done very little to town it up. What motivation do I have as town to dismantle the wagon?

More importantly if I'm informed that Mastina is scum...then you can lim her today and me tomorrow and bag two scum. But again, that's not a real thought.

It can be a real thought if Yume is thinking that T-Bone is scum and mastina is Town

Spoiler:
In post 2578, Yume wrote:Well, I might as well say it, then. I sell prunes. That's the true nature of my check. It's also why it won't work in multiball.

Wait, serious question, is this a serious claim?

Spoiler:
In post 2653, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 2603, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2594, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 2555, T-Bone wrote:Plus again you're not even speaking to the reality of the game. I am the only one scumreading you. Who are all these people scumreading you that you need to shut up?

Frustratingly it seems everyone else thinks that when you are scummy it's a town tell for you so good job I guess? Sorry, I believe everyone plays to the best of their ability and can't town read bad posts just because "that's the way they post". You're certainly smart enough to play into other players' perception of how you play, yeah?
You keep making a number of posts that I'd consider bad posts, but I think it's town indicative for you
Be specific.
So the root thing that irks me about your posts and general stance in this game is the hard and fast rules you set yourself and expect everyone else to follow when it comes to proper play and solving. You'll say things that are essentially 'this person is scum because this post is bad' that feel like takes that have very little to do with how likely someone is to be scum, and have a lot more to do with how you personally *want* town and scum to play. And that's really frustrating to me. I'm not here to have a series of logical arguments about a bunch of things that ultimately feel irrelevant to someone's alignment, I'm here to find and take out scum. The ballroom dance of hashing it out in a detailed argument often just favours the players who are best at playing that specific way, regardless of their alignment/accuracy/anything that actually benefits town. And so the way you just casually state what town should be doing and say that someone is scum because they aren't doing things that you think are beneficial just looks clearly innacurate as a way of solving to me.

You're probably town though, and I think that largely because of the way you are making yourself the center of attention narratively in the thread. You're doing more than you'd need to be doing right now for scum utility I think. You're also doing a bunch of things that don't intuitively make you look good to the thread at large, which I don't think you bother doing if you're scum here.

I'm not super interested in going into even more specifics than this because it doesn't feel like a productive use of my time. If you wanted like a selection of your own quotes from me or something then sorry, but I feel like this is as close as I can get to an accurate response to this.

I feel like this is a higher-effort post for scum to make than for town, ergo town indicative. I guess it's somewhat easier to fake in multiball, but I still the general point still stands.

Spoiler:
In post 2673, Yume wrote:Well, I see no reason to continue. We'll all be rehashing the same argument, unless one side gives in.

VOTE: mastina

I am sorry, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made.
In post 2689, T-Bone wrote:Doubtful. I've maintained I think you're scum if Mastina flips town (and vise versa if she flips scum), although I am surprised by your vote.
In post 2693, T-Bone wrote:Sure it's possible. Your Mastina vote has shook my read to the core.

I don't understand why the vote of all posts would make you and others think Yume is town? I think I loosely TR Yume, but why couldn't she be scum voting town!mastina?
We are Greeting (he/him, they/them) and Aisa (she/her, they/them).
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

-Aisa

(sorryyyyy)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:48 am

Post by T-Bone »

To circle back to your first question. This is multiball, the only way I or anyone can be informed of someone's alignment on Day 1 is if we're on the same scum team (or there is a role like mason). So it couldn't be true that I am scum who knows Mastina is town and trying to mislim her. At best I would be scum who knows Mastina isn't on my team.

To answer your second it's because I was scumreading Mastina and Yume was defending Mastina so hard. It's a ballsy play by Yume if they are in fact scum, be a use all they have to do is sit back, let Ydrasse or whoever was gonna hammer instead, and then if Mastina flips town use that as an excuse to push the likes of me or Mathblade.

If Yume is in fact playing 4D chess by anticipating that's how I would read their play then my hats off to them there's nothing I can do.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

Because I had voiced that I was thinking if Mastina flipped town then scum!Yume was trying to pocket for towncred.

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Yume »

If I were scum, why would I want the one of few persons who can successfully peg me as such to replace in? To be clear, jjh can't be pocketed by me, so if you're thinking along those lines, you'd be wrong.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

@T-Bone: thanks for patiently rehashing stuff you've probably said somewhere at some point :3
In post 2945, T-Bone wrote:To circle back to your first question. This is multiball, the only way I or anyone can be informed of someone's alignment on Day 1 is if we're on the same scum team (or there is a role like mason). So it couldn't be true that I am scum who knows Mastina is town and trying to mislim her. At best I would be scum who knows Mastina isn't on my team.
Sure, I understand that. I think it still fits Yume's point for you to be scum in multiball, though. Her point is something like "You would have reconsidered your read if you weren't informed". Change the word "informed" to "scum" and the argument still works? Like, "You would have reconsidered your read if you actually cared about who we limmed beyond it not being you or your partner."
To answer your second it's because I was scumreading Mastina and Yume was defending Mastina so hard. It's a ballsy play by Yume if they are in fact scum, be a use all they have to do is sit back, let Ydrasse or whoever was gonna hammer instead, and then if Mastina flips town use that as an excuse to push the likes of me or Mathblade.

If Yume is in fact playing 4D chess by anticipating that's how I would read their play then my hats off to them there's nothing I can do.
Yeah, I've never really strongly bought into the idea that if someone is off a miselimination then they have more "credit" to push whoever was on the miselimination. I don't see what's so rocket-science-y about scum being on a miselimination and still pushing others on the same wagon the next day? Like, all you need to say is "I think someone misled us yesterday".
In post 2946, T-Bone wrote: Because I had voiced that I was thinking if Mastina flipped town then scum!Yume was trying to pocket for towncred.
Am I interpreting this correctly? You voiced that if mastina is town, then Yume might have been trying to pocket her. So why is it impossible for Yume to predict that if she stops acting like she is pocketing mastina, then you would start townreading her?

-Aisa
Bunnyonce
Bunnyonce
Goon
Bunnyonce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Bunnyonce »

In post 2947, Yume wrote:If I were scum, why would I want the one of few persons who can successfully peg me as such to replace in? To be clear, jjh can't be pocketed by me, so if you're thinking along those lines, you'd be wrong.
Also, Yume, is the fact that you sell prunes a serious claim?

Someone feel free to yell at me if this is not a question I'm supposed to be asking

-Aisa

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”