Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Windows, do you have any thoughts on Lars?
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Copper~ »

In post 209, Palmer~ wrote:How are Garry's and Norris' tones different than Windows'?
Windows' posts, while fewer, have a more solvy vibe if that makes sense.
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Copper~ »

In post 225, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 221, Garry~ wrote:I’m having issues processing this game because of the familiar profile pictures and my inability to distinguish men.
Oh good, I'm not the only person having this issue.
Me too but it's less that I can't distinguish men and more that I can't quite distinguish real people when normally there are more colorful things in their places.
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 am

Post by Copper~ »

In post 235, Windows~ wrote: I was of the impression you were posting your code plan as a serious suggestion and the way you went about it plus the fact you did at all both didn't feel to me like something a townie was likely to do.
I disagree with this, why exactly doesn't a code plan seem like a townie thing to do?
Nauls~
Nauls~
Townie
Nauls~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Nauls~ »

In post 230, Clark~ wrote:Page 4 I want to town Child but I'm not there yet. Frank is still town. 96/99 could have been bennings looking for an excuse to vote, has me scum swayed on the slot.
Also could we please not use nicknames? It’s already hard enough to know who’s who.
Windows and Macready’s pfps in particular keep confusing me
Copper~
Copper~
Townie
Copper~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Copper~ »

In post 242, Windows~ wrote: On Copper:

This seems a straight up contradiction?
In post 205, Copper~ wrote:
In post 190, Bennings~ wrote:Elaborate.
Gut and sheeping Lars.
In post 208, Copper~ wrote:Also this kind of trolling is really scummy imo.
Is it just gut and sheeping? or is Norris being really scummy?
I had not quite finished my backread when responding to Bennings, Norris started getting really trolly on page 8 which I didn't read during the "sheeping" comment, the "trolling" comment came after I read everything.

I should probably do wallposts instead of thoughtstream spam and edit them as my outlook changes during my backreads.
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Norris~ »

HAHA FUCK YOU LARS JUSTICE PREVAILS
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 251, Copper~ wrote:
In post 209, Palmer~ wrote:How are Garry's and Norris' tones different than Windows'?
Windows' posts, while fewer, have a more solvy vibe if that makes sense.
Kind of, I thought Garry was pretty solvy. Do you think he's faking it? Why, if so?
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
I don’t think trying to tonally read someone who’s “trolling” is very productive or reliable, so the fact that this is what’s being clung onto is pretty meh. There’s better things to look at (109, hell even 30) are much better to look at than Norris going “heehee I’m trolling”, especially since that sort of behaviour tends to be more player dependant than actually AI
this was exactly my point though. the trolling was a distraction, and it worked. I don't think they're scum because of it, in isolation I slightly lean town on that interaction, but I think it's an approach that scum could easily take and is very likely to be successful.

the main reason I think they're scum is still because of the original reasons that I voted them. I still don't think there's a understandable town thought process behind their earlier posts.

this is also why cooper's vote gave me some hesitation. I didn't like that he sheeped my confidence on a point that was less convincing, imo, than the earlier reasons.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Lars~ »

And following up on that,
In post 255, Copper~ wrote:
In post 242, Windows~ wrote: On Copper:

This seems a straight up contradiction?
In post 205, Copper~ wrote:
In post 190, Bennings~ wrote:Elaborate.
Gut and sheeping Lars.
In post 208, Copper~ wrote:Also this kind of trolling is really scummy imo.
Is it just gut and sheeping? or is Norris being really scummy?
I had not quite finished my backread when responding to Bennings, Norris started getting really trolly on page 8 which I didn't read during the "sheeping" comment, the "trolling" comment came after I read everything.

I should probably do wallposts instead of thoughtstream spam and edit them as my outlook changes during my backreads.
I think if this explanation is true, it makes the vote a little less suspicious. I don't know if it is, though
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Norris~ »

In post 258, Lars~ wrote:this was exactly my point though. the trolling was a distraction, and it worked. I don't think they're scum because of it, in isolation I slightly lean town on that interaction, but I think it's an approach that scum could easily take and is very likely to be successful
whys it so bad if im doing it purposefully? is there no reason a town could want to do it purposefully as well?
Do I need to share everything with the world or do you just want to be stubborn nitpicky bitch?

i dont know if i think your scum or just idiotic yet, but still fuck off.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Lars~ »

I'm somewhere around here:

Nauls
Garry
Blair

Fuchs
Bennings
Windows

MacReady
Childs
Clark

Palmer
Copper
Norris

I don't think I've talked about Palmer much but he's just seemed consistently a little off to me. Feels like he's been trying to pocket Nauls, and the way he followed on Windows in felt slimy to me.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 260, Norris~ wrote:
In post 258, Lars~ wrote:this was exactly my point though. the trolling was a distraction, and it worked. I don't think they're scum because of it, in isolation I slightly lean town on that interaction, but I think it's an approach that scum could easily take and is very likely to be successful
whys it so bad if im doing it purposefully? is there no reason a town could want to do it purposefully as well?
Do I need to share everything with the world or do you just want to be stubborn nitpicky bitch?

i dont know if i think your scum or just idiotic yet, but still fuck off.
I just said that it's not a contributing reason for why I think you're scum. so yes, there are possible reasons you could do it as town. there are also possible reasons you could do it as scum.

if you don't want to talk about the point you don't have to, I would much rather you find other things to talk about because I think that will be more useful to everyone than continuing this
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Norris~ »

I literally said ill happily talk about anything else but yall passed up that opportunity and continued pushing this bullshit point. Not my fault.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Childs~ »

VOTE: Norris
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Childs~ »

I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Norris~ »

I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
Norris~
Norris~
Townie
Norris~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Norris~ »

why didnt i just... try harder to appear town so I wouldnt have to changeling?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 267, Norris~ wrote:why didnt i just... try harder to appear town so I wouldnt have to changeling?
because you are too bad to do that. prove me wrong
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Windows~ »

In post 265, Childs~ wrote:I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
On the flip side if he's town he's a pretty easy target for scum to assimilate. Alternate between snarky posts and copying other people's posts and no one would know the difference.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Childs~ »

In post 269, Windows~ wrote:
In post 265, Childs~ wrote:I can see "Norris" dying and replacing someone in the roster as his strategy for this behavior, I didn't vote him right after that act because wey had'nt heard from Clark
On the flip side if he's town he's a pretty easy target for scum to assimilate. Alternate between snarky posts and copying other people's posts and no one would know the difference.
Don't forget the LaLaLa posts

I mean if trolling is a free pass to being townread as some people seem to be implying why don't we all just troll and random lim people everday?
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Windows~ »

In post 250, Palmer~ wrote:Windows, do you have any thoughts on Lars?
I gave him a free pass for a bit because I enjoy playing with funny people and his entrance was quality:
In post 9, Lars~ wrote:I haven't seen it either. I heard it's based on the hit game Among Us.

VOTE: Windows
Also since then he seems to read me as town so clearly he is town himself.

(For clarity, that's not a reason I read him as town, but nor do I think he's going out of his way to try to pocket me.)

I read him as town for posts like
post 169 and post 196 which both seem like genuine attempts to solve.

And while I disagree with his view of Norris's behaviour in
post 258 I do feel like Lars believes what he's saying here.

199 is the only post that seems like it could be made from informed minority perspective:
In post 199, Lars~ wrote:I do agree with that. I think if Norris is town then that vote looks pretty bad. I'm giving it a pass for now because I don't think Norris is town.

But that single post doesn't outweigh the other posts mentioned, so I lean town on Lars.
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Blair~ »

I was too drunk last night to post and tonight looks like another bender so I'll probably show up at some point on Saturday to actually read this game.
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Blair~ »

In post 240, Clark~ wrote:I've finished reading but mostly just skim read the last few pages coz I got bored
VOTE: Copper

can you explain this vote?
Clark~
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Clark~
they/she
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/she

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Clark~ »

In post 271, Windows~ wrote:
Also since then he seems to read me as town so clearly he is town himself.

(For clarity, that's not a reason I read him as town, but nor do I think he's going out of his way to try to pocket me.)
Why did you feel the need to strikethrough and clarify?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”