Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 299, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1629, Grib wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elements

Damn I tried to swing it without claiming but I ain
't superman.

I'm curious if you can get a read on Enchant's role from the interaction I had with them.

I'm pretty sure we left off the Vig hunt on Enchant/Bella?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1595, Grib wrote:Eira just feels like he's perpetually waking up from a long nap, dropping a post, and and falling back asleep again.
Burned lmao
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

The main thread cleared 10,000 views this morning. I think this village reads too much, that's why their reads are so good.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Aisa wrote:There’s also a really cursed universe in which the setup is deliberately misleading and Frog somehow planned for a misleading Doctor claim from Day 1,
:shifty:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 303, Frogsterking wrote:
Aisa wrote:There’s also a really cursed universe in which the setup is deliberately misleading and Frog somehow planned for a misleading Doctor claim from Day 1,
:shifty:
In post 1635, Aisa wrote:No, Frog just Made Assumptions.
:twisted:
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 302, Frogsterking wrote:The main thread cleared 10,000 views this morning. I think this village reads too much, that's why their reads are so good.
a lot of those are mine but yeh i caught onto that like d2.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:07 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I sent some messages on discord but im guessing you don't have your tablet on.

The game isn't over yet and we can consider a desperado like this:

We have a big blowout toxic fight which makes us look unaligned and preventing town from getting shit together. Once the timer gets close we create or capitalize on an opportunity to flash wagon Grib. I send in the night kill on Bella and you get a message out to someone. On D4, I claim I protected Bella (implying scum left me alive because of our fight and to frame me.)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:08 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Ironically I got the idea from here:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Alison%29
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1822, Elements wrote:
In post 1820, Enchant wrote:
In post 1819, Eiralox wrote:Aisa, i'm not claiming. i'm also not hot on voting n_m tbh.
Oh no... You will not claim. What we gonna possible do?

Oh right.
VOTE: Eiralox
Why vote Eira when you could vote Grib?
There are some minor signs that my strat might work, like this.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:11 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1817, Aisa wrote:I promise more thinking after work, I think I needed a full day to recover from Frog's claim yesterday
And this.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1822, Elements wrote:
In post 1820, Enchant wrote:
In post 1819, Eiralox wrote:Aisa, i'm not claiming. i'm also not hot on voting n_m tbh.
Oh no... You will not claim. What we gonna possible do?

Oh right.
VOTE: Eiralox
Why vote Eira when you could vote Grib?
In post 1823, Grib wrote:Unvoting me while goading others to vote me is pretty cowardly.

He’s probably voting Eira because Eira won’t cooperate. And has also has basically no interest in finding mafia, at least from what I can see.
In post 1824, Elements wrote:I'm not voting you cos there's no point if no one else is
In post 1826, Bellaphant wrote:Erias town.
Nevermind , Town might do it for us.

I still feel like I have to do something.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1829, Elements wrote:
In post 1472, Eiralox wrote:i'm not saying it's not helpful, there are some very interesting theories for why frogsterking scum!

I generally like to hash things out in person with someone, tho, and if they've been gone for a long time i'm wary of letting others form my opinions for me. so i wasn't dissing what u saying but explaining how i work, i guess.
Like this post
Well played
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:01 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think we definitely want the hammer to fall on Grib/Elements/Enchant, so we can predict that Bella will shoot NM. I want to turn in the night kill tonight so you can get another message out (to Aisa I think?)

I think there also is a slim possibility that Bella will shoot Aisa, in which case eliminating NM is okay.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

"Many towns will simply heed a call of “flash wagon!” and frantically switch targets like a raid boss having their aggro pulled by a moronic DPS. But some more skeptical playerlists might need a little convincing. Fortunately, you have a wide variety of fallacious arguments that you can pull out of your arsenal in order to convince them. Don’t bother using just one, either: use every one you think you can get away with, especially if other players have limited time (owing to the impending deadline) to refute them. It worked for Duane Gish, and it can work for you.

The first argument you will be using is DADV, which stands for “Dead Air, Dead Villager”. The real-life Italian Mafia abide by a strict code of silence known as omertà. Similarly, forum mafia teams are also bound to a strict code of silence that forbids them from talking whenever a villager is being wagoned. It therefore follows that any game thread which goes for more than five minutes without a post is guaranteed to be wagoning an innocent townie. No self-respecting mafioso would ever wolfread - or, god forbid, vote - a teammate, and so if someone in the game is a consensus suspect, that person is confirmed town, and you should treat them as such.

The second argument is known as “TWTBW”. All the good arguments in mafia have complex acronyms. Like many things, the longer they are, the more attractive they will be to the general population. In this case, TWTBW stands for “Too Wolfy To Be Wolf”. The premise behind this argument is simple. Wolves are not wolfy. In fact, wolves are never wolfy. As a result, anyone who is wolfy cannot possibly be a wolf. The only people who are wolfy are townies, so if you find someone acting in the most scummy, unjustifiable, anti-town way possible, you can rest assured that they have a green role card. If anyone challenges this logic, mock them for making “level 1” reads. Level 1 reads are never correct because anything obvious cannot be true. This segues neatly into…

“The game can’t be this easy”. There isn’t an acronym for this one, but I’m sure there will be by this time next year. Mafia games are never easy. No matter how stacked the playerlist, and how well you’ve been doing, the game is always the most fiendishly difficult, labyrinthine, and impossible solve imaginable. It doesn’t matter if town is well on its way to a sweep. There is always a deepwolf, this is mandated by the laws of man and God, and it is your responsibility to find them. Reject all attempts at peddling solves which are logical consequences of the game’s events. Flash wagoning is your one chance to earn glory and a champs advance by swapping wagons onto a deepwolf. Since they’re deep, you will usually want to target only consensus, obvious town with your flash wagon. Those are the most likely to flip mafia.

Which brings us to our fourth and last argument, “let it rand”. This one is the most situational, as it can only be used when there are two competing wagons - although you can always create a competing wagon using the first three if it doesn’t already exist. Out of everyone in the game, who can you be completely certain isn’t mafia? That’s right, Modbot. Not only is Modbot confirmed to not be mafia, it also knows the identities of all the mafia members, as it was the one who sent them their role PMs. Therefore it is obviously correct to let Modbot make all your decisions for you. Rather than using their brains to figure out which of two possible candidates is scummier, frivolously encourage the town to force a tie and allow Modbot to sort it out. Random chance is always superior to reasoned analysis in games of deduction.

If all else fails, there’s always “vibes”."

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Alison%29
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Eiralox »

omf ill read later aaah walls : P
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:22 am

Post by Eiralox »

ok scanned everything except wall. im gonna hang back for a bit more. honestly... we can leave bella alive, heal, and i claim i mailed in killed OR I calim something else. i'll let things mature. don 't think i can fight rn
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 315, Eiralox wrote:ok scanned everything except wall. im gonna hang back for a bit more. honestly... we can leave bella alive, heal, and i claim i mailed in killed OR I calim something else. i'll let things mature. don 't think i can fight rn
That's fine, I was being panicky and the wall was a quote from the link. I'm going to try and play for some of that stuff in the wall.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 315, Eiralox wrote:honestly... we can leave bella alive, heal, and i claim i mailed in killed OR I calim something else. i'll let things mature. don 't think i can fight rn
I was just thinking about that and I think it's too cheeky to leave Bella alive because they can reflect and realize that they're pocketed. It also gives a chance to sell a roleblock + kill theory because it makes sense scum would want to get rid of the vig before the doc in case the roleblocker gets voted out before they can block the second shot.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Eiralox »

well ok, if enchant or elements arent protective, I kill bella. solves mailman thing maybe, options other than straight claim are bulletproof joat (mailman etc.) or mason 2-shot mailman in N_M hood or whatever. straight claim and say i mailed fire/u very much on table but hedge bag fragmagick works sometimes
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Eiralox »

enchant/elements/n_M being watcher or tracker hitch in thing
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1876, Frogsterking wrote:Hold your horses, I found some leads in Grib's ISO. I got a chai latte earlier which didn't have enough kick for me, so I'm actually grabbing some more laundry money and headed back to Starbucks again so I can drink something with more horsepower while I compile my thoughts.

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference

My ideas are based partially on the concept of transference and how it applies to mafia. There's a chance this may have caused me to misattribute some of Grib's motivations onto those he was interacting with.
In post 1855, Elements wrote:I don't think Frog is scum
In post 1856, Elements wrote:I'm not enjoying playing with them
I don't know what to say. I feel like apologizing because I get toxic a lot headed toward the late game (which I then don't actually reach because I get mislimmed), but in this case you were the one who told me to kill myself and my family, so it feels like I would be a self-loathing people pleaser if I apologized? I'm about to get solvey so maybe it will be easier to work together since you seem to like that?

If you're Town then it's best we don't fight for the next 24 hours. I'm open to constructive criticism on my ideas (as long as it's constructive.) If you're scum though then feel free to come at me, it will help me read you :wink:

PEdit:

I don't think so because that's what the role "checkers" are for. That is like...their only ability, to know if their ability was roleblocked. Their actual ability itself has no effect on their target.
Am I pushing the believability too hard? I'm about to push much harder into anti town tinfoil (and I'm not intending to pick at Elements any more.)
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Eiralox »

idk tbh i feel that town is so lost now that they cant scumread u anymore that they might cling onto any competent-seeming flotsam.

in the end i think if u make cases that seem solid enough town might roll with it and might not sus u 2 much.

eh.

like i think there's trust restored in you that pushing hard is okm but...................... i'm not thinky rn. everything you type reads a bit scummy to me so i'm not the best cheerleader here XD

ur game analyses abd 'elements was mean to me but i see need to move past' does come off as towny maybe so yeah. doc frog revealed going hard for reads cos theyre gonna die N3 is a good image to form so all in all, you do you. i'm feeling any advice i have to give at this point is gonna be half-assed at best cos frankly i'm a bit disengaged rn.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Thank you for being honest about the scumminess, I'm pretty sure Fire would be heckling me hard right now if they alive and I feel like you would as well if you were Town. I'm going to power through with the terrible solving to help shut down morale and because of what you said about meeting the last minute doc reads image.

It would probably help to meet up discord during N3 (provided one of us doesn't get flash wagoned) to figure out what's up. I don't expect Town has anything at this point because scum are screwed over with no multitasking and Town are screwed over with with their shitty TPRs so there seems to be an equilibrium.

BUT I don't want to rule out there isn't still some surprise watcher/tracker or whatever because I have played in a setup like that as scum on this website before and it almost ended the game instantly.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Eiralox »

yeah im not fully trusting enchant vt claim tbh. but might be 3 macho masons/complex vig then us so meh maybe.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Who is the dumbest pick as an FoS to be partnered with Grib?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”