Newbie 2104 | Wikipedia Articles | Game Over!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 661, thewingfan wrote:I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance.
Bear in mind, this is the full extent of wingfan's scumread on me. It is pure projection. I have provided more substance in a single post than he has all game. This is not a real scumread, this is not how a townie acts. He's purely setting up to blame me for misreading faustiv.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 725, catboi wrote:
In post 661, thewingfan wrote:I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance.
Bear in mind, this is the full extent of wingfan's scumread on me. It is pure projection. I have provided more substance in a single post than he has all game. This is not a real scumread, this is not how a townie acts. He's purely setting up to blame me for misreading faustiv.

Or your argument of you've never seen a townie framed on this site is BS and its case of I'm right and he doth protest to much. As much as I want to get out of here hanging me while not the worst thing for the town, its not great either.

Let's be real, I'm the ONLY one to stand up for faust. If I was the baddie, why would I bother to do that?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 726, thewingfan wrote:

Or your argument of you've never seen a townie framed on this site is BS and its case of I'm right and he doth protest to much. As much as I want to get out of here hanging me while not the worst thing for the town, its not great either.

Let's be real, I'm the ONLY one to stand up for faust. If I was the baddie, why would I bother to do that?
You're very funny.

I have never seen scum kill someone who was scumread by another player in order to frame that player, across well over a hundred games of form mafia. Why would I lie about that? Sometimes frame kills happen because of the
reverse
- scum killing Player A, and then using it to push player B, who was player A's scumread. But not the opposite. It's illogical. And again, as I have repeated ad nauseam, thyn being the kill was for being a PR. All other possible motives are irrelevant.

Also, your appeal to emotion here is noted.

I HAVE seen, in dozens of games, scum defend a townie who was doomed and being tunneled on to try to look good the next day when they flipped town. It's called "white knighting". It's incredibly basic and obvious and I already dissected why your townread on faustiv was you blatantly buddying up to a townie who was wrong about literally everything.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 727, catboi wrote:
In post 726, thewingfan wrote:

You're very funny

I have never seen scum kill someone who was scumread by another player in order to frame that player, across well over a hundred games of form mafia. Why would I lie about that? Sometimes frame kills happen because of the
reverse
- scum killing Player A, and then using it to push player B, who was player A's scumread. But not the opposite. It's illogical. And again, as I have repeated ad nauseam, thyn being the kill was for being a PR. All other possible motives are irrelevant.

Also, your appeal to emotion here is noted.

I HAVE seen, in dozens of games, scum defend a townie who was doomed and being tunneled on to try to look good the next day when they flipped town. It's called "white knighting". It's incredibly basic and obvious and I already dissected why your townread on faustiv was you blatantly buddying up to a townie who was wrong about literally everything.
If I do get hanged I really am going to enjoy watching you twist yourself around when I'm revealed to be town.

That's gonna be great.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 712, catboi wrote:VOTE: Faustiv

I'll respond to stuff in postgame that feels relevant but kind of disappointed in myself this game, I wanted to set an example and I don't really think I did well in that regard.
gdi I actually can't decide if this post is from Scum or Town but it's 1 or the other catboi, you're either my ride-or-die or we're killing you today like this hammer is just amazingly confoundingly impossible for me to parse, BBT plz help I have been v/la

TWF convince me catboi is Scum bc rn now you're just AtEing it up in-thread, I am heavily leaning towards believing them and kicking you, since we have 1 more miselim for funsies

also my activity most likely will continue to be ~meh~ for another RL day or 2, flights home+midterm elections here

last thoughts on claiming/solving which I'll be honest, y'all shot down rly quickly but whatever - you-do-you I guess

1. basically we only rly care about whether or not the Friendly Neighbor (FN) exists, that gives us all we need
2. if anybody has gotten a FN PM, don't claim who the FN is, just say you got a PM that somebody is 100% Town and we can move on
3. if nobody has gotten a FN PM we can assume we're in setup 3 and will get no info from Tracker until they die

3. is super sad, but it's what will happen if nobody wants to claim - question for the Tracker, if we have one, exactly what purpose does your role serve if not to eventually out yourself and all info you've gathered to attempt to assist w the mid/late-game solving? The clock is chiming late-game-o-clock btw. That's why I felt claiming yesterDay was fine and it's even better today; bc if Tracker exists and gives us any info at all the game could easily be over. But either they've chosen poorly w targets and therefore have no info at all, or they've been crumbing targets/info in their posts (ew. bad. handing info to Scum without making it clearly available to Town. ew. awful.), or they've been just... waiting. Well, now's the time buckaroo. Your role does nothing if you don't reveal and act on the info. Sad but true, be more useless.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 728, thewingfan wrote:If I do get hanged I really am going to enjoy watching you twist yourself around when I'm revealed to be town.

That's gonna be great.
I WILL TAKE APPEAL TO EMOTION FOR $800 ALEX
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

you're both so self-righteous, on reread I rly think it might be possible that catboi/TWF are TvTing here, let's all 3 drop some pressure on Fennec/ceejay's slots?
the true inactive beetches?

I bet Scum is newScum who left 3 SEs alive to WIFOM eachother to death after an early hot potato fuck up by their partner or that Scum is BBT/catboi laughing at me but either way fuck you, you know exactly how to get me invested in
outcomes
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Maestro »

OH WWS and Fennec are also Rose's slot? I had no ideeeeea

VOTE: Wayward Son

catboi/TWF whichever is Town don't vote first but one of you should also vote lol (this request is a trap, yes)
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:21 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 731, Maestro wrote:you're both so self-righteous, on reread I rly think it might be possible that catboi/TWF are TvTing here, let's all 3 drop some pressure on Fennec/ceejay's slots?

I bet Scum is newScum who left 3 SEs alive to WIFOM eachother to death after an early hot potato fuck up by their partner or that Scum is BBT/catboi laughing at me but either way fuck you, you know exactly how to get me invested in
outcomes
Welp for me to be bad you have to be willing to believe that from the outset that ALL of the following is true.

1. Sterling and I were partners.

-This is possible. I defended him. Not a good look for me.

2. Upon Sterling's death I then killed off Thryn despite following faust in voting for them.

-Also Possible, but I really don't know if doing so-or not is bad or good.

3. I then NOT ONLY left faust alive, but then stood on a table and said he wasn't the baddie and refused to vote for him. Even when you asked me to drop the hammer. You'd also have to believe that I went ahead and told you all what I was doing.

-This is where this theory falls apart in my mind. Because yes I would have absolutely left faust alive after the Thrynh kill. Know what I wouldn't do? Call attention to it.

If you really want to vote me for funsies go ahead. It'll just put me out of my misery. Won't help the town though.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:26 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 730, Maestro wrote:
In post 728, thewingfan wrote:If I do get hanged I really am going to enjoy watching you twist yourself around when I'm revealed to be town.

That's gonna be great.
I WILL TAKE APPEAL TO EMOTION FOR $800 ALEX
No its not. I will take great joy and imagining his face if and when I flip.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

My apologies, we've been installing wood flooring (bamboo) in my youngest's house. We're almost done, but I'm so sore.

I made a post last night, right before Maestro's posts, but I left it i preview.

I really, really think both catboi and Maestro are Town. That leaves us with 3 slots.

thewingman is my best choice. If I'm wrong (this time), it's just gotta be BBT.

Be back later
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

@ catboi If you fail me (by being scum) everyone is gonna start voting my Town leans! jk
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 734, thewingfan wrote:No its not. I will take great joy and imagining his face if and when I flip.
I said something very similar to ProfessorDrapion when I was about to be launched (as Town), so I understand the feeling.

We have one extra flip, but it'd be great to get it with this one. In my mind, it's either thewingman or BBT. I'm guessing this is mountainious?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'll get to this today.

Game looks spicy from a quick skim.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 737, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 734, thewingfan wrote:No its not. I will take great joy and imagining his face if and when I flip.
I said something very similar to ProfessorDrapion when I was about to be launched (as Town), so I understand the feeling.

We have one extra flip, but it'd be great to get it with this one. In my mind, it's either thewingman or BBT. I'm guessing this is mountainious?
Mountainious?

To hang someone other than catboi from me you mean? Pretty much but I knowing I am town will move to protect myself if I must. And before anyone tells me that's some kind of baddie tell save it.

It'd be me being town taking a chance that the other person is the one we're looking for. That said. In my mind I've got a hold of string and I want to pull it to the end.

I am unwilling to let go of the faust was framed theory. Also consider that kkgirl at least at one point said they were at least considering catboi was bad. Does a bad catboi kill off kk there to try and avoid kk and I trying to convince others to vote for him today?

and let's not forget in his argument to hang fause he said something to the effect of the game is over once we hang faust? How much longer do you want to let him lead the townie coalition? Hang me I don't care but when I flip town. Please remember he'll have led the town down rabbit holes, and you'll not made it to Wonderland.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 739, thewingfan wrote:and let's not forget in his argument to hang fause he said something to the effect of the game is over once we hang faust? How much longer do you want to let him lead the townie coalition? Hang me I don't care but when I flip town. Please remember he'll have led the town down rabbit holes, and you'll not made it to Wonderland.
The really bad thing there, is I thought faüstiv was scum, even before the Day started.

I think we all need BBT's thoughts on the game. If he believes it's within our three slots, we theoretically have a 66% chance of winning! I'm still hoping!
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

Oh, and Mountainous means only goons and VTs.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

I'm going to try posting more in "American" time, but it'll still be less frequent. It just doesn't work out for me, to be here when most others are. I refuse to phone post, and never read games on my phone!

I'll still post at night.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:52 am

Post by catboi »

Sorry for my absence yesterday, got very busy IRL and didn't have time for this game, will get to things now.
In post 729, Maestro wrote:
In post 712, catboi wrote:VOTE: Faustiv

I'll respond to stuff in postgame that feels relevant but kind of disappointed in myself this game, I wanted to set an example and I don't really think I did well in that regard.
gdi I actually can't decide if this post is from Scum or Town but it's 1 or the other catboi, you're either my ride-or-die or we're killing you today like this hammer is just amazingly confoundingly impossible for me to parse, BBT plz help I have been v/la
I dunno what qualms you have with it, I said I'd hammer, people asked me to hammer, I went ahead and did it, but if you have something you want to ask me about, shoot, I'm an open book. I don't particularly care if I get voted today, I'm fairly confident I found the last scum and the game's won regardless as long as people don't get stupid.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:11 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 743, catboi wrote:I'm fairly confident I found the last scum and the game's won regardless as long as people don't get stupid.
Like you were confident about faust?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:48 am

Post by catboi »

In post 733, thewingfan wrote:
In post 731, Maestro wrote:you're both so self-righteous, on reread I rly think it might be possible that catboi/TWF are TvTing here, let's all 3 drop some pressure on Fennec/ceejay's slots?

outcomes
Welp for me to be bad you have to be willing to believe that from the outset that ALL of the following is true.

1. Sterling and I were partners.

-This is possible. I defended him. Not a good look for me.

2. Upon Sterling's death I then killed off Thryn despite following faust in voting for them.

-Also Possible, but I really don't know if doing so-or not is bad or good.

3. I then NOT ONLY left faust alive, but then stood on a table and said he wasn't the baddie and refused to vote for him. Even when you asked me to drop the hammer. You'd also have to believe that I went ahead and told you all what I was doing.

-This is where this theory falls apart in my mind. Because yes I would have absolutely left faust alive after the Thrynh kill. Know what I wouldn't do? Call attention to it.

If you really want to vote me for funsies go ahead. It'll just put me out of my misery. Won't help the town though.
Again, "why would I defend a townie as scum" is not a particularly compelling defense to me. Scum defend town all the time. The fact is I do not find your townread on faustiv to have been credible.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 735, Wayward Son wrote:My apologies, we've been installing wood flooring (bamboo) in my youngest's house. We're almost done, but I'm so sore.

I made a post last night, right before Maestro's posts, but I left it i preview.

I really, really think both catboi and Maestro are Town. That leaves us with 3 slots.

thewingman is my best choice. If I'm wrong (this time), it's just gotta be BBT.

Be back later
In post 736, Wayward Son wrote:@ catboi If you fail me (by being scum) everyone is gonna start voting my Town leans! jk
I thought you were considering the possibility it was me Day 2? What changed?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 732, Maestro wrote:OH WWS and Fennec are also Rose's slot? I had no ideeeeea

VOTE: Wayward Son

catboi/TWF whichever is Town don't vote first but one of you should also vote lol (this request is a trap, yes)
My problem with the theory of wayward being scum is that I don't think Sterling's vote on Fennec looked like a bus vote, at all. Do you really think it could have been? The weak excuses he made for hopping that wagon just didn't scream newbscum distancing, normally they tend to have more confidence if they're pushing a bus.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 746, catboi wrote:I thought you were considering the possibility it was me Day 2? What changed?
A lot. I at first thought it was faüstiv with a slight chance of ceejay being scum. faüstiv made me doubt my Town read on you a bit.

I've decided you're Town, and I think Maestro is Town.

I have been fooled by high posting scum (Greeting), but I think I'm right this time.

IMO it's got to be thewingfan or BBT>
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Dannflor »