Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

In post 3224, Toogeloo wrote:I shouldn't have gotten involved with whatever is going on, I obviously don't have enough information and was just trying to get involved.

I need a flock.
Stuff like this is literally the best time to get involved. Do literally anything and form opinions based on that.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Past Present Future »

So that’s yet another thing I don’t understand but I’m attributing that to the whole apple confusion because it read to me like they wrongly assumed that Yume checked us not Mastina, so I’m still not clear at all wtf’s up with that.

The rs claim didn’t make sense because we didn’t claim. The hypothetical reaction test/invest also don’t make sense coming from them either based on the reasoning they gave either.

I’m hoping when they get back online that they can hopefully clarify this, because MMR had claimed a hard tr on us yesterday so none of any of it makes sense to me.

But I’m really frustrated with you Math and everyone who’s ignoring the fact that Scarf tried to threaten me into voting out a hardclaimed tpr yesterday and for some unfathomable reason, people are fucking ignoring that.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:17 pm

In post 3225, Scarfmanship wrote:
In post 3224, Toogeloo wrote:I shouldn't have gotten involved with whatever is going on, I obviously don't have enough information and was just trying to get involved.

I need a flock.
Stuff like this is literally the best time to get involved. Do literally anything and form opinions based on that.
I wholeheartedly agree, Toog should obviously sheep my vote because you’re still my strongest sr and we should have limmed you instead of Bunny.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3226, Past Present Future wrote:So that’s yet another thing I don’t understand but I’m attributing that to the whole apple confusion because it read to me like they wrongly assumed that Yume checked us not Mastina, so I’m still not clear at all wtf’s up with that.

The rs claim didn’t make sense because we didn’t claim. The hypothetical reaction test/invest also don’t make sense coming from them either based on the reasoning they gave either.

I’m hoping when they get back online that they can hopefully clarify this, because MMR had claimed a hard tr on us yesterday so none of any of it makes sense to me.

But I’m really frustrated with you Math and everyone who’s ignoring the fact that Scarf tried to threaten me into voting out a hardclaimed tpr yesterday and for some unfathomable reason, people are fucking ignoring that.
Literally not ignoring things.

I am lurking.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Enchant »

I never said i am Vanilla
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

You could have killed me d1, and I even volunteered it, but you missed your chance and I townslipped and now I'm engaged with the game plus I'm towny so it's no longer productive to kill me.

UNVOTE:

I'm trying to think through cases right now of what's going on, because I don't understand MMR's motivation. Even if you assume MMR is scum, MMR's motivation for claiming a guilty on a vocal slot that is being hard defended by another vocal slot (mastina) and then backing off in a weird way doesn't make sense to me and I'm trying to reason it out.

Open question: Why does scum MMR make this play?
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:24 pm

In post 3228, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3226, Past Present Future wrote:So that’s yet another thing I don’t understand but I’m attributing that to the whole apple confusion because it read to me like they wrongly assumed that Yume checked us not Mastina, so I’m still not clear at all wtf’s up with that.

Literally not ignoring things.

I am lurking.
It’s not just you. Scarf’s voting us is hella scummy considering the shit they tried to pull yesterday but yet everyone but us seems to be giving them a pass for that and I don’t understand that at all and the most ridiculous votes were on furtive who adamantly opposed Bunny wagon, so honestly don’t know wtf people are thinking/not thinking here.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:29 pm

In post 3230, Scarfmanship wrote:You could have killed me d1, and I even volunteered it, but you missed your chance and I townslipped and now I'm engaged with the game plus I'm towny so it's no longer productive to kill me.

UNVOTE:

I'm trying to think through cases right now of what's going on, because I don't understand MMR's motivation. Even if you assume MMR is scum, MMR's motivation for claiming a guilty on a vocal slot that is being hard defended by another vocal slot (mastina) and then backing off in a weird way doesn't make sense to me and I'm trying to reason it out.

Open question: Why does scum MMR make this play?
I don’t even understand what their play even is yet. MMR claimed a hard tr on us. Then they claim an invest on us, why? totally baffled by that. Then they claim rs on us but we never claimed anything. Then they say it was actually a reaction test and that they’re also neapolitan, so I have no idea what to believe because none of it is making sense - other than of course the apple thing.

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Past Present Future
Wizard-Mercenary

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:35 pm

People wanted to lim Bunny before deadline and I never actually gave Titus permission. What I actually said was that I don’t have a read on them and I would leave it up to her to decide.

By the time I read the thread, they were already hammered and I was really upset because it was clear from their last post they were likely flipping town and I was kicking myself that I wasn’t online to unvote.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:35 pm

In post 3233, Enchant wrote:VOTE: Past Present Future
bad vote if you’re town

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

I am jester
Wizard-Mercenary

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:37 pm

In post 3236, Enchant wrote:I am jester
Clearly. :shifty:

Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

Things I agree about mastina with: mostly everything.

Thing that I disagree with mastina with: MMR could absolutely be roleblocked. MMR is in the mafia pool. Any non-MMR aligned roleblocker has a good reason to target MMR. This is multiball! No one wants their enemies taking actions. Why can't solar mafia have a roleblocker that acts at night as an inter-scum balance measure?

sketchy claim = why didn't the neopolitan check the VT slips? why did the loyal neopolitan instead check a townread? [source: mastina]

[ MMR town, but roleblocked ]

Maybe, but MMR town contradicts the sketchy claim.

[ MMR town, PPF town ]
MMR is a loyal neopolitan who opted not to check VT slips, and instead decided to check their townread PPF, but MMR got roleblocked. Too many coincidences to be probable + makes no sense to cop your townread.

[ MMR town, PPF scum ]
MMR actually has a guilty on PPF. OK but sketchy claim, whyd you cop your townread and then say guilty when you got no result. wtf

[MMR scum, PPF town]
MMR claims a guilty on a vocal townie being hard defended by a vocal player (mastina) because ???????????????????????????????????
if you're a scum rolecop and you don't like ppf's role just nightkill ppf/tell your partners and move on? because if all goes according to plan and everyone believes you, PPF claims a strong PR at L-1 and then you die instead. If PPF is a VT, why did you claim a guilty on a VT are you ok??? Doesn't make any sense. Least likely outcome imo.

[MMR scum, PPF other scum]
MMR is a lunar mafia rolecop who got a solar result on PPF and wants to kill them but they don't have a nightkill until another 3 phases pass, and their long term plan to get away scot free after killing PPF is by claiming easy VT checks on known VTs. <-- this is the only scenario in which it makes sense for MMR to act the way they did. Any other scenario and you have to assume MMR is playing bad, which mastina refuted because a big hydra with strong players shouldn't play that badly.

[ Conclusion ]

Get MMR to explain themselves fully. Then, kill MMR.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm

In post 2899, professotic wrote:Bunny, Scarf, Unwnd and MMR is who I’m down to go on RN.
In post 3000, professotic wrote:But actually no Furtive is just always town here.
In post 2893, furtiveglance wrote:I don't think Bunnyonce is a good vote.
In post 2968, furtiveglance wrote:Bunnyonce is town, this wagon is sus as hell.
In post 2972, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2971, MathBlade wrote:I find it worth noting in general the hard defenders of Mastina (minus Yume) now are saying she’s sus when bunny is wagoned.

Will compile a list when I get time. Rough day.

If Bunny is scum partners likely in those people.
If Bunny is town then on Mastina on Bunny is where I would focus
I don't want to run up Mastina again (on account of the claim). I'm just saying that this Bunnyonce wagon is sus.
In post 2985, furtiveglance wrote:Man didn't realise that was hammer. Man's re-evaluating man's unwnd townread.
In post 2990, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2988, unwnd wrote:Speak more directly about what you're exactly trying to imply, your post annoyed me because you didn't give a reason
I think Bunnyonce flips town, you obviously think so too, and you're ambivalent. That's just dodgy
In post 3008, furtiveglance wrote:Dawn time, I'm probably right about everything this game because I was right about Bunnyonce. And probably Professotic.
In post 3161, unwnd wrote:VOTE: Furtiveglance

I'm bussing my lunar partner
@unwnd, can you explain this vote?

Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

unwnd is mafia and i will push them later, but not right now
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

VOTE: MMR
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

I vote Scarf next.
Wizard-Mercenary

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:56 pm

In post 3240, Scarfmanship wrote:unwnd is mafia and i will push them later, but not right now
Why not?

Their furtive vote is the most absolutely bizarre vote.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3230, Scarfmanship wrote:Open question: Why does scum MMR make this play?
To make you ask why would scum do this.

That is in fact, always the answer to why a scum player may do something.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by unwnd »

What about is it bizarre

Look at furtive's posts (this phase) and tell me if they are productive in any sort of way

I dislike when people say shit and then don't follow up, that's the most blunt way of putting it
Stop
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

In post 3243, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3240, Scarfmanship wrote:unwnd is mafia and i will push them later, but not right now
Why not?

Their furtive vote is the most absolutely bizarre vote.
because I want to kill MMR first!
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

In post 3244, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3230, Scarfmanship wrote:Open question: Why does scum MMR make this play?
To make you ask why would scum do this.

That is in fact, always the answer to why a scum player may do something.
OK, well disregard half my post then, but still kill MMR...? If anything that makes PPF look better
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3230, Scarfmanship wrote:I'm trying to think through cases right now of what's going on, because I don't understand MMR's motivation.
I'm not typing the full thing up yet (have other things to do), but I was actually gonna address that!

I have a theory!
In post 3003, MegAzumarill wrote:As the sun begins to set, a ray of sunlight catches onto Mathblade and surrounds him. Likewise, as the moon rises the moonlight surrounds Dingle Dangle Scarecrow. They are surrounded by radiant and ethereal light.

Mathblade is blessed by the solar god Helius. He cannot be aligned with the Lunar Cult. If he was eliminated during this phase, the Solar Cult would have been vanilaised. The Solar Cult was the only group with access to this information.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow is blessed by the lunar goddess Luna. They cannot be aligned with the Solar Cult. If they were eliminated during this phase, the Lunar Cult would have been vanilaised. The Lunar Cult was the only group with access to this information.
I don't think that players being bathed in moonlight/sunlight was a mechanic specific to D1.

Now, the
details
might differ.
Maybe instead of a nerf to the other scumteam, one specific elimination gives a buff to the scumteam.
Maybe instead of knowing which player gives the enemy team a debuff, they know which player would give them a debuff.
Maybe it's still a debuff, but somehow different from a vanillaize of the scumteam.

But my theory is the
mechanic
is still present. As in, every day, until some sort of condition is met, two players are revealed with one revealed as not-sun and the other not-moon.
Those conditions could be anything from
-A scum player is eliminated,
-Enough phases of the game have passed (with it having been a set number, say, 2-4 reveals total),
-A player that was bathed in sun/moonlight is eliminated,
Who knows exactly.

But I don't think that it was just a D1 thing, just MathBlade and Dingle Dangle Scarecrow and nobody else for the rest of the game.

Obviously, that theory is something which will either be proven to have merit or be proven wrong once this day phase ends. So no way of knowing.

But if my theory is right, you know what that gives scum incentive to do?

Potentially--eliminate a target.

If Past Present Future are bathed in light right now, that gives a motive for MMR to eliminate them,
especially
given the SOFT nature of the guilty. They're not claiming cop with a guilty where after a townflip from PPF we always kill MMR. They're claiming a soft guilty, one which is easy to talk their way out of when PPF flip town.

The reward from an elimination on a bathed target would be worth the risk of
potentially
(but not guaranteed) being eliminated after, would it not?

That gives incentive, that gives motive.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm

I’m down with voting Scarf or unwnd. Their furtive vote is just awful.

I’m want to hear MMR’s explanation. I don’t understand what they’re doing as either alignment.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”