Micro 1065 Coalition Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

and I'm sorry if I'm wrong and dumped that wall towards you I am very open to being Wrong so don't be discouraged

but if you're scum you can be a little bit discouraged
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

I've been withholding my walls because I often wonder if the act of doing so is just mental exercise for myself, and skim material for the rest
Stop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I should probably start doing that!

It would probably be better for collaboration and also my sanity
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

I mean don't get me wrong

I love a thorough examination of thought, it's just that usually most people will just accredit your post based on effort, instead of context
Stop
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Lucian »

I am not discouraged! I've skimmed the case and I have responses which I'll type up shorty. I don't love getting into wall wars, but you asked for feedback, so...
In post 224, Dannflor wrote:Lucian where did unwnd go in your coalition
He didn't go anywhere. Just, at the time of making my most recent coalition, I realized I have better reasons to include other people in than him. Something about his approach to my slot also pings me the wrong way, but I'm not yet consciously aware what exactly, so I didn't feel like it's worth including.
I, too, have a destiny.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

if it is more helpful to hash things out bit by bit that might be more parse-able than wall wars
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

so what is your read on unwnd right now? I'm also not really sure what you mean by his approach to your slot, he hasn't really interacted with you much tbh
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 231, Dannflor wrote:so what is your read on unwnd right now? I'm also not really sure what you mean by his approach to your slot, he hasn't really interacted with you much tbh
A weird null? And yes, I know he hasn't interacted with me much, that's part of the problem - he suddenly dropped me as his #1 scumread, when I did not get that vibe from him before, and I'm struggling to see why he thinks so or how he arrived to that conclusion. It's... it feels to be bad-faith, but it's also in a moment where it doesn't greatly benefit scum to drop weird unexplained reads on my slot. It feels opportunistic, because it's not unpopular, but it's also not
necessary
for scum-him to do?
I, too, have a destiny.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by unwnd »

Effort is very easy to fake however. I know this from experience. I've made my millions by faking effort. It is a strategy to try and overwhelm someone and make it sound convincing.

Lucian's approach isn't exactly
overwhelming
, but the basis of my scumread is closely related to the act of convincing someone. Lucian's posts (as a whole) is that he looks like he's trying to convince
himself.
To convince oneself his mentality is green even when the shade of his role PM contradicts.

This very notion is exacerbated by his odd willingness to back down on things when given even the slightest amount of pushback. We had a conversation about Junko and both agreed that was she did was weird. OK. Why are we here now where he suddenly agrees with Junko being town. It's not that townies can't be influenced by those around them, but that read in particular felt quite strong even if early. The processing in which his thoughts formulate are sort of always keeping close to what everyone is doing instead of what he should be doing. This type of willingness to engage would be alright if he were offering some sort of perspective in the mix. He really hasn't and he continues to make observation without trying to reach conclusion.
Stop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 232, Lucian wrote:
In post 231, Dannflor wrote:so what is your read on unwnd right now? I'm also not really sure what you mean by his approach to your slot, he hasn't really interacted with you much tbh
A weird null? And yes, I know he hasn't interacted with me much, that's part of the problem - he suddenly dropped me as his #1 scumread, when I did not get that vibe from him before, and I'm struggling to see why he thinks so or how he arrived to that conclusion. It's... it feels to be bad-faith, but it's also in a moment where it doesn't greatly benefit scum to drop weird unexplained reads on my slot. It feels opportunistic, because it's not unpopular, but it's also not
necessary
for scum-him to do?
why didn't you ask him about the read?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

maybe unwnd and lucian should hold hands outside the coalition

i had burmese food for dinner it was so good
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

What is your read on me, Ydrasse
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

I dont remember my little blorbo being so....

opaque while saying so many words

it's confusing to me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Una »

In post 223, Dannflor wrote:I also really keep coming back to 212 and wondering why you made it. It doesn't feel like its purpose is to sort Una's alignment, especially because you happily threw her in a coalition shortly after.
In post 219, Una wrote:
In post 202, Dannflor wrote:Una where is your
Whimsy posting
I'm ladylike and refined.
Nobody likes whimsy posting.
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:HEAL: junkochan, menalque, una, unwnd, ydrasse
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by unwnd »

I feel strange about that take cause I personally feel like I've gotten better at conveying what I mean?
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 239, unwnd wrote:I feel strange about that take cause I personally feel like I've gotten better at conveying what I mean?
i think the words are the transparent aspect yes but i imagine you like a big frosted ice cube whenever i read your posts
they feel dense but not just in a word way

i dont know what bearing this has on your alignment

my take on this page wrt you and lucian was simply "leave both out and probably catch 1 wolf at least" based on interaction happening
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by unwnd »

So you think that my words make sense in terms of language but

You're confused by what it means to me personally? And why I would say it
Stop
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 223, Dannflor wrote:When you make a post like , I get the sense that you made it in order to show that you are thinking about the game, but I don't get the sense you actually care about what thoughts are in it. If you say something like "her reasons for townreading me are not great," I don't understand why that wasn't something you prodded Una on before you made such a post town reading her for that.
This is not necessarily
wrong
- I do think it's important for town to show that they're town in this setup. But I disagree with your characterization of my read of Una. I read her reasoning, I concluded it's not valid, but it's also not something I expect to see from scum. What do you imagine I would prod her about it anyway? My mind about it was made up.
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:When you make posts like or , it doesn't read like you're asking questions or continuing a line of discussion in order to discern alignment, it feels like you are continuing a line of discussion in order to argue about it.
For those two quotes - I disagree with the first, and the second one was never meant to be a tool for me to discern Una's alignment? It was meant to show her my thought process; I'm not sure why you're including it here.
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:Asking Menalque why in or me about my read on you in feels hollow when you vote us for your coalition anyway and ostensibly town read us already.
I know how to use hurt tags. What's the difference between if I vote you in for the coalition right now or if I wait for answers? Will Menalque's answers make a difference in my read of him? Maybe not. Maybe we'll start a convo and I'll end up reading him one way or another.
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:I am also skeptical of your motivation for posting after you had already made . There is a disproportionate amount of your words devoted to scum reading Greeting versus town reading other slots.
Because it's one of the reads I have that I actually feel good about, and I'm trying to cling onto something to hopefully get me to produce better reads down the line.

Not gonna bother with the Greeting stuff because I agree he's scummy.

Overall, I think your case is
fine
. I myself recognize that I'm having more trouble this game than I was having last game. It's also part of the reason why some of my stuff seems "performative" I think; my best reads are when I can properly interact with people, but it seems to me that people this game have either already decided I'm scum, or just spending time interacting with the people they're familiar with, which I cannot properly read or interact with at all. So I'm hoping that I actually can enter the game properly, but I keep falling flat, kind of.

It's unfortunate that I can't prove anything of this, but whatever. I'm hoping that I can show it to be true.
I, too, have a destiny.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Una »

Do you want to become familiar to me Lucian
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 234, Dannflor wrote:
In post 232, Lucian wrote:
necessary
for scum-him to do?
why didn't you ask him about the read?
I mean, I
did
ask him about part of his reasoning for the scumread on me in , I didn't get a response...
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 243, Una wrote:Do you want to become familiar to me Lucian
Sure.
I, too, have a destiny.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 241, unwnd wrote:So you think that my words make sense in terms of language but

You're confused by what it means to me personally? And why I would say it
maybe

maybe it's like a vibe thing
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 238, Una wrote:
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:I also really keep coming back to 212 and wondering why you made it. It doesn't feel like its purpose is to sort Una's alignment, especially because you happily threw her in a coalition shortly after.
In post 219, Una wrote:
In post 202, Dannflor wrote:Una where is your
Whimsy posting
I'm ladylike and refined.
Nobody likes whimsy posting.
In post 223, Dannflor wrote:HEAL: junkochan, menalque, una, unwnd, ydrasse
I got a response I liked
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I empathize with your response Lucian

I have felt myself in a similar position a lot as town

granted I've also felt myself in that position as scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 233, unwnd wrote:Effort is very easy to fake however. I know this from experience. I've made my millions by faking effort. It is a strategy to try and overwhelm someone and make it sound convincing.

Lucian's approach isn't exactly
overwhelming
, but the basis of my scumread is closely related to the act of convincing someone. Lucian's posts (as a whole) is that he looks like he's trying to convince
himself.
To convince oneself his mentality is green even when the shade of his role PM contradicts.

This very notion is exacerbated by his odd willingness to back down on things when given even the slightest amount of pushback. We had a conversation about Junko and both agreed that was she did was weird. OK. Why are we here now where he suddenly agrees with Junko being town. It's not that townies can't be influenced by those around them, but that read in particular felt quite strong even if early. The processing in which his thoughts formulate are sort of always keeping close to what everyone is doing instead of what he should be doing. This type of willingness to engage would be alright if he were offering some sort of perspective in the mix. He really hasn't and he continues to make observation without trying to reach conclusion.
I thought this post was as first

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”