MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3395, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 3381, Scarfmanship wrote:why does toogaloo feel that there is a ton of pushback that PPF is town? Who is calling ppf town?
I suppose it's just the perspective that there are more people interested in eliminating MMR over PPF, and I forget it's Multiball sometimes.
Right now barring any sort of towning it up from either slot I am aokay elimming one and day vigging the other depending on flips. If scum doesn’t care to world solve with their buddy town, who am I to care if they live?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 3398, unwnd wrote:Furtiveglance/Mastina/PPF

DDS/
Ydrasse
/T-Bone

are my scumreads
Can you not use the [ spoiler ] tags and instead use the [ spoiler = ] tags instead? It doesn’t show up on my iPad.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3401, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3398, unwnd wrote:Furtiveglance/Mastina/PPF

DDS/
Ydrasse
/T-Bone

are my scumreads
Can you not use the [ spoiler ] tags and instead use the [ spoiler = ] tags instead? It doesn’t show up on my iPad.
He said
Spoiler: His words
Ydrasse
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Does anyone
object
to elimming one and day vigging the other?

Independent of who we elim?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:25 pm

In post 3403, MathBlade wrote:Does anyone
object

I do obviously but I obviously prefer the vigging category since I can be probably proven to be town but not today.

But idk why you’d even ask this question before either MMR or Titus has a chance to comply with your reads’ requests?

Do they no longer matter to you or what and why are other scummy slots completely off the table?

You were saying you wanted to resolve both us and MMR. Has that now changed? Because why ask for readslists in that case?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3404, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3403, MathBlade wrote:Does anyone
object

I do obviously but I obviously prefer the vigging category since I can be probably proven to be town but not today.

But idk why you’d even ask this question before either MMR or Titus has a chance to comply with your reads’ requests?

Do they no longer matter to you or what and why are other scummy slots completely off the table?

You were saying you wanted to resolve both us and MMR. Has that now changed? Because why ask for readslists in that case?
Nancy head has made it clear she won’t
Titus head may not be capable

MMR heads answers were pretty bad and disconnected and ghosted when I asked for why.

It seems to me both slots in the 1v1 don’t really want to cooperate and would rather just throw anyone else out without explaining why they are paired with or not with the opposing player.

We have people dividing into MMR/PPF camps of who they townread.

What interests me is if someone TRs both people.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In what world do we ever elim Mastina or Scarf in a 1v1?

People need to make pitches related to these two slots.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3255, unwnd wrote:This game needs religion because I fucking pray that a semblance of transparency can be developed
This thread has plenty of transparency present, literally half the town is showing it.
Yume is showing it with her posting. That's self-evident.
T-Bone is showing it with his posting. That's self-evident.
Past Present Future have shown it with their posting. Nancy has made it self-evident.
MathBlade has shown it with his posting. That's self-evident.
For the
most
part I've shown it with mine (I'm currently holding out on a mechanical reason for MMR being scum and a play-based one, but otherwise am fully open). (I personally believe that to be self-evident too.)

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow I will argue has, too.

Heck, while I don't think he's town, even furtiveglance has been transparent. (Not every slot being transparent guarantees them being town, and not every slot lacking transparency is going to be in the PoE pool.)

So like.

That's at least seven slots of 15, literally half the game, which is transparent.
Six of which are guaranteed to be town.

Saying there hasn't been transparency is an outright lie.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:37 pm

In post 3406, MathBlade wrote:In what world do we ever elim Mastina or Scarf in a 1v1?

Mastina wagon is obviously terrible. Scarf not so much and this isn’t a freaking gladiate, so you should be looking at other slots.

You should go talk to Titus because I can assure she is really upset but the reasons for it are none of the thread’s business.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3266, unwnd wrote:I've been doing a lot of things just to see what would stick. I get frustrated when those attempts are ignored. This is how I get into games, and I am not getting any feedback
Well when you insist the towniest slots in the game are scum when those slots are honorary masons in all knowing each other to be town:
That's gonna happen. :P

I am perfectly willing to engage you in the likes of scumreads on furtiveglance, among others.

Try to argue that Past Present Future, Yume, myself, etc. are scum tho?

Nah.

I've explained why they are town and I fucking know my read is right--I ain't budging on those reads because they're not wrong.

I've also explained my scumreads to be fair, but none of them are set in stone because like, the main reason for them to be scumreads is outright just being in the PoE.
In post 3266, unwnd wrote:I disagree with the state of the game because I'm bitter about how D1 happened
I mean when you wagon me when I'm town that's gonna happen--disappointment is inevitable. Town get disappointed if the flip actually goes through (which happens once every three to four years or so), scum get disappointed when it usually does not yet they thought it would.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Yume »

So...uh...I am suddenly scared mastina is deceiving me...
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3408, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3406, MathBlade wrote:In what world do we ever elim Mastina or Scarf in a 1v1?

Mastina wagon is obviously terrible. Scarf not so much and this isn’t a freaking gladiate, so you should be looking at other slots.

You should go talk to Titus because I can assure she is really upset but the reasons for it are none of the thread’s business.
I will talk with her and do about non RL things. I can use phone for mafia at work and discord is way harder.

And you bet your butt it’s a gladiate in spirit. Elimming outside of those two is very antitown imho.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3410, Yume wrote:So...uh...I am suddenly scared mastina is deceiving me...
Mastina and PPF has been one of my theories on D1.

Can you help me sort it?

I understand you townread her D1.

Can you use your Yume logic to re-evaluate her?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3269, Toogeloo wrote:This was my thought process as well, but there is a ton of pushback that PPF is town, so I feel out of the loop.
Nancy is literally the easiest player to read onsite. Genuinely, literally, the easiest.

Any player who has ever played with her before and doesn't insist meta is trash,

Should be townreading her--a lack thereof from any meta-user is genuinely a scumclaim.

It's hard for me to describe why she's town without using meta because I know the meta is right.

But, basically: a town Nancy is incredibly active (a scum Nancy, far less so), incredibly emotional (a scum Nancy, far less so), incredibly erratic (a scum Nancy, far less so), all over the place, not strategic, not focused, is basically ADHD manifested both the attention deficit part and also randomly hyperfocusing on things and ignoring things to focus on one specific thing which she locks onto. She has an energy. She knows she is town and this affects her worldview. She is extra prone to OMGUS behaviors, because with her knowing she is town, she has a FIRE on those scumreading her because in her eyes, there's no way that player could be genuinely scumreading her because clearly if they were town they wouldn't be scumreading her.

And THAT is the Nancy we have
this
game.

Titus is a harder read to explain but it is also meta and explaining without meta is more difficult.

There's also the combined meta of them specifically in a hydra. Titus has a hydra town/scum meta, so does Nancy; they're both in their town hydra meta.

Of course there's pushback to them being scum--because they're self-evidently not.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:47 pm

In post 3411, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3408, Past Present Future wrote:

I will talk with her and do about non RL things. I can use phone for mafia at work and discord is way harder.

And you bet your butt it’s a gladiate in spirit. Elimming outside of those two is very antitown imho.
It’s antitown not to look at anything else. I hard disagree about the furtive srs and I’m open to voting MMR if furtive thinks either Ircher is acting like in Trees or Roden in Turing, he was town in both of those games and Ircher and Roden were both scum in them.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3275, Past Present Future wrote:Because we obviously are. And I don’t understand why Roden of all people wouldn’t know that and Ircher as well but especially Roden, which is why I want to understand exactly wtf they were thinking.
On that note, Roden is definitely scum for something that I can reveal after more MMR posts where they commit to their attempt to mislim PPF.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 3412, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3410, Yume wrote:So...uh...I am suddenly scared mastina is deceiving me...

Can you help me sort it?

That's the thing. I cannot. Her posts all say she's town.
Show

Mah best game

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Yume »

At least in my experience, she is posting like she would as town. Yours could be different, but mine is what it is.
Show

Mah best game

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3416, Yume wrote:

Can you help me sort it?

Okay then let’s talk about your feelings then.

Why did you post that?

Let’s see if we can reconcile your feelings one way or the other.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3278, T-Bone wrote:Something something meta can't possibly wrong.
Not this one.

There are metas that can be wrong. Where a player superficially makes things resembling their towngame when they are scum. Players will townread that player, because of superficial similarities.
When a player has a good scumgame, and has a notable reputation for being good at it, people naturally assume their play resembles past scumgames of theirs. Players will be disinclined to trust them, because of superficial similarities.

A good scum player can display non-superficial similarities to a specific aspect of their meta short-term. That makes it possible for them to be wrongly cleared with meta if players don't reassess.

...But while those metas can all be wrong.

This ain't any of those.

Nancy is not a good scum player. Nancy's scumplay and townplay are night and day different. Nancy's scumplay has virtually zero resemblance to her townplay, and thus there are no superficial similarities.
Nancy's scumplay is bad enough that there's no reason to assume she's suddenly having the game of her life as scum, where suddenly inexplicably she's somehow leveled up her scumgame to be ten times better.

And even if Nancy were a good enough player to keep up the non-superficial similarities to her towngame temporarily--the length she has done so THIS game makes it genuinely impossible for her to be scum, here. If Nancy's townness was temporary, then she could be scum plausibly. But Nancy has only been getting stronger and stronger with time, getting more and more in her towngame. If she were scum, her scumgame would come out more and more and she'd stray further and further from her towngame.

But it's literally the opposite. She's getting more and more into her towngame and further and further from her scumgame.

Nancy is genuinely clear enough to be an Innocent Child in her own right.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:55 pm

In post 3415, mastina wrote:
In post 3275, Past Present Future wrote:Because we obviously are. And I don’t understand why Roden of all people wouldn’t know that and Ircher as well but especially Roden, which is why I want to understand exactly wtf they were thinking.
On that note, Roden is definitely scum for something that I can reveal after more MMR posts where they commit to their attempt to mislim PPF.
What’s concerning me about them is I still don’t understand their reasoning for claiming to target/reaction test me in the first place. If according to them I can only be Lunar or town, why is that even a reason to do either one? And in addition to that why did they rule out Solar? Why not just give some actual reasoning for even being suss on me in the first place? It’s just weirdly specific.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3280, furtiveglance wrote:it's the sign of a pretty clapped gamestate in which scum can slate any good town player for "TMI".
Guess what I felt with the players pushing me yesterday? :P

(I felt like scum were pushing me under TMI logic and I have said this repeatedly and stand by it.)

(I don't think you're scum for this btw, the reason I think you're scum is simply that I have a strong PoE of players who cannot be scum and you're outside of that giving you a 6/7 chance of being scum.)
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 3418, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3416, Yume wrote:

Can you help me sort it?

Okay then let’s talk about your feelings then.

Why did you post that?

Let’s see if we can reconcile your feelings one way or the other.
Show

Mah best game

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Let me rephrase.

What made you post this?

What is scaring you?

Your post after that can’t be what scared you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3283, unwnd wrote:What is telling to me is that with Bunny's death, a lot of people were
Yet it's not being discussed, It's not being considered
It's like it never happened
I have repeatedly stated that the Bunnyonce wagon was a compromise wagon.

You have repeatedly ignored me saying that because you don't want to acknowledge it for being what it is.

Bunnyonce was not a great wagon. I've said literally that exact thing before, you're pretending I didn't.
Me saying that (and again, this is not the first time I have) is me explicitly acknowledging the Bunnyonce wagon--it was not a great wagon.

It was an
acceptable
wagon.
It was a wagon that was not on a name highly regarded to be town by many slots.
We had one day left on the deadline, and if I recall correctly, the slots being replaced were not yet being replaced so that 24 hours was actually ticking down I think. (I could be mistaken on that tho, obv.)

If you're gonna pretend that a compromise wagon that literally everyone on the wagon has admitted was exactly that,
Was something other than exactly that.

Then you're being disingenuous as fuck.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”